Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,034 members, 7,828,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? (24039 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online / Rev Lucy Natasha: Bodyguards, Security Details Of Kenyan Female Pastor (Photos) / Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Lordkratus(m): 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
seeing people's comment I'm actually ashamed of being a christian.
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Braingold: 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lordkratus:
guyyy I dey shame for you. the level of foolishness is like doctor without borders it knows no bound

This one you know how to measure foolishness in people are you a mumu meter?
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by vislabraye(m): 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
holatin:
Gud morning and happy sunday.
It has come 2 my notice that a lot of pastor now have bodyguard, and the only question dat crept into my mind is:

What is a pastor scared of?

Let go back to the time of jesus, even with how the pharisee,tax collector and idol worshipper hated him, he never resort to human protection but God's.

The reason for creatiing is to ask ur view concern pastor bodyguarding.

That is Bishop Idahosa of Illumination Assembly, Badore/Ado road along with Bishop Ayo Oritsejafor. Abi do you worship there too ?
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Lordkratus(m): 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Braingold:

This one you know how to measure foolishness in people are you a mumu meter?
I actual designed one.its easy by their post you sha know them

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by gregyboy(m): 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Christ Desciples were not bodyguard they were just is follwers who he teahes i will prefer to call them his student they just did few works that made people think he was bodyguarded nw adays do bodyguards take over from der pastor
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by gud4dbest(m): 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
feelings1:
If Jesus used 12 disciples/bodyguards during his time how much more mere mortals. I don't see why pastors cannot use more.
when do their so called 'disciples' sit under them to be tutor like pupils?...stop making blasphemous analogy!
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by vislabraye(m): 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
esuLAAROYE:

Men of Man like Papa Iron Oritsejafor are prisonEr in their own freedom. I am no surprise to see the picture of the bling bling 2pac shakur Pastor on this tread.

Looking at his golden throne like that of Sultan of Sokoto is enough to criticize him and his ministry.

Yet he will tell his church memebers to cover their selves with the blood of Jesus while he soak himself in the midst of Armed Mobile Police. Anyway, they always have a verse in the bible to back up their wrong doings.

Let me digress a little. What's the meaning of your username ? I caught my attention.
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Braingold: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lordkratus:
I actual designed one.its easy by their post you sha know them

Op one question. Do ambassadors do they have security? Don't government give certain top government workers security.? OK.
We are ambassadors of Christ. I don't know if you are Christian but me I want Body guards. David , Solomon and Abraham, Daniel, they had.
Op your Christianity is dulling.
but since you used to make mumu meter I'm sure you are well learned in mumulogy as for me I measure wisdom in people and there is no sense to your post. and I'm only replying cuz I want to save your mind.

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Boyooosa(m): 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2016
peacesamuel94:

really? so where did Peter get the knife he used in cutting off one of the ears of a Pharisee when Christ was about being arrested.
#YOUWIN. Devil can be physical sometimes, you know... grin. Lets give Oritsejafor a benefit of doubt, may be he will be able to remove a bullet from an enemy as a result of accidental discharge.
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by idesylvester(m): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
EyeofHorus:
angry Why not?

Pastors need 12 bodyguards each.

Don't you know Jesus' disciples were also his bodyguards
Chai, U Funny Pas Donald Trump, Shey Disciples N Bodyguards Don B D Same...Rembr Say Peter Denied Him After Al Him Gra Gra N Eat Cutin...Lwkmd
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Spidermon: 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
Oritsefemi and Oritsejafor.

Is there any difference?
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by peacesamuel94(m): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
Boyooosa:

#YOUWIN. Devil can be physical sometimes, you know... grin. Lets give Oritsejafor a benefit of doubt, may be he will be able to remove a bullet from an enemy as a result of accidental discharge.

Lol, Pst Ayo, oritsejafor was not my of focus, the point I was trying to make is that there is nothing wrong for pastors to keep bodyguards, as Long as their reasons of hiring them is genuine and Not for unnecessary display of extravagance.
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by phanshark(m): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
holatin:
It has come 2 my notice that a lot of pastor now have bodyguard, and the only question dat crept into my mind is:

Let go back to the time of jesus, even with how the pharisee,tax collector and idol worshipper hated him, he never resort to human protection but God's.

if buhari have them,then
,they too need it.even me,am requesting my own very soon.
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Even Christ was mobbed(that was what the woman with the issue of blood took as an advantage to touch him).Are you saying he didn't preach the true gospel?
He is the only one that was supposed to be mobbed cos he is the fullness of God in bodily form. He alone deserves this. Everyother person getting mobbed should be angry and rebuke people for that not getting armed men.

