Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. (6023 Views)

Fuel Shortages To Hit Nigeria In Three Weeks – Seplat CEO / Economy May Rebound From June, Says Bank Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by fabolousmi: 10:05pm On Oct 26, 2009
Oh. Please. U people shld leave the man alone. I'm just satisfied that some1's head is rolling. What economy did they stimulate with other people's money? Can't U people see the opulence that the CEO's are living in on some1 else's hard work? Sanusi go on o jare
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by kell4eva(m): 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2009
If it is in a country were d rule of law is working rightly, they all deserved any punishment thats meant 4dem, just like what happend to Madoff
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by fabolousmi: 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2009
Abi O my brother. Aah aah. Anyone who says Sanusi is pursuing an agenda, more saliva to their mouth. As long as people are getting punished for doing all the wrong things, its fine by me. Its only in Nigeria that people talk about witch hunt. Will there be one if U're not a witch?
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by mbulela: 11:23pm On Oct 26, 2009
i will only entertain all these arguments the moment anyone can prove to me that the CEOs were not guilty of all the crimes that Sanusi accuses them of.
until then, these arguments are baseless.
i share Sanusi's sentiments;these guys and women deserve to be hung on a stake and shot.
even Sanusi knows that our compromised judiciary will end up given these crooks a slap on the wrist.
i have said it before, Sanusi is fighting a lost cause but if he succeeds in putting the fear of God in the hearts o those crooks, all the better.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by Lagosboy: 12:07am On Oct 27, 2009
mbulela:

i will only entertain all these arguments the moment anyone can prove to me that the CEOs were not guilty of all the crimes that Sanusi accuses them of.
until then, these arguments are baseless.
i share Sanusi's sentiments;these guys and women deserve to be hung on a stake and shot.
even Sanusi knows that our compromised judiciary will end up given these crooks a slap on the wrist.
i have said it before, Sanusi is fighting a lost cause but if he succeeds in putting the fear of God in the hearts o those crooks, all the better.

Same feelings here it is the judiciary i feel will put spanner in the crushing wheels of sanusi. I hear Akingbola had a court action in his favour today. The same judiciary that gave Bode george 2 yrs might give this rogues 6 months in prison while madoff in the states got life jail for fraud. If this ceos are convicted of fraud and deception as well they should b sentenced to life behind bars angry Bastards they are!!
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by vislabraye(m): 3:41am On Oct 27, 2009
I don't understand why people in NL are criticizing the achievement of Sanusi. He spotted out something that wasn't right in the banking sector, and people start complaining. I hears someone say something like " is it the fault of the bankers if their depositors don't pay?. Some people say the CEOs did nothing wrong, May be you guys donnot know the magnitude of the FRAUD these bankers had been committing. For instance it was said that the CEO of Oceanic bank acquired a property for about 18million dollars in the name of the bank, and later spent several millions on renovating the same property. It was a very messy deal.
And ofcourse they'd been borrowing money from the bank using fronts. These same people would give a small banker target; go and bring 10billion naira. They dont want 2 know how it is done. Just do it.
I just hope sanusi profers a very good solution
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by naijaking1: 4:35am On Oct 27, 2009
vislabraye:

I don't understand why people in NL are criticizing the achievement of Sanusi. He spotted out something that wasn't right in the banking sector, and people start complaining. I hears someone say something like " is it the fault of the bankers if their depositors don't pay?. Some people say the CEOs did nothing wrong, May be you guys donnot know the magnitude of the FRAUD these bankers had been committing. For instance it was said that the CEO of Oceanic bank acquired a property for about 18million dollars in the name of the bank, and later spent several millions on renovating the same property. It was a very messy deal.
And ofcourse they'd been borrowing money from the bank using fronts. These same people would give a small banker target; go and bring 10billion naira. They dont want 2 know how it is done. Just do it.
I just hope sanusi profers a very good solution

Apart from what Sanusi has been going around telling people, can you prove this?
I say PROVE IT, or let the courts trial and convict them, or simply shut up. You cannot become an echo chamber for Sanusi on this thread, we're no fools.
Just prove it, or wait for the court embarassed
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by FBS: 9:28am On Oct 27, 2009
The genesis of the problem of this country is in it's creation. It was a forced marriage. A nation that was not meant to be and that is why, no matter who is at the helm of affairs. . .his/her actions, aim, objectives, goals and achievements will ALWAYS be viewed from a tribalistic point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pro SLS (at least for now) and I'm not against the man. What got my attention was this:

Everything people talk about – process, fair hearing or that what we did was dramatic and all that – have you ever heard anybody talk about the fact that there was N300 billion bad loans? No one has said that. We published the names. Nobody has said that Ascot does not owe Intercontinental N45 billion or that Ascot has paid. The records are there. So, if Intercontinental Bank has bad loans of N333 billion, how much capital does the bank have? - SLS
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/24/clampdown-on-banks-god-would-not-have-forgiven-me-if-we-did-not-strike-%e2%80%94-sanusi-lamido-sanusi/

The above makes sense to me and you will agree that truely, no one has come out to say otherwise.
Question is do we now say in order to protect a few "rich" men we should allow the country to rot away?

