Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK (9627 Views)

Niger Republic President Campaigns With Buhari's Photo / Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat / South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Epiphany(m): 2:12am On Oct 25, 2009
This has happened before! Another Nigerian - The famous but elusive Deinde Fernandez - has been an ambassador for other countries other than Nigeria. I think he was Central African Republic's ambassador to the UN at one time.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Fhemmmy: 3:20am On Oct 25, 2009
Epiphany:

This has happened before! Another Nigerian - The famous but elusive Deinde Fernandez - has been an ambassador for other countries other than Nigeria. I think he was Central African Republic's ambassador to the UN at one time.

Good news, and more good stuff for us to celebrate for a change
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by SEFAGO(m): 4:34am On Oct 25, 2009
the guy is the UK ambassador or consul to Niger, not the other way round

I am definitely sure you are wrong. The UK does not have a consulate in Niger- all of the members of the UK consul to Niger are in Ghana.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 25, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Good news, and more good stuff for us to celebrate for a change

instead of celebrating unecessary Nigerian domination of other countries, why not find something else which will generate some goodwill for yourself when these other countries see you.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Arnold1(m): 4:46am On Oct 25, 2009
The only reason aloy-emeka is posting this is because he is an igbo man.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Nobody: 4:48am On Oct 25, 2009
more like he's ignorant of Nigerien views of southern Nigerians
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Fhemmmy: 5:07am On Oct 25, 2009
tpia.:

instead of celebrating unecessary Nigerian domination of other countries, why not find something else which will generate some goodwill for yourself when these other countries see you.

I am not saying go to church and do a thanxgiving, but it is at least nice to see that Nigerian is associated to something nice and not just scams and all the bad news.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 6:24am On Oct 25, 2009
Arnold1:

The only reason aloy-emeka is posting this is because he is an igbo man. 

Tribalism no dey rain again here. Did you notice how people ignored your comment? undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2009
Epiphany:

Permanent CAR's ambassador to the UN. Why did you use 'elusive' to qualify him?
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 6:46am On Oct 25, 2009
hymen:

I didn't say you were foolish,but semi-literate. . . which you have just re-confirmed with the link you provided :

The AMBASSADOR (Sem Adamou Seydou) in Paris covers London & the Mr igbokwe is the CONSUL . . . .duh !  tongue

Again as advised earlier. . . googled/read-up 'HONOURARY CONSUL' .

I didn't say you are semi-literate but foolish. I don't know why 3 naira whores like you who troll the internet love to smear on people's achievement. Many countries have different ways of delegating their attache depending their system of government. UK being a G8 territory should be Niger's melting point in Europe and that is why their attache there should be important. Instead of you to tell me that Niger runs theirs differently from Nigeria, you proceeded to call me semi illiterate[which is meaningless anyway]. Your potty mouth which has no control was transfered to a man you neither know by calling him honorary consul. Why not become Nigeria's HONORARY consul to common Chad since its an easy pie?. Not even your father, boyfriend, husband, yourself will achieve half of that. Foolish tramp; We Nigerians have this arrogant way of belittling people and their achievements which is why many foreigners find us very irritating. This is a man who is responsible for every Niger citizen in UK no matter their number and every other issue concerning Niger as regards to people from other nations and you stand here to to call him honorary consul.

Now tell me the difference between a consul and an honorary consul?
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by blacksta(m): 7:15am On Oct 25, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I didn't say you are semi-literate but foolish. I don't know why 3 naira whores like you who troll the internet love to smear on people's achievement. Many countries have different ways of delegating their attache depending their system of government. UK being a G8 territory should be Niger's melting point in Europe and that is why their attache there should be important. Instead of you to tell me that Niger runs theirs differently from Nigeria, you proceeded to call me semi illiterate[which is meaningless anyway]. Your potty mouth which has no control was transfered to a man you neither know by calling him honorary consul. Why not become Nigeria's HONORARY consul to common Chad since its an easy pie?. Not even your father, boyfriend, husband, yourself will achieve half of that. Foolish tramp; We Nigerians have this arrogant way of belittling people and their achievements which is why many foreigners find us very irritating. This is a man who is responsible for every Niger citizen in UK no matter their number and every other issue concerning Niger as regards to people from other nations and you stand here to to call him honorary consul.

dont mind them na jealousy they worry am.

