Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] (16822 Views)

CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms / CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note / CBN Plans To Introduce N5000, N2000 Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by rabzy: 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2010
While the Idea of the electric cars may not jell with most of us because of the apparent issues and challenges, it does not mean it can't work. People say he should concentrate on roads, health, water electricity etc, What do you guys think he has been doing for the past 4 yrs or so, what do you think endears him to the heart of Lagosians so much if he has not done quite well in this areas.

i stay in Lagos i have seen massive improvements, Lagos is like a big construction site, bridges have been constructed and some are still under construction, lastma is everywhere in lagos managing traffic, scores of roads have been constructed and repaired, for the new roads being constructed, they are of a far greater quality than those asphalt past governments just spit on the road before, these are roads with proper drainage and sidewalks.

many mini-power projects have been constructed and commisioned to power mini-water works all over the state, maternities and other child care facilities have been severally constructed. So for me the guy has not left important things undone.

As to powering these cars, there are a lot of guys here that have massive Generators in their houses that can power a whole street, hooking up these cars to their mains wont add to their cost, even the government ministries are mostly runned by Generators and these Gens could be able to take in extra loads.

In my house i run my Gen overnight sometimes just to power my Fans or an Ac, so if i switch off the AC and plug in this guy, i won't run an extra cost. There are a lot of places in Nigeria where you can get 10 hrs of electricity on the avg or maybe 3 to 5 times a week, so we can just hook up and the most interesting thing is that, Nepa don't read metres, they just bring a bill at the end of the month, so just hook up as many as u want and u get the same bill.

Its a workable solution for some people, but we all pray the fed govt wud just make the power thing work in this country.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by AloyEmeka8: 7:11pm On Dec 22, 2010
Kobojunkie jinxed this plan. lets wait for 2011 sha.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Dec 22, 2010
[size=14pt]Olorigbeske!!![/size]

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by AloyEmeka8: 7:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
Who rejoices when his fatherland is going through a setback?. Logistics were in place to launch th electric cars but with jinxers like Kobojunkie lurking around, how can we move forward?.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2010
I no blame you. Instead of you to attack the person who ATTACKED/INSULTED You for stating the obvious, na to blame me you fit do . . . . see the coward you are. I dare you to go back to page one and ask all those who said Fashola would definitely deliver on this to eat their words

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-341582.0.html

[size=15pt]ROFLMAO!!!
[/size]
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by OchiAgha2(m): 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2010
I think we need to follow the Brazilian model and use biofuels instead of electricity. We could grow sugar cane to provide fuel for our cars. It is not surprising that this plan did not come to fruition. Nigerian leaders need to think practically.
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by AloyEmeka8: 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2010
Of course I got my tongue in my cheek.  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Mariory(m): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2010
Reviving year old threads? Why?
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
[size=14pt]ROFLMAO!![/size]

2010 and we are still dancing TuWISTI

ROFLMAO!! state ministries are no longer under states . . they are now to be treated as independent entities . . @AloyEmeka, you be chicken!
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by AloyEmeka8: 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
Mariory:

Reviving year old threads? Why?

Ask Rabzy. wink wink wink
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by ezeagu(m): 11:05pm On Dec 22, 2010
It's 2011, unless the Lagos government will pull something out before 11:58 PM on December 31st?
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
I see no one is still bold enough to ask the questions that ought to be asked. tongue
Re: Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
So how did this turn out? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Forex: Naira Loses Against Dollar / Manufacturers Return To Black Market For Forex / Convert Recharge Card To Money. And Also Convert Money To Airtime Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.