Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Almost Perfect#nlwriters - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Perfect#nlwriters (230926 Views)

The Connection Is Now..( For All Nlwriters) / Aja 2 (story Of The Dogs) #nlwriters / Secrets #nlwriters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by remiseyi(m): 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
colik:
The moment I've been waiting for - Sly and Dupe♥
I'm less concerned about Funmi really...Right from the beginning she seemed too fake so I just scrolled through her part...Let her death be spectacular. smiley
Seriously;that would make a perfect ending.

I wish Dupe would fall in love with Sly...The real Sly,even with all his insecurities he still treats her better than that idiotic Uche did..

Let Uche spend the rest of his life with another woman so he'll forever be haunted by the memories of the gem he lost...

They cannot all have their happy endings...Can they?!
I'm just rambling..

Bibi;you're awesome! cheesy
You know that right?! wink

sly and dupe... ...
so uche is to be blamed when dupe stood him up ??, he is to be blamed when he's trying to fight what he thinks was his ?
all the memories should be scraped because Mr perfecto (sly) is in town ....
I don't know if that's how love ends in books, but in reality, love fights to be with each other even when both involved are trying to stay apart...
dupe agreement to be his girlfriend is out impulse, or pity for the loner... love don't go that way... uche is as innocent as it seems, his approach might be bitter, that's because he feels so that moment...

and funmi I guess she had that coming....

4 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by noblet2(f): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
bibijay123:
Dedicated to chommieblaq, lawlahdey, noblet2, swann, skarlett, Aitee1,

Thanks for the dedication dear. I didn't imagine this twist coming.

You're the boss.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by arosunshine(m): 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
colik:
I'm less concerned about Funmi really...Right from the beginning she seemed too fake so I just scrolled through her part...Let her death be spectacular. smiley

I wish Dupe would fall in love with Sly...The real Sly,even with all his insecurities he still treats her better than that idiotic Uche did..

Let Uche spend the rest of his life with another woman so he'll forever be haunted by the memories of the gem he lost...

I'm just rambling..

to u now uche is idiotic ? Tell me a single wrong he has done to dupe except to love her wholeheartedly ? She couldn't even wait to run into another mans arm using uche's mum as an escape route.

Bibi uche deserves to be happy.

Beautiful story u got here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Roseygold(f): 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
I know is nt funmi that poison mabel or mabel was d one poison herself. Why whould tade poison mabel is it because of mabel heritance? Madam bibi kudos to u

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by missuniverse(f): 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Tade dhe bhad boyy...

He obviously used Funmi's threat against her.

Moral Lesson:Mind the way u talk,be careful wat u say; u don't knw whu is listening or recording

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Chommieblaq(f): 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
bibijay123:

Lol I so love this chommie, let's wait n see grin

Yea baby

Am loving this story
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Chommieblaq(f): 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
Awww thanks for the dedication mami

Well done dear

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
bibi am loving this story
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Tife101(m): 6:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kabba!!!!.. Tade surely knows about the whole stuff. I feel sorry for Funmi. Madam Bibi, Funmi must revenge ooo. She's my best character tho.

Reunite Dupe and Uche. Dupe and Sly ain't compatible.

Welldone Madam Bibi. .
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
remiseyi:

sly and dupe... ...
so uche is to be blamed when dupe stood him up ??, he is to be blamed when he's trying to fight what he thinks was his ?
all the memories should be scraped because Mr perfecto (sly) is in town ....
I don't know if that's how love ends in books, but in reality, love fights to be with each other even when both involved are trying to stay apart...
dupe agreement to be his girlfriend is out impulse, or pity for the loner... love don't go that way... uche is as innocent as it seems, his approach might be bitter, that's because he feels so that moment...

and funmi I guess she had that coming....

Lol....I'm sorry if you were upset by my ramblings.

One of the reasons why romance often bores me is this - the endings are so cliche..
It wouldn't hurt to see something different once in a while and that's why I love Bibi..
With her,you won't know what to expect.

Yeah,yeah...Uche is the perfect man...That's your opinion.
I believe he's had his chance.
Sly deserves to have some happiness in his life..
Our opinions differ...let's see how it'll all play out.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
arosunshine:

to u now uche is idiotic ? Tell me a single wrong he has done to dupe except to love her wholeheartedly ? She couldn't even wait to run into another mans arm using uche's mum as an escape route.

Bibi uche deserves to be happy.

Beautiful story u got here

Oh now you're blaming Dupe?
How many girls would sacrifice so much for the man they love?
How many girls would endure such humiliation from a man's mother?

Why wasn't Uche honest with her right from the beginning?
She didn't use Uche's mum as an escape route as you so believe..