My concern however is this, what happened to the report of the other banks audited. Why are they yet to be published?
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by tushbobo(m): 11:05am On Oct 27, 2009
Most of the responses are immature.Sanusi's comment was figurative and underlines the extent to which the greed has of these CEO's have caused damage to the economy.A lot of people including me lost almost all their shares running into millions because of these gluttonous CEO's.If it was in developed economies they would have been sentenced accordingly.For those who say they have not been found guilty,who cares?we have gotten to the extent of using law to cover up justice.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by BluMalam(m): 11:10am On Oct 27, 2009
naijaking1:

Apart from what Sanusi has been going around telling people, can you prove this?
I say PROVE IT, or let the courts trial and convict them, or simply shut up. You cannot become an echo chamber for Sanusi on this thread, we're no fools.

_I HAD RESORTED TO ONLY READING POSTS FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS OR MORE, BUT AS RESULT OF SOME IRRITATINGLY HYPOCRITICAL POSTS I HAVE READ ON THIS THREAD….I'VE CHANGED MY MIND_

_What better proof do u want besides the FACT that shares in the affected banks bought by Nigerians with their hard earned money are TOTALLY WORTHLESS, the banks now belongs to CREDITORS,

Do u know that a certain CEO paid 10 YEARS RENT OF 800 MILLION NAIRA ON A PROPERTY WORTH 50 MILLION NAIRA owned by his own DAUGHTER

The collective blood pressures of shareholders in these banks can power turbines to produce electricity for Nigeria for the next 70 years grin

They should be SHOT; limbs first, then two for each buttock, four in the abdomen and six in the chest. Maggots! angry_a
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by POSAKOSA1(m): 11:27am On Oct 27, 2009
Blu Malam:

Do u know that a certain CEO paid 10 YEARS RENT OF 800 MILLION NAIRA ON A PROPERTY WORTH 50 MILLION NAIRA owned by his own DAUGHTER

They should be SHOT; limbs first, then two for each buttock, four in the abdomen and six in the chest. Maggots! angry_a

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by citizenY(m): 11:28am On Oct 27, 2009
They will never learn. You know what habitual critics are following the popular maxim

AVOID HANGOVER, STAY DRUNK
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by ProAnti: 11:33am On Oct 27, 2009
Blu Malam:

_I HAD RESORTED TO ONLY READING POSTS FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS OR MORE, BUT AS RESULT OF SOME IRRITATINGLY HYPOCRITICAL POSTS I HAVE READ ON THIS THREAD….I'VE CHANGED MY MIND_

_What better proof do u want besides the FACT that shares in the affected banks bought by Nigerians with their hard earned money are TOTALLY WORTHLESS, the banks now belongs to CREDITORS,

The collective blood pressures of shareholders in these banks can power turbines to produce electricity for Nigeria for the next 70 years grin

Too harsh, I must say.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by POSAKOSA1(m): 11:35am On Oct 27, 2009
why pay all that much rent if he can buy land and build a house ?! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by ProAnti: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2009
naijaking1:

You will give yourself high BP if u continue this way.
Forget about SLS and the bank CEOs. They'll settle themselves someday.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by BluMalam(m): 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

why pay all that much rent if he can buy land and build a house ?! undecided undecided undecided

The rent is not for a house, it's to serve as an office for one of the bank's subsidiaries, the CEO was paying on behalf on the bank.

Put simply, he rented out his daughters building to his bank, paid 800 million UPFRONT as rent for 10 years, and the property is worth 50 million. Do the math.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by POSAKOSA1(m): 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2009
Makes sense, his daughter owns the location that was rented out to the bank ?
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by BluMalam(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

_GBAM!_
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by graceade(f): 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2009
God please help us in this country is this hw some pple think, to be comfortable and see yur fellow former bank collegue die.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by Mune: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
Yeah!! He is absolutely right! The mata f, kers deserve to be on a staircase to heaven.Corruption is evil,it has the power to destroy all ya. How i wish we are in China.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by Mune: 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2009
graceade:

God please help us in this country is this hw some pple think, to be comfortable and see yur fellow former bank collegue die.
Poetic justice,hope you know what it means?
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by emiemi(f): 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2009
The guy has used an idiomatic expression for what he felt should be those culprits' punishment.

