Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,215 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Court Marriage Procedure - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Marriage Procedure (3767 Views)

No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? / All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Marriage Procedure by Zaramdgreat(f): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2016
Please i need to know the processes involved in court marriage and which court is best to use in Lagos...thanks y'all
Re: Court Marriage Procedure by chinanu123(f): 10:16am On Oct 19, 2016
Zaramdgreat:
Please i need to know the processes involved in court marriage and which court is best to use in Lagos...thanks y'all

Local govt court is good but go for federal in case you wana travel with your family. Just go there with you and your partner's two passport photographs each, they'll give you form to fill. Money is involved but not much tho it's cheaper at the local govnt level.
Re: Court Marriage Procedure by Zaramdgreat(f): 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
chinanu123:

Local govt court is good but go for federal in case you wana travel with your family. Just go there with you and your partner's two passport photographs each, they'll give you form to fill. Money is involved but not much tho it's cheaper at the local govnt level.
Sorry, are you saying if i do it in d local govt then i can't use it to travel wen eva i want?
Re: Court Marriage Procedure by chinanu123(f): 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
Zaramdgreat:

Sorry, are you saying if i do it in d local govt then i can't use it to travel wen eva i want?

Yea, if you wana travel with your spouse pls go to fed court at Ikoyi.

1 Like

Re: Court Marriage Procedure by yetseyi(f): 9:22am On Oct 20, 2016
chinanu123:

Yea, if you wana travel with your spouse pls go to fed court at Ikoyi.

This assertion that if you don't do your court wedding at ikoyi you won't be able to travel is wrong, very wrong. People have applied for visas and travelled with certificates gotten from local govt, people I know personally
Its the same certificate.

Zaramdgreat if you want to use Ikoyi its okay I just had to state the above
Re: Court Marriage Procedure by chinanu123(f): 10:25am On Oct 20, 2016
yetseyi:

This assertion that if you don't do your court wedding at ikoyi you won't be able to travel is wrong, very wrong. People have applied for visas and travelled with certificates gotten from local govt, people I know personally
Its the same certificate.

Zaramdgreat if you want to use Ikoyi its okay I just had to state the above

Pls I'm not forcing it on right, you can't compare federal with state. You can do it any where OK, I know what I went through because of this.
Re: Court Marriage Procedure by chinanu123(f): 10:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Zaramdgreat:

Pls my dear, if you're the traveling type (abroad) and you wana do this stuff, Pls and pls go to Ikoyi that's if you're in Lagos. Don't go to local govnt, though they are the same certificate but not on the same level. Pls do it once and for all go to federal, very important for those traveling abroad.

yetseyi, Pls don't disagree with me on this b'cos I am speaking from experience. I was sent back to Nigeria b'cos of the one I obtained at Isolo LGA, let me stop here.

1 Like

Re: Court Marriage Procedure by Zaramdgreat(f): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ok thank y'all i think i will use d ikoyi Registry...i hope it doesn't cost much too
Re: Court Marriage Procedure by yetseyi(f): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
chinanu123:

yetseyi, Pls don't disagree with me on this b'cos I am speaking from experience. I was sent back to Nigeria b'cos of the one I obtained at Isolo LGA, let me stop here.

Okay, do you mind expantiating further, what was the problem with the one from Isolo. Don't mind my questions its the first time I am seeing someone that was affected by this. Most people I know did theirs at LG(within Lagos and outside Lagos) and had no issues at all so I am always surprised with the No ikoyi cert no travelling statement that flies around.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, I Cant Stop Masturbation At The Age Of 34 And Am Not Married / Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. / I Need To Adopt A Baby Asap To Save My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.