Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? (5608 Views)

Poll: Is Oil a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria ??????

Yes: 73% (17 votes)
No: 26% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Aig-imoukhede, Chair Of Presidential Panel On Subsidy Verification, Is Oil Cabal / Is Oil Really That Important To Our Economy / Is Oil A Curse Or A Blessing To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by Theblessed(f): 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2009
mr.official:

After all, you didn't say anything about it.

[b]Yes, I did!  If you look closely, you'd noticed I interjected briefly where I said, that it is a blessing and not a jamb question. Sensed you'd prefer I say more on this topic? Well, its really annoying saying much to deaf ears when Nigerians could not even do any thing to rid themselves of these SUCKERS!! We are a nation of BIG MOUTHERS and DO NOTHINGS - that's what we are known for. 

If 'twas a case or topic involving women wanting EQUAL Rights from men/society, y'all would have been up in arms displaying your machismo and querying who gave us right to talk. wink wink wink wink wink. Now, I challenge you all (who call yourselves MALES) to show the same venom by physically going up to Abuja and drag Yar'dua and his henchmen onto Nigeria's HOT SEAT to answer the people instead of shouting women down when they ask for their rights. So, go show your male ego at Abuja Capital and let the world see, you can actually change the Country instead of talk, talk and more talk.grin grin grin grin

Anyway, Nigeria's oil is really a BIG, BIG BLESSING and God knew why he endowed Nigeria with this resource. Not because, Nigeria is Righteous country but because Our Heavenly Father knows she deserve it else, it wouldn't have been allocated to Nigeria. It would have been given to another country but unfortunately, it seemed cursed by tribalism, religious differences, inefficient and talentless leaders lacking creativity and foresight.

You see, none of these leaders have achieved anything they can be proud of, in Nigeria let alone on the International platform. Since they are not proud of themselves, how could they be proud of their own country in order to seek her better future.

They don't love themselves and can not love our beautiful Nigeria blessed with OIL, SAND AND SEA + MORE, MORE AND MORE!!!. Very sad, indeed! sad sad sad sad sad sad sad cry cry cry cry cry cry
[/b]
Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by POSAKOSA1(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2009
my eyes undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by asunaobi(m): 7:20am On Oct 26, 2009
Fhemmmy:

^^^^ and the oil has been able to effect changes to lives?

In countries that know what they are doing and occupied by real human beings, YES!
Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by Nezan(m): 10:13am On Oct 26, 2009
It has been a blessing, only that the blessing has been misused to the benefit of a few.
Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by cassidy(f): 10:42am On Oct 26, 2009
In school i was taught that "OIL IS THE DEVIL'S EXCRETA"
Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by tourmaline(f): 12:48pm On Oct 26, 2009
Nigeria is country blessed by God. The leaders are just allowing the crumbs touch the masses. Oil is a blessing and will be more blessing if and when utilised well.
Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2009
Moderator plz change the poll question, the question should either be curse or blessing and not both in one question.

Oil has and always been a blessing to Nigeria, however, it wasn't and still is not managed properly. Nigerian leaders misused her blessings for their own benefit.
Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by otukpo(f): 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2009
Oil is a curse in Nigeria's case
Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by atunbigeoj(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2009
Well, as most people pointed out it is not the oil that is the curse but the leadership of this country although they are not d ones par say constituting the problems at hand but a the spirit that lives in them as they have sold their souls to d devil and he his d one controlling their affairs.The Bible says when the righteous rule the people rejoice but since these ones have chosen d part of destruction they will continue that way until there is a divine intervention.I pray God will help us out.As 4 those in power causing the common man pain they shall also experience pain unlimited.In yoruba"Olopa e wo ni tepe" u may say, but my heart grieves as i type may God give Nigerians succour
Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by mansmith(m): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2010
you poll is meaningless but the topic is a good one
Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by EzeUche(m): 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2010
Oil is a curse. It is the glue that keeps us together. If it wasn't any oil, then I bet the Yoruba and the north would go their separate ways and would not give a dammn about the fictional South-South.
Re: Is Oil A Blessing To Nigeria? by Uchek(m): 12:33am On Jun 28, 2010
Such a dump question?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach / Breaking News - MASSOB Member Shot Dead By Nigeria Soldier In Port-Harcourt / VIDEO: See How Kogi Gov. (yahaya Bello) Was Stoned In His State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.