Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,977 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today (15902 Views)

Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry / Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by kidman96(m): 9:00am On Oct 23, 2016
R.I.P Sir.
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by rhames(m): 9:13am On Oct 23, 2016
May Almighty Allah have mercy on his soul and make him rest in peace.ameen.

Nigeria is yet to produce a prolific striker like this.
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by GoodSide: 9:27am On Oct 23, 2016
way back in the 90's.
i remember that scissors kick .
that was what we called it then.
but sure this guy legs were made of stone cause only his shots ehn..e heavy pass mike tyson own o.
he was so excited that he ran into the post and almost tore the net.
.some of my friends in primary school then we're always saying they want to be like rashidi yekini.

but death took away our legend.
our valauble striker.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ttteejazz(m): 9:29am On Oct 23, 2016
RIP to a legend. Rashidi yekini
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Xgull007(m): 9:44am On Oct 23, 2016
A true legend
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Rudboy360(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2016
steppin:

Indeed! He's a legend in the western part of Nigeria.
Overhyped player.
Hehehehehe! Pained Niccur How many has those from your Region scored? After Rashidi is Martins another from the West And Yakubu aiyegbeni..hehehe! Weep not blode grin

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by almustopha82(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2016
Score our first ever goal at the World Cup against bulgeria in 1994 u are a legend. I PLEDGE 2 NIGERIA MY COUNTRY. TO BE FAITHFUL LOYAL AND HONEST. DON'T SERVE NIGERIA WITH ALL UR STRENGH IF YOU DO U MIGHT BLAME YOURSELF IN FUTURE
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by DeRay98(m): 11:18am On Oct 23, 2016
JingoOAU:
The highest scorer for Nigeria in Green White Green....RIP

Since his retirement and death, I dnt know why Nigerian strikers has not been able to surpass his goal tally for Nigeria...Emenike and Obafemi Martins that we tot would, flopped in the end
The system that sharpened Yekini into an unstoppable goal machine no longer exists in Nig.
In mid 80's when he started from shooting stars, he could miss goals inside the 6 yards box. But consistent started with the German coach Manfred Hoener of Maroc '88, who taught him to build his skinny long legs muscles into powerful muscles was the beginning of his destructive and terror to defenders. Then he went African Sports of Ivory Coast and scoring abilities kept growing. He continued with coaching Westerhof who finally built a structure to feed him constantly.
When Sunday Oliseh was discovered and added to the team, who could feed him from the backline with a tailor measured, defence splitting pass. The opponents net was in trouble.
5yrs of constantly improving on their prev level took with Westerhof allowed the team to reach its zenith and no defence could stop them in world.
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Mjjordan(m): 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
MrMoney007:
and the stupid govt don't even care about his family.
Abi o..there is no day I pass by his mother house that I don't feel shame for our govt
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Worthie(m): 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
Hmmm...angry Rashidi Yekini....
R.I.P. LEGEND
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Almand: 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
MrMoney007:
and the stupid govt don't even care about his family.
His family especially his mun was responsible for his death
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Thundeh(m): 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
Continue to RIP gangling Rashidi Yekini
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by MrMoney007: 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
Almand:

Almand:

Can you open our eyes more on this so that we can preserve our pity.
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by purity22(f): 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
jaymejate:
Keep Resting In Peace.

And keep scoring goals in heaven

Is there football in heaven? Just want to know grin grin grin
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by adek6555: 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
RIP Legend,you are great
Re: Rashidi Yekini's 53rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by jeff1607(m): 8:19am On Oct 24, 2016
when will they put his celebration (grabbing the net) on FIFA/PES?
he won't be forgotten

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tokyo Paralympics 2020: Nigeria Gets Two More Medals In Powerlifting Event / Pictures From The Lagos City Marathon / Franz Beckenbauer Dies At 78

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.