Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,220 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme (17655 Views)

Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead / Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. / Response To Reno Omokri : Igbos Don’t See Yorubas As Cowards But As Cunning Peop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by DAVE41(m): 8:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Is that so?
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Baawaa(m): 8:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Bitter truth!
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by LilSmith55(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
INTROVERT:
Tinubu led yoruba people to slavery, Igbo people dont trust themeselves while Hausa people................ let me park my mustang here first.
Hausa People Using "The Other Room"
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by motherfucker: 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
INTROVERT:
Tinubu led yoruba people to slavery, Igbo people dont trust themeselves while Hausa people................ let me park my mustang here first.
DONT mind these men. But when they want to steal they wouldn't remember those lines.
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by OXYZ: 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
Trust is general human problem is not a problem peculiar to the Igbo,love is trust.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by prince985(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
EazyMoh:
Hmmm it's curious he didn't mention Biafra.
But wait a minute, this old can lie o!
Northerners we see no specialty or superiority in different race. The Islam we generally follow was the first institution to condemn racism where a freed black slave became a governor of an Arab state.
So I don't know which part or who among northerners consider the white man special more than anyone else not to talk of Igbos.
Unless it's his belief that Igbos are imperior to the whiteman and superior to everyone else, but for us northerners we are all equal before God!
When i was warning u about taking osogbo weed u refused to listen...naw c wat is happenin to u..rili sad sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Cletus77(m): 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
somebody lie!!!! Watoff the yoruba?? Dat speech is just to make dem strive more for biafra
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by sholay2011(m): 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
The opening line to this thread is just disgusting. So, you believe the 'white men' are at least more important than you (Igbos)? I wonder what goes through some people's thought process.

It's very silly for any body to think a group of people are 'more important' than another. You can only speak for yourself as an individual, EVERY group or race or tribe is blessed.

In a nut shell, bro Ekwueme...just stop.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by flokii: 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
I laff when they shout freedom.. The Nigerian 'factor' is d only thing keeping them in check..
They have other regions to run to and forget d evil at home

The bloodshed will be too much if they are allowed to go, they'd kill nonsense in themselves just for power tussle.. And no woman will ever hold public office cos they are regarded as subordinates. Why I laff at those forming feminists

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by MrHenshaw: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
muykem:
Why the elder state man is rating white men above Igbo? Very funny people everywhere.

The statement was on quote "".U should know the meaning.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by musaajebor(m): 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
that iz his disposable cup of shayo .

IMO the Yoruba people are even more important than the white man.

proof is when you observe the way white love adopting Yoruba culture and traditional religions

it iz very obvious

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by truthonmission: 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
gidgiddy:
The cause of disunity amongst Igbos is Nigeria!
May God bless u for this insight. Nigeria is a problem to igbo race. to be a good and patrotic nigeria is to be anti igbo and any thing done in the interest of ndi-igbo nigeria is against it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Abagworo(m): 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
Igbo politicians are the problem not the people. They are suffering from "pull him down" syndrome.
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by focus7: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
Truth! But Igbos will not like this, and many of them will be asking for Ekwueme's head now, those untrained Igbos youth will be here to insult him as well.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by LuvU2: 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
sholay2011:
The opening line to this thread is just disgusting. So, you believe the 'white men' are at least more important than you (Igbos)? I wonder what goes through some people's thought process.

It's very silly for any body to think a group of people are 'more important' than another. You can only speak for yourself as an individual, EVERY group or race or tribe is blessed.

I couldnt even read past thar line. Very disgusting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Kachidox(m): 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
I concur....na everyone be king for Igbo..no leader!!
#FACT... am from the east buh iyaf tired for our obiship structure where all men are entitled to have a say... no leader. everybody na king for iim lane... NDIGBO CHANGE OO COZ I WANNA BE PRESIDENT ONE DAY
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by murphyibiam15(m): 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Elder statesman and Second Republic Vice president, Dr. Alex Ekwueme has affirmed that the Igbo people of Nigeria are the second most important people created by God after the ‘white men’.

According to him, though the people occupy a special place in the heart of God, they find it difficult to trust themselves.

He said until the trust is restored, there won’t be progress in the land.

Ekwueme, spoke at the traders’ summit at Amaokpala in Orumba Norht local government area of the state.

He recalled that Igbos were strongly united before and immediately after Nigerian Independence and wondered what went wrong over the years, considering what is currently happening in the Igbo –speaking states of the country.

He said: “When I returned to Nigeria after my studies abroad, I worked for the then ESSO West Africa Limited and the job took me to many cities in the Northern part of the country. I found out that there was no place you would go and won’t find an Igbo man and they all cooperated well.

“If you wanted to buy APC medicine in any city in the North, whether it was Kano, Maiduguri, Kaduna, Bauchi, Bida, Minna, anywhere, it was an Igbo person that would sell it to you. Igbo people were so industrious that Northerners were saying that after the white man, the next most important person created by God was Igbo.

