Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,930 members, 7,956,497 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:55 PM

I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman (1212 Views)

Your Man Come To Propose To You With This, What Will You Do? / How Do I Propose To My 'wife'? / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by mcfynest(m): 4:56am On Oct 20, 2016
Hi everyone, good morning.

I am a Yoruba guy dating my long time love. A relationship of many years and we are deeply into each other.

Now i am planning to step up the game. I want to propose to her. But i don't know much about her tribe's view on marriage.

What should i expect, what is the usual brideprice and any other information would be helpful.

P.S- We are both Christians.

Please help a bro.

Thanks family

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 20, 2016
I hear say dem get wayo.

Shebi u dey hear their slogan....urhobo wayo!

Then also dem dey take one of the balls as bride price say na d second ball d man go dey manage for life and to bear children

4 Likes

Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by sisisioge: 6:18am On Oct 20, 2016
Yipppppy! You are about to have the beautiful-name babies...Oghenewero, Oghenetega, Fejirooghene, Ogheneochucko, Ogheneejiro...

It doesn't cost much, the dowry is in cowries equated to highest value of the Nigerian currency. By the way, it gets returned.

The yams and co aren't as much as Yorubas own o. You are in good hands bro...

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 20, 2016
Could be one of the simplest traditional wedding you will come across
Just ready buy wrapper for mama and papa and buy plenty Ogogoro for village people

Not to forget the 120Naira for bride price

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by lilmax(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2016
don't hit her or else you'll receive the beating of your life...... urhobo babes are naturally strong grin

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by mcfynest(m): 7:58am On Oct 20, 2016
favoured234:
Could be one of the simplest traditional wedding you will come across
Just ready buy wrapper for mama and papa and buy plenty Ogogoro for village people

Not to forget the 120Naira for bride price

Back then, i served in isoko south, the brideprice was #80. They didn't ask or much and it was OK. However, this lady is a lagos girl and educated.

Thanks for the update.
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by mcfynest(m): 7:59am On Oct 20, 2016
sisisioge:
Yipppppy! You are about to have the beautiful-name babies...Oghenewero, Oghenetega, Fejirooghene, Ogheneochucko, Ogheneejiro...

It doesn't cost much, the dowry is in cowries equated to highest value of the Nigerian currency. By the way, it gets returned.

Congrats.

Meen i love those wonderful names. Seems it is moderate then. Thanks...
Really helpful
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by mcfynest(m): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
I hear say dem get wayo.

Then also dem dey take one of the balls as bride price say na d second ball d man go dey manage for life and to bear children

It is actually not wayo but WADO
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by Dyt(f): 8:05am On Oct 20, 2016
sisisioge:

Congrats.

You one?
Hmmmm
They are so hawt
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by Dyt(f): 8:05am On Oct 20, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
I hear say dem get wayo.

LMAO

(1) (Reply)

Groom Dumps Bride Days After Wedding Because Of Make-up / Difficulty In Finding A Husband(photo) / She Is Married But Still Pesters Me For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.