Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues (25087 Views)

Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban / Robbery: We Didn’t Review Visa Validity For Nigerians –UAE / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Coldplay89(m): 11:42am On Oct 22, 2016
Drlaw:
Be honest the most expensive cars and good houses in kenya is own by women not to talk of single mothers Nigerian men married many wives because we always capable and we don't run for our responsibility I don't meaning to disrespect a person like u that's logical in reasoning but to say the fact most kenya men can't withstand anyone been successful than them I have lived here and I know this I have a couple of Kenyan male friends when we are together they always amazed how we treat women and this where you guys have lost it. Most of us living here just enjoy the company and motivation of your women unlike Nigerian ladies ... I will talk about that later. .
And let reason it this way if anyone has not commit crime saying been in the country when their visa elapsed is absolute violation of free will of human right since they didn't come in illegal kwani what is the mean if "neutralization"?
I wish u could back up such arguments with some proof. Throwing around such claims without backing them up with some evidence only makes u sound like a complete pillock.

3 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by SalomonKane: 11:46am On Oct 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The gods are wise cheesy

PS: We have the potentials to challenge countries like Austria and UK, but we have consistently mismanaged it to the point that we are only slightly better than countries like South Sudan and Somalia
That's because of people like you, who largely celebrate fools and corrupt individuals and spread half truth just to deceive the un suspecting foolish multitude.

2 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Exciton(m): 11:47am On Oct 22, 2016
I've read the entire thread. Kenyans are shitting over us and the truth is that we've got no valid rebuttal.

It's time to face reality.

The country has gone to sh!t because old bigoted f00ls with little or no ideas are left in charge. They focus on politics (corruption), religion and culture instead of development. The education sector is as good as dead. Billions of dollars spent and the result is zero infrastructure and countless excuses for failure.

Our leaders are raising a 180 million strong army of illiterates. If this continues, famine, war and poverty will become the norm.

However, Kenyans are wrong to single out Nigerians and say crap about us. Healthy competition and cooperation is the only way forward.

3 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 22, 2016
texaco1:

There will soon be unprovoked attacks on Nigerians in Kenya by Kenyans ,it is better Nigerians living there start watching themselves and start taking extra caution in Kenya .this statement by the immigration is a subtle go ahead for Kenyans to pinpoint and identify Nigerians for attacks
This cannot happen. There are many foreign nationalities in Kenya, even from outside Africa. In fact, millions and contrary to misguided illusions, Kenyan's are hard working and mind their business. A xenophobic attack will not happen.

It's wrong for the immigration to single out one people and it's likely because of recent incidents of drug trafficking, etc.

That said, I used to know a Norwegian national who just went to the airport to renew his visa every three months. It's not complicated. The airport is a pretty straight forward Place. But when you depend on agents to do it for you they may take advantage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by ghostmist: 11:53am On Oct 22, 2016
MtuMsuper:

If you really must know, there is an increase in unsavoury looking and acting characters from your country over here. And there been a correlative and causative element to upsurge in e-crime to their presence.
I live in a place where a Cameroonian man who has married a local runs a liquor store, and he is the most down man you will ever find. No shady dealings, cool guy who talks endlessly about football. He eats ugali and barbecue like a local and tries to get involved in local issues. His Swahili improves by the day. Such a man we adopt as our in law as well as a African brother. Ugandans in our midst are as old as the stones, we don't notice them. Ethiopians,Somalis and the horn brothers we are wary of, but then again their countries are not livable (well excepting Ethiopia ) and they know they are guests so they dont go around trying to transform the place into liitle homelands abroad. Your people however, along with south Sudanese, stand out as rude and disrespectful. Change that.
If you live on the wrong side of the law, expect it to catch up with you.
see what envy is doing to you...?

now, we are a proud people, get that into Kenyan skull... if Nigerians In Kenya transform their abodes into little homelands, what exactly does that remove from you? how is that your business in the first place? why must they act like Kenyans before you deem them acceptable?? can't you guys just let them be?

