Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife (46465 Views)

Charly Boy Blasts Nigerian Youths Over Buhari & Atiku 2019 Race (Video) / Man Collapses Ahead Of Planned Protest Over Buhari’s Resignation In Abuja. PICS / 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by rainbow88: 11:59am On Oct 20, 2016
solace2013:
AISHA BUHARI AND THE TRAGEDY OF HYPOCRISY IN NIGERIA
Dr. Doyin Odebowale writes:
I have read so much on Aisha since yesterday. Nigerians are a special breed. Suddenly, this woman is
not wanted in America! Buhari did not marry a child again. Her gold, diamond and platinum bracelets are
not topics for discussion.
We are moving out of recession indeed! Many of the hypocrites on Facebook beat their wives. Many are
so useless that they establish pepper soup joints for some useless dogs called women while their
children cannot feed at home. Many don't care about how their children school fees are paid.
Aisha is the CEO of a thriving company. One of Buhari's daughters is a lawyer. His girls are graduates.
I have read posts from some of my friends who, surprisingly, failed to see the statement credited to
Buhari as a joke. I have followed some of them on Facebook. I know most of them will not tolerate any
dissenting view from their wives.
Aisha is not in purdah. She is not confined to the kitchen, literally. I doubt if she still cooks. I would have
expected the new supporters of Aisha to ask Buhari about the location of the kitchen. Is it Aso Villa
where there exists a culinary complex?
Look at Aisha and tell us if she belongs to the category of oppressed women. The fact that she granted
the controversial interview bears eloquent testimony to Buhari's character.
She just returned from the US. That trip generated another kind of controversy. That seems not
important now.
Many of these hypocrites are not proud of their wives. Many of them pretend to love women but will
work against them.
Politicians abuse women sexually. They are play things. They only allow them when their unscrupulous
godfathers impose them and direct political slaves to vote.
Academics talk of "conference materials". These are people's wives, daughters, sisters, cousins, who
belong to everybody while pretending to be in some dubious relationships.
Lucky is she whose husband can proudly assert that she has a place in his bedroom. She is not sharing
this space with any woman to our knowledge. Buhari's religion allows him to marry four women.
If the president attempted to douse tension generated by the wife's interview, and we fail to appreciate
his joke, then our sense of humour appears morbid.
Nigerians did not elect Aisha. She has no official role in the constitution. She cannot decide on who gets
appointed into the government. If she complains that she does not know those in government, it means
Buhari cannot be accused of nepotism.
If she is pained that she is not involved in governance, that is a big plus for him. She was not on the
ballot during the last election. She should not pick ministers and heads of agencies for us.
Is this not part of the change we crave?
Hypocrisy is not a virtue.

I believe she didn't ask for him to appoint anybody of her choice. All she did was state her opinion about a matter. which I believe is not offensive. she only feels some of the so called appointees are hijacking his government & that it may destroy his government. it is left our president to heed to counsel or not. I think she did well as a wife.
If you feel our response as Nigerians are not good enough, fine. why pick on the first lady. Everybody that became a better person took correction @ one point in his life or another, nobody is perfect.
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Nateben(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
banqalee:
pls where can i download these emojis?

I got them from BBM stickers
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Nateben(m): 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ikwerreboy:

Abeg were u get dis picture from. I can view many odas in the background

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by speakingbeing(m): 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
solace2013:
AISHA BUHARI AND THE TRAGEDY OF HYPOCRISY IN NIGERIA
Dr. Doyin Odebowale writes:
I have read so much on Aisha since yesterday. Nigerians are a special breed. Suddenly, this woman is
not wanted in America! Buhari did not marry a child again. Her gold, diamond and platinum bracelets are
not topics for discussion.
We are moving out of recession indeed! Many of the hypocrites on Facebook beat their wives. Many are
so useless that they establish pepper soup joints for some useless dogs called women while their
children cannot feed at home. Many don't care about how their children school fees are paid.
Aisha is the CEO of a thriving company. One of Buhari's daughters is a lawyer. His girls are graduates.
I have read posts from some of my friends who, surprisingly, failed to see the statement credited to
Buhari as a joke. I have followed some of them on Facebook. I know most of them will not tolerate any
dissenting view from their wives.
Aisha is not in purdah. She is not confined to the kitchen, literally. I doubt if she still cooks. I would have
expected the new supporters of Aisha to ask Buhari about the location of the kitchen. Is it Aso Villa
where there exists a culinary complex?
Look at Aisha and tell us if she belongs to the category of oppressed women. The fact that she granted
the controversial interview bears eloquent testimony to Buhari's character.
She just returned from the US. That trip generated another kind of controversy. That seems not
important now.
Many of these hypocrites are not proud of their wives. Many of them pretend to love women but will
work against them.
Politicians abuse women sexually. They are play things. They only allow them when their unscrupulous
godfathers impose them and direct political slaves to vote.
Academics talk of "conference materials". These are people's wives, daughters, sisters, cousins, who
belong to everybody while pretending to be in some dubious relationships.
Lucky is she whose husband can proudly assert that she has a place in his bedroom. She is not sharing
this space with any woman to our knowledge. Buhari's religion allows him to marry four women.
If the president attempted to douse tension generated by the wife's interview, and we fail to appreciate
his joke, then our sense of humour appears morbid.
Nigerians did not elect Aisha. She has no official role in the constitution. She cannot decide on who gets
appointed into the government. If she complains that she does not know those in government, it means
Buhari cannot be accused of nepotism.
If she is pained that she is not involved in governance, that is a big plus for him. She was not on the
ballot during the last election. She should not pick ministers and heads of agencies for us.
Is this not part of the change we crave?
Hypocrisy is not a virtue.

Hi, don't sound so antagonistic to the truth which was unveiled by aisha buhari or trying to contained with plausible idea by the media to published it. You should not be so Carlos and blind to overate buhari over every other individuals .buhari is yet to ascertained his certificate saga.and you are preaching about his daughter who was just announced of her called to chambers but you for leaves to mention thousands that had make it for so long which am one of them.don't be a coward !!!
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Malawian(m): 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
Nateben:
Is it not laughable? grin
I have been seeing these memes you posted, could you pls show me where to find them?
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Nateben(m): 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2016
Malawian:

I have been seeing these memes you posted, could you pls show me where to find them?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Orji Kalu Constructing Roads In His Constituency (Photos) / Jonathan Reconciles With Obasanjo And Amaechi At Council Of State Meeting / Protest Rocks Lagos Over Obasanjo's Alleged Plan To Install Interim Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.