Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues (25050 Views)

Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban / Robbery: We Didn’t Review Visa Validity For Nigerians –UAE / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Ngyab: 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2016
Department of Immigration Services in Kenya revealed via social media that over 25 Nigerians were arrested today in Kasarani, Roysambu, Mirema area of Nairobi, for being in the country illegally after their visa validity elapsed.

They encouraged their citizens to give reports of Nigerians living around their areas, alleging that some stay as groups in one house. See more tweets after the cut...

http://www.ngyab.com/2016/10/21/breaking-news-nigerians-arrested-in-kenya/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by CoolFreeday(m): 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
Kenya of all places, for watin na?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by dunkem21(m): 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
Imagine, common Kenya kwa sad

Tonyebarcanista is right about Kenya dwarfing Nigeria in all ramifications angry

Kenya wey their only natural resource is 10,000km race angry

49 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
dunkem21:

Tonyebarcanista is right about Kenya dwarfing Nigeria in all ramifications angry

The gods are wise cheesy

PS: We have the potentials to challenge countries like Austria and UK, but we have consistently mismanaged it to the point that we are only slightly better than countries like South Sudan and Somalia

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by dunkem21(m): 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The gods are wise cheesy

PS: We have the potentials to challenge countries like Austria and UK, but we have consistently mismanaged it to the point that we are only slightly better than countries like South Sudan and Somalia

I dey vex, joor.. The thought and fact that Kenya is ahead of Nigeria is enough stomach worms but to compare us with South Sudan and Somalia is so much an insult to stomach angry

Pls edit angry
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
Sigh even Kenya.

Nothing we no go see o.

Btw, why over stay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by osesology(m): 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
Kenya? wetin dem dey do 4 there sef? This is embarassing.

2 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Drlaw(m): 2:12am On Oct 22, 2016
How can immigration tell his citizen to be pointing out Nigerians if not something is fishing. Naija Don take over all their ladies. And Becos of our horse power them men no like naija at all u guys should critically look at those tweeting why ain't any woman talking. Na beef o! Make our government act o! Before it turn to xenophobia.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Drlaw(m): 2:17am On Oct 22, 2016
dunkem21:

Jokes apart kenya isn't a common place o! At least their light is 24hrs plus unlimited internet service approximately N4k per month and not to talk of the way naija guys are living like they own here. My brother naija guys is intimidating their lazy men that's just it.

25 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:39am On Oct 22, 2016
dunkem21:

I dey vex, joor.. The thought and fact that Kenya is ahead of Nigeria is enough stomach worms but to compare us with South Sudan and Somalia is so much an insult to stomach angry

Pls edit angry
I wish I can modify too angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Fidha254(m): 6:21am On Oct 22, 2016
lol. that comment, 'quite a few rude nigerians live along woodavenue, could you pls care to investigate'

so if a nigerian is not rude, he must be hiding something...... this is how nigerians are viewed? they have to be rude

2 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by MtuMsuper: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2016
Dear Nigerians,
You don't go to somebody's house, eat his ugali, insult his wife, mess up his living room and crap on his floor and think there won't be any consequences. You guys come here courtesy of Kenya Airways running daily flights to Lagos ( Kenya is a major continental and global aviation hub after all), you come to hustle, walk in and act like you own the place, live in seclusion, harass local women, practice unwholesome social ungraces, and think you won't be the cynosure of all eyes? We are very very aware you take advantage of things like steadier than 9ja electricity supply, municipal water in your taps, the fastest and cheapest internet in Africa, crime rates lower than you could imagine in your country, monthly rent payments. etc etc, to come and do yahoo here. Then you think no one will notice. I mean WTF!!!

