Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities (38743 Views)

Universities Awarding Degrees In Less Than 6 Months, PhD Below 1 Year - NUC / NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees, Diplomas Programmes In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2016
veekid:
Lautech go suffer o

You sef see am
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by sylvar02(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2016
ok
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by leoceejay(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2016
just observing cool
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Jeffizy96(m): 10:55am On Oct 19, 2016
Point of correction, jamb didn't give u 174,u scored 174

2 Likes

Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Icecomrade: 10:55am On Oct 19, 2016
Do whatever you want.

Hope polytechnics will run programmes like diploma in law.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by melejo(m): 10:56am On Oct 19, 2016
Unilag go wail
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by buffalowings: 10:56am On Oct 19, 2016
Haha so long

Useless degrees

Just an avenue to scam people
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by sylvar02(m): 10:56am On Oct 19, 2016
nelsonnelly:
Seriously are parents complaining about pre degrees? How does it affects them. The so called jamb they should focus on which is bringing so many youths down from pursuing their choice of career they are not looking into it. why the pre degree which student/youth are really hopeful of gaining admission is being scraped. we youths should stand up against it. we can't watch our leaders,old men,corrupt leaders kill our career. they have gotten theirs and want to eat alone that why they are behaving this way. Let's campaign this #StopTheScrapingOfSubDegree and #LookIntoJamb

I stand with this!!!!

#LookIntoJamb
#StopTheScrapingOfSubDegree

1 Like

Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by okechukwu101: 10:57am On Oct 19, 2016
Biddypearl:
Dats better
Why
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by buffalowings: 10:58am On Oct 19, 2016
melejo:
Unilag go wail

Unilag yaff turn to wailer.

Na God go thunder their management
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by arcbankole: 10:58am On Oct 19, 2016
sylvar02:

I stand with this!!!!
#LookIntoJamb
#StopTheScrapingOfSubDegree
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2016
godwinstringed1:
my bro...i'm a victim..jamb gave me 174 despite all my efforts......now i depend on PD. Stayin hom don tire me. Everybody pls epp me pray mak my hope fr dis pd no vanish. Amen.

Come and school in Ghana
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by adetes: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2016
Is good to put an end to those programme since d validity of jamb has been extend, beside d cost of those programme is high, and is every year they r increasing d money.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2016
What is really wrong with these fools coming up with their nonsense policies everyday? Last i checked, it was as a result of not having admission on degree programmes thay made the candidates opt for Diploma programmes. So why scrapping it? Are they trying to make education even more unaccessible to the youths?

1 Like

Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by coursehybridrep(m): 11:03am On Oct 19, 2016
na waoh.WTF is dis.den dose that did pd b4 and are waiting admission list what would you tell them now.Bleep nigerian universities.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by sakalisis(m): 11:04am On Oct 19, 2016
cool lipsrsealed
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by mrvitalis(m): 11:05am On Oct 19, 2016
godwinstringed1:
my bro...i'm a victim..jamb gave me 174 despite all my efforts......now i depend on PD. Stayin hom don tire me. Everybody pls epp me pray mak my hope fr dis pd no vanish. Amen.
U scored 174

1 Like

Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by THEcolorGREEN: 11:06am On Oct 19, 2016
godwinstringed1:

If your score was 274 you would say YOU GOT 274

But since your score is 174 your claim is JAMB GAVE YOU 174.

Pls man up nd accept setbacks not excuses, your last line summarises why I support cancellation.
You're going for PD mainly because u don't wanna stay @ home & do u know how many went for pd & couldn't get into d main program thru direct entry?

My 3 siblings benefited from unilag diploma to enter full time so I won't claim it doesn't favour some people, Still decisions have to be made to better the Nigerian educational system.

Wish u best of luck whichever decision u make going forward but it was a necessary evil.

