Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo (14971 Views)

Oyegun, Patience And Goodluck Jonathan At Ekwueme's Burial (Photos) / Patience Jonathan At Senator Sekibo Daughter's Wedding (Photos) / Saraki, Politicians Queue To Shake Goodluck Jonathan At IBB's Daughter's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by DONSMITH123(m): 11:44am On Oct 19, 2016
The pan Igbo socio political group, Ohanaeze Ndigbo youth wing, has insisted that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, is trying to convict wife of the former President, Goodluck Jonathan, Patience Jonathan at all cost.

Recall that the anti-graft agency had recently confirmed that Mrs Jonathan is being investigated for money laundering, but no case has been instituted against her in any court yet.

The Commission took a step further in its ongoing investigations by freezing her personal account in Skye Bank Plc, titled ‘Patience Ibifaka Jonathan.’

In her defence, Mrs Jonathan claimed the money was meant for her medical treatment abroad, and asked EFCC to defreeze the account or face legal action.

But, Ohanaeze’s National President, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, in a statement criticised the commission for subjecting its suspects to media trial without thorough investigations.

According to Isiguzoro, “The EFCC is simply persecuting ex first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan. She has already been found guilty without trial in a court of competent jurisdiction. This is unhealthy for our democracy. EFCC is clearly running a campaign of calumny intended to convict Dame Patience Jonathan at all cost. The former first lady is yet to be tried in court, yet the EFCC has been treating her as a criminal. This strategy of trial in the media must stop.

“To fight corruption, the process must be thorough and not selective. EFCC is not a court and must submit to the laws of the land. The haste to rush to the media to vilify suspects is responsible for the low number of convictions recorded by the EFCC.

“If we may ask, where are the wives of former first ladies including past Nigerian leaders who were at various times accused of corruption? Why can’t they be investigated? We can only take EFCC serious as anti graft agency when it investigates the likes of ex-Presidents, Ibrahim Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Olusegun Obasanjo, including late ones.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/19/efcc-bent-convicting-patience-jonathan-cost-ohaneze-ndigbo/

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by yeyeboi(m): 11:45am On Oct 19, 2016
Why should she be convicted when they are thieves in the presidential cabal

A thief doesn't have the right to catch a thief atleast for once let the Buhari Administration Practice What They Preach angry

Simple

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by rusher14: 11:49am On Oct 19, 2016
It is official.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 19, 2016
The useless woman deserves every humiliation that comes her way. Her misguided talks and misuse of power coupled with her insatiable greed for state resources cost her husband the re-election. Unlike Aisha buhari opposing her husband and speaking on behalf of the masses, this bag of fat called mama Piss kept amassing needless wealth and building hotels as if she has any child to inherit all her illegally acquired vanity. Barren witch angry

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by DONSMITH123(m): 11:52am On Oct 19, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
She deserves every humiliation that comes her way. Her misguided talks and misuse of power coupled with her her insatiable greed for state resources cost her husband the reelection. Unlike Aisha buhari speaking on behalf of the masses, this bag of fat call mama Piss kept amassing needless wealth and building hotels as if she has any child to inherit all her illegally acquired vanity. Barren witch angry

bros, you dey vex o grin grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by SweetLove0(f): 11:53am On Oct 19, 2016
patience for Jail lipsrsealed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by stephnie1(f): 11:54am On Oct 19, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by Beremx(f): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2016
Ohanaeze ndi Igbo will always cry more than the bereaved. I will start taking them seriously when matters concerning Igbos is their priority.

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by SweetLove0(f): 11:56am On Oct 19, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
She deserves every humiliation that comes her way. Her misguided talks and misuse of power coupled with her her insatiable greed for state resources cost her husband the reelection. Unlike Aisha buhari speaking on behalf of the masses, this bag of fat call mama Piss kept amassing needless wealth and building hotels as if she has any child to inherit all her illegally acquired vanity. Barren witch angry

somebody should please tell me how she made the money. Last time i checked, she serve as perm sec and First lady. Or are they paying salary for office of the first lady?

