Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme (17663 Views)

Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead / Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. / Response To Reno Omokri : Igbos Don’t See Yorubas As Cowards But As Cunning Peop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by johnsonjosbles(m): 4:09am On Oct 18, 2016
madridguy:
Igbo people of Nigeria are the second most important people created by God after the ‘white men’. Reason why we want ONE NIGERIA DOLE tongue.

Long life Dr. Alex Ekwueme.
see religation, 2nd class criminal slaves, all igbos are 419ers thats why they can never trust themself, now they admited 2nd class creature, yeye ppl
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by godquality: 5:25am On Oct 18, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Elder statesman and Second Republic Vice president, Dr. Alex Ekwueme has affirmed that the Igbo people of Nigeria are the second most important people created by God after the ‘white men’.

Did he really said that out was misquoted? E is invariably saying that the white men are superior humans to us. Seem those white abi grey hairs na for decoration.
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 18, 2016
EazyMoh:
Hmmm it's curious he didn't mention Biafra.
But wait a minute, this old can lie o!
Northerners we see no specialty or superiority in different race. The Islam we generally follow was the first institution to condemn racism where a freed black slave became a governor of an Arab state.
So I don't know which part or who among northerners consider the white man special more than anyone else not to talk of Igbos.
Unless it's his belief that Igbos are imperior to the whiteman and superior to everyone else, but for us northerners we are all equal before God!

See how u jumbled up everything and took it to another level. But mind you, Mohammed owned black slaves and described satan was a black man.. What do u say about that.?
One love
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by juman(m): 6:22am On Oct 18, 2016
When Igbo was Igbo, there was so much unity, such that once Igbo leaders met and took a decision, every Igbo person would abide by it. The trust among Igbo was responsible for the reason apprenticeship became popular with the result that parents would allow their children to stay with an established Igbo man to learn a trade for periods ranging from five to 10 years after which the apprentice would then be settled to start his own business.

“Even after the settlement, the newly settled young trader would be getting goods on credit from his former master and return the money after sale because of the trust that existed. But lack of trust has diminished that age long cooperation between the master and his former apprentice, which is very worrisome

Hmmmm.

Military generals ruled and ruined every aspects of nigerians' life.
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by omonnakoda: 6:28am On Oct 18, 2016
Egunje:
[color=#000099][/color]

Bros, are u a comedian? this is the joke of the millennium. see the way you sound so confident as if ur a traditional custodian in IBO land. Where in the world have u seen such happen? I guess it has only happened with u
Have you asked your elders yet Because I am 100% confident of this and you can quote me anywhere. As recently as the 19th century Igbo men would enslave or indenture their necessitous brothers for money to get married and lay claim to any offspring as chattels
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Kachidox(m): 6:44am On Oct 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
yes or no
Umunna Means clan/kindred.. can you marry your own cousin?? why we don't marry from our own umunna is because the lineage is long. in a bid to curb accidental incestial(if that word exist) marriage. my mum is from the SS(akwa Ibom. Ikot Ekpene/Ikot Abia Idem to be precise ) and she says they also don't marry from their clan... see i did my research u "LovePeddler"

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by MizTyna(f): 7:17am On Oct 18, 2016
IamPatriotic:
That is the problem with criminals, they rarely trust each other.

LMFAO! The saying "No honor among thieves comes to mind" lol!
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by omonnakoda: 9:05am On Oct 18, 2016
Kachidox:

Umunna Means clan/kindred.. can you marry your own cousin?? why we don't marry from our own umunna is because the lineage is long. in a bid to curb accidental incestial(if that word exist) marriage. my mum is from the SS(akwa Ibom. Ikot Ekpene/Ikot Abia Idem to be precise ) and she says they also don't marry from their clan... see i did my research u "LovePeddler"
I am just saying that kind of thinking is only found among people who are still primordial or tribal in their thinking. People often misuse the word tribe in Nigeria. In its correct usage Igbo is not a tribe but a nation or people. What is a tribe is UMUNNA. Umunna mentality is tribal mentality and that is what defines relationships within the Igbo nation.
How can you continue to misrepresent Umunna as (cousin) and why is this only relevant on the father side. You can marry from your mother's village but not your father's. If a tribe is old enough it should evolve into towns and cities and so on. BUt this never happened in Igboland before colonization. Igbos never evolved beyond clans hence the inherent clannishness in their way of thinking.They think clannishly and so they expect everyone else to think like that and project this on to others in their interaction.
All major groups have prejudices of one kind or another against different subgroups of THEIR OWN but not to the level of discrimination found in Igboland where Igbos would sack other Igbos from their civil service because they come from another state

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by 90xtr99r: 9:18am On Oct 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
I am just saying that kind of thinking is only found among people who are still primordial or tribal in their thinking. People often misuse the word tribe in Nigeria. In its correct usage Igbo is not a tribe but a nation or people. What is a tribe is UMUNNA. Umunna mentality is tribal mentality and that is what defines relationships within the Igbo nation.
How can you continue to misrepresent Umunna as (cousin) and why is this only relevant on the father side. You can marry from your mother's village but not your father's. If a tribe is old enough it should evolve into towns and cities and so on. BUt this never happened in Igboland before colonization. Igbos never evolved beyond clans hence the inherent clannishness in their way of thinking.They think clannishly and so they expect everyone else to think like that and project this on to others in their interaction.
All major groups have prejudices of one kind or another against different subgroups of THEIR OWN but not to the level of discrimination found in Igboland where Igbos would sack other Igbos from their civil service because they come from another state

Look at a tribalistic set of greedy people with a confused history of their ancestor Oduduwa who was thrown down from heaven grandstanding senselessly against the Igbo Nation...