All I see here is envy and jealousy... nothing else.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 22, 2016
MtuMsuper:

If you really must know, there is an increase in unsavoury looking and acting characters from your country over here. And there been a correlative and causative element to upsurge in e-crime to their presence.
I live in a place where a Cameroonian man who has married a local runs a liquor store, and he is the most down man you will ever find. No shady dealings, cool guy who talks endlessly about football. He eats ugali and barbecue like a local and tries to get involved in local issues. His Swahili improves by the day. Such a man we adopt as our in law as well as a African brother. Ugandans in our midst are as old as the stones, we don't notice them. Ethiopians,Somalis and the horn brothers we are wary of, but then again their countries are not livable (well excepting Ethiopia ) and they know they are guests so they dont go around trying to transform the place into liitle homelands abroad. Your people however, along with south Sudanese, stand out as rude and disrespectful. Change that.
If you live on the wrong side of the law, expect it to catch up with you.

You are right about the South Sudanese. Then the moment they briefly get a country they start killing Kenyan's there. Nkt.

3 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Coldplay89(m): 11:57am On Oct 22, 2016
philip0906:

[size=13pt]
During my last visit to Kenya, here is what I figured out
1. Kenyan men hate Nigerian men because Nigerian men are confident and your girls throw themselves around Nigerian men
If we really hated Nigerian men as u claim, then there really would be no Nigerian people living in this country as now, for we would have long harassed them and forced them out of this country. But here they are, living as free men without anybody disturbing them.
2. Kenyan men are generally lazy men and so feel intimidated by a well doing Nigerian man.
Not trying to sound petty, it's what is easily verifiable by anyone [/size]
Generally lazy and drunk really? U are insane. How then does this country survive with such derelicts running its economy?

If u Nigerians were really as industrious as u believe, then with all the mineral resources Nigeria is blessed with, the big able bodied population, the arable lands......Nigeria today should have been in the league with the likes of Brazil, Indonesia,SA or even Korea. Rather than Nigerians migrating to other countries like Ghana, Kenya and SA for greener pastures, the other way round should instead have been happening today- Kenyans moving to Nigeria for work and studies.

3 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Coldplay89(m): 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2016
efilefun:
forget we got this kinda roads in naija also... been to Kenya spent a week and I can tell you not all roads look like what you have there.... show me a pic of roads in ur remote areas also
Kenyan Roads and Highways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_9CtFrQEU4

U are welcome.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Laple0541(m): 12:01pm On Oct 22, 2016
God have mercy ooo, even little kenya too don de form Vandame forn naija.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by zeongeon: 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2016
I am "Nigerian" and not a proud one. I don't see anything wrong with what the Kenyan brothers are saying on here in fact the Kenyan brothers should continue to tell us the bitter truth...Yes...Nigeria is a write off and its spilling on its citizens.

Kenyans are lazy? so what....does it stop them from getting the necessary amenities, infrastructure, economic and educational policies we can't boast of as a country called Nigeria (shit hole). If they deport Nigerians nothing wrong, its there country and they worked and paid to get it to where it is after all didn't we send Ghanaians packing.

Kenyan brothers please continue to tell us the bitter truth...continue...so that we will come to know that a country isn't built on nepotism, tribalism, religious bigotry, selfishness, wickedness and e-bashing.

For Kenyans and other African countries to boast of things like electricity, railway, roads, good education, internet, water etc...and we have nothing to say than there men are lazy and the women like Nigerian men just goes to show how much of a sewage tank the Nigeria is turning into.

Nigerian youths go on...continue to support, bash and kill one another for politicians that has given other countries the right to mock and spit on your face.

In the 70s and 80s African countries looked up to Nigeria but now they look down at us and use us as a foot mat...that's why every little thing around the world they use Nigerians as scape goats.

Nigeria if you can't manage yourself as a country restructure or disintegrate.

12 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Drlaw(m): 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2016
Coldplay89:
I wish u could back up such arguments with some proof. Throwing around such claims without backing them up with some evidence only makes u sound like a complete pillock.
It's a fact that you see around yourself.... perhaps from you guys been lazy you most of you are impotent and the way your women are giving birth for Nigerians I guess in the next 10yrs the Nigerian born kids there will be approximately half of your population. Isn't that not a proof that you see around? At least 8 out 10 Nigerian that enters kenya in last two years have kids. Kwani you never heard of that.? I don't want to mention but there some places women own the most houses there and when u drive around town ain't you seeing for yourself. How many women do you see been a junky like your men who wanders around Uhuru park in working hours., been dead drunk at City Stadum round about just to mention a few.