We need to deal with indiscipline and corruption with a reasonable punishment hence some folks
won't desist.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by naijaking1: 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2009
Blu Malam:

_[b]What better proof do u want besides the FACT that shares in the affected banks bought by Nigerians with their hard earned money are TOTALLY WORTHLESS, the banks now belongs to CREDITORS,[/b]

A bank worth 5-6 trillion naira, Sanusi claims he injected 100 billion naira, less than 10% of the bank's value, now you tell me the "injector" or creditor now ownes the bank? Why don't you just go commit highway robbery.

I will no longer elevate you people's salacious allegations of wrong doing/corruption/crime as stated by Sanusi with a response, since you don't believe in waiting to convict an alleged criminal before executing them. I certainly don't belong to that primitive islamic modus operandi.

Pro Anti:

You will give yourself high BP if u continue this way.
Forget about SLS and the bank CEOs. They'll settle themselves someday.

The news today is that shareholders of Union bank has sued Sanusi and CBN, because according to them, he was not qualified to be CBN governor in the first place. It's also alleged that he took his de-marketing campaign against Union bank as FSN MD to CBN as governor. Let's wait for everything to unravel in court.

POSAKOSA1:

Shamelessly repeating Sanusi as if his words are gospel.

emiemi:

The guy has used an idiomatic expression for what he felt should be those culprits' punishment.

We need to deal with indiscipline and corruption with a reasonable punishment hence some folks
won't desist.

If you think that was an idiomatic expression, then I would think that you're blind.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by Lagosboy: 12:11am On Oct 28, 2009
naijaking1:

A bank worth 5-6 trillion naira, Sanusi claims he injected 100 billion naira, less than 10% of the bank's value, now you tell me the "injector" or creditor now ownes the bank? Why don't you just go commit highway robbery.

I will no longer elevate you people's salacious allegations of wrong doing/corruption/crime as stated by Sanusi with a response, since you don't believe in waiting to convict an alleged criminal before executing them. I[b] certainly don't belong to that primitive islamic modus operandi. [/b]

Gentleman pls respect yourself and dont say things u dont know especially blanket statements against a faith. You might disagree with sanusi and i respect your opinion but to call his statement "primitive islamic modus operandi" is a grave inuslt to the religion of islam which is not sanusis but of 1.75 billion people. No where in islamic law does it say a criminal should be punished without conviction in a court. Sanusi statement could be termed woteva but pls dont drag islam into it. Why is it when a muslim talks he his judged by his faith, when soludo was in power did anyone remmember him or analyse his statments from a catholic microscopic view? Please be matured enough to articulate your difference without emotional religious bias and falshood against a faith.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by POSAKOSA1(m): 12:13am On Oct 28, 2009
naijaprincess is just blabbing his blobbing much like rickycock does grin grin grin grin
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by naijaking1: 12:46am On Oct 28, 2009
Lagosboy:

Gentleman pls respect yourself and dont say things u dont know especially blanket statements against a faith. You might disagree with sanusi and i respect your opinion but to call his statement "primitive islamic modus operandi" is a grave inuslt to the religion of islam which is not sanusis but of 1.75 billion people. No where in islamic law does it say a criminal should be punished without conviction in a court. Sanusi statement could be termed woteva but pls dont drag islam into it. Why is it when a muslim talks he his judged by his faith, when soludo was in power did anyone remmember him or analyse his statments from a catholic microscopic view? Please be matured enough to articulate your difference without emotional religious bias and falshood against a faith.

Sanusi's background as an "Islamic scholar" is the only putative reason for not only his falsely puritan approach to banking reformation in Nigeria, but the main reason why he can't even wait for the accussed CEOs to be tried and convicted before taking them to the shooting range to be executed.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by naijaking1: 12:48am On Oct 28, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

naijaprincess is just blabbing his blobbing much like rickycock does grin grin grin grin
Have you tried those juju experiments we gave you yesterday?
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by coolG: 4:33am On Oct 28, 2009
Blu Malam:

What is the 'fact' you are referring to? Which shares are worthless? What was the price of the shares the day before the announcement? Was it worthless on that day? This is the kind of statement that worry me a lot. You blame your bad investment decision on other people who also made bad investment decision. Besides, one would think that if you were so angry about the "irrational hypocrisy" on the forum, at least you will be more astute in your writing. Rather you chose to blur the line between loss in value and worthlessness. How can your shares be worthless when none of those 5 bank's shares is trading less than 3 naira? Unless you presuppose that share prices must be in continual upswing and that there is no risk in investment in shares, i don't see why you should join 'others' in 'irrational hypocrisy'.

