Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider (923 Views)

Yahclick Internet Service / Best (vsat) Internet Service Provider In Nigeria / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by lwise(m): 10:23am On Oct 23, 2009
Hello guys,
I was given the task to get a good internet service provider for an organisation,the organisation has been usin direct on pc for sometimes now but thier service is nothing to write home about.
I believe we have many ISP in Nigeria,I will be greateful if I can get thier tarrif and probably contact info.
Thanx
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by tunde300us(m): 12:32pm On Oct 23, 2009
Am sori to say dat DOPC is the worst ISP i have seen in ma life. Anyway u can mail or text me let me help u with a tested ISP with quality service at affordable rates.
tunde300us@gmail.com or 08034025906. am availabe 24/7
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by lwise(m): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2009
must everything be private,name the ISP providers and thier contacts if u cant give me the price.I can google it out myself but I cant get the best with that.
Lets talk here, Im serious sad
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by routik(m): 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2009
Direct on PC is the ISP am using right now. people find it easy to condemn service providers, without checking there own end. If you are the admin of that organization, make sure your LAN is ok, use a good router with filtering facility or Linux/windows server. protect your local area first and make sure you are safe and alright @ your own end. i have studied DOPC and can easily know when they are having problems, downtime etc.
for your information, Direct on PC is the backbone of etisalat. So dont think that etisalat is stupid to have choose DOPC. They are one of the best ISP's in Nigeria.
wish you the best.
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by mikesleek(m): 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2009
Well Collins, in as much as i wish to disagree with you, i can't help but agree, DOPC is not a very reputable ISP so i'll disagree with you on that. We use DOPC in our office and their service (normal with Nigerian companies) and customer care is nothing to write home about, they are full of liars. I'll agree with you that the problem alot of us face with internet speed is as a result of our network config, yet we push it to the ISPs.
@Poster, the more the money you are willing to pay, the better the service you get from your ISP.
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by lwise(m): 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2009
Ill agree with tunde300us in some area when we complained we were asked to increase our bandwidth we did and it became worse.We invited them to our office several time and we couldnt get appreciaable improvement.Theve updated all the files on the modem just of recent and the condition became worse.We only enjoi good internet connection in the morning(b4 9a.m).Anything after 9 a.m we get different kinds of error messages.When it is around 5p.m in the evening the speed becomes better.The point I want u guys to note is that b4 we increase the bandwidth the speed was manageable and now its nothing to write home about.
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by tunde300us(m): 5:59pm On Oct 24, 2009
Dis is ma advise iwise,if ure in lagos i will advise that u leave DOPC alone and try oda ISP's with proven records with atleast manageable speed.
With the advent of SAT3, browsing speed has increased considerably but with download limits,left to me i think if one can get a reasonable speed with a download limit then u just control how much download they do in the office and plan for a good monthly plan.
Last week i had to condem a dopc modem and buy ipnx for a company in ikeja and it was marvelo,atleast with nigerian standard (mails etc) excluding downloads.
I can also suggest NETCOM to u too dats if ure in their coverage area cos they dont cover so much of lagos with their wireless modems,but they also use VSAT if u want that too.
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by yinkfad(m): 2:07pm On Oct 26, 2009
Well, everyone have make a very good contributions. but i will support tunde so much i ve been using Sky-vision is over 3 years. in 4 different locations and there service is alright compared to some others. but if u are not going to be putting on ur modem over night anytime they are doing upgrade u are likely to face alot of problems. you can please contact me on this mail yinkfad24u@yahoo.com and i will give u a link to where u can check the price of another provider if u won't mind. or call me on this no 08073157686. thanks
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by routik(m): 11:10pm On Oct 26, 2009
well, i have been using DOPC for more than three years now in two different locations Abuja and nasarawa. One thing about there shared bandwidth is this, fast during morning periods, normal/little bit slow in the afternoon and very fast during the evening time till morning again. Why because you are sharing with cooperate offices that resumes work by 9:am and close by 5-6: pm, i have tried to change to other ISP's but never enjoyed there service like Direct on PC. "the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know" .
I am not a staff or dealer of DOPC, is just that i have studied there network and know how it operates, know when to call them, when to restart and when they are running maintenance and upgrade.

