Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) (11707 Views)

My Dubai Experience ( It Got Scary) / My Dubai Experience From Lagos / Pictures From My Dubai Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by OLLYMAX(m): 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
falopey:
I'm only laughing reading your story because I too experienced virtually everything you experienced in your Dubai story. Lol...from being taken by a guy from the airport to al qoise (spelling not sure) industrial area where he lived to palm deira paying 200dollars for a bed space in a room of 12 people, 3 sleeping on the floor, while 9 sleeping on triple decker student size bed in a very tiny room. I had experiences with fake people, Nigerians the likes that promised to help me with just anyhow job. But I ended up being 419ed by all of them. Eventually I was glad I left Dubai before I become "Teko". Yes that's what they call them, people stuck in Dubai for overstaying their visa. So they can't get out of the country for the rest of their lives unless the government gives them amnesty.
they do take the risk of using another person passport while changed the head to escape out of the country. As I couldn't get job,i run for my life to manage my nigeria.lol
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by OLLYMAX(m): 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
Xpol:
haha Dubai bed bug is second to none in the whole world
those Pakistan,nepal,Bangladesh guys nd Philippine gosh very disgusting. They can even eat bedbugs
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 4:26pm On Nov 22, 2016
OLLYMAX:
those Pakistan,nepal,Bangladesh guys nd Philippine gosh very disgusting. They can even eat bedbugs
hahahaha
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
OLLYMAX:
they do take the risk of using another person passport while changed the head to escape out of the country. As I couldn't get job,i run for my life to manage my nigeria.lol
lol you no wan risk am
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Originalsly: 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
Interesting write up!... you paint a pretty good picture of what one can expect on ground in Dubai. I always thought that if you overstay in any country you are free to leave.....but can be barred from returning.... never knew you had to pay to leave Dubai! Hmmm..... no return ticket.... visa expired... same as Point of No Return.
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Pamelayoung: 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
This is very touchy story, tnx 2 ur supportive mum. Such is life.

2 Likes

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by bikerboy1(m): 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
OlowoB:
The major problem most Nigerians always have is that they do not do detailed research before travelling out of the country.

Yes agreed, naija is not smiling but make sure that for any country visa you will be processing, you have done nothing less than 6 months research about that country and this research must be based on what you have read and directly from people who live there (those who have positive and negative things to say), infact make sure you also listen to the deportees of the particulate country you are headed grin you will learn from them, most especially if you are going there to HUSTLE.

At the end of the day even if turns out not to be what you have planned for, you would have been fully prepared mentally on what to expect. HUSTLING is not easy in any part of the world.

Finally, if you are in Nigeria and you are earning at least 80k monthly, I will advise that you do NOT move to any other country to HUSTLE unless it is USA, Canada or Australia and you must be sure of exactly what you are going to do there with SOLID plans.

Bros what about New Zealand?
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by jamislaw(m): 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
Nice story am touched, your mum is the best mum very supportive and she believes in you. You are very lucky to have her as your mum.

5 Likes

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Pamelayoung: 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
[Please what's the name of the market u said things are sold for btw 1-10dhr
quote author=OLLYMAX post=51271516] they do take the risk of using another person passport while changed the head to escape out of the country. As I couldn't get job,i run for my life to manage my nigeria.lol[/quote]
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
You would still be in Dubai now had it been it was the security company that processed your visa....but bros you try oooo.....dem no invite you for interview, you use #agbari for them and you got the job....you be correct omo Yoruba. ...you no be omo ale....tiiri gbosas for you....