For once a Nigerian is not associated with 419 scams. who gives a rat ass whether Honorary or no honorary the fact he was selected on merit is a cause for celebration which doubt would have happened in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by AloyEmeka6: 7:28am On Oct 25, 2009
blacksta:

dont mind them na jealousy they worry am.

For once a Nigerian is  not associated with 419 scams. who gives a rat ass whether Honorary or no honorary the fact he was selected on merit is a cause for celebration  which doubt would have happened in Nigeria 

And for the fact that he is a foreigner which led to my initial question. She chose to disregard the question because she wants to be focused on honorary as if he is just like a Nigerian thief/chief who bought an honorary title with his money.

Her behavior should tell you while foreigners despise our attitude and if this man is reading this now, how will he extend a hand to any Nigerian in UK who may need his help someday?.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Epiphany(m): 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I have been hearing about this guy since i was a little boy, in the 80's. I have been reading newspapers and watching tv but have never seen a picture of him, he is hardly in the news and he generally keeps a low profile - although he was said to be the richest man in Nigeria and/or Africa at one point. It is not known where he lives, if he has kids, is married etc etc. He is like an enigma
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by sjeezy8: 11:00pm On Oct 26, 2009
i support the guy good job

But this isn't the first good step for Nigerians in the UK, Nigerians just pay attention more to the negative aspect of Nigerians abroad.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Recognise: 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2009
Epiphany:

Aloy~Emeka:

Epiphany:

I have been hearing about this guy since i was a little boy, in the 80's.

I have been reading newspapers and watching tv but have never seen a picture of him, he is hardly in the news and he generally keeps a low profile - although he was said to be the richest man in Nigeria and/or Africa at one point.

It is not known where he lives, if he has kids, is married etc etc. He is like an enigma

@^

Point of correction, I do recall Ovation magazine did a feature on him showcasing his mansion etc a couple of years back

Antonio Deinde Fernandez captured
in a formal portrait.

http://news.scotsman.com/topstories/EXCLUSIVE-Yoruba-tribal-leader-to.2284136.jp
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by asha80(m): 11:28pm On Oct 26, 2009
I love that guy ^^^
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by SEFAGO(m): 12:18am On Oct 27, 2009
I have always been interested in how deinde fernandez made his wealth- up till now, i dont have an idea, but i keep hearing about him- I saw a full profile of him but just like Mike adenuga and co, the story of his rise to riches is very hazy.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Fhemmmy: 12:33am On Oct 27, 2009
@tpia. . .if you think this is not a good news, so why shd we complain when a Nigerian is mentioned as doing bad in other countries then.
Would be nice to see Nigerians doing great things in Nigeria, however, the opportunities are not really there and when the opportunity crawls up, either at home or abroad, we shd be the best we cld be.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by hymen(f): 12:10am On Oct 29, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Tribalism no dey rain again here. Did you notice how people ignored your comment? undecided
Rain or reign. . . .duh !

Aloy~Emeka:

I would have sworn you were referring to your mother back there(3 bucks LovePeddler) ,every other thing you typed is pure gibberish tongue
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by RichyBlacK(m): 12:48am On Oct 29, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I didn't say you are semi-literate but foolish. I don't know why  3 naira whores like you who troll the internet love to smear on people's achievement. Many countries have different ways of  delegating their attache depending their system of government. UK being a G8 territory should be Niger's melting point in Europe and that is why their attache there should be important.  Instead of you to tell me that Niger runs theirs differently from Nigeria, you proceeded to call me semi illiterate[which is meaningless anyway].  Your potty mouth which has no control was transfered to a man you neither know by calling him honorary consul.  Why not become Nigeria's HONORARY consul to common Chad since its an easy pie?. Not even your father, boyfriend, husband, yourself will achieve half of that. Foolish tramp; We Nigerians have this arrogant way of belittling people and their achievements which is why many foreigners find us very irritating. This is a man who is responsible for every Niger citizen in UK no matter their number and every other issue concerning Niger as regards to people from other nations and you stand here to to call him honorary consul.

You can't argue with that! Kudos! A Nigerian getting some recognition outside Nigeria.