24 Likes

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by maryjan8(f): 11:57am On Oct 19, 2016
Ok
Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by Icecomrade: 11:58am On Oct 19, 2016
Lolz
Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by queenmonalisa01: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2016
Okay
Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by jeeqaa7(m): 11:59am On Oct 19, 2016
and so? ... biko i dont care whose ox is gored ... orkwa oozulu ego? nya gbor ego o li...orh gwu!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
jeeqaa7:
and so? ... biko i dont care whose ox is gored ... orkwa oozulu ego? nya gbor ego o li...orh gwu!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
SweetLove0:

somebody should please tell me how she made the money. Last time i checked, she serve as perm sec and First lady. Or are they paying salary for office of the first lady?

In omawumi's voice, if u ask me na who i go ask?
Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by Philinho(m): 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
EFCC ,DSS need more training .their incompetence is too transparent.......

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by Dreal11247: 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
Where are all the loots?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by Jimiolay(f): 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
oh well. if she chop our yams, catch her

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by martineinstein(m): 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
Its official:some Groups of people are retarded

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by SweetLove0(f): 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

In omawumi's voice, if u ask me na who i go ask?

chai!!!
Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
“If we may ask, where are the wives of former first ladies including past Nigerian leaders who were at various times accused of corruption?

Who told GEJ not to probe the former first ladies? Is it our business that you never told your fallen Hero to probe them?

I am not surprised at all at this question, these people are from the region that brazenly support corruption in all totality, we know immediately money exchange hands, their conscience become silenced. Saraki can attest to that.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by RentALodge: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
If we want to be truthful to ourselves, Patience Jonathan is not totally innocent. The EFCC and the court need only to ask Patience Jonathan some simple questions: If the money was legitimately hers, why did they open four separate accounts with the names of domestic servants and drivers? What is she afraid of? Why has she been withdrawing money abroad with cards clearly bearing the names of other human beings? It is just too ridiculous for Patience to claim the EFCC hired mercenaries who pleaded guilty in court. Her argument is flawed and very soon some of her supporters and defenders of thief will be crying for her.

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by Dreal11247: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
In your own opinion, should the loots be returned or should she be allowed to go with it? What's your opinion?

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by THEcolorGREEN: 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
Seriously i'm confused @ these supporters

You're free to support or even protest but why the fvck will ur mode of defence be WHERE ARE THE OTHER FIRST LADIES?

Is that even a defence @all?

So if your landlord serves u quit notice for owing rent and you drag him to court...you will say to the court, why am I the only one being evicted when other tenants are also owing rent?

I'm confused.

Stupidty!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by Pavore9: 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
This is what is most pressing for Ohanaeze Ndigbo youth wing while most of their mothers are in their villages scraping their livelihood through backbreaking activities! angry

24 Likes

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by HydrogenPanther: 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
Beremx:
Ohanaeze ndi Igbo will always cry more than the bereaved. I will start taking them seriously when matters concerning Igbos is their priority.

You are wrong on this one, there has been protests in the Niger Delta about this already.
Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by DeltaOil: 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
Good Bless Ohaneze Ndigbo, this proves to Nigeria that the Igbo stand with us and we stand with them.

Who wan fear make ein begin fear grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Bent On Convicting Patience Jonathan At All Cost – Ohaneze Ndigbo by yusufobinna1(m): 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
even ojukwu will be mad at ohaneze for saying this trash,when she was looting the treasury where you given a dime,the only thing I can phantom here is that the hatred for buhari is the reason most easterners support corruption, its not as if they wish to.no matter whose ox to s gored, let's call a spade a spade

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid / Fg Collects N8 Per Litre On Imported Pms – Pppra / Where's The $7billion Placed In 14 Banks By Soludo? Henry Boyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.