Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings (9489 Views)

Minimum Wage: Ogun Workers To Start 2-Day Warning Strike On Thursday / Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike / Exxonmobil Workers Begin Three-day Warning Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by BrutalJab: 7:16am On Oct 21, 2016
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by SAMBARRY: 7:19am On Oct 21, 2016
If federal government is releasing money and he refuses to pay claiming he doesn't owe anybody salaries does it means thousands of civil servants in ogun state are lying or HE IS embezzling the money.

The annoying part is the patronizing and arrogant way he talks to the civil servants.
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by omofunaab(m): 7:38am On Oct 21, 2016
Amosun has been very arrogant and reckless this second term
In 2015, he fought with the workers too but because he had the backing of the masses who loved him and also tinubu too who supported him when osoba wanted to throw his ass out of the party.

But the mistake he is making now is that he still believes he enjoys the support of the masses even abeokuta people, Ota and ifo that usually support him are complaining bitterly about his administration.

Amosun shouldn't lose the remaining people that still loves him

1 Like

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by steryj(m): 7:53am On Oct 21, 2016
Phrankin:
That awkward moment when after rushing to book space, you suddenly realize you don't have any meaningful thing to say.
Anyway let me use this opportunity to beg you guys for likes. I know this is childish and that I have grown past this. I won't lie that today is my birthday- just like others do. It's just that i have this irresistible urge and would like to know that people still care about other peoples feelings. May whatever you worship bless and protect you and your family as you like this post. Thanks and God bless you and your family.
Once more, don't say im distubing you. Please click like. Thanks once again. Please I'm on my knees begging, it won't cost you anything just to click on that like. Pulease.
The pics tho; that girl already had someone in mind.
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Lady009: 8:25am On Oct 21, 2016
He called workers senseless and mad! Such derogatory words to even use on dog... Despite owing them money, you still choose to ask them to go to he'll.

Lay explanation to Ogun State issue:

A typical ogun state worker survive on cooperative and bank loan to execute basic things like kid's schl fee, health management etc. Now, for someone earning 80k, who had committed 65k to cooperative nd loan servicing (deduction) in order for the next loan to be ripe... Govt. Amosun refused to remit that 65k to the bank or cooperative society as expected. He gave orders that no one should be permitted to stop or reduce how much they are formally deducing. Meaning that, the worker rcivs only 15k salary... Bank loam interest accumulating, cooperative society unfunded and workers ileyah, X'mas personal contributions also wihheld!

Workers are not asking Amosun to increase salary or pay any bonuses, but to give them their money that they asked the govt to pay someone on their behalf. It's as good as not paying them salary! Ogun workers are now living in penury and groping hunger, yet Amosun and his thugs (political thugs) are constructing mansions and sky scrapers.... The best Amosun could tell workers was "You are too few gain national attention. You are brainless and senseless! I won't give you your money or permit you to stop the contribution and there is nothing you will do about it! "

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by fendorf(m): 8:40am On Oct 21, 2016
Pay them mr governor
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by karimcarim(m): 9:50am On Oct 21, 2016
For sale

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by maj007(m): 9:55am On Oct 21, 2016
hotspec:
The CHANGE WAVE has finally docked in Ogun. Were they not laughing at Osun bf? Even, those that are not govt workers will soon understand. Come to Osun, u will see carpenter hawking, bricklayers sleeping, mechanic workshops filled with abandoned vehicles, and no passengers for commuters as people either trek 1/2 way or kuku stay @ home..Now ARE-GBESE is cutting all d trees in public schools and selling them without planting new ones.

The strike action is not really because of the money. IT IS A STAND AGAINST DICTATORSHIP. The vile abuse by the governor recently when the workers made their demands caused this. If you know Ogun People (especially Abeokuta) very well, you will understand what I'm saying. In their history, past and present, this is always their reaction to dictatorship and oppression. Even during the pre-colonial and colonial era. It was the same.

SIA has drawn the battle line and he should know better. He should ask Olusegun Osoba.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 21, 2016
herdjerd:
Your stupidity knows no boundary? Remain mature if truely you are....Gbegiri

Common, there is nothing wrong with humor. It's childish but funny
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by thankgod460(m): 11:08am On Oct 21, 2016
Mr. Governor has no blame, free world but he forget that he that climbed a ladder will surely come down...... Please answer your workers before it turn to an inferno
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by praise2009: 11:44am On Oct 21, 2016
I am personally disappointed in the ways and manners GOVERNOR Amosun is handling the situation.
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
so this was how Ogun state igr got to be no1. by accumulating peoples own money. fraud
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by lokoloko84(m): 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
Anyways, what I know is that if Amosun did not pay the twelve months corperative and deductions before 2019,then APC should forget 2109.
He won the last election by a thread and he thinks he can do anything he likes just because he was re elected.Handing over power to the opposition will be considered a failure on his part and he will be useless like osoba and Daniel but his own case will be worse.
The ijebu and sagamu areas are being controlled by Daniel.
The yewa area is a no go area for him.
The ota,ibafo and mowe axis is not predictable.
Several uncompleted projects there and he is becoming unpopular in those axis.
He is only popular in Abeokuta and his popular is even dropping by the day.
UPN or LP or AD should be ready to take over in the next to election.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wema Bank Graduate Trainee / I Don't Want To Be A Doctor The Words Nigerian Parent Does Not Want To Hear / Electrical Control Panel Design, Installation And Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.