She deserves to be happy too.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by poksmahn(m): 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2406 please vote for my entry for the etisalat flash fiction competition. Use a Google chrome browser to open the link. Click on the blue bar to vote when the page opens. Thanks
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by arosunshine(m): 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
colik:

Oh now you're blaming Dupe?
yes
How many girls would sacrifice so much for the man they love?
many cus am a testimony
How many girls would endure such humiliation from a man's mother? my problem is that she endured until sly appeared then suddenly can't endure it any longer

Why wasn't Uche honest with her right from the beginning? please where did uche lied to her in the story

She didn't use Uche's mum as an escape route as you so believe..
well that's what i believe

She deserves to be happy too.
she deserves the dose she served uche

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
arosunshine;

I never said Uche lied to Dupe...I said he should've been honest to her right from the beginning..

Why didn't he talk to her about Cecilia before his mother chose to rub it in her face?
He deliberately kept that piece of information from her.
You think that was a wise move...right?

I'm sure you can recall when they vandalised her shop.She should've stuck with him until her last breathe...isn't it?
There's a limit to what anyone can endure in the name of love.

And jumping into conclusions when all Dupe and Sly shared was an innocent kiss?
What he said to her?
That was low...
You're entitled to your opinion anyway.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by remiseyi(m): 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
colik:

Lol....I'm sorry if you were upset by my ramblings.

One of the reasons why romance often bores me is this - the endings are so cliche..
It wouldn't hurt to see something different once in a while and that's why I love Bibi..
With her,you won't know what to expect.

Yeah,yeah...Uche is the perfect man...That's your opinion.
I believe he's had his chance.
Sly deserves to have some happiness in his life..
Our opinions differ...let's see how it'll all play out.

Romance bores me also... it is just that uche's plight stroke the chord that left me on the edge... dupe is supposed to be the reason to hope in love, or happiness, but not in the expense of uche's...
there is more to life than deprivation of the innocent'(s), irrespective of what he's going through...
well let's see how it goes
thumbs up bibi

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by arosunshine(m): 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2016
colik:
arosunshine;

I never said Uche lied to Dupe what's the opposite of honest ? ...I said he should've been honest to her right from the beginning..

Why didn't he talk to her about Cecilia before his mother chose to rub it in her face? Its his past and how is that a problem ?
He deliberately kept that piece of information from her.
You think that was a wise move...right? yeah

I'm sure you can recall when they vandalised her shop.She should've stuck with him until her last breathe...isn't it? uche wanted to get them arrested bt dupe refused, bitch been looking for excuse to run into sly waiting arms
There's a limit to what anyone can endure in the name of love.

And jumping into conclusions when all Dupe and Sly shared was an innocent kiss? innocent kiss u said ? If u catch ur bobo kissing another lady, and he tells u its an innocent kiss will u agree ?
What he said to her? put urself in his shoes nah
That was low...
You're entitled to your opinion anyway.. smiley yeah and i must Say : U ARE VERY INTELLIGENT smiley

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by shigo20(m): 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
MozB:
wow! What happened na? Did tade poison his wife? Or did they plan together?.
meanwhile somewhere in Nigeria one Dupe girl has accepted to be sly's girlfriend..

Nice one bibi
me think tade and mabel plan the whole thing...*nd funmi gan sef should ve save her parent this embarrassment coz its her parent that ll be most embarrassed....for dupe I think she bleeped up a lil bit coz I expect her to @least visit funmi in ghana before they sent her home....

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 16, 2016
bibijay123:
Dedicated to chommie.blaq, lawlah.dey, nob.let2, swann, skar.lett, Aite.e1
Thanks Bibi for the dedication smiley...

++++++
A part of me feels Mabel poisoned herself to get Funmi out of the way but i still suspect Funmi sha...

Dupe will break up with shark for sure. She and Uche are soulmates and a passing infatuation with Sly won't change that...

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
Chapter Sixteen

Dedicated to adefunk62, Rhayne, adetomdx, littlemistress, remiseyi, Colik, wane2, arosunshine.

Mabel

Tade kissed my lips softly, picked up his briefcase and walked out of our bedroom. I waited some seconds to be sure he had gone before I lept out of bed. I dialed Rose's number as I walked down the stairs.

" Hello Rose,"

" Hey Mama!" She shouted.

" Tade just left for work. You girls can come over now, please bring along with you some bottles of champagne.It's time to celebrate! "

" I got you covered" She replied.

