Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,633 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal (5238 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer / ASUU Strike: "No More Dialogue: Strike Continues" - ASUU Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by 9ijaprince(m): 7:46am On Oct 25, 2009
Believe me. Post Ume has really improved the standard of tertiary education in nigeria. Those that cheated during Ume exams find it difficult to make it in the post ume exams. My only advice is that it should not be expensive as it has now turned to an avenue of making money by university authorities.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by Obinoscopy(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2009
Isn't it not the lecturers who conduct the post-UME? Why are they now going against it? I guess ASUU was not happy why Post-UME was conducted in many Universities while the strike was going on that is why Prof Awuzie came out with that statement.
And to set records straight, the post UME does notdeny JAMB the powers to grant admissions to students. It only serves as a guide which helps the universities to compile list of worthy candidates which are sent to JAMB who finally grants admission to the students. Even before the Advent of Post-Ume University authorities do send names of worthy candidates who made up to their cut-off for JAMB to grant admission. So whats all the noise by ASUU. As regards the Unified Exam system introduced by JAMB, I concur with Prof Awuzie on his opinion.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by okechukwu3: 9:46am On Oct 25, 2009
Let them abolish the post exam fast and lets know when it is taken effect,because schools are already extorting money from the would be first years in order to earn them admission.

This is a plus to ASUU.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by olatwo(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2009
INDIFFERENT
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by HomeBoi1: 10:40am On Oct 25, 2009
As for me, this is all arrant nonsense. They should leave it the way it is.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by cvibe: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2009
There wouldn't be any need for Post UME if the quality of education being received at secondary school level is something to write home about.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by TheSeeker(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2009
Everything in Nigeria is about making money. Who are the ASUU? They are the same people conducting the exams though from different schools.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by greateliso(m): 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2009
its tym we do away with post ume stuff
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by mrofficial(m): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2009
I'm gonna write ma Post-UME in Ekiti this Thursday. Won't they stop it? I guess it does not include the jambites of this year. Abi?
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by Nezan(m): 9:58am On Oct 26, 2009
Na today ASUU come realise?
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by yonybanta(m): 10:43am On Oct 26, 2009
JAMB has complained so much in the time past on the conduct of this PUME but ASUU did nothing about it, i pray that i will do something about this good for nothing PUME which only frustrate intending candidates who may at the end of the day will not be able to get admitted into those universities.

Imaging the Senate of University of Jos regarding their recent PUME as illegal because it was conducted by private ICT firm when they were on strike while forgetting the fact that the POST UME itself is illegal.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by otukpo(f): 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2009
I support ASUU, Post UME is illegal and a means for some of the uni to extort jambites.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by 2rhyme(m): 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2009
men, my broda 55gal, na truth u talK? all diz yrs wer ASUU dey, dis Post U.M.E of a tin has made so many young people enroll in continous education, 4instance a friend of mine just recently left 4 ghana 2 study, u can imagine, dey 've left our education in d dark.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by oyinlaifa(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2009
Well to me, i don't think is a good idea of removing P.UME exam. Because it helps to fish out the unserious student. And in the other way is good in the sence that it reduce money, Men people are happy.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by mrtidy(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2009
Its really sickening that a country so blessed as Nigeria is riddled with corruption from every facet. the most painful thing is we struggle with things that just a single policy properly enforced can take care of. The same Office/body who gave JAMB the power to conduct exam for entrance into the university got up and approved a post exam for entrance into the same university!!!! if JAMB is not efficient why don't you scap it and set up a different one instead of making life harder for those who want to go to school in a country with ones among the worst graduates in the world. Instead of encourging education you are now making it inaccessible.
Its heartbreaking that the same story with the Nigeria oil is told in the educational sector, Nigeria rich with oil and yet amongst the poorest in the world, Nigeria has the brightest minds in the world yet one of the poorly educated nation in the world.
When are we getting out of this Mr. Lecturer turned president??

