Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,101 members, 7,828,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK (9624 Views)

Niger Republic President Campaigns With Buhari's Photo / Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat / South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 5:13am On Oct 23, 2009
Nigerian man becomes Niger republic's diplomat

[img]http://4.bp..com/_CuGHrzon8Z4/SoKknXrCXoI/AAAAAAAAAro/Ott449-xVUs/s320/Chuma2.jpg[/img]
Dr. Chuma Igbokwe

[b]Dr. Chuma Igbokwe is the Consul of the Republic of Niger to the United Kingdo[/b]m. Chuma is a seasoned entrepreneur and medical practitioner. He obtained his medical qualification at the College of Medicine, University of Ife in 1989, where he was awarded the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBCHB) degree.

Dr. Chuma Igbokwe serves on the board of a number of companies both charitable and non-charitable, where he lends his wealth of experience. He is a founding member and Executive Director of Mild Group of Companies UK, Clinical Director of St. Luke’s Hospital Group UK, President of Sartorius Medical Solutions Houston, Texas USA, Chairman, Mild Energy and Mineral UK operations, Executive Director of Golden Dragons Limited and Patron “For Our Tomorrow”, a charity based organization.
His Excellency has, over the years, been member of the following professional bodies :- Royal College Of Psychiatrists UK, British Medical Association, Medical Protection Society UK, Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, Institute of Directors and the Chartered Management Institute UK.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 6:18am On Oct 23, 2009
When we share everything by tribe and ethnic group in Nigeria. Can a foreigner become Nigeria's ambassador to the UK or US?

http://www.niger-embassyuk.org/Embassy.html
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2009
Two other Nigerians, Mr Michael Raji and Dr Obi Mbamali also work for their consulate. Can you beat that?. Brain drain to Niger republic for that matter.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by bibiking1(m): 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2009
In no time this Ibo man would give create and establish a clan in the heart of Niger Republic spreading the enterprising tribe's tentacle farther into the arab land, and if we are lucky, in twelve years Becomrich would bring satellite images to prove that the Ibo race started from Niger Republic.
Okay, jokes apart! Why is this?
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by deor03(m): 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2009
As a nigerian, thid guy would not have been lucky enough to become his state governor, simply because he does not come from a clan.

Ambassador?, no way.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2009
The question is:

Can we give a foreigner such opportunity in Nigeria? . I mean, this guy is not Niger's ambassador to Ecuador or Nicaragua but UK.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Fhemmmy: 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2009
I am sure the man must have been naturalized and that gives him equal right to the citizen of the land, except if their law is against it
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I am sure the man must have been naturalized and that gives him equal right to the citizen of the land, except if their law is against it

Can your country do the same for a naturalized Nigerian?
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Fhemmmy: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Can your country do the same for a naturalized Nigerian?
Hahahahaha.
I am sure it has happened in Nigeria directly or indirectly.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by presido1: 7:56pm On Oct 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

From the little we know about him, they did not state that he has stayed in Niger republic before. Na real waa ooh Brian drain to Niger, very soon you will see our Prof's in Chad Universities.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by MrCrackles(m): 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2009
This is nice. . . . .
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2009
presido1:

From the little we know about him, they did not state that he has stayed in Niger republic before. Na real waa ooh Brian drain to Niger, very soon you will see our Prof's in Chad Universities.

they never told us otherwise either.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 3:44am On Oct 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Hahahahaha.
I am sure it has happened in Nigeria directly or indirectly.

For where?. Only Abacha used Chagoury and Chagoury to siphon money out of Nigeria, besides that, name one naturalized Nigerian who is a minister, lawmaker or diplomat. Everything about us begins and ends with igbo, hausa and Yoruba.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 6:17am On Oct 24, 2009
presido1:

From the little we know about him, they did not state that he has stayed in Niger republic before.  Na real waa ooh Brian drain to Niger, very soon you will see our Prof's in Chad Universities.

Does it matter how long he has lived there?
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by SeanT21(f): 6:37am On Oct 24, 2009
Nigerians are doing big things oo. NICE!!
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 8:12am On Oct 24, 2009
Except we can't do it at home.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by back2back(f): 10:17am On Oct 24, 2009
Niger is a poor country.

It makes sense for them to use already established individual in UK who they dont have to pay to do their consular work there.

