Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,493 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering (20537 Views)

Moses Adebowale Ogunbiyi Slumps And Dies (UNIOSUN Civil Engineering Dept HOD) / Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? / Petroleum Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by absool(m): 10:38am On Jul 26, 2017
I often hear students complaining about how hard Chemical engineering is but after a little research which I carried out, I noticed more students graduating with first class in Chemical engineering than in Civil engineering. Which do you think is tougher

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by absool(m): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2017
Matured responses only
Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by zionmade(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2017
Mechanical is not even as hard as chemical talk less of civil. The truth is that in civil the calculations are somehow straight forward, u can know wen u arrive at the answer. but chemical, my brother it's too complex. Before anybody quotes me, I have a degree in chemical and mechanical. I will prefer writing mechanical exams compared to chemical. civil na their junior brother.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by freshest4live: 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2017
absool:
I often hear students complaining about how hard Chemical engineering is but after a little research which I carried out, I noticed more students graduating with first class in Chemical engineering than in Civil engineering. Which do you think is tougher
During my time in uniport, both departments were tough, none had produced a first class in their history.
Haven said that, chemical is definitely more diverse than civil and quiet interesting, and more students enroll in chemical than Civil on the average, so the possibility of attracting the very best is higher in chemical than civil.
The rate at which you may find one more difficult than the other depends on your interest.

6 Likes

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by absool(m): 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
freshest4live:

During my time in uniport, both departments were tough, none had produced a first class in their history.
Haven said that, chemical is definitely more diverse than civil and quiet interesting, and more students enroll in chemical than Civil on the average, so the possibility of attracting the very best is higher in chemical than civil.
The rate at which you may find one more difficult than the other depends on your interest.
But according to my research civil engineering is the oldest and widest

15 Likes

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by Champella(m): 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
zionmade:
Mechanical is not even as hard as chemical talk less of civil. The truth is that in civil the calculations are somehow straight forward, u can know wen u arrive at the answer. but chemical, my brother it's too complex. Before anybody quotes me, I have a degree in chemical and mechanical. I will prefer writing mechanical exams compared to chemical. civil na their junior brother.

Na wa o. You mean you have B.Eng degrees in both Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering?

13 Likes

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by ademoladeji(m): 7:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Engineering profession is very tough irrespective of its branches. To rate between civil engineering and chemical engineering is just like rating between Ronaldo and Messi; Preference definitely will come to place.

To be sentimental, I am choosing Civil Engineering over Chemical Engineering. Reasons being that:
1. You can hardly get a 1st class in CVE but in CME, it's very normal.

2. Understanding Chemistry n Maths alone could be vital for CME but not in case of CVE because Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography , Statistics and even Law might not be enough.

3. CVE is the oldest form of Engineering which makes it an ancient entity with grave n complex problems.

All the same, both courses are great.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by holatin(m): 7:33am On Jul 28, 2017
only the novice say that.

if you know the right chemical to inhale in the lab, your brain storing capability will be like a super computer

anything you read will magneticFY to your amygdala and hypothalamus region of the brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by LookAtMe0000: 7:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Are you crazy?? It's chemical

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by emmyw(m): 7:33am On Jul 28, 2017
I Hate Seeing Threads Like This, People Now Ask Questions Like Easier Course! Less Difficult Course, Course Without Mathematics, It Makes No Sense To me, Even MBBS Is Not Difficult, It's About Learning What You Are Suppose To Learn, I Would Love To Type More But But I Have Important Things To Attend To

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by Kokaine(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2017
civil

chemical sef hard diee

my brother just do electrical.

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by Gwan2(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2017
Ironically OP you asked an immature question but demanded a mature answer....Next time ask which is more challenging amongst the two rather than using difficult, your question should depict your open mindedness. Thanks.
I'm a graduate of chemical engineering, it is one of the most interesting engineering course you can study or a nightmare if you think it is basically about oil and gas or chemistry. It brodens your mind to designing, operating and maintaning systems that uses chemical reaction in their operations... Chemical engineering needs alot of meticulousNess is knowing process transport phenomena, mass and energy balance and their kinetics. It is very bankable in develop countries, Chemical engineers are among the first three best paid engineers in the US.
Civil engineering as well is interesting and challenging...I'm planning on running a master in civil engineering department, then I will come and post an EPISTLE on it just as I had done for Chemical engineering.

