Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos (38707 Views)

Queen Tardoo: First Lady To Study Aeronautical Engineering From Benue / Adey Orla Bags PhD In Biomedical Engineering From University Of Saskatchewan / Lady Graduates With A First Class In Engineering From UNIZIK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by Laple0541(m): 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
[size=8pt][/size] Congratulations
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by Rett0: 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
Congratulations......
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by baum1: 3:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
Maximus85:
A 2nd Class lower in Nigeria will bag 1st class in a foreign university.

Loool - hope you thought before posting this. Though if the 2:2 person's ability is truly a first class and he works hard, he will definitely get it...But this your statement, if you pause to relook it, implies that that guy/girl that ended up with a 2:2 in Nigeria will bag a first a first in Harvard. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. You have made my day.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by d33types: 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
kwynette:
Why won't you get first class after schooling abroad? Come to UNN and study Engineering, bobo if you get 2.2 I will buy you a car
Are you proud of that?
Especially as the unn graduate was taught a 1970's course content and is less productive to the world market

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by martolux(m): 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
kwynette:
Why won't you get first class after schooling abroad? Come to UNN and study Engineering, bobo if you get 2.2 I will buy you a car
It seems you are allergic to success.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by JoshMedia: 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
Congrat Bro! I love things like this to be honest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by fortunechy(m): 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
isnt a biggie
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by calberian: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
is there 1st class lower?

denkyw:
nonsense, those that came out with 1st class upper how many heads do they have

:p

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by mengho(m): 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
so..........what do you want us to do. I also graduated with first class, is it because i graduated in my own country that nobody gives a shit
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by wiseoneking: 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
my brothers and sisters should learn frm d afonjas..it sudn't be abt chestbeating all d time. why always d west?

Proudly igbo
Wetin this one dey talk. I will report you and you gonna go for 2 months ban for flouting rules.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by baum1: 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
mengho:
so..........what do you want us to do. I also graduated with first class, is it because i graduated in my own country that nobody gives a shit

Take it easy. You've achieved a great feat graduating with a first. Congrats. But...Celebrate others too.

What did you study? If you're still young and studied the right course, I can assist with scholarship applications to good foreign schools.

I have made this offer since September and strange to see that I'm working with only one person right now. I was expecting to be mobbed by first class degree holders but alas, I've been wrong.

If you're interested, I await your response.
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by freedom96: 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
kwynette:
oh please,save us that crap.A 2.2 from abroad school will most likely have better understanding and application of engineering relative to a 1st class from UNN.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by Maximus85(m): 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
baum1:

Loool - hope you thought before posting this. Though if the 2:2 person's ability is truly a first class and he works hard, he will definitely get it...But this your statement, if you pause to relook it, implies that that guy/girl that ended up with a 2:2 in Nigeria will bag a first a first in Harvard. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. You have made my day.

You have refused to see the brain behind my comment. The learning conditions and teaching styles in Nigeria is not helping students reach their full potentials.
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by kenzysmith: 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
you have my respect girl the only thing girls now have to show is yansh and breasts we done tire to see
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by freedom96: 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
And one crazy guy,HIScraziness,is busy insulting northerners that they're illiterates.
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by baum1: 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
kwynette:

I didn't want to respond to this point, but I will.

The foreign schools I know, and based on academic ability alone, anyone who gets a first there the least they can get in Nigeria is a 2:1. Not to now talk of Imperial College, a top school reputed for great engineering research in the UK.

All these 'he got it here he can get it there is not always true. It's amazing how you guys reach your conclusions without knowing the capabilities of people getting these high grades abroad. Anyway, there is an adage which says ' no matter what, na my papa farm big pass' smiley.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by baum1: 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
Maximus85:

You have refused to see the brain behind my comment. The learning conditions and teaching styles in Nigeria is not helping students reach their full potentials.

Always make your implicit assumptions explicit - which you have now done, well done.

