Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos (59192 Views)

Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun / Boy Poses With Bush Baby In Enugu State After It Was Killed (Photos) / Is This What The Nigerian "Bush Baby" Animal Looks Like? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by richie9093(m): 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
this thing is just a normal nocturnal animal like bats. can anyone tell me where this myth of money making mat comes from?

I'm genuinely asking.
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by Bollinger(m): 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
Garshyzee:

Come i could say thats irrational from u.. cos there are core beliefs that even going to sch cant change.. undecided angry

See why I said Nigerians don't go to school anymore? So because you believe it makes it true or real or a fact. OK. If that is the case, I believe that the earth is flat so it must be a fact and true. Smh.
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by donsheddy1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
I don't Think Anybody told this rookie guy that bush babies are poisonous and to be honest, this is a specie of the animal that i can't remember though.
Hygist:
A Twitter user shared these photos of what he called a bush baby, I have never seen one myself so I'm not sure of it

https://twitter.com/theRookyKamiz/status/788118487772368897
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by chiedu7: 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
Elfaris:

You na from calabar abi?

You are most likely from the North, Abi?
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by marley145: 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
you are correct,that's a bush baby,it's in the same family of koala, we Africans mistake the mythical imp to bush baby, it's the mythical imp that possess magical power, bow and mat,you can Google it now,cos you got mb
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by TessaJ: 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
UjSizzle:

E be like say you no go boarding school grin
I once had a dislocation becos of dis bush baby thing.We wr in the reading room wen som junior students started shoutin bush baby.bf I knew wat was happenin,everywhr was already scattered.dat was yr 2001.
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by lollmaolol(m): 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
Zoharariel:
And where is his money making-mat?

Superstition ayee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by Biospnx(m): 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
KillerBeauty:
Y is d eyes like that grin grin
are u 4 real. Someone z suppose to know?
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by Biospnx(m): 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
Looks like kaola. And u no collect the mat.
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by Tamunotonye22(m): 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
princefunmmy:
This thing be like panda
I have never seen a brown panda before
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by Nostradamu(m): 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2016
henrydadon:
angry

what nigerian are thinking of right now

[img]http://i./NhUz4RABNiOk0.gif[/img]

[img]http://i./YZyn5FlDj8O5O.gif[/img]

Lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Henry ooooooooooo, i swear ure madt. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha... Cjei, Nigerians shaaaa. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by chubinwa(m): 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
was it crying like a baby cus I witnessed such cry yeaternite. it was horrifying. my neck stiffened in the gigantuan weight of my head. d most bizarre and weird nite ever witnessed.
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by kechywillz(m): 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2016
What is the name of the animal
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by jaylister(m): 11:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
some people are so dump, they see the english name yet they call it panda, please search for buch baby or galago you will get full details
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by Elfaris(m): 11:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
chiedu7:

You are most likely from the North, Abi?
yes I am
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 19, 2016
That's a Potto

Its not a Lemur, it also not a Bush Baby
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by realist101(f): 12:17am On Oct 19, 2016
Abeg abeg this animal is called a slot... Bush baby in... Bush baby ko
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by Uwanaskye(f): 2:40am On Oct 19, 2016
Looks like a koala bear...
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by Tedassie(m): 4:11am On Oct 19, 2016
Oizarammy:

I personally dont think this bush baby thing even exists, might be a myth

It's a REAL animal,therefore it exists!

Here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galago

https://www.britannica.com/animal/bush-baby

now spread the word!
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by whizcartel(m): 6:26am On Oct 19, 2016
that's no bush baby. its a northern greater galago.
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by whizcartel(m): 6:28am On Oct 19, 2016
That's no bush baby. It is a northern greater galago.

Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by VellyG(m): 6:32am On Oct 19, 2016
This is not Bush baby. Bush baby is actually a wild cat. No difference from the normal domestic cat we see at home. Just that its bigger in size.

1 Like

Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by barcaboi(m): 7:02am On Oct 19, 2016
Hygist:
A Twitter user shared these photos of what he called a bush baby, I have never seen one myself so I'm not sure of it

https://twitter.com/theRookyKamiz/status/788118487772368897
bush baby is actually an animal....u can google it
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by Tedassie(m): 9:11am On Oct 19, 2016
realist101:
Abeg abeg this animal is called a slot... Bush baby in... Bush baby ko

Actually the animal 'Bush baby' or 'Galago' exists

Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by Tedassie(m): 9:14am On Oct 19, 2016
VellyG:
This is not Bush baby. Bush baby is actually a wild cat. No difference from the normal domestic cat we see at home. Just that its bigger in size.
Bushbaby is NOT a wildcat,oga....it's in an entirely different taxonomy.

1 Like

Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by chiedu7: 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
Elfaris:

yes I am

No wonder!
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by ImFortress(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2016
TessaJ:
I once had a dislocation becos of dis bush baby thing.We wr in the reading room wen som junior students started shoutin bush baby.bf I knew wat was happenin,everywhr was already scattered.dat was yr 2001.

Are you sure grin . Firstly, that's not a bush baby, it's a Kaola. Secondly, bush baby looks like a grey cat, it's not a mythical creature. One might even mistake it for cat.
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by ImFortress(m): 11:18am On Oct 25, 2016
Oizarammy:

I personally dont think this bush baby thing even exists, might be a myth

It exist but not in the mythical way it's being described. It's just a regular catlike creature
Re: Is This The 'almighty' Bush Baby? (Galago)...Photos by ElsonMorali: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2016
That's a koala. It's an animal.

Bush babies according to Yoruba lore, (also known as egbere ), are dwarf-like forest djinns. They cry a lot and their cries resemble that of an infant child. They are known to carry tattered mats under their armpits and It's considered a very bad luck to actually encounter one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Snake With A Foot Found In China / Python Kills A Dog In Port-Harcourt, Gets Killed Too (Photos) / Science Section LIBRARY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.