Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? (56796 Views)

SUV Carrying US Holiday Makers Plunges Into River In South Africa (Photos) / How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Any Nigerian In Georgia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by justwise(m): 10:20am On Jul 20, 2010
olubunmi80:

i think the poster is an igbo man (lol).they the ones spoiling Nigerians in south Africa. i was there for 3 wks last year on vacation and truthfully i didnt want to come back. i stayed in jo'burg and Capetown. the poster should have visited place s like sandton and he he wil see Nigerians working and living fine at malls like sandton mall and village walk, in Capetown Nigerians are also there living well and doing good.
infact my friend that i went to visit in capetown stays in a lovely estate where there are only two blackfamilies and they re Nigerians. the husband was transffered from the company he works for here and they live comfortably there.i asked her if i can relocate there , and she explained to me thats its not easy for you to just ease in there and start working, u will ave to first pay your dues just loke anywhere else in the world.
and after a while yur hard work will pay off . every Nigerian there is not a robber , a thief or 419. its only those who migrate for the wrong reasons that suffer. if you are insightful, u will see that SouthAfrica has good stores where u can buy things and come and ressell in nigeria . it will shock you that you can buy alot wt just $1000 in southafrica and you will make profit.at least thats wht i did. Nigerians should learn to do the right things to avoid sufferring in another mans land.

Is that only what ur empty skull can remember?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by olubunmi80: 10:33am On Jul 20, 2010
@justwise
sorry ! did i strike a nerve? you must be igbo then. lol anyways there's no need to get personal its just a forum. actually thot you were educated and exposed enough(from your posts i ve been reading from different fora ) to handle a criticism without you been overtly abusive. anyways just tell your brothers to take it easy wt the drugs and 419 thingy. lol its a pity but the truth is they form the greater majority of Nigerians all over the world been nabbed for the wrong things.
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by shilling(f): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2010
Funny question.

Well, from my experience: College professors, high school professors, legitimate business men, illegitimate business men (drugs, etc), prostitution too. . .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by justwise(m): 10:38am On Jul 20, 2010
olubunmi80:

@justwise
sorry ! did i strike a nerve? you must be igbo then. lol anyways there's no need to get personal its just a forum. actually thot you were educated and exposed enough(from your posts i ve been reading from different fora ) to handle a criticism without you been overtly abusive. anyways just tell your brothers to take it easy wt the drugs and 419 thingy. lol its a pity but the truth is they form the greater majority of Nigerians all over the world been nabbed for the wrong things.

I got no respect at all for any tribalistic cretin, yorubas and igbos are all in it, defraud/scam/419/yahoo yahoo are carried out by both tribes.

I just can't understand why some of you are quick to jump into tribal bandwagon each time issue like this is raised.

You think u are educated? Think again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by chyket(m): 5:53am On Jul 21, 2010
A LIZARD IN NIGERIA WILL NEVER TURN TO A CROCODILE ABROAD.WHETHER YOU ARE IN NIGERIA OR ABROAD,TRY AND DEVELOP YOURSELF TO A LEVEL WHERE PEOPLE WILL BE WILLING TO EXCHANGE THEIR MONEY FOR WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO OFFER.RUNNING ABROAD NEVER SOLVES A PROBLEM BUT IT POSTPONES IT.
IN 2004,I LEFT THE BANKING INDUSTRY FOR BUSINESS BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE BUSINESS DEAL DID NOT GO THROUGH,BUT THOUGH I HAD A VALID UK VISA I REFUSED TO MIGRATE ABROAD AND THINGS WERE SO TOUGH FOR ME THEN THAT AT A POINT I HAD TO BE SELLING INTERLOCKING STONES FOR SURVIVAL BUT IT DIDNT LAST FOR MORE THAN A YEAR.EVENTUALLY,I GOT A GOOD JOD IN AN AUTO COMPANY AND IN 3 YEARS I SOLD OVER 3000 VEHICLES THAT GAVE ME A LOT OF MONEY.
TODAY I HAVE MY OWN COMPANY AND I AM CURRENTLY IN THE US ON VACATION WITH A VISA THAT WAS ISSUED TO ME SINCE AUG 2008 WHICH I HAD NOT HAD THE URGE TO USE,I RELUNTANTLY USED IT NOW SO THAT IT WILL NOT EXPIRE WITHOUT MY USING IT.
EVERYMAN HAS A GREATNESS IN HIM BUT IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IN YOURSELF NOBODY WILL,I ALWAYS BELIEVE THAT ITS EASIER FOR US NIGERIANS TO MAKE IT IN NIGERIA THAN ANYWHERE ELSE.
I AM EVEN SO SUPRISED AT THE LEVEL OF POVERTY IN THE US CURRENTLY.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by karanne: 9:17am On Jul 21, 2010
@ Olubunmi80 thats such an interesting story you have there about your experience in South Africa. i would like to find out more about your view on South Africa. researchers88@hotmail.com
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by Yinkaboy: 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2010
Life is tough overseas in another mans land. The problem is the same whether in UK, SA, and US.  Not all Nigerians going overseas are the same, some are wealthier and have connections, degrees and others  do not, like not all fingers are the same. Many go overseas searching for the land of milk and honey finding pain and suffering. Its because they go overseas and think they can hussle or just overstay visa and there visit and life will be ok. It will not be.

