Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) (11708 Views)

My Dubai Experience ( It Got Scary) / My Dubai Experience From Lagos / Pictures From My Dubai Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2016
otosa:
We are waiting for you to come and finish the story keh
I'll within the next hour
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by otokx(m): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
Nice read but there is something for an hustler.
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 23, 2016
Interesting! how I wish a friend was able to read this before he 'sold' himself in name of hustling. This would have been a great lesson to him. At least the little money he used to process the visa would have been channeled to a more productive area.

1 Like

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by OlowoB(m): 3:05am On Oct 23, 2016
The major problem most Nigerians always have is that they do not do detailed research before travelling out of the country.

Yes agreed, naija is not smiling but make sure that for any country visa you will be processing, you have done nothing less than 6 months research about that country and this research must be based on what you have read and directly from people who live there (those who have positive and negative things to say), infact make sure you also listen to the deportees of the particulate country you are headed grin you will learn from them, most especially if you are going there to HUSTLE.

At the end of the day even if turns out not to be what you have planned for, you would have been fully prepared mentally on what to expect. HUSTLING is not easy in any part of the world.

Finally, if you are in Nigeria and you are earning at least 80k monthly, I will advise that you do NOT move to any other country to HUSTLE unless it is USA, Canada or Australia and you must be sure of exactly what you are going to do there with SOLID plans.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by texaco1: 3:36am On Oct 23, 2016
This story is really an eye opener but still many will not believe ..

1 Like

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 3:47am On Oct 23, 2016
I arrived Lagos then straight to my akure.After a week the HR in my new found company called me that as he was trying to apply for my visa he's getting a response that a visa was already on process for me,I got shocked and confused he said no problem he'd still try more.I started thinking could it b that sumer applied for my visa without my consent?which kind devil be this na?haa see my life oo?Could this be ordinary? Or I get family witch way dey after my progress. Hmmm,few days later I got a call from a friend in sumer that my visa is already out this guy congratulated me but I told him he's giving me a bad news So I didn't need his congrat.at all
I put a call straight to engr Williams"bro why you do this to me after all I told you I'm no more interested in that work" He said "I'm sorry don't worry it's a very simple thing when you come I'll arrange with the manager and Your employment will be transfer to your new company and they will give me NOC" foolish me I believed the idiot fraudster.

1 Like

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by texaco1: 3:54am On Oct 23, 2016
Xpol:
this guy congratulated me but I told him he's giving me a bad news So I didn't need his congrat.at all
This really got me cracking

4 Likes

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 4:02am On Oct 23, 2016
texaco1:

This really got me cracking
you can say that again

1 Like

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 5:12am On Oct 23, 2016
I called HR to tell him what Williams told me He said "Victor I can't lie to you I like you so much and I really like you to work with me but what he told you is very difficult to do it's even almost impossible"I ended the call and called Williams again He gave me 100% assurance and even told me he has done it for Two people in the past "Victor you're like a brother to me I can't deceive you so you gotto believe me"."well I'll go if I reach and find out it's not possible I know what to do"I explained to my mum I'd be leaving in few days,she gave me 150k for ticket and pocket money.The next day I left for Lagos after I kept my bad in a Friend's house I headed straight to Emirate airline's office booked my ticket about 82k,Two days later I arrived Dubai.
The next morning I went straight to willIams office not satisfied with what He was saying then straight to the manager's office,explained everything to him "Mr Victor I'm sorry nothing I can do about this we spent so much money on your visa and we paid Williams for bringing all of you so you'll have to work with us for at least one year before you can join another company"I asked if the salary is actually 1800AED he laughed and said our basic salary is 700.My head sparked like say na thunder sparked.During that time you'll have six months ban if you leave your company without the completion of your contract or in some cases less than a year.I rushed to Williams".me: Williams! so you actually traded my future for your selfish interest abi Williams: shocked, Victor calm down have your sit let's talk.Me:God go punish that your mouth you this idiot you're definitely one of those who spoil 9ja name abroad. Williamssad speechless and faced down)Victor I'm sorry but..Me:but what I don't need your explanations cos I'm not leaving your office without taking back my 1000drm.Williams: But you know that is not possible you paid me for work and I've given you the work.Me:OK we shall see I'll show you film as if we are in 9ja together and if care is not taking when I'm leaving this company we may leave together. Williams: my friend leave my office that one na small pikin threat I'm beyond that.