That Mr. of education should go back to Ebonyi state, There are rice farms there for him to work in!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by vislabraye(m): 1:47am On Oct 27, 2009
mrtidy:

Its really sickening that a country so blessed as Nigeria is riddled with corruption from every facet. the most painful thing is we struggle with things that just a single policy properly enforced can take care of. The same Office/body who gave JAMB the power to conduct exam for entrance into the university got up and approved a post exam for entrance into the same university!!!! if JAMB is not efficient why don't you scap it and set up a different one instead of making life harder for those who want to go to school in a country with ones among the worst graduates in the world. Instead of encourging education you are now making it inaccessible. Its heartbreaking that the same story with the Nigeria oil is told in the educational sector, Nigeria rich with oil and yet amongst the poorest in the world, Nigeria has the brightest minds in the world yet one of the poorly educated nation in the world.
When are we getting out of this Mr. Lecturer turned president??

That Mr. of education should go back to Ebonyi state, There are rice farms there for him to work in!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, thats just my point. They are all bunch of confusionist who are trying to deceive themselves.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by sayso: 7:27am On Oct 27, 2009
any difference
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by Valendo: 7:52am On Oct 27, 2009
Not only post ume or post nonsense but also pre degree programme.Thesa are meant to exploit innocent citizen.Imagine the pre degree programme,it will surely affect the intake of the ume candidates.Pls they should be destroyed
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by lewisky(m): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2009
POST UME SHOULD NOT BE SCRAPED.THOUGH IT MIGHT NOT BE 100% TRANSPARENT ,IT IS BETTER THAN JAMB.
50% OF CANDIDATES CAN CUT CORNERS IN JAMB,BUT THAT MUCH IN POST JAMB CANNOT.NO SCHOOL IS READY TO LOOSE ITS INTEGRITY ADMITTING DULLARDS AS MUCH AS 50%.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by olayhincar(m): 8:12am On Oct 27, 2009
This Is The Right Way ASUU, Pls I'd Like ASUU to follow Up on these.Those Universities are using us to make money when they know the people they are going to admit already due to the Rubbish Indegeneship they call it.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by lawrence83: 8:19am On Oct 27, 2009
Sitting on the fence on this.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by GeorgeD1(m): 8:31am On Oct 27, 2009
looks like they are tired of collecting egunje from hapless students. grin
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by stancozy(m): 8:42am On Oct 27, 2009
Now, who are the ASUU and Pume authorities? These peeps are just playing cracked prangs on their stupid selves. . Aint ASUU a Union Of All University Lecturers Union? Its means they are calling what they started Illegal thereby indicting theirselve with the tag of Illegality. . I know the politics behind the Pume is fading away thats why they are all looking for means of terminating it. . Wtf ! angry
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by deewhy009: 8:51am On Oct 27, 2009
i support it too, its even better for dthe student to have a one way direct admission because there they pass through a lot of stress, if they want to have the jamb examination alone or post jamb alone,
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by ichommy(m): 8:53am On Oct 27, 2009
yes post jamb should be canceled
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by Ben13: 9:05am On Oct 27, 2009
Was it that ASUU was sleeping all this years
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by ud4u: 9:37am On Oct 27, 2009
Let them uphold one and leave the other, because poor people are over spending their money. Accept for the fact as they want to make schools only for the rich.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by fuke(m): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2009
Ben-10:

Was it that ASUU was sleeping all this years

I agree with you. Where were they and why now when their pay had just been increased.
  No be ASUU members de conduct the exams?

I guess they are paying back the FG for their raise as the government has been against the post UME all along
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by Nezan(m): 10:35am On Oct 27, 2009
Ehn??
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by kokoA(m): 10:40am On Oct 27, 2009
when will these guys just keep quiet for God's sake?!
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by hamsfat: 10:46am On Oct 27, 2009
JAMB should b cancelled and universities allowed to conduct their exams which may differ in time but not in requirement.This will not only make the Nigerian university an ideal one but give candidates chances of applying to many schools at a time.This is my view.
Re: ASUU Declares Post-UME Illegal by mrperfect(m): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2009
Let things be done in a such a way it will always favor the masses

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LOL! See 7 Funny Tweets About Nigerian Schools (with Pictures) / 10 DEADLY WEAPONS OF THE MIDDLE AGES[PHOTOS] / Wurola Zaynab Who Married A Senator, Governor, Oni Of Ife & Arab Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.