I wish you the best in making the right choice.
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by tunde300us(m): 10:02am On Oct 27, 2009
Thanks collins for saying it as it is.
This poster is also a cooperate user and for goodness sake he dosent need it to be fast in the midnight,he needs a good speed in the morning through evening.
One thing about there shared bandwidth is this, fast during morning periods, normal/little bit slow in the afternoon and very fast during the evening time till morning again. Why because you are sharing with cooperate offices that resumes work by 9:am and close by 5-6: pm,
T
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by tunde300us(m): 10:11am On Oct 27, 2009
Thanks collins for saying it as it is.
This poster is also a cooperate user and for goodness sake he dosent need it to be fast in the midnight,he needs a good speed in the morning through evening.
One thing about there shared bandwidth is this, fast during morning periods, normal/little bit slow in the afternoon and very fast during the evening time till morning again. Why because you are sharing with cooperate offices that resumes work by 9:am and close by 5-6: pm,
The time u specified are the times he needs it and yet u say he should continue with them when even u, rightly said that it is only at night that u get good speed.
And how do u think all other users sharing with u doing the morning/evening time will feel during this period cos all of them will be suffering with u nd bare with this EVIL like u are doing.
Pls let us call a spade a spade and say it as it is,DOPC is wacked and they over allocate clients on their bandwidth just to  make more money on the expense of their customers.
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by bodmasosha: 12:05pm On Oct 27, 2009
We most people seem to condemn ISP's in Nigeria and Shy away from the major Truth. I work in an ISP and from my experience All ISP's in Nigeria have similar Issues, an ISP seems to be good when they are new in the Bussineess with less customers, give them time with an increase in customer base and see if there services remain the same. Sat 3 is the major Fibre link we have here and limited to most ISP's do you think its just a joke when Adenuga decided to invest in bringing in Glo's fibre link? He understand the trend in the industry and proferring a lasting solution. The only way we can get good Services from our ISP's is only if they Route their network through the Fibre link(which we have shortage in Nigeria presently)
and we thank Glo for providing an alternative solution and waiting for it full deployement before we start enjoying Good services only if our ISP;s Subscribe to it. Note this point that most ISP's either Vsat or Broadband still Route through a Bigger VSAT to the internet in which the Latency will be higher than the Fibre link, So am not here to codemn any ISP or approve of any but all I have to say is No one will go into a business with the intentions of giving poor services to its customers in as much as ISP's want to give out Good services they face challenges in the environment they find themselves, Take an example in the Nigerian Case, We have close to a Hundreds of ISP now, Can any one here give me a list of Top ten ISP's that have been in the Business for About 5 years with the Best Quality of Service? I bet you not!!!!!!!!!
Re: Help! I Need A Good Internet Service Provider by routik(m): 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
We most people seem to condemn ISP's in Nigeria and Shy away from the major Truth. I work in an ISP and from my experience All ISP's in Nigeria have similar Issues, an ISP seems to be good when they are new in the Bussineess with less customers, give them time with an increase in customer base and see if there services remain the same. Sat 3 is the major Fibre link we have here and limited to most ISP's do you think its just a joke when Adenuga decided to invest in bringing in Glo's fibre link? He understand the trend in the industry and proferring a lasting solution. The only way we can get good Services from our ISP's is only if they Route their network through the Fibre link(which we have shortage in Nigeria presently)
and we thank Glo for providing an alternative solution and waiting for it full deployement before we start enjoying Good services only if our ISP;s Subscribe to it. Note this point that most ISP's either Vsat or Broadband still Route through a Bigger VSAT to the internet in which the Latency will be higher than the Fibre link, So am not here to codemn any ISP or approve of any but all I have to say is No one will go into a business with the intentions of giving poor services to its customers in as much as ISP's want to give out Good services they face challenges in the environment they find themselves, Take an example in the Nigerian Case, We have close to a Hundreds of ISP now, Can any one here give me a list of Top ten ISP's that have been in the Business for About 5 years with the Best Quality of Service? I bet you not!!!!!!!!!
Thanks my brother.
@tunde300us, i am not forcing or convincing anybody here to use DOPC, am just sharing my observations and experience with them so far.

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Repair Laptops With This Amazing Video Tutorials / Startimes Recharge Cards / Who Need Paid Server For India Web Proxy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.