You also alleged that property worth 50M was rented for 800M over ten years. I'm curious, do you the location of the property?

Your statement that they should be shot is over the top. CBN has levelled their allegations, it is left for the court to decide which is fact. Anybody in authority can peddle misinformation but the court eventually decide where the truth lies. If the court did not hear the Savanna bank case, we would not have known that the day CBN said they were insolvent, the bank has balance with CBN in excess of 1B. This was the basis of returning the bank's license. So, you might want to be guarded in your statement.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by coolG: 4:47am On Oct 28, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

That is, if you believe the outlandish allegation.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by okunoba(m): 6:00am On Oct 28, 2009
Sanusi and  ethnicity

Yoruba`s

"In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.
The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January.

For so many years, the Yoruba have inundated this country with stories of being marginalised and of a civil service dominated by northerners through quota system. The Federal Character Commission has recently released a report which shows that the  South-West accounts for 27.8% of civil servants in the range GL08 to GL14 and a full 29.5% of GL 15 and above. One zone out of six zones controls a full 30% of the civil service leaving the other five zones to share the remaining 70%. We find the same story in the economy, in academia, in parastatals.

Yet in spite of being so dominant, the Yoruba complained and complained of marginalization. Of recent, in recognition of the trauma which hit the South-West after June 12, the rest of the country forced everyone out of the race to ensure that a South-Westerner emerged, often against the best advice of political activists.

I say all this, to support Balarabe Musa´s statement, that the greatest problem to nation-building in Nigeria are the Yoruba Bourgeoisie. I say this also to underscore my point that until they change this attitude, no conference can solve the problems of Nigeria. We cannot move forward if the leadership of one of the largest ethnic groups continues to operate, not like statesmen, but like common area boys.

The Igbo Factor and the Reasonable Limits of Retribution.

The Igbo people of Nigeria have made a mark in the history of this nation. They led the first successful military coup which eliminated the Military and Political leaders of other regions while letting off Igbo leaders. Nwafor Orizu, then Senate President, in consultation with President Azikiwe, subverted the constitution and handed over power to Aguiyi-Ironsi.  Subsequent developments, including attempts at humiliating other peoples, led to the counter-coup and later the civil war. The Igbos themselves must acknowledge that they have a large part of the blame for shattering the unity of this country.

Having said that, this nation must realise that Igbos have more than paid for their foolishness. They have been defeated in war, rendered paupers by monetary policy fiat, their properties declared abandoned and confiscated, kept out of strategic public sector appointments and deprived of public services. The rest of the country forced them to remain in Nigeria and has continued to deny them equity"

SANUSI THE BIGOT

I find this article to be bias, when did Awolowo become the whole Yoruba elite and besides he was only charged with planning to overthrow an elective government of Nigeria, A charge that was more politically motivated.

The Igbo people leading the first coup, how can u equate the action of a few Igbo army officers to the whole Igbo race

How could he have missed the most important issue that split the country and was responsible for the death of millions, The killing of Igbo`s  by  Northerners  was Nigeria`s first ethnic cleansing/genocide, yet he failed to mention it. What did the  Northern leaders do when thousands of Igbo`s were being killed 4 nothing other than being Igbo. What did his family being from the royal house of Kano do to stop the killings, absolutely nothing.

Sanusi is nothing but an Islamic bigot, and there is no doubt in my mind he his envious of the south, hence his war on the Bankers who are mostly southerners. I am not against his attempt to cleanse the banking sector, but it`s the manner in which his going about it, if the have done anything wrong take them to court and let the courts decide. 4 him to say the deserve to be shot 4 giving out loans in properly is crazy and can only come from a sharia influenced person, similar to amputation 4 stealing according to sharia law.

Our leaders might have staged or attempted the first coup in Nigeria, but they have never sent their people on a killing spree of other ethnic groups because of their beliefs. Can the northern leaders say the same?

A man with such bigoted view should not be a national leader in any capacity, in a civilise country he would never have been appointed to such positions. Only in Nigeria.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by TheSeeker(m): 6:01am On Oct 28, 2009
Sanusi is an official agbero - an agbero in suit
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by FBS: 8:18am On Oct 28, 2009
We are all still revolving round the same issue. Nigeria was never meant to be. Fingers will always be pointed 'cos no one is ready to accept the blame and move forward.

As for SLS, whatever might be his agenda, we can only wait and see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ajaokuta Steel Mill To Start Production Next Year. / How To Make Online Payment Easy For Customers / Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.