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by idesylvester(m): 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
tartar9:
Why not,even the lord of lowds needed bodyguards: Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37 He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death.Stay here and keep watch over me.(Matthew 26:36-46)
Bro Read Bible With God's Direction Abeg,watch Ova Me Doesnt Make Them His Bodyguard.He Said In D Bible That He Wil Nt Cal Them His Servnt,his Disciple R His Brothrs.So If U Ask Ur Brothr To Watch Ova U While U Do Stuf,he Wil Nw Turn 2 Ur Bodygard? Chai,omashe Oo
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Kbantin: 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Jesus christ had the 12 apostles as his earthly bodyguards then...if u read the bible very well..u will find out that goes abt with sword for earthly protection of Jesus christ...it was in bible dat after peter cut d ear of dat persecuter's .....Jesus directed peter to put his sword back in its sheath so as for subsequent protection...he dint ask peter to throw d sword away..

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Lordkratus(m): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
Braingold:

Op one question. Do ambassadors do they have security? Don't government give certain top government workers security.? OK.
We are ambassadors of Christ. I don't know if you are Christian but me I want Body guards. David , Solomon and Abraham, Daniel, they had.
Op your Christianity is dulling.
but since you used to make mumu meter I'm sure you are well learned in mumulogy as for me I measure wisdom in people and there is no sense to your post. and I'm only replying cuz I want to save your mind.
well just looking at your example up there shows how shallow your brain is.it is a pity u work monday to Saturday so you can provide security for ur pastor while u stay in your slum get robbed and your sisters raped and you finally get access to the internet after travelling several kilometers from your village,you come to nairaland see a post instead of you to reason with you brain you say no,you use your ass to think and spew trash all over the place.I would ask your community to put funds together to at least give you the basic secondary school education you so desperately need and hey least I forget.you are a shame to Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by billy187(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
tartar9:
Why not,even the lord of lowds needed bodyguards: Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37 He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death.Stay here and keep watch over me.(Matthew 26:36-46)

Please, what Bible version is your quote from?
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by buchilino(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
DID STEPHEN, PAUL, ANDREW ETC HAD BODYGUARDS WEN THEY SPREADING D GOSPEL. NOWADAYS WAT HAVE R NOT PASTORS BUT MERCHANTS OF DEATH.
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by peacesamuel94(m): 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
[quote author=Stupedinluv post=51277609] He is the only one that was supposed to be mobbed cos he is the fullness of God in bodily form. He alone deserves this. Everyother person getting mobbed should be angry and rebuke people for that not getting armed men.

As a Christian, I hope you know that you are a reflection of Christ, just the same way Christ is the fullness of God in bodily form, so also we are the fullness of Christ in bodily form so we can't help but command the authority he commands.

Christ sent us to do far greater than He did, to command greater attention than he did, which makes it impossible for us not to be mobbed considering the fact that you become a public figure.

Seeing ourselves as slaves and unworthy to attain celebrity status is a big contradiction to Christs Instruction to us : let your light so shine that men may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Haliraph(m): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
Question well asked. I have also been pondering over the same question in my mind.
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Braingold: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lordkratus:
well just looking at your example up there shows how shallow your brain is.it is a pity u work monday to Saturday so you can provide security for ur pastor while u stay in your slum get robbed and your sisters raped and you finally get access to the internet after travelling several kilometers from your village,you come to nairaland see a post instead of you to reason with you brain you say no,you use your ass to think and spew trash all over the place.I would ask your community to put funds together to at least give you the basic secondary school education you so desperately need and hey least I forget.you are a shame to Christianity.