So many Nigerians in the UK/SA are living in squalid conditions, money does not rain in dollars and sterling. It takes hard work. All these young guys think they have found the new trick, they end up being deported back to MM2, or worse like the thousands not hundreds, thousands locked up in prison.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by jot01(m): 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2010
@ Everyone,
One thing we need to know and understand when travelling is .

Where am i going ?
What do i have ?

You need to know if you're qualified and be patient you get a better Job or atleast something to do.

Not all Nigerians are into drugs or Fraud.

I am a Qualified estate agent and i work with one of the most Popular estate agent in South Africa which is a promising Job.

Lets know if you don't have any thing to do abroad it better to stay back Home,

So do not let us think traveling abroad is a bad one but just matter of understanding what you going to do there.

Thanks everyone,
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by morpheus24: 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2010
@jot01.

E be like say you just get job for SOuthy
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by jot01(m): 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2010
morpheus24:

@jot01.

E be like say you just get job for SOuthy

What does that Mean

People dey give us bad name and we dey cover up, now u dey insult your brother.

Na wa for you oooooo
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by classic7: 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2011
The guy that posted this is myopic nd knows next to nothing about naija landscapes, he needs to visit guguletu,kayamandi,khayelitsha nd other locations, then,he will surely remove this post
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by Dgbaiye: 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2011
This is a high level of ill-informed messages , South Africa is a great country. There is no place on earth you will migrate to without the readiness to spare some years to understand , i came to SA in 2004 , there were ups and downs with the indigens but after a while i understood their ideology about imigrants and i settled in, i am a proud owmer of nativityconcepts, sa in south africa , we are a braning , promotions and entertainment company and same are other nigerians who are my friends in UK , USA and Ireland , owning companies and access to resources abroad. There is no harm in staying in nigeria if it works for and likewise if taking a risk for a calculated better life overseas. thanks

Our work and project are on facebook ,

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by ojdollars(m): 10:31pm On Mar 08, 2011
@@ hadexman (m) , Bros Good Evening ooh, I think I would need your urgent Assistance, My Brother is in S.A , Got a good Job Offer and needs to get a Work Permit as soon as possible. Please help me intime, you can leave me your Phone Number please or your email so we can move on from there. Just need to know where he can go to in South Africa, Like the Office in charge of this Work Permit. Thanks