4 Likes

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 11:46am On Nov 25, 2016
Pamelayoung:
[Please what's the name of the market u said things are sold for btw 1-10dhr
quote author=OLLYMAX post=51271516] they do take the risk of using another person passport while changed the head to escape out of the country. As I couldn't get job,i run for my life to manage my nigeria.lol
they are many you see 1-5, 1-10,1-20 and so on And that's the name they boldly write there so I don't know if they still have their real name
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2016
deeMarc:
You would still be in Dubai now had it been it was the security company that processed your visa....but bros you try oooo.....dem no invite you for interview, you use #agbari for them and you got the job....you be correct omo Yoruba. ...you no be omo ale....tiiri gbosas for you....
yes o but the agbari no con get meaning at last lol
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
Originalsly:
Interesting write up!... you paint a pretty good picture of what one can expect on ground in Dubai. I always thought that if you overstay in any country you are free to leave.....but can be barred from returning.... never knew you had to pay to leave Dubai! Hmmm..... no return ticket.... visa expired... same as Point of No Return.
If you don't provide your return ticket na yo remain inside prison oh until you're able to do that.but if your overstay never plenty u can still pay fine and leave successfully with right to re enter.I heard of a guy who have overstayed for many years after he don send enof money to 9ja and also buy some expensive gold to resell he just go meet them for 9ja embassy with dirty cloth start to they rant for them saying he don tired of suffer suffer life in UAE na sharpaly dem help am arrange Him document without demanding a dime from him forward the doc to immigration for necessary action in few days they called him for immigration he do fingerprinting,eyes scanning and necessary documentations and gave them his return ticket without tasting sell he enter 9ja
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Pamelayoung: 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
Xpol:
they are many you see 1-5, 1-10,1-20 and so on And that's the name they boldly write there so I don't know if they still have their real name

Is it around sharjah
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2016
Pamelayoung:

Is it around sharjah
yes inside sharjah one is close to alqusais iv.if u enter sharjah through alqusais iv ask a taxi to take u to 1-10 he will know there
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by texaco1: 3:23am On Nov 26, 2016
deeMarc:
Fear is the beginning of failure. He wasn't afraid of taking that risk and neither was he afraid to return home and face his struggles. The fear of shame is what is Making a lot of ppl stay abroad ,because they fear they wil be booed if they return home.

1 Like

Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by ruzell86: 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2016
texaco1:

Fear is the beginning of failure. He wasn't afraid of taking that risk and neither was he afraid to return home and face his struggles. The fear of shame is what is Making a lot of ppl stay abroad ,because they fear they wil be booed if they return home.
Is this issue of over staying and fines associated with Dubai alone? Is it so in other countries, or can't the person be easily deported on request?
Plus, is it same for African countries?
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by hustla(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
DarkRed:
Summary na, guy. Shebi you b guru for sec skool. English wasn't a problem for you shey? Biko summary.

Obviously a made up story or he isn't as 'guru' as he claimed initially
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by hustla(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
OlowoB:
The major problem most Nigerians always have is that they do not do detailed research before travelling out of the country.

Yes agreed, naija is not smiling but make sure that for any country visa you will be processing, you have done nothing less than 6 months research about that country and this research must be based on what you have read and directly from people who live there (those who have positive and negative things to say), infact make sure you also listen to the deportees of the particulate country you are headed grin you will learn from them, most especially if you are going there to HUSTLE.

At the end of the day even if turns out not to be what you have planned for, you would have been fully prepared mentally on what to expect. HUSTLING is not easy in any part of the world.

Finally, if you are in Nigeria and you are earning at least 80k monthly, I will advise that you do NOT move to any other country to HUSTLE unless it is USA, Canada or Australia and you must be sure of exactly what you are going to do there with SOLID plans.

You have said it all
Those 3 countries, with clear, laid out, solid plans from A to Z
Re: My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) by Xpol: 12:00am On Nov 28, 2016
ruzell86:

Is this issue of over staying and fines associated with Dubai alone? Is it so in other countries, or can't the person be easily deported on request?
Plus, is it same for African countries?
I don't think any country will willingly allw u 2over stay,if caught you need to be dealt with in accordance with the law of the land ,some deport u within weeks with their government taking care of the cost,some put u in deportation camp(cell)till when they like or when u are able to bear the cost of ur deportation+/- fine but most of middle east countries practice the later.African countries also deport ppl that hv overstayed in their country but that's not takn serious in our ECOWAS.overstaying is not advisable in Asia countries I almost cried when a friend was narrating why he passed through in Malaysia deportation camp.A man also told me how he almost die in Dubai sell cos of fake visa an agent did for him in 2012 and he was able to enter Dubai with it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uber Drivers Protest Against 40% Fare Reduction (Full details) / Chinese Embassy To Open Consular Office In Anambra - Commissioner / How Can I Get First Nation Airways To Refund My Hard Earned Money.help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.