First of all you are a fake prophet cuz I got no sister. 2nd I don't live in a slum I live in an estate and my pastor lives in another estate.....
if you think I'm a shame to Christianity I've not finished reading the bible but the only person that has ministry to accuse Christians is the devil.
I am using my brain to reason
pls do not come on nairaland whenever you are high from weed it affects reasoning.
I will bet that tmao morning when you read your post you will be surprised at what you wrote...
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Braingold: 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lordkratus:

First of all you are a fake prophet cuz I got no sister. 2nd I don't live in a slum I live in an estate and my pastor lives in another estate.....
if you think I'm a shame to Christianity I've not finished reading the bible but the only person that has ministry to accuse Christians is the devil.
pls do not come on nairaland whenever you are high from weed it affects reasoning.
I will bet that tmao morning when you read your post you will be surprised at what you wrote...
pls shift small from ur generator the sound its too much..

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Maximus85(m): 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
holatin:

They tell you to believe God can protect you. Yet they go in bulletproof cars, bodyguards and military protecting them. Do they believe in God's protection? Hell No!
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by southernbelle(f): 8:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lol, another twist.
I'm just getting to understand that Jesus' disciples also doubled as bodyguards, and so the issue of pastors having armed and fierce-looking bodyguards is justified.
How convenient!
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Lordkratus(m): 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
Braingold:

you haven't finished reading the bible and you are here quoting rubbish don't over use the privilege of the internet you got from the city and soon as you are done selling your harvested potatoes return back to the slum where you came from and also I doubt if you have ever seen an estate talk about living in one and your pastor after tasking all your income you generated from your petty farm trade he takes it to get himself and his family a cool apartment in an estate with security everywhere...smart man he is.keep basking in your ignorance boy.
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by ehinmowo: 8:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
I don't think that is a smart question to ask.
should pastors be bullied, molested or killed?
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Chukazu: 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
tartar9:

"it's watch with me "... why twist the scripture?
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Boyooosa(m): 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Lol, Pst Ayo, oritsejafor was not my of focus, the point I was trying to make is that there is nothing wrong for pastors to keep bodyguards, as Long as their reasons of hiring them is genuine and Not for unnecessary display of extravagance.
Its fun anyway. But am of the opinion that there is no need (call) for Armed Body Guards for Pastors or Men of God generally... My people say that: "Iwa omo lo mo omo shay okigbe"... meaning 'your character prompts you to seek traditional bulletproof'. As far as am concerned, if you believe in the security of God, security men will be useless. And if God says one (probably a man of God) will die thru bullet or assassination, he can never escape it. Munroe did not die peacefully na, and he was a (good) servant of God. As a believer (most esp. man of God, you should know that if peradventure you are being attacked or killed by human beings, the kingdom of His Highness should be more paramount to you, so whats the essence of security men? my view tho!

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Braingold: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lordkratus:
you haven't finished reading the bible and you are here quoting rubbish don't over use the privilege of the internet you got from the city and soon as you are done selling your harvested potatoes return back to the slum where you came from and also I doubt if you have ever seen an estate talk about living in one and your pastor after tasking all your income you generated from your petty farm trade he takes it to get himself and his family a cool apartment in an estate with security everywhere...smart man he is.keep basking in you ignorance boy.

From mumu meter to false prophet to Estate manager then food saler and then DSS in one night. what is your job? I'm suspecting you now... you are an E-ISIS ( internet ISIS) abi!
pls that you read the back of your bible does not mean you have finished reading it.....
Anyway , I'm tried of this you are charging your phone near generator , Carbon monoxide is not good for the body and you know fuel will soon finish...
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
Well.. if they do not have any faith or trust in their God, then they may need body guard and if they are also paranoid because they have been conning and telling lies to their congregation? Then they need even more body guard, and if they do not believe in what they have been preaching to the congregations themselves, then they need a batalion of army to protect them.

but wait o! If heaven is real as they ve been preaching ( telling lies) then why are they afraid to die and go to heaven Perhaps they do not believe heaven exist or they are not sure they will go to heaven tongue why are they putting their trust in bodyguards? Body guards are humans who can be destroyed too.
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
Any pastor with a bodyguard is a fucvking hyporcriticall cretin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Simeon Chinedu Ononogbu: My Wrong Super Falcons Prediction / 4 Members Electrocuted In Celestial Church Of Christ In Osun, Two Die / Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.