I partially agree with you. You're right on some fronts but not on all fronts. People are still making a first in the same Nigeria, under the same tough conditions. In fact, you'd be pleased to know that the number of first class degrees from Nigeria has ballooned in the last 20 years by almost 100%. Go and check! That is one. Two, some people have great learning conditions and no financial challenges and all but still made a 2:2. Based on your assertion, do we conclude that they would suddenly become a first class material when they enter a plane and land at Imperial College. No, it's not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by loveourlagos(f): 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
kenzysmith:
you have my respect girl the only thing girls now have to show is yansh and breasts we done tire to see

Topic says Nigerian man and not Nigerian girls..Carry chauvinism go dustbin abeg..
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by jimi4us: 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
my brothers and sisters should learn frm d afonjas..it sudn't be abt chestbeating all d time. why always d west?

Proudly igbo
thank God he doesn't have Adidas mark on his cheek
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by MicroBox: 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
denkyw:
nonsense, those that came out with 1st class upper how many heads do they have

:p
Rubbish!! what is first class upper....
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by baum1: 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
MicroBox:

Rubbish!! what is first class upper....

It's an upper version of first class. Maybe 4.9 and above out of 5.0. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by SammySeun: 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
congrats
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by Pylony(m): 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Congrats bro keep the flag flying, but even as our fellow Nigerian brothers and sisters have being bagging or getting sacs of first class from within and around the world since the days of Mungo Park, this country has no plans to make use of such great minds rather other Nations end up benefiting from what this elite citizens can offer the world.
We only promote stories of drug barons, corrupt officials and the likes who tarnish the image of our dear Nation every day when the world his on the move.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by jahsson(m): 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
GboyegaD:

If it was as easy as you said then Nigeria should be leading the world and not the other way round.

With all due respect sir... d man u quoted is right and u are also not far from d truth... but he is closer to d truth than u r... the reason we are not leading in the world is because of the situation surrounding the educational system in Nigeria.... students abroad enjoy up to date research facilities and infrastructures ... if that young engineer wants he can build a robot in that school that will be washing his boxers and singlet while another sweeps his house... To cut the long story short ... is money is invested into d Nigerian educational system as it is done "in d overseas" my broda the only people that would "try" and compete with Nigerians are the Koreans, Chinese n maybe All those Kremlin people....but all the same ... since it is not as easy as that ..(like u stated) .. we'll continue to read lamentations an pray for better .... hopefully our children will benefit from d better....cheers...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
GboyegaD:

If it was as easy as you said then Nigeria should be leading the world and not the other way round.

Bro, Nigerians are smart, its our education system that is killing us.
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Why worry about recession,come and join our whatsapp Group. we'll walk you through and teach you how to make LEGITIMATE MONEY online from the comfort of your home. https:///BlSiXAVPgfG6S3UeJeduOx
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by Jacko1(m): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
The afonja don chop chemical engineering like amala and egusi soup chai

God giv me dis kain brain..... If i humble ehn... Know say na mistake
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by Nwachukwunonyelu: 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
Congratulations bro
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by monlawal(m): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
ORIGINAL FULANI BOY.
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by Maxwell011(m): 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
Good one!!! Keep roaring high.
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by yahmohy27: 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
kwynette:
Jealousy smh
Re: Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos by 4Play(m): 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
GboyegaD:

The difficulty of getting a first class in Nigeria is a reality independent of the quality of Nigerian education. Nigerian universities, particularly the government owned ones, traditionally are miserly with marks. This has no bearing on their quality, which is poor in my view.

On the other hand, UK universities are more likely to award high marks: 1/5th of undergrads end up with a first class and 2/3rds end up with at least a 2.1. This trend of high marks in grades applies at all levels, including secondary schools (look up grade inflation on the net).

The implication is that when you read about a Nigerian getting a first class in the UK, you shouldn't think of it as you would think of a first class at for instance OAU: a rare achievement bestowed on an academic prodigy.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Did You Hang Your Bag In Secondary School Back Then? / "How I Succeeded": Chinecherem Cynthia Who Had All 9As In WAEC Reveals (Photos) / Polytechnic Ibadan SU Involve In A Ghastly Accident{graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.