Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date (1577 Views)

Broke Guys Shouldnt Even Have Erections / Reasons Why You Shouldnt Marry A Lady Above 30 / Ten Kinds Of Women U Shouldnt Disvirgin If You Arent Ready to marry Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by engrtee(f): 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
ight Talk. The most difficult time to be in a relationship as a guy is in your early twenties. That's the period when you are stuck in a limbo, trying to figure out yourself and who you want to be. At this age, you find it a herculean task asking money from your parents, considering your dad will always remind you of how he was self sufficient at your age( before the Biafran war). So you are always left with "Nkechiyere" (lol, that is anyone (money) that comes from them willingly). To compound your "woes". You have a girlfriend whom you love so much, you are 24 and she is 23. And guys being wired to want to take control, you are frustrated at your inability to take care of her like you want to. I mean where is the money You are still jobless, still hustling, still finding your feet. Still putting hands into many things hoping luck smiles on you. All of a sudden, she starts acting out and showing attitude. You call, and she takes forever to pick or return your calls.When she finally does pick, the call is like an interview session with those annoying and frustrating one word replies;Yes, no, fine, okay, nothing.Then finally she ends the call with a flimsy excuse like " wait let me close the fridge", i will call you back. And the call never comes back. Then one day she calls you and asks you "where is this relationship heading to?. You dont even know where your own life is heading to, not to talk of a relationship. Then she drops the bombshell. Tells you that she met a guy who wants to marry her. And how age isn't on her side, and you are almost compelled to scream "But you are just 23". Can't you wait 3 more years let me make it. You just hold yourself and play the good guy You ask her if she loves him, she dodges the question and replies you with " He treats me well". Well since she wasn't informing you to take permission, she was simply telling you. You have to be the cool guy and wish her well. One week later, she gives you the traditional wedding card. And then you do the math yourself.She was talking to the guy a long time before now.Then you realise that for every "K" you got on WhatsApp, the guy was getting a long epistle. You have been played. Worse is you cant even blame her, you are just a prospect who no one knows what will become of your life in 4years time.Would you have made it or not? She has gone for the real deal, someone who has already made it.In footballing terms, you are a "Anthony Martial" ( prospect) while the guy is a Messi ( has made it already). I mean you were sending her cards of N200, and the guy was telling her to manage 10k for the weekend. No comparison there. And then you go through that silent heartbreak guys go through, the ones they don't talk about.And unceremoniously you get inducted into the special hall of fame where members are young guys whose childhood loves and friends or girlfriends they thought they would end up with left them to marry someone else. Your heart is broken into smithereens. In this hall of fame, you are all victims. Victims of not having found your path in your early twenties.At the wedding, no sight is more heartbreaking than seeing "the love of your life" say "I do" to this guy she just met 6 months ago. To make matters worse, you get an alert from Diamond bank telling you how N13 have been deducted for bank charges. You are mad. Your N4000, is down to N3987 rendering that N1k useless, you can only withdraw N3k now.And that's your home and abroad.Can life be more unfair at this moment?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by Cutehector(m): 8:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
grin

I can relate to this..

I resolved within myself Dat i'd never beg a girl for her number
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by yorhmienerd(m): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
I can totally relate to this
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by Darkseid(m): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
This post made me to remember one of my guys. He had a quarrel with his gf, after two weeks, he got a text from her inviting him to her traditional wedding. I can't forget the look on the guy's face that day grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by xamster(m): 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2016
For real, most guys can relate to it. Its quite a quigmire situation that makes one go seeking for solace.
Actually, everyone deserve love and as such will get in some amorous relationship. The thing is everyone wanna be smart and not made a dunce. Many times if not always some guys have jilted their gf to be with other ladies when they're doing well. the ladies on the otherhand have their precise interest of being with someone who can cater for their needs.
All in all it depends on the individuals involved, thats the reason some people refer to making it first before getting attached to the opposite sex.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by Laveda(f): 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
Read this over and over again, tired.
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by Joeblack247(m): 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
True mehn can totally relate
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by stiles009(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
I can relate, but I've learn not to get too attached. if she throws me a curve ball, I'll hit it out of my park as hard as possible!

2 Likes

Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by ChappyChase: 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Damn you just hit the nail! But, truth be told i can't to any of this cause I have bern fvcking Olosho since time immemorial and any girl i meet, I her my intention which is to fvck her!
If she agree, fine. If not i bounce to the next catch!

Well me and condom no dey part ways so make no body come here come tell me to use condom!
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by Rexling(m): 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
Nice write up.Boyz dat ar in prisons 2day,who involved themselves in criminal activities just to impress dia gurlfrnds, plenty.

1 Like

Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by rawpadgin(m): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
Then one day she calls you and asks you "where is this relationship heading to?. You dont even know where your own life is heading to, not to talk of a relationship.

this got me ROFLMAO
gringringringrin

3 Likes

Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by froshhomie(m): 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
D op just ghat me there though am rich bt na popsy give me
am jst a flirt nw no more love
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
I can't relate at all cos am a fine boy and i fvck small girls without giving them a dime undecided
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by Marvinspeed(m): 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2016
Nice one...
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by NevetsIbot(m): 4:44pm On Oct 21, 2016
if a guy is in his 20's and hasn't discovered himself.. He swims deep in folly
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by kuchikau1: 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
ucsparks:
I can't relate at all cos am a fine boy and i fvck small girls without giving them a dime undecided
U got me there. I dnt give my dime to any gal. I just confuse her with my...., then take her to my house...d rest is history.
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
kuchikau1:
U got me there. I dnt give my dime to any gal. I just confuse her with my...., then take her to my house...d rest is history.
real OG

Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by engrtee(f): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2016
thks
Re: Why A Guy In Early 2o's Shouldnt Date by skywalker240(m): 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
You are correct, there comes a time almost every young man in his early 20s goes through such experience,...but then it makes them stronger

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Oladele Seun Laments Over Plagiarism Of Her Articles By Lilyqueen(snapshot) / Check Out This Smile!! / This Beautiful Lady’s Twitter Thread Is All Every Man Needs To Read Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.