Too bad they changed the rules during ur turn to benefit

1 Like

Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by mfm04622: 11:06am On Oct 19, 2016
nelsonnelly:
Seriously are parents complaining about pre degrees? How does it affects them. The so called jamb they should focus on which is bringing so many youths down from pursuing their choice of career they are not looking into it. why the pre degree which student/youth are really hopeful of gaining admission is being scraped. we youths should stand up against it. we can't watch our leaders,old men,corrupt leaders kill our career. they have gotten theirs and want to eat alone that why they are behaving this way. Let's campaign this #StopTheScrapingOfSubDegree and #LookIntoJamb

It is very simple. Universities have no business running Diploma programmes. If you want a Diploma, seek for admission in a Polytechnic. Very simple
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Icon4s(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2016
Hmm, those days of PDS OSU.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by fucklil: 11:08am On Oct 19, 2016
okechukwu101:

Why is it good? Is it because it doesn't affect you?
Only idiots and fools and those not affected are supporting this fg /nuc agenda
First na post utme
Now na predegree
Even UNIBEN dey confused rn grin
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Funjosh(m): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2016
NO NA, THAT IS WHERE UNIVERSITIES GOT MONEY FOR THE SCHOOL BEAUTIFICATION FROM. embarassed
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by fucklil: 11:10am On Oct 19, 2016
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by fucklil: 11:12am On Oct 19, 2016
THEcolorGREEN:

If your score was 274 you would say YOU GOT 274

But since your score is 174 your claim is JAMB GAVE YOU 174.

Pls man up nd accept setbacks not excuses, your last line summarises why I support cancellation.
You're going for PD mainly because u don't wanna stay @ home & do u know how many went for pd & couldn't get into d main program thru direct entry?

My 3 siblings benefited from unilag diploma to enter full time so I won't claim it doesn't favour some people, Still decisions have to be made to better the Nigerian educational system.

Wish u best of luck whichever decision u make going forward but it was a necessary evil.

Too bad they changed the rules during ur turn to benefit
Sir shut up !
You dont understand because it doesn't affect you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by enshi(m): 11:12am On Oct 19, 2016
This is a bid To crap Hnd BSc dichotomy.... Quote me

2 Likes

Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by THEcolorGREEN: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2016
fucklil:

Sir shut up if it doesn't affect you

How do u expect to make it in life if you don't have sense?

If ur thought process wasn't screwed you wouldn't be using this ur moniker, so I'm not suprised

Anyway Receive sense in jesus name. Amen.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Chuksab: 11:19am On Oct 19, 2016
Absolute! A welcome move if duly implemented and should be done in a manner to allow the current affected programs to round up and have it discontinued completely.

Overtime, the drive to make money has beclouded our citadel of learning, loads of emphasy on churning out not too thoroughly groomed graduates. Pre degree is principally to make money - if not, why admit so much, giving a very few admission, let JAMB be checked to sniff off undue malpractices, giving the dully prepared opportunity.

Private extra moral centres can prepare students for entry - good passage through JAMB. Those who want to go through Polytechnic route can do so and apply for direct entry if they so desire.

The Ranking Scheme is most welcomed, encouraging healthy competition.

Personally, I think it's a policy in the right direction. Enough of mediocrity in our institutions.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by Hysmady(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2016
godwinstringed1:
Exactly what my lil sis is being thru rite now...She also scored 174 in her first time utme exam....She opted for p.d in lasu and yet to get notified for resumption....Damn,this is profound
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by RZArecta(m): 11:28am On Oct 19, 2016
NUC forever taking Nigerian university education backwards.
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by obawinner(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2016
it is decision long overdue. Nigeria legal education system is 9-3-4(6-3-3-4) then after secondary school they have wassce certificate we call "0level". then o'level if they gain admission it becomes 100level-400 level. but pre degree is wrong it is expected from o'level to 100level not pre100level
Re: NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities by fucklil: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2016
THEcolorGREEN:

How do u expect to make it in life if you don't have sense?

If ur thought process wasn't screwed you wouldn't be using this ur moniker, so I'm not suprised

Anyway Receive sense in jesus name. Amen.
I hope/pray you experience what that guy experienced
You don't know what we jambites went through this year
I just pray u have a similar Case later in life where you would be failed
though you fully know you passed the exam cry
My moniker has nothing to do with my life bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities / UNILAG Students Asked To Kneel Down And Raise Up Hands. / Young School Girl Designs Prototype Of Waterside Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.