Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? (945 Views)

For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? / 11 Things You Must Know Before Your Parents Clock 50 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by aolumaxi(m): 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2016
As kids, being asked to go n check wat the time says was difficult for many even after several teachings on it...

how did u learn it and wat was ur experience like?

Mine was pretty much eaay, think I mastered it around primary 3 or thereabout... all tnx to mathematics exercise

Oya share urs too
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by Marvel1206: 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2016
Primary 6 angry the thing cum belike magic grin
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by Dyt(f): 5:11pm On Oct 22, 2016
Seriously
I can't seem to remember

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
Primary 4

Always had a nack for maths.

Was shocked my twin was slow in learning that
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by jeff1607(m): 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
mine wasn't funny @ all, had to stand on a stool with tears and catarrh running through my nose while mama was brandishing the cane, any error in time telling, my mouth no fitn't talk. Anytime I see dat wallclock till now I still look behind me to check if mother is there. Can't really remember the time but it should be either pry 2 or 3.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by aolumaxi(m): 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
jeff1607:
mine wasn't funny @ all, had to stand on a stool with tears and catarrh running through my nose while mama was brandishing the cane, any error in time telling, my mouth no fitn't talk. Anytime I see dat wallclock till now I still look behind me to check if mother is there. Can't really remember the time but it should be either pry 2 or 3.
lol.. u get luck say u quick learn tho
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by dayleke: 10:38pm On Oct 22, 2016
Pry 2 or 3.
My uncle showed me and my 2 elder sisters pepper...
Never knew I was gonna survive it.
He even threatened to withhold our dinners then...
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by rennylaw(m): 10:44pm On Oct 22, 2016
Primary 2...after serious tutelage including beatings from my mom grin
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 12:21am On Oct 23, 2016
You are bringing back negative nostalgic feelings. I learnt how to say the time at quite a young age, thanks to my father. But this happened after he nearly skinned my back with some hard "cablewires". I will never ever forget that day. The kind of flogging wey my papa give me, fit turn olodo to genius.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by Olasco93: 2:36am On Oct 23, 2016
Before I understood the reading of the clock really took me some time. I learnt it the hard way through different levels of illegal konks and knocks on my head, as if my head was a gate then.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 23, 2016
Lmao @ these responses about receiving beatings grin grin grin when learning how to tell time.

I believe it took me a few weeks to learn. A tutor taught me (my mom's friend's son). I was puzzled at first but I got the hang of it in no time. He was very patient with me and took his time to teach me. He didn't yell at me once nor beat me. I wonder what the man does now. I'll always be grateful to him for teaching me how to tell time. Thank you, Uncle Tunde!

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 23, 2016
It was a very challenging period.
I used to stand in front of the clock with my big eyes and big head...I knew I couldn't screw it up.

So, I had my own system.
I did the long hand and short hand thing.
I would say Aunty, the long hand is at 8 and the short hand is at 3...but, it looks like the short hand wants to be going to 4 grin. Na 20mins to 4 be that.

Even as a teen, I avoided those wrist watches without markings...lols. I preferred digital wrist watches.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by ftmum: 11:26am On Oct 23, 2016
Hmmmm

Mine was not a funny experience oooooo. I think I was in primary 3 and my younger brother was in primary 1. My dad would always ask me to go and check time and I'm was lucky my big brother who was in secondary school just came back from boarding school, he was on hols. I will just ask him what the time was and he would tell me .......I will run outside to tell my dad, my dad would smile and say good girl grin.

But one day, one very day cry kiss kiss cry cry. My big brother has gone back to school and my dad called me to go check the time .......chaiiiiii. .....I waited and waited in front of the clock looking at the long and short hand I don't know how to say it and then I heard my dad called my younger brother to go and check the time as well saying he doesn't know what is keeping me since morning grin grin. Na so me and my brother stood in front of the clock oooooooooo for hours cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked. Dad came in and noticed what's was going on......

u can tell the rest of what happened to us shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by aolumaxi(m): 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
im sure lalasticla has a funny xperience with it too
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by luciouscookie: 1:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
PaperLace:
It was a very challenging period.
I used to stand in front of the clock with my big eyes and big head...I knew I couldn't screw it up.

So, I had my own system.
I did the long hand and short hand thing.
I would say Aunty, the long hand is at 8 and the short hand is at 3...but, it looks like the short hand wants to be going to 4 grin. Na 20mins to 4 be that.

Even as a teen, I avoided those wrist watches without markings...lols. I preferred digital wrist watches.
grin grin grin Hope your kids are not like you lol.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Master The Clock N Wat Was Ur Xperience Like? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
luciouscookie:

grin grin grin Hope your kids are not like you lol.

lol.
So many things I hope(d) for , make I follow you dey hope sha.

(1) (Reply)

MMM: A Curse Or A Blessing / Made In Nigeria Bags / I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.