6 Likes

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by kazyhm(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2017
chenical engineering hard pass ahswear
Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 28, 2017
Does it matter? Gain admission and do what you see your mates doing, no time bros. This country is not smiling at all. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 28, 2017
Champella:

Na wa o. You mean you have B.Eng degrees in both Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering?
nothing is impossible
Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 7:35am On Jul 28, 2017
i don't know but with what i've heard its chemical
Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by OpinionCounts(m): 7:36am On Jul 28, 2017
The one you don't have interest for and you are not cut-out for is d most difficult.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by Babtunz: 7:36am On Jul 28, 2017
LookAtMe0000:
Are you crazy?? It's chemical
Shoro niyen
Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by seunny4lif(m): 7:36am On Jul 28, 2017
Both
One is more of Chemistry while the other is more of drawing.
Both are mathematic
Both are Physical
Both are nice
Both are etc
AutoCAD etc
Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by Donald3d(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2017
its chemical engineering now
Here is a rule of thumb i always use when it has to do with science and judging what is easy and what is not :
The closer you move to atoms or electrons the tougher it becomes
Civil engineering is very far away from atoms and electrons (mostly physical stuff iron rod)
Electrical Engineering is tougher than civil(i did electrical,you are very close to electrons and atoms ,especially dealing with their motion)
Chemical Engineering is toughest among these three (because it actually deals with combination of this atoms and electrons to form something new)
The bottom line is nothing is hard ,you just have to love what u do
If you get a course you dont like ,try to change it to what u love ,if you cant change try to fall in love with it.
As my father would say,nothing is hard or difficult,you just dont know it .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by martineverest(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2017
Civil
Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by introvertme: 7:37am On Jul 28, 2017
absool:

Chemical...
buh all d departments for engineering hard...
Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by martineverest(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2017
seunny4lif:
Both
One is more of Chemistry while the other is more of drawing.
Both are mathematic
Both are Physical
Both are nice
Both are etc
AutoCAD etc
drawing ke?
Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by infogenius(m): 7:38am On Jul 28, 2017
You can only find out if u study both courses.
Both are very challenging courses to study in Nigeria
Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by martineverest(m): 7:38am On Jul 28, 2017
introvertme:

Chemical...
buh all d departments for engineering hard...
except electrical

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by Mavrick2012: 7:38am On Jul 28, 2017
I have seen lots of 1st class chemical engineering graduates, in fact, i have never come across a 3rd class graduate in chemical engineering.
But, i have seen only one 1st 1st class civil engineering graduate, most of my guys that read civil engineering have 2.2,the most intelligent ones have 2.1.
Logic :i think civil engineering is more difficult.

8 Likes

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 7:40am On Jul 28, 2017
zionmade:
hmm both in chemical and mecianical ! *coughs*
ISSORITE !

3 Likes

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by introvertme: 7:41am On Jul 28, 2017
martineverest:
except electrical
grin grin ...yes I forgot ...
Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by zicky(m): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2017
Civil Eng is the mother of all Engineering

2 Likes

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by seunny4lif(m): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2017
martineverest:
drawing ke?
Civil Engineering na drawing ooooh unless FUTA own dey diff grin grin
Not normal drawing like artist ooooh

2 Likes

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by hinograce: 7:42am On Jul 28, 2017
Well I think it differs based on d university. For Uniben 2:1 in Mech eng is the highest any scholar aimed at. To all the Geologists in the house greetings. We Rock

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering by seunny4lif(m): 7:43am On Jul 28, 2017
Eastatlantaniqqa:
hmm both in chemical and mecianical ! *coughs*
ISSORITE !
It's happen but not in Nigeria
Only in advance country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Useful Mobile Apps For Students / NUC Suspends Caritas, Lead City & Tansian Universities' Licenses / 2021 UTME: JAMB Announces Registration Date, Makes NIN Compulsory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.