I disconnected the call. My girls and I always had each others back. We fight, we cuss out ourselves but we always stick together. Thanks to them, they saved my home. I was too preoccupied with Mami so I failed to notice what Funmi was up to. She was slowly turning my daughter against me, she refused to let me speak to my child and by the time I realized it Serwa was long under her influence.

A mother would know when her child strays from the right path she had beaten for him. A hunter would know when his loyal dog strays far from him but you can never know when a friend turn against you. I knew I also had my short comings but I was a loyal wife and a good friend to Funmi. I don't deserve what she did to me.

I recognized the greed in her immediately I came back from the states. At first I thought she was simply being protective of Serwa but I soon realized that she wanted all what was mine. She wanted my life, my family and my home. She was also trying too hard to look like me! she made any hair style I made. She sneaks off to buy any outfit that I bought.

I tried to bring it up with Tade but he brushed it aside.Too quickly, like he was afraid if I dug too deep I just might find something. It wasn't how the Tade I knew would behave. His reaction coupled with the change in Funmi triggered my suspicion.I started watching them closely, I assigned Arianna to watch Tade and Rose to watch Funmi.

My detectives brought reports. Reports which tore my heart in two. I cried all night into my pillow, asking myself where I went wrong. Funmi had also succeeded in turning Serwa against me, I was gradually losing my family to her. I called the girls over,Rose also noticed the stain on the couch. We all peered at the suspicious stain on the couch, trying to decide if it was strawberry jam stain or blood. In the end, it was decided that It was her blood. Virginal blood.

Tade had slept with another woman under our roof. Not just any woman but someone I loved and trusted.Funmi, who I had given my love and trust had betrayed me. After crying for days, I mapped out what to do. I loved my husband and I didn't want to lose him to some naive country hick who doesn't even have the good sense to cover her trail.

First I dealt with her in my own way. I took her to a mall which was in another city, I made sure her purse was in my car and I left her stranded there. She looked so dusty and worn out by the time she made it back home. Another time, I mixed something into her drink and she almost popped out her anus. As for Tade, I think his conscience was killing him enough. He couldn't even look me in the eye since I came back. I decided to forgive him even though he doesn't deserve my forgiveness. He was a decent guy, Funmi probably took advantage of him in a moment of vulnerability. As a friend to Funmi, I could forgive her anything but as a wife I would make her pay for her sins. That was exactly what I did. Now she's out of my home and my life.

The girls trouped in, chattering loudly. We high fived all round before we popped open the champagne bottles.

" Come here, " Alicia said, hugging me.

The gesture brought tears to my eyes. Rose wiped away the tears streaming down my cheeks. We all sat down.

" This should serve as a lesson to us all." Arianna said." We should never leave our homes open to wolves."

" Thank you sweeties, I appreciate your help. Where's Gracey?" I asked.

" She has traveled to Italy. She finally decided to go see her husband since he's too busy to come here." Rose replied." I don't blame that Funmi girl, you awakened the demons in her."

I nodded my head. " That is why I paid her all what we owed her and I even sent her luggages back to Nigeria for her."

" Mabel you are such a good actress, you gave an Oscar deserving performance! Tade almost died of heart attack. " Arianna laughed.

" My home was at stake. I knew if I failed to convince Tade that Funmi was dangerous I could kiss my family good bye. She brainwashed my daughter! Serwa wouldn't even let me near her anymore." I said.

" How's she now?" Rose asked, lighting a cigarette.

" She has been a bit quiet but she's coming around. Last night, she begged me not to kill her! She said Miss Funmi said I would kill her. My poor baby has been through a lot because of my carelessness." I said.

" She will be fine." Alicia said. " What will you do about Tade?"

" I have forgiven him. When this blows over, we will talk."

"'Enough of the gloomy talk!" Rose said. " Mabel go put on some music, we need to rock."

" Speaking of rocking, there's a party tomorrow night at blaze's bar". Arianna said.

I laughed. " Count me out girls, my partying days are over. "
Sylvester

I laughed as my new girlfriend molded beach sand around my feet. Her soft hands touched my ankles sending a jolt of lightening through me.

" Sly, pull out your leg slowly." Dupe said.

I pulled out my leg out of the sand. She had built a castle which she named DuSly Empire. A wave of sea water washed towards us and destroyed part of the castle. Dupe moaned and tried to safeguard her castle with her hands but another surge of wave destroyed the remaining part of it. I couldn't help laughing at the expression on her face.

I pulled her up and kissed her soundly. " That is what happen when you build castles in the sand." I said, pulling back.

" Where should I have built it?" She asked."anyway that's the fun of it. I'll build a new one."

" No, no. I'm famished." I said.

She sighed, staring at the spot her castle was. My hand found hers and I gave it a gentle squeeze.