Get your paper work in order, we are a country of LAWS.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by anonimi: 7:36am On Oct 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The gods are wise cheesy

Unfortunately that will continue to be the case until we devote ourselves and make the necessary individual and collective sacrifice to ensure that ALL our children are in schools.
These change chain crooners have no track record of doing that so we are stuck. embarassed undecided cry

[img]http://www2.ed.gov/nclb/overview/intro/presentation/Slide1.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027366_buharinu_jpeg5ce072fcf9c5443e849caa9cebbeaa57

10 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by anonimi: 7:43am On Oct 22, 2016
MtuMsuper:
Dear Nigerians,
You don't go to somebody's house, eat his ugali, insult his wife, mess up his living room and crap on his floor and think there won't be any consequences. You guys come here courtesy of Kenya Airways running daily flights to Lagos ( Kenya is a major continental and global aviation hub after all), you come to hustle, walk in and act like you own the place, live in seclusion, harass local women, practice unwholesome social ungraces, and think you won't be the cynosure of all eyes? We are very very aware you take advantage of things like steadier than 9ja electricity supply, municipal water in your taps, the fastest and cheapest internet in Africa, crime rates lower than you could imagine in your country, monthly rent payments. etc etc, to come and do yahoo here. Then you think no one will notice. I mean WTF!!!

See correct yabis.
Even in Lagos state where Tinubu/Fashola/Ambode have been doing progreTHIEF government for 17 years cannot boast of the highlighted in the entire state.
Abeg na who curse us if nor be ourselves
Yet we go dey swagger sey na we smart pass!
We too foolish nor be lie.

bukifemi1:
by Owolabi Oluwasegun

The metropolitan city of Lagos has been described as the world’s third worst city to live in.

According to a report released by The Economist Intelligence Unit, the city ranked 138th out of the 140 cities in the liveability survey which was carried out.

Falling ahead of Tripoli and Damascus, Lagos which boasts of population of about 22 million would in the next few years become the 4th mega city in the world with about 30 million people living in it.

The report said: “Of the poorer-scoring cities, 13 continue to occupy the very bottom tier of liveability, where ratings fall below 50 percent and most aspects of living are severely restricted.

“Continued threats from groups like Boko Haram acts as a constraint to improving stability in Lagos.”

The survey which assesses locations around the world that would provide the best or worsrt living condition factoring in five categories which are: stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure noted that the hostile situation in Libya resulted in the declined in liveability in Tripoli.

The top five best countries to live in, according to the report are: Melbourne, Australian Vienna, Austria’s Vancouver, Canada’s Toronto, Canada’s and Calgary also in Canada.

With Lagos scoring high points in Culture and environment, the scoreboard declined in the areas of infrastructure, healthcare and stability.

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/lagos-is-the-worlds-third-worst-city-to-live-in-report/#dKEsBgQMHjtTEsgh.99

[img]http://yemitom.files./2012/12/mai-ruwa.png?w=546[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3928528_screenshot20160702074507_jpegb6ef54648b853c62b9f490825c47c180

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by anonimi: 7:48am On Oct 22, 2016
dunkem21:

Their MAIN natural resource is the wildlife that they have CONSERVED very well with the help of many oyinbos.
Something that we also have but have neglected as everyone is content to simply share Niger Delta oil revenue. angry embarassed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by MtuMsuper: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2016
anonimi:

Their MAIN natural resource is the wildlife that they have CONSERVED very well with the help of many oyinbos.
Something that we also have but have neglected as everyone is content to simply share Niger Delta oil revenue. angry embarassed

Another false stereotype about Kenya. Kenyas main resource is its people : its HUMAN resource. We have leveraged it for national development. I get sick anytime you folks see something in your neighbors garden and run around saying oyibo oyibo has helped them.Those animals are safely secure in national parks and game reserves controlled and run by the Kenya wildlife Service. Does a similar body exist in 9ja? Yes, the tourism they bring in quite a bit of cash,but we don't DEPEND on it . Kenya's economy is service based and not a natural resource based mono(oil) economy like yours hence your inability to fathom that we can do so much with far much less than you folks (as far as natural resources are concerned ).

Fix yourselves before you can deem to advise others.

22 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by anonimi: 8:17am On Oct 22, 2016
MtuMsuper:
Another false stereotype about Kenya. Kenyas main resource is its people : its HUMAN resource. We have leveraged it for national development. I get sick anytime you folks see something in your neighbors garden and run around saying oyibo oyibo has helped them.Those animals are safely secure in national parks and game reserves controlled and run by the Kenya wildlife Service. Does a similar body exist in 9ja? Yes, the tourism they bring in quite a bit of cash,but we don't DEPEND on it . Kenya's economy is service based and not a natural resource based mono(oil) economy like yours hence your inability to fathom that we can do so much with far much less than you folks (as far as natural resources are concerned ).