When Igbo was Igbo, there was so much unity, such that once Igbo leaders met and took a decision, every Igbo person would abide by it. The trust among Igbo was responsible for the reason apprenticeship became popular with the result that parents would allow their children to stay with an established Igbo man to learn a trade for periods ranging from five to 10 years after which the apprentice would then be settled to start his own business.

“Even after the settlement, the newly settled young trader would be getting goods on credit from his former master and return the money after sale because of the trust that existed. But lack of trust has diminished that age long cooperation between the master and his former apprentice, which is very worrisome.

“The main problem of the Igbo today is lack of trust. If we can rebuild the trust among ourselves, our people will be better for it.”

While the former vice president appreciated the efforts of Igbo traders engaged in import business, he advised them to pay more attention to areas that would enhance export, arguing that it was by so doing that they would be in a position to withstand the uncertainties in the foreign exchange trade.

President of Anambra Consensus Project, Dr. Emeka Eze explained that the organization was committed to promoting Igbo ideology, as well as oneness of the Igbo and a unified direction of Igbo growth and development.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/17/igbos-dont-trust-ekwueme/
He's an anambra man so am in tanderm with his views.....so much more common amongst his anambra people.imagine saying whites are more superior to Igbo...foolish grey hair old man....am a south easterner but truth is that igbos are the worst creatures one will ever want to associate with....so bilious and hateful and always living on clanship pattern...I spit on crazy Igbo fellows...I prefer staying outside south east bc there is more relaxed mind outside

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Ngozi123(f): 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
sholay2011:

Read the article. He claims that that's what some Northerners said about the Igbos; he doesn't actually say it himself.

I agree with Mr Ekwueme to a certain degree as the apprenticeship scheme has been so beneficial to us over the years; I even believe that it was the reason why we managed to recover so quickly from the economic marginalisation we faced from the Nigerian Government at the end of the Biafran war. However, the issues that we have when it comes to trusting one another isn't specific to the Igbo alone. It's very much a 'Nigerian disease' and starts from the top- the political elite- and slowly trickles down to the bottom- the masses. As a country, both within the Igbo nation and without it, we need to change our whole 'every man for himself' mentality. Once we stop glorifying thieves and start to care about the common man then we'll finally start to see some positive changes in this country.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by DozieInc(m): 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
Some people wont understanding the quote, let me break it down - In the eyes of the Northerner the white-man is god and the Igbo a higher beign.

The Igbos should trust each other more, and be in oneness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Kachidox(m): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
Container Ona High Sea.. i neva hear any afonja or group of afonjas make that statement not to talk of the jihadhist from north.. sheebi ena don ban importation thinking say ena go take our econmic power buh no worry ABA made product go flood market.. the statement go kon be CONTANERS ONA HIHG ROAD/BRIGDE..... Ndigbo Kwenu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by President99: 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
I trust only Okorocha among Igbos

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by eflintsone(m): 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Truth can be very very bitter mehn ... I have heard this same talks from many of my igbo friends..they dont trust eachother ... A major reason why i see biafra failing

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by notoriousbabe: 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
chukwudi44 come hear your blother o grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Ngozi123(f): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
DozieInc:
Some people wont understanding the quote, let me break it down - In the eyes of the Northerner the white-man is god and the Igbo a higher beign.

Thank you for clarifying what he said to everyone. I just don't understand why some people won't read before commenting.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by orimsamsam(m): 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
DozieInc:

I dey laugh in Swahili. Igbo a higher "BEIGN" indeed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Abagworo(m): 9:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
How can we trust ourselves when our States like Anambra has been left to rot by Igbo Governor. This is the present state of a major road in Awka. It has been left in this state for so long that Okada men had to organize a little repair. Such a shame.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by DozieInc(m): 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
orimsamsam:
I dey laugh in Swahili. Igbo a higher "BEIGN" indeed
that means you get.
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by omonnakoda: 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
Second is just the First Loser. Bunch of losers !! No wonder they want to be Jews.
Pathetic!!

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by DozieInc(m): 9:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ngozi123:

Thank you for clarifying what he said to everyone. I just don't understand why some people won't read before commenting.
You are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by omonnakoda: 9:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kachidox:
Container Ona High Sea.. i neva hear any afonja or group of afonjas make that statement not to talk of the jihadhist from north.. sheebi ena don ban importation thinking say ena go take our econmic power buh no worry ABA made product go flood market.. the statement go kon be CONTANERS ONA HIHG ROAD/BRIGDE..... Ndigbo Kwenu
That is the scope of your ambition ? Containers. The first Nigerians to own ships carrying the container was Yoruba.Small people,small minds. Do you know anything about who actually rents out containers? Funny Peeps

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by ThumbzTNA(m): 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
dhamstar:
Some shout-yeast would start shout that the igbos have marginalised now

Run back into your cage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Unveils What Nigerians Should Expect From N’assembly In 2017 / Hold Buhari Responsible If Naira Depreciates Against Dollars – Reno Omokri / "N30bn Missing From NSITF" - Chris Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.