When will Obama appoint me the US ambassador to Nigeria? No corrupt government official will be given visa to the US. I'll make sure I frustrate those assholes! Wetin dem wan do me? Hissssss! I will be smiling and attending all the parties those crooks invite me to but will just be referring all their visa application to the FBI - na six weeks routine check be dat o! Obama, I dey hope o. We still get till 2016! grin
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by OAM4J: 1:10am On Oct 29, 2009
Recognise:

@^

Point of correction, I do recall Ovation magazine did a feature on him showcasing his mansion etc a couple of years back

Antonio Deinde Fernandez captured
in a formal portrait.

http://news.scotsman.com/topstories/EXCLUSIVE-Yoruba-tribal-leader-to.2284136.jp

The billionaire African diplomat Antonio Deinde Fernandez
“The Central African Republic’s ambassador to the United Nations travels across the world in one of six private jets and enjoys being chauffeured around in a pink Rolls-Royce. When dining out, he takes over the entire restaurants to avoid encountering riffraff.”

I wonder why this man's name is not such an household name in Nigeria. A country where being wealthy is highly celebrated.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by ZnO: 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2011
Not surprised, he being an Igbo man.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by iragbijile: 8:34pm On Jul 09, 2011
^^^^

You mean Deinde is Ibo?
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by EzeUche(m): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2011
iragbijile:

^^^^

You mean Deinde is Ibo?

He is talking about the Niger Republic diplomat.

Not that eccentric Yoruba.

Learn to read
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by mithel(m): 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2011
@Zno,must you put tribalism in all your statements?nawa o.

@topic,can you imagine,we go into their country,and do something positive,but they come into our country together with their chadian brothers to do mercenary for Boko Haram. cry
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by Jenifa1: 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2011
congrats to him.

but I will have to say that the Niger Govt is either silly or out of it's mind!
this guy will be serving UK interest not Niger interest!! cheesy
Anyone can know this just by reading his credentials. It's all UK based.

he might as well be UK ambassador to Niger grin
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by aloyemeka1: 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2011
Jenifa_:

congrats to him.

but I will have to say that the Niger Govt is either silly or out of it's mind!
this guy will be serving UK interest not Niger interest!! cheesy
Anyone can know this just by reading his credentials. It's all UK based.
[b]
he might as well be UK ambassador to Nige[/b]r  grin

Gbam. His allegiance will be to UK or even Nigeria and not Niger.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by KnowAll(m): 7:49am On Jul 10, 2011
[b]Anybody can be an Ambassador for free like this Gentleman. Poor countries more often than not use people domiciled in some territories as a flag of convinienece for their country. This Job I can bet my last dollar is a non payment job or pay as you work for us on a 'case by case basis'. That is each time the intermediary or Consul (to give it the flattery title of the OP), does any transaction on behalf of Niger Republic, the 'State' of Niger would pay the individual the expenses paid during the transactional process. To prove what I am saying is no bullsh*t this Gentleman would never get a postings outside the UK that is because he is domiciled in the UK and only acting for the Niger Republic on a case by case basis which I must say may BE far between.

For instance Nigerians Living in far flung places in the world can equally write to the following countries below are become their ambassadors. The likelihood of you having a case involving Citizens of that Country in those remote places( mind you the word 'remote' here connotes a rarity, scarcity or better still an in-consequential relationship between the smaller country and sometimes a " Super Power" like the USA, UK or France). is nil or next to nil.
[/b]
Nigerians how about being the Ambassador of the following countries:

1. Sierra-Leone's Ambassador to Belize

2. Gambia's Ambassador to Belarus

3. Equatorial Gunines's Ambassodor to Andorra

4. Dokpesi could have being Nigerian's Ambassador to Poland because when Nigeria wanted to buy a ship in 1979 for(NNSL-Nigerian National Shipping Line) Dopkpesi a student in Polalnd at the time sat as the intermediary between the Nigerian delegation and Polish delegation. Dopkpesi sat with the Polish Delegation and was cut- in in the deal by both sides after the deal came to fruition, that is how he made his first $1 million dollars.

5. Ghana's Ambassador to Yemen

6. Cote de voire's Ambassador to Australia

7. Guinea Bissau's Ambassador to the USA

8. Mauritania's Ambassador to Kazakhstan

9. Niger's Ambassador to the UK

10. Swaziland's Ambassador to New Zewland.
Re: Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK by omanzo02: 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2011
We don't need a naturalized foreigner to represent us, we have the best hand within us, just that our leaders politicalised everything, putting round peg in a square hole. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB / Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria / Boko-Haram Cannot Islamize Nigeria - Borno Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.