Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna (768 Views)

Mob Attacks 3 Robbery Suspects In Benue (Graphic Photos) / The 2 Priests And 15 Others Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Father Gor Joseph's Facebook Post About Fulani Herdsmen In January Before Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by Abagworo(m): 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
Mob attacks, burns 14 Fulani herdsmen in Kaduna

By News Express on 18/10/2016

A mob has, Monday, attacked and burnt to death some Fulani herdsmen in Kaduna. An eyewitness said that 14 people were “hacked and burnt” to death over the weekend.

The long-running battle between the nomadic Fulani herdsmen and farmers for land represents a major Nigerian battleground that is often overlooked but no less violent than the northeastern Boko Haram insurgency or the Niger delta uprising in the south.

“I was returning from Plateau state with eight passengers, all of them Fulani herders,” commercial bus driver Adamu Aliyu told AFP.

Aliyu said his bus broke down in Kaduna state, so he left it to go search for a mechanic. “While I was away a mob surrounded the vehicle and forcibly brought out the eight passengers. They hacked them to death, dumped them in the vehicle and set it ablaze,” Aliyu said. “Another vehicle was also attacked when it stopped to refuel and all the six people were burnt to death along with the car.”

Aliyu said a riot broke out in the streets, with soldiers and police finally intervening to contain the carnage. “When the situation calmed I returned to my vehicle and found its burnt carcass with charred remains of the passengers,” Aliyu said.

Jema’a local government chairman Bege Katuka said the area had been thrown into chaos with “indiscriminate” shooting the night before. “On Saturday suspected Fulani herdsmen invaded Godogodo and opened indiscriminate fire on residents,” Katuka said. “The following day youth in the area mobilised and blocked the highway, vandalising vehicles and attacking motorists,” Katuka said.

Kaduna state police spokesman Aliyu Usman acknowledged the Godogodo attack and the riot, but said only two people had died in the unrest. Clashes over grazing rights are common between Muslim Fulani herders and largely Christian farmers in Nigeria, particularly in the religiously mixed central states. (AFP)

Source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/mob-attacks-burn-14-fulani-herdsmen-kaduna/
Re: Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by pally1982: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
Is it by accident that wherever you find Fulanis, then violence will be registered. I kind of wonder what Nigeria would have been like if Igbos were fulanis.

1 Like

Re: Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by BossKratos: 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2016
Tit for tat?
Re: Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by Opharhe: 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
This is dangerous.
Re: Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by selch(m): 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
This is the main problem, when pushed too far people would fight back, two wrong don't make a right, I'm not promoting violence or encouraging silence, the fulani /farmers fight should b top priority with naira and economy fall,, rather that saying who should belong to the other room
Re: Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by chiedu7: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
pally1982:
Is it by accident that wherever you find Fulanis, then violence will be registered. I kind of wonder what Nigeria would have been like if Igbos were fulanis.

If it were Igbo, be rest assured they will be classed as terrorists by GMB.
Re: Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by NaijaMutant(f): 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by lagdmark(m): 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
Obasanjo : it's only the state and local government responsibility to guarantee security, not buhari's problem
Re: Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by devilson(m): 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
Am not a supporter of violence but it's good for the dumb horsemen.
I don't even av an iota of pity for them
Re: Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by devilson(m): 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
Am not a supporter of violence but it's good for the dumb horsemen.
I don't even av an iota of pity for them

maybe bubu would take the herdsmen issue serious when they keep killing the herdsmen
Re: Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by kingsman66(m): 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
14 ONLY
Re: Mob Attacks, Burns 14 Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna by hungryboy(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
This is the Old Dullard's fault
This southern Kaduna guys have suffered greatly at the hands of murderous Fulani herdsmen, with the government doing nothing about it ,
The only option left was to resort to self help,
And that always comes at a price,
Because many innocents will get killed

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian, John Okoro Escapes From Indian Prison / TOGETHERNESS SCAM: Name Of The Admin Exposed / 45-year-old Afonja Docked Over N46m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.