1 Like

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by texaco1: 5:51am On Oct 23, 2016
You dont know the value of what you have until you lose it

2 Likes

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 5:55am On Oct 23, 2016
Hmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 6:55am On Oct 23, 2016
Since I don't have option I started carrying my blocks and cements and I've to lie to my mum it's the security company cos she would asked me to come home immediately .since I knew how much I've wasted and no more work in 9ja So I decided to endure for six months. Twice in a week I kept reminding Williams about the danger in not giving me back my money but He took it as a child play. One day I went to deira it was around 8pm and I saw some guys shouting speaking Yoruba and Igbo so I move closer haha it was williams ohh(half naked) everyone of them was like "Give me back my 2000drm now or you die" "give me my 1k now"etc.I was so happy that day,later they drag him to Naif police station but it's like the policemen are already tired of 9ja wahala lol the first thing they said was you Nigerian again?later they just talk to us, ordered for his clothes and said we should go and settled our wahala on our own and report back tomorrow after they'd checked he had pataka(IDs) I didn't know how they later resolved the issue though.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 7:12am On Oct 23, 2016
texaco1:
You dont know the value of what you have until you lose it
hmm
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by texaco1: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2016
Xpol:
hmm
Yes bro,I learned those words from onatisi here and since then I have always learned to value whatever I have now and to see the opportunities that surrounds me rather than the negative sides. I wish I have your writing skills ,I have many stories to write too maybe in future God will give me the grace. Thank God you took the right decision early and you dammed the consequences,life struggle is never Won by running away from the challenge but by taking the bulls by the horns and facing it. Once again congratulations bro

4 Likes

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by otokx(m): 10:29am On Oct 23, 2016
I celebrate with you for taking the right decision to come back, will still like to know the end of that Williams guy, is he not on Facebook?
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by sanandreas(m): 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
What a story! An eye opener.
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by cutieme(m): 5:25am On Oct 28, 2016
@xpol what an amazing testimony!But bro,how much is laptop and phones sold over there compared to Nigeria here thanks
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
The Story was long but absolutely worth it, xpol na movie remain o, whenever you decide to make it into a movie na me go act your part
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by geovanni24(m): 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
I can't stop laughing dude...I live and work in Dubai and I have had a fair share of your experiences too....these are challenges we must face in life ...Dubai will teach you to be strong and resilient..in your quest for financial stability you will meet alot of primitive,archaic and incorrigible nationalities whose lives are dependent on Dubai....as an African u have a purpose..therefore u achieve your goal irrespective of all these adversities and move on...right now I'm enjoying the country

5 Likes

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
love this story, there is a lot of things to learn from it
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by classichsy(m): 7:57am On Oct 29, 2016
otokx:
I celebrate with you for taking the right decision to come back, will still like to know the end of that Williams guy, is he not on Facebook?

Bad guy. Not only facebook na instagram he dey. Gbeborun.amebo.Sorbolation. Lols

1 Like

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 10:57pm On Oct 29, 2016
cutieme:
@xpol what an amazing testimony!But bro,how much is laptop and phones sold over there compared to Nigeria here thanks
depending on types and models I.e HP 7930p(cam+light+sim tray) which sells very fast in my area:if you can afford 100pcs they can sell it for you at the rate of 200drm one but if you can't afford 100pcs it goes btw 500-600 when I started 1drm=#45 but now it's around #100 or so
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 10:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
classichsy:

Bad guy. Not only facebook na instagram he dey. Gbeborun.amebo.Sorbolation. Lols
hahahaha
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by NONNYG: 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2016
Dirham is 122
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
NONNYG:
Dirham is 122
thanks for that
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by opejole: 8:04am On Nov 20, 2016
@xpol,i really gained alot 4rm ur post thank u so much
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
opejole:
@xpol,i really gained alot 4rm ur post thank u so much
welcome bro
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by NONNYG: 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
Now 125
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by akinssan(m): 3:50am On Nov 22, 2016
NONNYG:
Now 125
is that official rate?
xpol pls check you mail.
Good experience....you see alot of guys in deira market hustling....uhm
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 9:07am On Nov 22, 2016
akinssan:
is that official rate?
xpol pls check you mail.
Good experience....you see alot of guys in deira market hustling....uhm
checked n replied

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uber Drivers Protest Against 40% Fare Reduction (Full details) / Chinese Embassy To Open Consular Office In Anambra - Commissioner / How Can I Get First Nation Airways To Refund My Hard Earned Money.help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.