Dont forget Akinola Aguda was Chief Justice of Botswana for many years talkess of an ambassador!
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2009
back2back:

Niger is a poor country.

It makes sense for them to use already established individual in UK who they dont have to pay to do their consular work there.

Dont forget Akinola Aguda was Chief Justice of Botswana for many years talkess of an ambassador!

Who told you he is working for free?. You must be kidding me. Niger is not that poor and Nigerians needs to stop deriding others because they think they are better.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Nchara: 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2009
back2back:

Niger is a poor country.

Was Akinola the CJ of Botswana for free? I mean did he do it without pay?
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by hymen(f): 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2009
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK

The semi-literate who posted this should find out what a 'HONOURARY CONSUL' does , before making such sensational assumptions  angry
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2009
I dont see how things like this buy goodwill for Nigerians.

It may actually generate more hostility towards them in the long run.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2009
hymen:

The semi-literate who posted this should find out what a 'HONOURARY CONSUL' does , before making such sensational assumptions  angry

You are the foolish one. What is honorary consul?. That man is Niger'a ambassador to UK.

Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Dede1(m): 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2009
back2back:

Niger is a poor country.

Before Akinola Aguda got his law degree, Justice Udo Udoma had retired as the Chief Justice of Uganda
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by hymen(f): 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

You are the foolish one. What is honorary consul?. That man is Niger'a ambassador to UK.

I didn't say you were foolish,but semi-literate. . . which you have just re-confirmed with the link you provided :

The AMBASSADOR (Sem Adamou Seydou) in Paris covers London & the Mr igbokwe is the CONSUL . . . .duh !  tongue

Again as advised earlier. . . googled/read-up 'HONOURARY CONSUL' .

Consul of the Republic of Niger to the United Kingdom
Bradley House,
Locks Hill
Tel: (+44)(0) 1702 533 172
Faxsad+44)(0) 1702 533 162
E-mail: consul@niger-embassyuk.org

Niger Embassy in Paris H.E Sem Adamou Seydou (Ambassador)

The Consular Office of Niger in the UK is open Monday to Friday from 9AM to 5 PM.
The Visa Section is open from 9:30 to 12:30 Monday toFriday.

Consul: H.E Dr. Chuma Igbokwe

Special Advisor, Finance: Dr Jacquie Jweedie

Special Advisor,Trade and Economy: Dr Obi Mbamali

Head of Protocols :Mr Michael Raji
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by SEFAGO(m): 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2009
^she is correct lol- u shuld do more reserachb4 u post something so sensational
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by gadogado(m): 12:03am On Oct 25, 2009
kai, see africa and africans finally progressing and getting out of petty tribal conflicts, im happy for niger republic!!If i were president of nigeria, i'd pick the best brains irrespective of tribe, ethnicity, national origin, religion. They'd help push us forward, i love forward-looking progressive mindsets not ignorant backward mentalities you typically find in our sorry nigeria. this is definitely a good development!!
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 25, 2009
the guy is the UK ambassador or consul to Niger, not the other way round.

UK to Niger, not Niger to UK.

I dont see what there is to rejoice over had he been representing Niger. That's not a tribal triumph but more of a slap to Nigeriens.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by gadogado(m): 12:16am On Oct 25, 2009
tpia the cynical bastard, look for yourself

Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 25, 2009
gadogado:

tpia the cynical bastard, look for yourself

you really dont want to get me started on you, you SOB.

better learn to post without getting all emotional like a premature puppy.

It may astonish you to know Niger is French speaking, fool.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by mekuslogan: 12:34am On Oct 25, 2009
[/quote][quote author=tpia. link=topic=341745.msg4794826#msg4794826 date=1256426025]
the guy is the UK ambassador or consul to Niger, not the other way round.

UK to Niger, not Niger to UK.

I dont see what there is to rejoice over had he been representing Niger. That's not a tribal triumph but more of a slap to Nigeriens.

You got it wrong. He is Consular of Niger to UK. Go read again; its not math
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 25, 2009
mekuslogan:

You got it wrong. He is Consular of Niger to UK. Go read again; its not math

go and check your facts once more.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 25, 2009
see how criminal cabals operate with impunity on NL.

Its Nigerian culture i guess.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria As A Name And The Amalgamation / Boko-Haram Cannot Islamize Nigeria - Borno Governor / Ebira Youth Congress (EYC) Protest Erratic Power Supply (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.