Miserable people who cannot stand for anything good in life save to fish in polluted waters in search of rotten matters.

https://www.nairaland.com/3236984/yoruba-race-failing-oduduwa

https://www.nairaland.com/3236213/fear-youth-yoruba-nation-hypocrisy-and-losing-sense

"By the time the Europeans came, even the Yoruba people, did not even learn how to live with each other, they were fighting and all over the north, they were fighting everywhere, there were tribal wars."
I just remember only recently the Yoruba leaders said they want to break, break from where. The Yoruba are probably the people who economically enjoy Nigeria more than anybody, economically. So why are they going?" 
- Mallam Adamu Ciroma

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by ak47mann(m): 9:23am On Oct 18, 2016
Afonjaz always ejaculate when ever they hear superior igbos smh for double slavery cool

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by PentiumProf: 9:38am On Oct 18, 2016
President99:
I trust only Okorocha among Igbos
How can you trust a goat
Are you saying that you reason like a goat
Everyone that trusts Okorocha is related to a goat
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by PentiumProf: 9:39am On Oct 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

Thank you for clarifying what he said to everyone. I just don't understand why some people won't read before commenting.
Because they are illetrate
They reason through their anus
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by PentiumProf: 9:43am On Oct 18, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
see religation, 2nd class criminal slaves, all igbos are 419ers thats why they can never trust themself, now they admited 2nd class creature, yeye ppl
But yorubas are fulani slaves
Your dog awolowo is a disgusting betrayer
He betrayed akintola and ended up in jail
Obasanjo is an ota baboon
Abiola was used and dumped by the fulani
Tell me what good can come out of your cursed land
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by PentiumProf: 9:48am On Oct 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
It is a fact of Igbo culture and history that if a man did not have money to marry his brother would pay for his marriage and he would become his slave . I invite Igbos to deny this
Where did you hear this from
Was it in your dream or fantasy world
If it was in your dream please dream how awolowo killed himself with made in Aba rat poison
It might be helpful to you

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Egunje: 10:26am On Oct 18, 2016
omonnakoda:

Have you asked your elders yet Because I am 100% confident of this and you can quote me anywhere. As recently as the 19th century Igbo men would enslave or indenture their necessitous brothers for money to get married and lay claim to any offspring as chattels
omonnakoda:

omonnakoda:

Yea,just asked my elders. Their reply was that any one who vomited this shit must be either ignorant or brain dead and should avoid been striked by amaduoha.be warned
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by President99: 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
PentiumProf:

How can you trust a goat
Are you saying that you reason like a goat
Everyone that trusts Okorocha is related to a goat
Honestly speaking Okorocha has an unrivalled acceptance in the North, no living Igbo can square him off in that respect. I ignore ur insult brother!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Michel2013: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
ask ur elders like ezeagu they know..........

how old are you? im sure you not gone out of your shit village before.can envisage you right now in your father's 200 yrs old broom roof banging this shits from your pentium1. how can one who never gone beyond his father village would just be yarning nonsense about the Igbo socio-economic life ?
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by omonnakoda: 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
Michel2013:

how old are you? im sure you not gone out of your shit village before.can envisage you right now in your father's 200 yrs old broom roof banging this shits from your pentium1. how can one who never gone beyond his father village would just be yarning nonsense about the Igbo socio-economic life ?
Not everyone is a villager or comes from a village.I know you folk struggle to grasp this
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Fantastic2m(m): 9:31am On Oct 24, 2016
lmao
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:11am On Oct 24, 2016
omonnakoda:

And our population wasn't depleted by the trans Atlantic slave trade unlike the Benin, Igala, etc that sold their sons for mirror and bottle
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by omonnakoda: 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2016
ThumbzTNA:

And our population wasn't depleted by the trans Atlantic slave trade unlike the Benin, Igala, etc that sold their sons for mirror and bottle
Actually they were selling Igbos ,many people like the Ijaws and Itsekiri profited from the trade in Igbos
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by ThumbzTNA(m): 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2016
omonnakoda:

Actually they were selling Igbos ,many people like the Ijaws and Itsekiri profited from the trade in Igbos

And Igbo is still one of the biggest tribes in Nigeria? You lie. Most of these minority tribes in Nigeria are depleted because of slave trade whereby they sold each other off. Have you ever been to Kogi? You will see slave trade dug outs and slave market artifacts, these points are evidence of a booming slave market amongst igala, egbira and other minority tribes. There in none of such in the east

1 Like

Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by saintandsinnerz: 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
Fantastic2m:

Nope!
I'd rather call u a fool,
Am. Here for a mandatory purpose..

Learn mind ur biz
Learn how to stop being a hate filled bigot
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
White men are not created differently than anyone else. Senility is setting in for the old man.
Re: Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme by Fantastic2m(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

27 Nov Of The Nation Newspaper Quotes By Oyedepo About Buhari Death / Aisha Yesufu Twitter Account Temporarily Suspended Once Again / Explosion Rocks PDP Secretariat In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.