Fix yourselves before you can deem to advise others.

Stop jumping around all over the place when you are NOT a monkey trying to get some banana. Haba.

I said main NATURAL resource.
Why did you skip the word- natural- in your excitement

Did I also not say that Kenyans have conserved the NATURAL resource very well
Shey nor be the people go do the conservation ni?
Abeg swerve! angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2711934_picmix67201592552_jpeg_jpegb6a91f298c41d26387ed159da25bdfdf

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by greall12(m): 8:47am On Oct 22, 2016
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by yeyeboi(m): 8:50am On Oct 22, 2016
As A Nigerian That I Am, I Rather Go To My Village Than Go To Kenya angry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by BrutalJab: 8:50am On Oct 22, 2016
Can you imagine

Kenyans will surely murder us in any online banter we engage them in.

If I hear say we be giant of anfrica again en.

Mtcgeew

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by misscall247: 8:52am On Oct 22, 2016
Na buhari cos m

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 22, 2016
Nigerian and Kenyan beef be like 2 & 5... grin grin grin grin

I wonder what Kenyan women the "Kenyan Wailer" was talking about when half their womenfolk are doing "maid" duties in the gulf and the other half are busy getting 'magun-ed" to their lovers....

5 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by sekundosekundo: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The gods are wise cheesy

Really sad.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Adesiji77: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2016
Kenya? cheesy
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by texaco1: 9:03am On Oct 22, 2016
Drlaw:
How can immigration tell his citizen to be pointing out Nigerians if not something is fishing. Naija Don take over all their ladies. And Becos of our horse power them men no like naija at all u guys should critically look at those tweeting why ain't any woman talking. Na beef o! Make our government act o! Before it turn to xenophobia.
Are Nigerians the only citizens whose visas have expired in Kenya?
Why is the immigration singling out Nigerians?
I believe this is a ground work for big operation and deportation of Nigerians from kenya

10 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by SeunWedsLinda(m): 9:05am On Oct 22, 2016
who dash naija giant of Africa. We've been stripped of that honour a long time ago. In the grand scheme of things currently, many African countries are ahead of us. No thanks to the gross display of tribalism by our so called country men which has balked Nigeria's progress economically and otherwise. If only Nigeria were a monolingual/monoethnic nation, we would have been competing with the likes of America, Britain, Netherland et al. angry

*playing edris abdulkareem's "Nigeria jaga jaga" *

11 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by 00Ademi(m): 9:06am On Oct 22, 2016
Even Kenya....

chai naija don suffer..... cry
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by symbianDON(m): 9:06am On Oct 22, 2016
MtuMsuper:
Dear Nigerians,

your write up is quite assuming, derogatory and reeks of arrogance. that quite a few Nigerians are breaking the law in Kenya doesn't mean every Nigerian in kenya or any other country for that matter goes around with intentions to break the law. if I may ask, do you know how many Nigerians go in and out of Kenya on a monthly basis? going legally and returning as supposed? I have been to Kenya and I have quite a few friends who are Kenyan and I never broke any immigration laws neither did I go to hustle or take advantage of your 'electricity and water taps or internet'. nigeria is a country of 200million people and so it is wrong on every ground to judge us based on the failure of 25 people who have chosen to break laws. and oh! let me quickly remind you that kenyans do have shortcomings too.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by ezechueze(m): 9:07am On Oct 22, 2016
OK
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by hollywater: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2016
Nigeria don suffer. Even Kenya dey reject us.

2 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Fhowe: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2016
Nigeria high commission wake up has Nigeria become this low from my findings I heard these Kenyan people are collecting money for visa extensions and granting this extensions so why are they harassing and deporting Nigerians our government has been failing us since God knows when .
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Lovelynature(m): 9:13am On Oct 22, 2016
Lol... Kenya?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 / A Final Year Student Of Oscohtech Died From Accident Today (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.