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by MtuMsuper: 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2016
ghostmist:

now, we are a proud people, get that into Kenyan skull... if Nigerians In Kenya transform their abodes into little homelands, what exactly does that remove from you? how is that your business in the first place? why must they act like Kenyans before you deem them acceptable?? can't you guys just let them be?

Kenyan nairalanders living in 9ja, add your voice, we need balance..
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Coldplay89(m): 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2016
Drlaw:

It's a fact that you see around yourself.... perhaps from you guys been lazy you most of you are impotent and the way your women are giving birth for Nigerians I guess in the next 10yrs the Nigerian born kids there will be approximately half of your population. Isn't that not a proof that you see around? At least 8 out 10 Nigerian that enters kenya in last two years have kids. Kwani you never heard of that.? I don't want to mention but there some places women own the most houses there and when u drive around town ain't you seeing for yourself. How many women do you see been a junky like your men who wanders around Uhuru park in working hours., been dead drunk at City Stadum round about just to mention a few.
Okay.....
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Coldplay89(m): 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Kenyan nairalanders living in 9ja, add your voice, we need balance..
Kenyans living in Naija? Naija of all the places!

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by MtuMsuper: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2016
Drlaw:

Have you ever had a physical confrontation with a Kenyan?

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Coldplay89(m): 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2016
ghostmist:

Kenya is not targeting those Nigerians living in the country. As long as they are here legally, engaging in legitimate businesses and activities, nobody would disturb. They are at liberty to live their lives here the way they so wish. Those freedoms are guaranteed in our laws.

But here we are talking about the Nigerians flouting our laws, ie staying in the country without the proper documents, running illegal businesses, peddling drugs and other contrabands, raping our women as it happened recently

Nigerian Thugs Rape Policewoman

Kenyan Female Partygoer GANG-RAPED By 6 Nigerians In Umoja

.......why shouldnt Kenya take action against such miscreants?

And then what is annoying here is that u people interpret all this to mean that Kenyans are jealous and intimidated by Nigerians....what a pack of nonsense! Are not there other nationalities living in Kenya......from overseas living large and taking our women? We are only singling out the Nigerians? This is a very myopic way to look at this.

3 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by lozanni(m): 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kenyanstar:
KENYAN ROADS
We have seen the roads, pls show us your slums.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by MtuMsuper: 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
Coldplay89:
Kenyans living in Naija? Naija of all the places!
hehehehe inaitwa sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by teaser101: 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2016
dunkem21:
Imagine, common Kenya kwa sad

Tonyebarcanista is right about Kenya dwarfing Nigeria in all ramifications angry

Kenya wey their only natural resource is 10,000km race angry
. Lol
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Drlaw(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Have you ever had a physical confrontation with a Kenyan?
Yes its was almost horible. When I first got to Nairobi there is this young man selling njugu (groundnut) in front of popular bar in embakassi west. I approach him buy ground nut and this is our conversation I can never forget in my life and that's when I have noticed we are not welcomed here.
I told this guy pls do you have 500ksh change if I buy njugu for 30bob, immediately he heard my accent. Replied that do you think this Nigeria why would you be asking me question and I was even trying to calm him down saying I just want to know so that it won't bring argument the next thing he said was I don't sell for Nigerian go away with a punch on my chest. I feel tears in my eyes now remembering that day because all men around there were just laughing I swear such thing can't happen in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria to any foreigner. I know how many foreigner I adopt before I left Nigeria. Kenyan men are just cruel.....

3 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Coldplay89(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2016
lozanni:

We have seen the roads, pls show us your slums.

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Coldplay89(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
Drlaw:
Yes its was almost horible. When I first got to Nairobi there is this young man selling njugu (groundnut) in front of popular bar in embakassi west. I approach him buy ground nut and this is our conversation I can never forget in my life and that's when I have noticed we are not welcomed here.
I told this guy pls do you have 500ksh change if I buy njugu for 30bob, immediately he heard my accent. Replied that do you think this Nigeria why would you be asking me question and I was even trying to calm him down saying I just want to know so that it won't bring argument the next thing he said was I don't sell for Nigerian go away with a punch on my chest. I feel tears in my eyes now remembering that day because all men around there were just laughing I swear such thing can't happen in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria to any foreigner. I know how many foreigner I adopt before I left Nigeria. Kenyan men are just cruel.....
Gosh! We regret that incident. That man was insane or something.

