Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,119 members, 7,860,036 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos (20362 Views)

Osinbajo Attends 86th Anniversary Of Igbobi College (Photos) / Throwback Photo Of Osinbajo With Tunde Fowler / FFK Mocks Osinbajo With A Photo Of Buhari Carrying VP (Photoshopped) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by alaskido(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
See their Cortina shoes. Reminds me of the days when I was in Command Secondary School.
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by alaskido(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
See their Cortina shoes. Reminds me of the days when I was in Command Secondary School. grin
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by Sheguama: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
ICY rocks. Go boys and achieve your greatness...

Dav, my boy!!!
I sight you.
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by kehindejollyken(m): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
VISIT TO THE CBN CURRENCY MUSEUM AT ABUJA ON THE 19TH OCTOBER, 2016.

Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by Sheguama: 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
Teechawa:
smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss

The school selected the best dressed and neat students.
A teacher in my secondary school days called me "Always neat".
I was just been myself then sha, So someone was observing!
Dress well at all times. I am dressing well to step out.
The way you dress is the way you will be addressed.

Dressing wasn't one of the criteria for this selection (They are always well dressed). These are the guys with the best all round academic performance in the last promotion exams, and those that came best in the National Debate competition in June.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
[quote author=989900D post=50325198]I can almost feel his joy. #nostalgia

We beat Igbobi boys all day day everyday in everything, back in them days though.

CMS Grammar School Bariga, Lagos. #numerouno

[/quote

Lies . Which set are you? All my days as a student of that school, ICY is the champion in everything. Academics,sport, debates and quiz, even for fight self. So wat are you talking about. Proudly 2005 set. Except if you belong to the old set or 06 and above which i dont have the record. Na only for one cowbell mathematics we came second. I guess that was 2004 or close to that.

Proudly ICOBA. UP IC
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
okito:
UP IC! Proud of our alma mater. Osinbajo, Fowler, Fashola representing the noble Nigerians!

Up Ic
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
Elebiju:
that's a lie..... Igbobi boys are known for rascality and no school on the mainland can boast of ever trashing them..... In the 90's sha.

Abeg help me tell am. Even up to 2005. No be for only rascality, also in academics . My school no dey carry last. If den carry Second sef na by mistake.
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by 989900D: 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
[quote author=Seelurd post=50333030][/quote]

I would not know buddy . . . I left in '91. I would know more about the 80s and early 90s.

BTW, bar or Including the fights cheesy, the sports and literary rivalries were actually the best memories of school. cool

St. Finbarrs was over the years averagely better than most then in Football. You guys were fast on the tracks, but liked cheating.

While other schools like Eko boys, St. Finbarrs, St. Greg., Kings College, Igbobi, 'Bapts Aca', and much later schools like Gbagada and National colleges did relatively well in a few, we did better across board than other schools (LoL . . . of course I am biased) wink.

We could go on and on, but we will never agree . . . you guys and Baptist academy -- we never liked you then. cheesy tongue
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by Kazrem(m): 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
Did he finish from Igbobi?
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by kinggogo: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
My alma mata smiley

Dis pipu no go eva change 4rm dis khaki uniform
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by kinggogo: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
My alma mata smiley

Dis pipu no go eva change 4rm dis khaki uniform

Shout out to all igbobians

We rock
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by okito: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
seguno2:

Are you sure fashola went there?
Is he not a product of birch freeman?

Copied from wikipedia for your education, you can thank me later:
Personal life[edit]
Babatunde Raji Fashola of Yoruba origin,[4] was born in Lagos on 28 June 1963. He attended Birch Freeman High school Lagos and Igbobi College Lagos. He studied Law at the University of Benin from where he graduated with a Bachelor of Laws, LL.B.(Hon), degree in 1987.
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by kinggogo: 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
We use to hand cms their ass in cricket

That our khaki uniform tho, not sure it'll eva b changed

It's our symbol
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by kinggogo: 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
Up I. C

Our khaki uni n cardigan no go everly change oo
Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by NL1960: 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
kinggogo:
Up I. C

Our khaki uni n cardigan no go everly change oo

You guys should revolt if anybody even contemplates changing it. You guys should make a treasonable felony self for anybody even nursing the idea. There are certain things that distinguish a school and also be traditional to it. St Gregs for instance still maintains her white shirt, white shorts/trousers, white belt and white tennis canvas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by 989900D: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
kinggogo:
We use to hand cms their ass in cricket

That our khaki uniform tho, not sure it'll eva b changed

It's our symbol

For where? Back then, only Kings College could try . . . LOL @ Igbobi. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by adeleke5157: 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
THE STUDENTS ARE ALL WEARING THE SAME FASHION OF SANDALS EXACTLY LIKE THAT OF "EMEKA,KUNLE AND WAKAMA OF THOSE DAYS" IN MACMILLAN ENGLISH TEXTBOOK.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
queenmonalisa01:
these are children born with silver spoon make he go snap with the less privileged. just passing by tho

Igbobi College is not an elitist school. It has produced a lot of great Nigerians including the VP but it is not an expensive school. Children come from many walks of life. People who send their children to Igbobi want them to have academic excellence plus hard work and discipline.

They don't wear khaki for nothing!

By the way I didn't attend IC. I attended Gregs but I recognise the historic quality of IC.

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos by carik(m): 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
989900D:
I can almost feel his joy. #nostalgia

We beat Igbobi boys all day day everyday in everything, back in them days though.

CMS Grammar School Bariga, Lagos. #numerouno

Up school!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, APC Lied In Disowning Campaign Document, “my Covenant With Nigerians / Fulani Herdsmen Sack Benue Community / Okorocha Sponsors A Blind Man's Surgery & He Regains His Sight (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.