Onoriode L
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by ogaadimma: 5:44pm On May 26, 2011
If there is someone who can share experience of Southafrica, I think I am one of them.
I live in Europe, (I wont tell you which country because a lot of people know me.) ,however, Iam married to a Southafrican.
We do go to SA every 2 yrs and I have been 3 times.
For you to understand SA, just imagine Europe Africa and America and Spain mixed into one pot, that is SA.
If you speak dutch, you will love the place.
Now, there are 3 major types of SA people, you have the blacks, whites and colored (mixed race)
The blacks are living in 1950, the colored are living in 1980 and the whites are living in 2000.
What Im saying is the people have a different mentality, it ranges from being Paranoid to feeling superior and then, they also feel inferior.
They can be very irrational and sometimes very trusting, marriage to them is just like what we call by friend and girl friend in Naija.
My pikin de speak naija and im mama de try small small. but, im mama famili no like to hear about naija and dem no wan go visit.
Dem think say dem place na heaven but dem too like to travel, dem too like enjoyment.
If you go SA, make u marry, den make u get pikin, dem go give u Kpali one time.
If u marry dem, make u no put ur mind for the marriage ooh, otherwise, u go regret because, the woman fit wake up one morning talk say she no want again and thats it, no be like naija wey famili go put mouth.
The place good, I no go lie, but na oyinbo get the place up till tmrow.
Any workshop wey u get there or house, na bank loan, if u no pay, dem go collect am one time carry u go court.
The people na one kind people, but wetin go make me go live there be say, the weather na nmbr 1.
The weather no cold as people think, if u wan see cold, make u come Europe.
I waka well well for SA, I go see jaguda people wey be Naija, and Zaire (Makosa people dem).
I also go see naija wey de do better thnig, de ones wey de do beta thing, some na people wey go school well well and dem don relax for there and dem marry naija woman carry follow body.
But, many dey marry SOUTY, so those ones, you go see say dem wife wan carry dem put for pocket but, I trust Yoruba boys, dem dey marry two or 3 dem dey born for every corner, which is ok because, if yawa dey for one side, you go sabi where to but head.
If you dey europe and u don taya, make u go south bros.
If u be onyibo, make u go south one time because na una people get the palce, dem go sort you out.
Naija wey wan make fast money, u fit make am there but, dem fit carry ur dead body come house because every body get luga for there.
So, make I cut long tory, the bobo wey talk say him help one naija, I no go doubt because one man for there dey tell me say if i wan stay, him go wan join with me for business.
The place dey ok but, no go begin think say because u see black people na im be say dem go be ur friend, dem de do one kind one kind.
Plenty of dem no get home training.
But the good ones are very good.
Dem women fine no be small but, take time, sweet thing dey kill.
If dem boyfrind no shoot you, dem mama fit pour u hot water, if that one no happen, dem papa fit arrange u make them sort u.
And if u get bad luck, u go carry Okitikpukpa original Hiv.
No mosquito for there and the place no far from naija. so, there u go.
Thanks to the guy who helped the naija guy, so, can u tell us if ur calard (coloured), black or white?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by ogaadimma: 5:54pm On May 26, 2011
I must mention that the majority of boys wey de run the street for southy na Igbo boys , True word no be lie.
It is understandable because, they are business savvy and have actual business experience which they put to a business that needs no shop.
I dont agree with their idea because they can do other things and live longer and happier lives.
The Yoruba boys are the ones who are kings of oluwole.
And they are also into yahuze and wuru wuru motor import, thats what I heard on the streets and I blv it to be true.
But, in all these, you have to bow when you notice that all the high tech jobs are full of naija at least when the going gets tough.
But, the inbalance betwn oyinbp and dudu for there, na wahala.
If u undersntd Yoruba, soutafrica will make u know that truley, Dudu ko ra.
Aaah, black southafricans hate non southafrican blacks, not to say that the other africans there are worth loving when u consider the way they embrace crime.
But, where in this world will a black man find rest and peaceful life?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by ogaadimma: 6:01pm On May 26, 2011
wepu aka enwe na ofe mmanu.
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by fireline: 6:10pm On May 26, 2011
Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa.
Means NOTHING to anyone in any country other than nigeria.
Anywhere in the WORLD anyone with nigerian papers is scammer, drug dealer, thief
Any papers they have will be FAKE
Any qualifications from school will be false from RUNS.
Nigerians are the new Jews detested by everyone just like RATS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by morpheus24: 9:35pm On May 26, 2011
fireline:

Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa.
Means NOTHING to anyone in any country other than nigeria.
Anywhere in the WORLD anyone with nigerian papers is scammer, drug dealer, thief
Any papers they have will be FAKE
Any qualifications from school will be false from RUNS.
Nigerians are the new Jews detested by everyone just like RATS.

And the Jews are still running things
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by TBrownAuto(m): 12:34pm On May 27, 2011
well there is no work in RSA people stop deceiving your self and being ignorant stop using God has excuse and the story of that mechanics make me laugh no south africa will help a nigeria if you are not selling drugs or doing scam they love us for that and taht why they will help you once they know you are a member people beware nigerians die everyday in south africa go there for vacation and return or study for job forget it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by israel007: 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2011
RSA. Pl
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by nsodo: 7:12am On Sep 06, 2011
Many are doing constructive work for a living yet very many are engaging in illegal activities for a living but many are deceived by friends who return to Nigeria with money and they are made to think it is Okay in South Africa. Ladies resort to Prostitution, Drug trafficking and many other inhuman jobs you can think of.
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by dapo01(m): 10:05am On Oct 17, 2011
@ hadexman , Seriously, im going to need ur help, please can u drop me ur email and we talk much better, Thanks Alot.
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by ausbones(m): 10:16am On Apr 15, 2012
You are good man and God will Bless you for lifting Jonah. Don't mind negative comments some people can't just imagine people doing good things because they have dirty minds. I want add that the original poster made point however it is not always the case. The advice here is before you leave for a foreign land you should ensure you are proficient on something. That could earn you a living when the opportunity arises. Most people finding it difficult to survive either enter those countries illegally or legally but no skill set that can immediately get them on. For those people who still believe they must go abroad to make it good luck but be prepared for the odds and the bliss. I wish you become another success story
RSA:

