Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science (1202 Views)

Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering / Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? / Petroleum Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by Aphex(m): 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
I plan on taking jamb this year. Those two courses are my interests. Thing is, I dunno what the difference between each of them is. So, guys, pls help me. What's the difference(s)? Which has better future career prospects? (I'm talking financially), what's ur reason?, Which federal university is best to study them? I need advice, cus I've made mistakes when it comes to admission.
Thanks!
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by pneumaticos(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
Aphex:
I plan on taking jamb this year. Those two courses are my interests. Thing is, I dunno what the difference between each of them is. So, guys, pls help me. What's the difference(s)? Which has better future career prospects? (I'm talking financially), what's ur reason?, Which federal university is best to study them? I need advice, cus I've made mistakes when it comes to admission.
Thanks!

Futa,

Lautech

Read google to know the difference, because in Nigeria the course module is almost thesame

But if you gadgeticed go for engineer

If you interested in reaaoning and very creative then go for software... science.. i think only convenant uni offers software engineering for now

Good luck
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by greatnaija01: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
Aphex:
Thanks!

BROTHERLY

The bitter TRUTH is that NO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY IS BETTER OR HAS WHAT YOU SEEK

If make your choice based on the schools you will heavily regret.... just go in for computer science and THEN ENSURE YOU ARE READY TO BE SELF TAUGHT because thats the only way you will ever be a HOT CAKE GURU financially even before you graduate... if you doubt me GO TO THE SCHOOLS YOU WANT TO GAIN ENTRANCE TO... AND CHECK THE 100-300LEVEL SYLLABUS IF YOU FIND THE FOLLOWING COURSES THERE THEN LET ME KNOW AND I WILL WRITE JAMB JUST TO GO BACK TO UNIVERSITY AGAIN FOR A 3RD DEGREE

MCITP
MCP
ANIMATION/ 3D GRAPHICS
CORE ANDROID PROGRAMMING
SOFTWARE APPLICATION DEVEOPMENT
ORACLE
LINUX PROGRAMMING

Since am too sure you cant find even ONE of these courses in a federal university as a CORE COURSE WITH INTENSE PRACTICAL... i advice you kindly lower your expectation and increase your PERSONAL DETERMINATION to train yourself by yourself through BOOKS, EBOOK, YOUTUBE TUTORIALS n even PAY SOMEONE TO TEACH YOU....

Let the university give you CERTIFICATE but train yourself to have SABIFICATE.

2 Likes

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by Aphex(m): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
greatnaija01:

BROTHERLY

The bitter TRUTH is that NO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY IS BETTER OR HAS WHAT YOU SEEK

If make your choice based on the schools you will heavily regret.... just go in for computer science and THEN ENSURE YOU ARE READY TO BE SELF TAUGHT because thats the only way you will ever be a HOT CAKE GURU financially even before you graduate... if you doubt me GO TO THE SCHOOLS YOU WANT TO GAIN ENTRANCE TO... AND CHECK THE 100-300LEVEL SYLLABUS IF YOU FIND THE FOLLOWING COURSES THERE THEN LET ME KNOW AND I WILL WRITE JAMB JUST TO GO BACK TO UNIVERSITY AGAIN FOR A 3RD DEGREE

MCITP
MCP
ANIMATION/ 3D GRAPHICS
CORE ANDROID PROGRAMMING
SOFTWARE APPLICATION DEVEOPMENT
ORACLE
LINUX PROGRAMMING

Since am too sure you cant find even ONE of these courses in a federal university as a CORE COURSE WITH INTENSE PRACTICAL... i advice you kindly lower your expectation and increase your PERSONAL DETERMINATION to train yourself by yourself through BOOKS, EBOOK, YOUTUBE TUTORIALS n even PAY SOMEONE TO TEACH YOU....

Let the university give you CERTIFICATE but train yourself to have SABIFICATE.
Alright. Thank u!
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by Aphex(m): 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
pneumaticos:

Futa,

Lautech

Read google to know the difference, because in Nigeria the course module is almost thesame

But if you gadgeticed go for engineer

If you interested in reaaoning and very creative then go for software... science.. i think only convenant uni offers software engineering for now

Good luck
I'm definitely interested in the reasoning
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by ashewoboy(m): 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
They are both crappy la cram la pour courses. It's the street that teaches how to be a computer expert not all those crappy theories that you do in school.
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by Aphex(m): 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
ashewoboy:
They are both crappy la cram la pour courses. It's the street that teaches how to be a computer expert not all those crappy theories that you do in school.
Okay. Noted!

(1) (Reply)

2017 WAEC Live Questions/answers / Project Topics In Business Administration / Mau Rag Day 2017.[photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.