Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Hello Everyone Pls I Need Help. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hello Everyone Pls I Need Help. (1703 Views)

Pls I Need Help On Break Issues / Pls I Need Ur Advice / Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hello Everyone Pls I Need Help. by chukel(m): 5:47am On Oct 25, 2016
Ezenwachi, they have all said it.
1. You used the wrong transmission oil. Ur vehicle needs Toyota T IV transmission oil. And please stop saying it's expensive. Until u are made to cough out money for new transmission, u wouldn't kn how cheap that oil is.
2. You have not scanned that car. A scan without codes is useless. Your speedometer not working may be linked to a code P0500. Once had that problem, bought the sensor, still didn't work. Later turned out to be a loose fuse connection under the dashboard. Correcting it also resolved abs issue.
3. Buy 2 gallons of T IV oil. Change what you have in ur gearbox with one gallon. After about 4days, do another drain and refill with the remaining gallon.
4. Do a real scan on the car and come back here with codes.

1 Like

Re: Hello Everyone Pls I Need Help. by Kashif(m): 9:20am On Oct 25, 2016
Ezenwachi, can you provide details of how your transmission is shifting? What gears does it or does not have? Stacked shifts, delayed shifts, flares? Does it fall out of gear completely?

Make sure all ABS signal faults are corrected. There is a ground cable towards the rear of the engine. Make sure it is properly fastened.

Scan the car, and post code(s) here, though Toyota's ratio codes are mostly useless. If possible, post ATF temperature after the car has driven for like 15 minutes.

All,

A worn transmission does not care if you replace the ATF ice cold, or furnace hot. In such cases, Abro is 'better' than best of the synthetics. If you are a tech here, do not undertake auto transmission service job without finding out why the owner has chosen to do so. If possible, check for historical transmission codes and drive the vehicle around. 95% of owners never change their ATF unless there is a problem.

1 Like

Re: Hello Everyone Pls I Need Help. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:02am On Oct 25, 2016
Kashif:
Ezenwachi, can you provide details of how your transmission is shifting? What gears does it or does not have? Stacked shifts, delayed shifts, flares? Does it fall out of gear completely?

Make sure all ABS signal faults are corrected. There is a ground cable towards the rear of the engine. Make sure it is properly fastened.

Scan the car, and post code(s) here, though Toyota's ratio codes are mostly useless. If possible, post ATF temperature after the car has driven for like 15 minutes.

All,

A worn transmission does not care if you replace the ATF ice cold, or furnace hot. In such cases, Abro is 'better' than best of the synthetics. If you are a tech here, do not undertake auto transmission service job without finding out why the owner has chosen to do so. If possible, check for historical transmission codes and drive the vehicle around. 95% of owners never change their ATF unless there is a problem .

Transmission 101

1 Like

Re: Hello Everyone Pls I Need Help. by Crixie(m): 6:27am On Oct 28, 2016
BRO ,Firstly change your auto mechanic immediately, He/ she will help you kill your car.
Then never ever use stupid fluids in your car ever again
Finally T-IV might be pricy but a new gear is much more expensive.
Re: Hello Everyone Pls I Need Help. by nams77: 8:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
Legs stretched, shades on and fully laid back...seriously learning from the ogas here. Guess one more reason why I will stick with a manual. Never had all this problems with ma Benz

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cranking Sensor Importance On Engine Hesitation / Bmw 320d 2007 Vs Bmw 330i 2007 - Review And Advice Needed / OLX.COM Cars-how Genuine Are They?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.