Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,075 members, 7,852,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

Almost Perfect#nlwriters - Literature (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Perfect#nlwriters (231939 Views)

The Connection Is Now..( For All Nlwriters) / Aja 2 (story Of The Dogs) #nlwriters / Secrets #nlwriters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lawlahdey:
I am telling her naani... Bibijay, shey you hear sha angry

She will not comman answer us now Oh! angry

How can a whole Sly spend Christmas alone? undecided
Kolewerk!
We cannot accept that one oh!
We must be compensated. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by adetomdx(m): 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
What a Christmas!
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Eniqurl(f): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
nice one bibijay123

Tomorrow is my birthday, kindly dedicate tomorrow's chapter to me smiley
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by rachealfst(f): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2016
Finally, I caught up, I love this story, I was glued to my phone since morning @bibijay123 this piece is great, more grace, more wisdom and inspiration. And thanks for all the mentions. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by sheycrown(f): 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2016
This Funmi is just so delusional. Does she really think Tade would leave his family for her?? She needs to get back to her old sef, to think she even said a word of prayer in this last episode sef. Sly ehn, I reserve my comment. Let's see what Bibi has up her sleeves for ya! Well-done Bibi, more inspiration I pray.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by mirob(f): 7:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
Pls let Sly and Annie hook up for life
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
veekid:

Sighs; true, but it's too harsh to wish her bad. Let karma do
Loosing the baby would be the best Karma cheesy

Make Sly happy m'Lady abeg, at least him and Annie should work things out as tough as their situation is.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by veekid(m): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
jagugu88li:
Loosing the baby would be the best Karma cheesy

Make Sly happy m'Lady abeg, at least him and Annie should work things out as tough as their situation is.
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
* Continues*

Dedicated to Lleigh, Veekid, Barristertemmie, colik, mirob and Eniqurl

Dupe

I snuggled close to him on the king size bed. He wrapped his arms around me and I kissed him softly.He had been so quiet since we came back home from the hospital. We had taken him back to his mother's apartment because his job had been terminated at Dominique petroleum so he had to vacate his banana island duplex. He had been given a settlement pay of a hundred million naira and they had also settled his hospital bills. We still don't know if he had a chance of seeing again or not but I was content just to lay in his arms and listen to his heartbeat once again. It was a miracle.

Annie had also been so helpful but she had hastily disappeared after each visit. I didn't hear from Sly although I was tempted to send him a compliment of the season text but I didn't because I did not want to poke at any healed up wounds in his heart. My parents were also angry with me because I had gone back to Uche despite their warning not to.

They hadn't replied any of my messages but I knew they would come around. I couldn't get in touch with Funmi either, I heard she had returned and I was a bit saddened that she hadn't reached out to me. I could only hope her Christmas was beautiful.

" Uche," I whispered in the darkness.

" Yes" He replied weakly.

" I want to beg you two things. Promise you will grant it." I said.

" Sure, I will."

" Please make love to me now and I want to marry you, will you be my husband? "I proposed. " We can get married at a registry this week, Annie and your mom will be our witnesses."

" Dupe" he said solemnly." I am not the same person I used to be......I am b..."

" Shhh.....nothing has changed. You are still the same guy I fell in love with. Please say yes."

"I don't think I can manage love making and marriage is a lifetime thing......forever is such a long time and I don't think your parents will accept me."

" You taught me how to make love once before, let me remind you how to now, we will guide each other. Forever is only a start as long as I am with you. Please say yes."

He sighed roughly. His hands found mine and he gave it a gentle squeeze." Yes."

We guided each others hands, we explored our bodies until we reached our climax. The next day, we informed his mother of our decision to get married. She gave us her blessings but she was against a hasty registry marriage without the formal rites. She went to see my parents but they refused to grant us their blessings and she advised that we should wait until my parents came around. I had waited before and things had gone wrong, God had given me a second chance with Uche and I would not let it slip out of my fingers again. I went to the registry to find out the necessary things needed to do, I also informed Annie and three days later we exchanged rings.

" Congratulations dear," Annie said, kissing my cheeks.

It was a simple but beautiful ceremony and I was glad Uche and I were officially one. He looked so handsome in a butter colored tux, he had refused to use his blind stick so he held onto my arm for support.

Annie had gifted me the white flowing gown I wore, she had called her personal make up artist to do my make up and she had also booked a suite for us at a five star hotel for our honeymoon because Uche wasn't strong enough to travel out. I was surprised when my parents showed up and my mother pulled me into her arms. My father also blessed the both of us.

" Thank you Annie, what would I have done with you?"

She smiled and gave me a quick hug." Keep him happy for me please."

" I will." I promised.

" Dupe, your phone is ringing. " Uche called out.

I tied a towel around my form and hurried out of the bathroom. I took the phone from him and lifted it to my ear to answer the call. A man's voice came through, he introduced himself as the manager of a hotel

" Are you Miss Dupe?" He asked.

" Yes, Mrs." I corrected.

" Apologies ma'am. One of our guests took Ill and she's been admitted in a hospital nearby. She said you are her sister and she asked us to contact you."

" Are you calling me from Ghana?" I asked.

" Yes. Tema."

Oh my God. It was Funmi. Why did she go back there? " I am in Nigeria now. How do I get to Tema when I arrive? how bad is she?"

" I will forward the direction to you. Please do hurry up, I'm afraid she's in a very bad way."

" My God! thank you."

He dropped the call and I went to sit beside my husband on the bed. I placed my head on his thigh while his fingers gently caressed my face. It was our wedding night, I wanted it to be a perfect night for the both of us but the news of Funmi's illness had thrown a wrench in my plans. I couldn't be happy when my best friend was critically Ill. I had somehow failed her, no wonder she hadn't reached out to me before now. She must be feeling so alone.