3 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Drlaw(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
Coldplay89:
Kenya is not targeting those Nigerians living in the country. As long as they are here legally, engaging in legitimate businesses and activities, nobody would disturb. They are at liberty to live their lives here the way they so wish. Those freedoms are guaranteed in our laws.

But here we are talking about the Nigerians flouting our laws, ie staying in the country without the proper documents, running illegal businesses, peddling drugs and other contrabands, raping our women as it happened recently

Nigerian Thugs Rape Policewoman

http://thevillagessuntimes.com/2016/10/05/police-finally-man-who-raped-defiled-minor-in-the-bush/ How about this? It's of recent. Can't compare how Dom and draft your men are. Compare to party goer what do you expect.? And in most cases some are frame up ok!

Kenyan Female Partygoer GANG-RAPED By 6 Nigerians In Umoja

.......why shouldnt Kenya take action against such miscreants?

And then what is annoying here is that u people interpret all this to mean that Kenyans are jealous and intimidated by Nigerians....what a pack of nonsense! Are not there other nationalities living in Kenya......from overseas living large and taking our women? We are only singling out the Nigerians? This is a very myopic way to look at this.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by enomakos(m): 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
claremont:

I have been to your country twice to train your KDF on skills which they deploy against the Al Shabaab militia. I have also met many Nigerians in Nairobi and Nanyuki working hard earning a legitimate living, some of them even employ Kenyans in their businesses. I'm a Nigerian (albeit based overseas), don't tar all Nigerians with the same brush.
thanks you sir that guy have huge hatred for nigerians
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Drlaw(m): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
Coldplay89:
Gosh! We regret that incident. That man was insane or something.

But I have make all of them my friends I know if u re in Roman u must behave like them I can tell you I row with them as if I am Kenyan now even they can't point me as ur immigration is trying to instigate your citizen against us.... I am free man.... let me tell you another good side though.. there was a time I feel like my income can't foot my rent and I approach my landlord that I will like to quite due to that reason the man honorable said hey oga I know you don't owe I can pardon you a bit till u arrange urself. Imagine but such person are rear kumbe he's a kukuyu man.

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Coldplay89(m): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
claremont:

I have been to your country twice to train your KDF on skills which they deploy against the Al Shabaab militia. I have also met many Nigerians in Nairobi and Nanyuki working hard earning a legitimate living, some of them even employ Kenyans in their businesses. I'm a Nigerian (albeit based overseas), don't tar all Nigerians with the same brush.
Yet u are not able to wipe out Boko Haram? They siezed huge swathes of your territory, almost actually establishing a caliphate there, were it not for the intervention of your neighbors.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by MtuMsuper: 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
Drlaw:
Is the confrontation you had with this random groundnut seller a basis for judging all kenyan men? Silly as his response was,, is it any sillier than declaring all kenyan men impotent in your response earlier? Or about all properties being owned by single women living in sin with nigerian men?

2 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by enomakos(m): 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2016
gypsey:
Absolutely! if nigerian men claims to be hard working unlike kenyan men, i wonder why they are running to kenya, why not stay in nigeria and show how hard working they are by building nigeria up like kenya, grin i don't get it it's laughable grin grin
who is running to kenya?how many nigerians are living in kenya sef?

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Coldplay89(m): 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
Drlaw:

But I have make all of them my friends I know if u re in Roman u must behave like them I can tell you I row with them as if I am Kenyan now even they can't point me as ur immigration is trying to instigate your citizen against us.... I am free man.... let me tell you another good side though.. there was a time I feel like my income can't foot my rent and I approach my landlord that I will like to quite due to that reason the man honorable said hey oga I know you don't owe I can pardon you a bit till u arrange urself. Imagine but such person are rear kumbe he's a kukuyu man.
No, there are a lot of good, considerate Kenyans. They are not a rare specie. It is such nasty people....like that fo.ol that bullied u like that that are quite rare, and I am sure that most Kenyans would have been appallled by his behaviour.

I do not think however u are telling the complete story about that incident tho. Werent there any Kenyans that intervened and told off that guy? Really, nobody did anything to defend u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"This Video Depicts The Daily Lagos Life. 2 Different Fights In 1 Minute" / Governor Sanwo-Olu Visits Plane Crash Site, No Casualties (Pictures) / Isawo Road, Lagos In Worst Condition (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.