Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid (14951 Views)

Wike: I Am Bringing Down APC Structures / Donald Duke: It’s Unfortunate Ayade Joined APC After Bringing Me Back To PDP / “Buhari Can't Fix This Country” - Bandits Say In New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
A Second Republic lawmaker, Dr Junaid Mohammed, has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari’s tribute to the late President Shehu Shagari, who passed away on Friday at the age of 93.

Buhari, in a statement by his Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity), Femi Adesina, had described Shagari’s death as the departure of a  patriot,  whose life of service and humility was widely acknowledged.

But Mohammed in an interview with our correspondent stated that Shagari had gained respect by retiring and living a quiet lifestyle, unlike some in the current political class.

The elder statesman said, “Quite a number of the people who would claim to be his friends were actually his enemies and they contributed tremendously to bringing down that government and in making it impossible for us to have a meaningful democratic dispensation years after his departure from office.”

When asked his thoughts on Buhari’s tribute, he said, “It’s not sincere. If you’ve contributed so much in bringing down a government and bringing down a man who had nothing to gain, even though he had poor eyesight and was in poor health – he was in his late 60s then – you cannot say, from 1984 till now, you got along well. How did you get along well?

“No matter what you say about the Shagari administration, he knew how to retire from public service quietly, with a tremendous amount of nobility and self-respect. You have to give him that.

“In terms of retirement and living a quiet life and garnering more respect, Shagari is certainly one of Nigeria’s most outstanding leaders and I certainly believe the nation will continue to mourn him appropriately.”

According to Mohammed, he was devastated by the news of Shagari’s demise.

He added that Shagari believed in the goodness of human nature, even when human nature was not always good.

“The first Shagari administration of 1979 wasn’t particularly spectacular. There are quite a number of people there who really disappointed us, both National Party of Nigeria and Shagari, the president. He endured a lot but he didn’t want to rock the boat, so he waited until after the election in 1983 when some the characters were simply asked to leave or reappointed.

“But even then there were others who were reappointed and I have a feeling that was because of pressure from within the party by some people who were seen to be above the law. Some of us would have been happy to see many of those who did not serve the country well outright sacked even before the end of the four-year term.

“Shagari had a very modest lifestyle. If you got to know him personally, he was very cool and had a tremendous sense of humour. He got on very well with quite a number of people. He was a very wonderful man. I really enjoyed discussing with him even though we had our political differences.”

source
https://punchng.com/buhari-cant-mourn-shagari-after-bringing-down-his-govt-junaid/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Asshurbanipal: 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Buhari is too wicked

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Racoon(m): 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
Buhari is bigot, unforgivable and vindictive person.He toppled Shagari govt.Retired his son-Capt.Bala Shagari from the army for no reasonable reason and expelled his other son from the Airforce Military School Jos.

140 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
Nobody is speaking good of Buhari , he must be a very terrible person .

144 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Abortions: 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
Asshurbanipal:
Buhari is too wicked
Iffah Post Like For Atiku And Share for Buhari now the Wicked Buhari would still Win. Las las the Wicked Buhari would still Win 2019 election. I cannot coman kill myself my own is that they should stop fighting corruption and focus on change. U can't be fighting corruption for 4 wasted years, na world war

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by haladadon: 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
grin grin
Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by orion7: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
Abortions:
Iffah Post Like For Atiku And Share for Buhari now the Wicked Buhari would still Win. Las las the Wicked Buhari would still Win 2019 election. I cannot coman kill myself my own is that they should stop fighting corruption and focus on change. U can't be fighting corruption for 4 wasted years, na world war
na today ? if your father get prick bold do the like and share tin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Naijaguy12345(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
Shagari ran a corrupt govt then with that his long hat.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Abortions: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
orion7:
na today ? if your father get prick bold do the and like tin na
Ah ah! Speak pidgin naw

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by SarkinYarki: 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
the painful part is that Buhari overthrew him for nothing

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by SarkinYarki: 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
Nobody is speaking good of Buhari , he must be a very terrible person .

if you don't know Buhari is Satan in the flesh by now then I am surprised

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by ainas247: 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
Nigerians politicians have ready made answer for any questions

Put your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see results

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Omeokachie: 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
Na hypocrite nau.

He is doing many ridiculous things out of desperation for power.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
Buhari ti daran gan o
Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by tatibillion: 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
Why
Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by ChaleeBendel: 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
Knock-out punch from Junaid

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by BanevsJoker(m): 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
Waiting to hear the official BMC/Zombie opinion on this.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
Abortions:

Hahahaha
Shebi you guys said he's Jubril from Sudan?

Don't concede defeat yet, keep on Atikulating your Obituary.

By next month, Buhari is raising his right fist in the North. That's when you would cry blood.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
SarkinYarki:

if you don't know Buhari is Satan in the flesh by now then I am surprised

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by israelmao(m): 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
History is hitting Buhari on all sides and nowhere to run to.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by mytime24(f): 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
Happy new year !!!

Me, i don already enter 2019 tongue tongue

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by helinues: 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
Me and politics...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by ChaleeBendel: 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
Naijaguy12345:
Shagari ran a corrupt govt then with that his long hat.

Buhari overthrew him and plunged the economy in recession.
And Abacha ran an even worse govt but he's friends with Buhari so he's ok.

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Onyemadonald(m): 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
I done tire for Lagos.
Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Dee60: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
Bad belle everywhere.

The fella is living in the past.

Many of these guys would not tell us us the real reason they are beefing!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by bart10: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
Bubu is the evil one shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by ObservantFellow: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
Just ironic angry
Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by arabbunkum: 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
Wait for the Afonjas to come and tell you that they love Buhari more than Junaid his Fulani brother love him.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by Ubdavis(m): 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
It is not Buhari that brought down Shagari's government, its the military.
Re: Buhari Can't Mourn Shagari After Bringing Down His Government - Junaid by letsfarmnigeria: 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
hmmmm

now everyone can now learn agriculture from the comfort of their home see videos and pics from farm ask questions and get answers all you need to do is log on to letsfarmnigeria..com for free

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governors, Ministers Battle For Buhari Cabinet Slots / Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! / Nigeria Warns Foreign Diplomats Against Approaching Buhari And Osinbajo Directly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.