Thank you for your wishes,well I was not looking for self glory,and when we invited Jonah at our home I wasn't expecting anything back.But Jonah became a blessing in our family,I was a young small businessman with a new family and a baby and after we bought the workshop I was able to grow my other business and ventured in new ones.All this because of that Sunday.
Jonah introduced me to Naija,and since then I have made lots of friends from Naija,that is why I'm on nairaland.

Yes you're right,this could easily be a made up story,but its not about whether you believe it or not,its about me telling you my experience.Maybe Jonah did the same on other forums,I'm addicted to nairaland and it's my corner.I have said some nasty things about Naija and its peeps on this forum and wont want my friends to know I can say all this about their country grin(Morpheus knows the story)
Point I was trying to make is, there are good people in this world with good hearts and intentions.I am where I am today because of my friend Jonah,I'm thirty and could not have wished for a better life.Now when we look back we realised that it was destiny.

@Diggle you're right,my freind went through a lot before he landed at our church,about sleeping at clubs,he went through that and he doesn't drink nor smoke.He went through some very difficult time,but he was always telling me about the Naijaman spirit,he used to say impossible is not Nigerian.I learned a lot from him.Like I've learned to comment on everything even if I know very little about grin as long as I could be heard grin
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by Mafamafa(m): 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2012
South Africa, is indeed a good country if you know what you want and doing. Not all Nigerians are fraudsters in there and i know a couple of friends and myself who came on just normal visa and God did helped us through. Ty, a friend, applied to a university in pretoria and now, he is a full lecturer within a space of 4 years. If you know sunnyside in pretoria, we have some nija guys doinggreat for themselves ie, halifax, bisi (taste of africa), not to talk of musician (kunle ayo and others), etc, this are guys that came o SA with little or nothing and were consistent in doing what they know how to do. I started a biz and was able to turn things around, it may not be easy in the first or second year, but trust me if you are serious, not moving with the bad eggs, and not carried away by the lerato's and palesa's, you can make it. As a matter of fact, going first to SA then transending to other contry, gives you upper hand than moving resh from nigeria. I relocated to the state recently and my expereince with life in SA thought me to start off as an entrepreneur in USA straight off with little or no amount. Lesson learnt, be deligent in following your dream and purpose, put God first and just have this win ... Win.... Win mentality. South africa is still the best country for me, pls its a personal lesson, experience and suggestion. Hard work is a currency that that you can spend in any country or continent.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by Geminilove(f): 11:44pm On Apr 23, 2012
SA- All I can say is the place is different.
I have met so many people in SA from the Ghanaian Goldman sachs Banker, America Basketball, the Models, the rent boys that service the government officals. You meet every kinda person in SA.
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by samorano4u: 2:28am On Apr 24, 2012
God bles u my brother 4 yur advice and u wil continue 2 be blessed concernin yur elaborton on SA isue. Thanks
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by Nobody: 9:31am On May 24, 2012
Hey, Hello everyone, Thank you for the interesting post on this forum so far.
Pls. I will like to know if anyone can help me with renting an accomodation in SA for a month. I will be there for visit. Pls if There is anyone that could help kindly send me an email for better communication/details. murmensus@yahoo.com THIS IS VERY URGENT PLS>>>>
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by indigoict: 12:28am On Jun 26, 2013
pls can anybody advice me, am a plumber an i want to move to sauth africa. to start a new life
Re: Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? by indigoict: 12:51am On Jun 26, 2013
am a plumber can anybody advice me if i can get a job in sauthafrica,cus i wana travle there[b]am a plumber can anybody advice me if i can get a job in sauthafrica,cus i wana travle there[/b]am a plumber can anybody advice me if i can get a job in sauthafrica,cus i wana travle there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Odonla Ilaje, Ondo: A Village That Lives On Water But Can Barely Get Water / Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.