" I will take the drumsticks as compensation for my ruined castle" She said, smiling.

" No. I disagree. You were there when I was packing our picnic basket. You said you did not want drumsticks so I packed hotdogs for you."

We argued about the drumsticks until we found a cool shade to spread our mat. I opened our basket, we both set out our lunch. A whining sound caught my ears and I looked up. A small scrawny stray dog was staring at us.

" Look at that poor thing. I think he's hungry" Dupe said, she threw a hot dog for him. He sniffled it and ignored it.

I filled our wine glasses while Dupe tried to get the dog to eat the hotdog.

The dog was too choosy for a stray. He sniffled everything she offered him and ignored it.

" He's too choosy," I said.

"He has rejected everything I offered him. Maybe he wants drumsticks too" She said, looking at me expectantly.

I groaned loudly and picked up a fat juicy chicken thigh. The dog caught it midair and went to work on it. He hurriedly ate it and looked at me, his eyes glowing with excitement. Dupe was also looking at me adoringly. I sighed and threw the remaining piece of chicken for him. He gulped it down and sauntered off contendly.

" Ingrate" I muttered.

Dupe laughed and placed some of her hotdogs on my plate. I watched as she ate, savoring every bite and licking the tips of her fingers as she plucked each hotdog off her plate. I got the best deal, I thought.

TBC

18 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
arosunshine,

The opposite of honesty is dishonesty and being deliberately deceptive counts as being dishonest.
Ever heard 'bout 'lying by omission'?

The fact that Dupe was against their arrest proves how noble she is...She didn't use that as an excuse to run into 'Sly's arms'

Uche didn't 'catch' them.
That's what gets me...He should've trusted her enough to find out what actually happened.
Instead he took Annie's word for it and flew off the handle like an insane person.
What's love without trust?
Thanks for the compliment. smiley
****†****†****†****†****
Bibi thanks for the dedication. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by arosunshine(m): 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
colik:

The opposite of honesty is dishonesty and being deliberately deceptive counts as being dishonest.

The fact that Dupe was against their arrest proves how noble she is...She didn't use that as an excuse to run into 'Sly's arms'

That's what gets me...He should've trusted her enough to find out what actually happened.
Instead he took Annie's word for it and flew off the handle like an insane person.

babes u don win oooo smileysmileysmiley
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
Sly should enjoy this all while it lasts...

As for Mabel, I need to give her a high five...What an actress...

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by arosunshine(m): 8:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
Bibi thanks for the dedication.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by arosunshine(m): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
swann:

Thanks Bibi for the dedication smiley...

++++++
A part of me feels Mabel poisoned herself to get Funmi out of the way but i still suspect Funmi sha...

Dupe will break up with shark for sure. She and Uche are soulmates and a passing infatuation with Sly won't change that...

one of ur prophecies has come to pass remaining one.

Pastor swann smileysmiley

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
Chommieblaq:
Awe thanks for the dedication mami

Well done dear
Thank you dear

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
OMO1234567:
bibi am loving this story
Thank you, I keep forgetting to give u a mention. Will do so in d next update.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2016
arosunshine:

Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2016
[quote lipsrsealed author=arosunshine post=51094221]Bibi thanks for the dedication.

[/quote]

You are welcome sir grin

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 9:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
colik:
arosunshine,

****†****†****†****†****
Bibi thanks for the dedication. smiley

you are welcome grin

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2016
arosunshine:

grin
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by MozB: 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
colik:

I'm just rambling..

uche idiotic? Uche did nothing to her. He cherished her. Maybe Dupe didnt love him enough to stand by him despite what uche's mum did. It wouldnt have been easy tho. But is she going to keep running? What if she finds out something's not also right with sly? Uche is not an idiot.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
MozB:

uche idiotic? Uche did nothing to her. He cherished her. Maybe Dupe didnt love him enough to stand by him despite what uche's mum did. It wouldnt have been easy tho. But is she going to keep running? What if she finds out something's not also right with sly? Uche is not an idiot.

I'm sorry if me calling Uche an idiot upsets you.

I laughed out loud when I read this line - " Maybe Dupe didnt love him enough to stand by him despite what uche's mum did"

If there ever was a perfect woman I'm sure Dupe would be that woman.
I wouldn't put up with half the shït she put up with in the hands of Uche's mum.

She already knows there's something wrong with Sly.He's haunted by memories of his past...

Forgive me if my opinion differs from yours but I think we should just sit back and see what'll happen eventually.

I'm sorry once again if this upsets you but Uche is an idiot...A big one at that. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (70) (Reply)

The Thomas....(a Family) / Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.