" Who was that?" Uche asked.

" The call came from Ghana. Funmi is critically Ill " I replied.

" You have to go see her" he said. " Don't worry about me, I will be fine."

I sat up and hugged him. I didn't want to be apart from him even for one second but there was no other way out.

" I think Funmi is lost now and it may take a while for her to find her way back. I'd like to bring her to stay with us."

" If it will make you happy, then it's okay by me." He said.

" Thank you love" I said." Do you mind if we cut our honeymoon short? I'd like to go see her as soon as possible.

" Not at all, we have our whole lives ahead of us."

He was right. We had our whole lives ahead of us. A life that would be filled with love.

TBC

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2016
Eniqurl:
nice one bibijay123

Tomorrow is my birthday, kindly dedicate tomorrow's chapter to me smiley

Happy birthday in advance dear, no p abt that.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
colik:

She will not comman answer us now Oh! angry
How can a whole Sly spend Christmas alone? undecided Kolewerk! We cannot accept that one oh! We must be compensated. angry
lol I feel for him too

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by dominique(f): 10:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
bibijay123:

lol I feel for him too

As for me o, I have zero sympathy for him, he did take a life. Nothing justifies taking a life except if the person is a threat to your own life. He should have left vengeance to God.

Let's hope Funmi won't try and sink her claws into uche then try to kill Dupe
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by adebriana(f): 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Dupe is making a big mistake, Funmi might ruin her home too, probably because of jealousy. Uche's mom agreed for the wedding now cos her son is blind. Bibi, Pls make Uche see again, d compensation price is enough for surgery. Thanks for the update dear
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Barristertemmie(f): 11:07pm On Nov 20, 2016
Awww....I feel so honoured.Thanks for the dedication.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by remiseyi(m): 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
smileywhen it is right , you think selflessly .... that's love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Creeza(m): 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
bibijay123 Im sceptical about Dupe inviting Funmi into her home...

This is going to be a very long and rough ride,, I'm glued here... Just pray my bank account replenishes so I won't have to beg for data #God forbid grin
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 11:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
Bibijay thank you for the dedication. .

Wonderful piece. ...Funmi what is wrong with you?
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by veekid(m): 11:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
[quote author=bibijay123 post=51211643]
* Continues*

Dedicated to Lleigh, Veekid, Barristertemmie, colik, mirob and Eniqurl

Thanks for the dedication sweety.....
I hope Uche could later see with hz eyes Sha;
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Eniqurl(f): 1:47am On Nov 21, 2016
I don't trust this Funmi... She might ruin Dupe' home. Phew!

Bibijay123 thanks for the dedication! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 1:54am On Nov 21, 2016
Thanks for the dedication Bibi. smiley
I hope Dupe knows what she's doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 2:50am On Nov 21, 2016
Thanks for the update Bibi... I am not comfortable with Dupe asking that Funmi stays in her home oooo.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by Nobody: 4:47am On Nov 21, 2016
Hahahaha everyone is worried about Funmi staying with Dupe. Come on now guys, she wouldn't try to repeat herself now, or would she?

I just feel like she will be imposing on a new family, more especially one that has not really figured out a way forward about its routine, given that Uche has just been discharged. Let that Uche not commit suicide in Dupe's absence.

Happy birthday Eniqurl! Hope you enjoying your day

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by EpBerezi(m): 8:33am On Nov 21, 2016
Miss bibijay thank for the constant updates and always keeping thrilled and intrigued with your story. Patiently waiting for the next chapter. Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by olatex25(m): 9:07am On Nov 21, 2016
Hmm.. Nice 1 bibi...
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2016
Eniqurl:
I don't trust this Funmi... She might ruin Dupe' home. Phew!

Bibijay123 thanks for the dedication! smiley

Happy birthday sweetie, may you celebrate more years in grace kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2016
EpBerezi:
Miss bibijay thank for the constant updates and always keeping thrilled and intrigued with your story. Patiently waiting for the next chapter. Thank you once again.

You are welcome sir, thank you for reading my stories.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 10:33am On Nov 21, 2016
[quote author=veekid post=51216600][/quote]

You are welcome dear cheesy lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2016
Barristertemmie:
Awww....I feel so honoured.Thanks for the dedication.

You are welcome ma.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by flistyl(m): 11:24am On Nov 21, 2016
bibijay123:

You are welcome ma.

am still waiting for my own dedication, patiently.

Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by citydove(m): 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
noblet2:

Thanks for the dedication dear. I didn't imagine this twist coming.

You're the boss.
Thanks for the good work you have carried on doing in the absence of danieloy4 job thread. Are you on BBM? If yes leme know,am sure you would know who i am when that time comes
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by noblet2(f): 2:58pm On Nov 21, 2016
citydove:

Thanks for the good work you have carried on doing in the absence of danieloy4 job thread. Are you on BBM? If yes leme know,am sure you would know who i am when that time comes

aww, thanks embarassed

I just sent you a mail.
Re: Almost Perfect#nlwriters by purplegrandeur(f): 3:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
[i][/i]His baby sis was raped 2 death n his dad gt killed 4 a crime he neva committed,some oda guys wld kill even Anifat
dominique:

As for me o, I have zero sympathy for him, he did take a life. Nothing justifies taking a life except if the person is a threat to your own life. He should have left vengeance to God.

Let's hope Funmi won't try and sink her claws into uche then try to kill Dupe

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (70) (Reply)

Short, Witty Quotes! / The Thomas....(a Family) / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.