Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Discrimination Against Edo State - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Discrimination Against Edo State (1208 Views)

Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria / Transgender 6years OLD Wins Discrimination Case / Class Discrimination: When Will It End? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discrimination Against Edo State by veek2(m): 11:19pm On Oct 22, 2009
My girlfriend (Her Dad - Igala, Her Mum - Igbo) and I have been dating for 3 years and when she informed her family of our plans to get married, they strongly opposed her. They only gave one reason - He is from Edo state. She seems to be succumbing to her family pressure and I need to do something fast before I lose her. I've met and pleaded with her mum but she remains adamant (Her Dad is late). I need some valuable advice urgently. Pls assist.
Re: Discrimination Against Edo State by Outstrip(f): 12:30am On Oct 23, 2009
What part of Edo state are you from? You know edo men have a certain reputation in Nigeria when it comes to how they treat their wives.
Re: Discrimination Against Edo State by veek2(m): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2009
Akoko-Edo LGA
Re: Discrimination Against Edo State by Outstrip(f): 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2009
Igarra. I guess you have to show her that you are different and that an igbo man will not guarantee that her daughter will have a happy marriage.
Re: Discrimination Against Edo State by Fhemmmy: 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2009
Tribal problems will never end in Nigeria, cos even our generation seems to be fueling it with actions and deeds
Re: Discrimination Against Edo State by joycexz(f): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2009
What part od Akoko Edo are you from? I'm Akoko Edo too and they are people friendly so i advise that you try and sit your proposed mother inlaw down and explain to her that we are not what she thinks,
Re: Discrimination Against Edo State by veek2(m): 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2009
Its a very confusing situation.
I've done that but she wouldnt listen.
She says all Edos are the same and she doesnt like their culture.

I feel so terrible
Re: Discrimination Against Edo State by ima1(f): 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2009
What reputation do Edo men have, cuz i married one and my parents keep saying you know how edo men are, can someone explain it to me
Re: Discrimination Against Edo State by Fhemmmy: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2009
ima1:

What reputation do Edo men have, cuz i married one and my parents keep saying you know how edo men are, can someone explain it to me

dont start listening to what you dont even need.
As long as you are happy in your marriage, enjoy it.
Re: Discrimination Against Edo State by Shinatu: 8:48am On Oct 27, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Good point!

(1) (Reply)

Can Mothers Have It All? / Man Wanted For The Death Of A Nigerian Phd Student In USA / A Nairalander and spouse invite Nairalanders to their traditional marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.