Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,057 members, 7,814,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 (4050 Views)

2011 Toyota Camry Xle V6 Vs Lexus GS350 Of The Same Year / Mercedes E320 2005 Model or Lexus GS350 2008 Model / Lexus GS350 Stiff Steering Wheel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mikkyd(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
Gurus and fellow NL I intend buying foreign used Lexus GS350 2006-2008 I truly like d car and d interior many person keep warning me about car....

1.How economic is fuel?
2.How is maintenance?
3.Availability of spare part and cost?
4.Can it b use for daily running around town?
5.How durable is d car,engine and gear box?

Pls your advice is highly welcome.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by elshanAutos: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
mikkyd:
Gurus and fellow NL I intend buying foreign used Lexus GS350 2006-2008 I truly like d car and d interior many person keep warning me about car....

1.How economic is fuel?
2.How is maintenance?

1. It’s a 3.5L 2GR-FSE V6 engine churning out 303bhp so don’t expect picanto fuel economy.
2. Nothing special about maintenance, follow normal rules (though it’s not your average toyota)
3. Spare parts are not always readily available, and are relatively expensive.
4. Yes, it can be used for daily running around town, just like Sequioa & g wagons are used grin
5. Car is durable.

Personal advice- get the RWD version, more fun to drive wink

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mayor2013: 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
mikkyd:

1.How economic is fuel?
2.How is maintenance?

Nice ride. Parts won't come cheap, shares parts with Lexus is350, runs on a 3.5L engine(2GR-FSE) which is a 6 cylinder running with 12injectors, 6 conventional injectors and another 6 high pressure injectors which is being controlled by a separate module. The ride is very OK no bad noticed during the replacement of her engine in a Lexus is350.

Engine is 1.5m naira only wink
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mikkyd(m): 1:51am On Dec 16, 2017
mayor2013:

Nice ride. Parts won't come cheap, shares parts with Lexus is350, runs on a 3.5L engine(2GR-FSE) which is a 6 cylinder running with 12injectors, 6 conventional injectors and another 6 high pressure injectors which is being controlled by a separate module. The ride is very OK no bad noticed during the replacement of her engine in a Lexus is350.

Engine is 1.5m naira only wink

Thanks
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mikkyd(m): 1:54am On Dec 16, 2017
elshanAutos:

1. It’s a 3.5L 2GR-FSE V6 engine churning out 303bhp so don’t expect picanto fuel economy.
2. Nothing special about maintenance, follow normal rules (though it’s not your average toyota)
3. Spare parts are not always readily available, and are relatively expensive.
4. Ye
s, it can be used for daily running around town, just like Sequioa & g wagons are used grin
5. Car is durable.

Personal advice- get the RWD version, more fun to drive wink

Thanks for your contribution
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by bravolad(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2017
mikkyd:

1.How economic is fuel?
2.How is maintenance?

Fuel economy should be the least of your worries when buying a car with 3.5l engine. You should be concerned about the availability of spare parts and they won't come cheap.

However, it's a great car with good performance but you will struggle with the poor quality of our fuel.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by Readonee35L(m): 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
I don't know but.
A 3.5L Gs350 is not really thirsty. It's almost same as the 2Gr in the camry but it's mounted towards the back and it's tuned to produce more power .

I don't think you should encounter any problem if you maintain it properly with good oil and good fuel.

Those cars were built to be used and not pampered in the garage. They are built as daily drivers for the road. And they will cross 500k miles if you treat them right.

If you are coming from a corolla kindly stick to your corolla because you'd complain of fuel.

That's because you're used to something more econical but that doesnt mean this one is a guzzler.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mayor2013: 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
Readonee35L:
I don't know but.
A 3.5L Gs350 is not really thirsty. It's almost same as the 2Gr in the camry but it's mounted towards the back and it's tuned to produce more power .

I don't think you should encounter any problem if you maintain it properly with good oil and good fuel.

Those cars were built to be used and not pampered in the garage. They are built as daily drivers for the road. And they will cross 500k miles if you treat them right.

If you are coming from a corolla kindly stick to your corolla because you'd complain of fuel.

That's because you're used to something more econical but that doesnt mean this one is a guzzler.

Not same engine as the one in Camry. Lexus Gs350 is a 2GR-FSE while Camry (v6) is a 2GR-FE
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by bravolad(m): 6:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
Readonee35L:
I don't know but.

It's not thirsty as you said but u know fuel consumption is defined relative to the owner's perception. But for a buyer to be concerned about its fuel consumption is an indication he expects a fuel consumption proportional to perhaps, a corolla.

More so, the Camry V6 has a slightly better mpg. So I bet he will struggle with it. Remember it requires a premium fuel for optimum performance.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by Readonee35L(m): 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
mayor2013:

Not same engine as the one in Camry. Lexus Gs350 is a 2GR-FSE while Camry (v6) is a 2GR-FE

I've always told you to always read my messages properly before quoting me. I go they carry cane Waka for here now.

I said it's almost the same with th 2gr-fe. Did you read the word ALMOST in my sentence.
Both engines 2GR-FE & 2GR-FSE under the 2Gr platorm.
All 2gr are under same platform and share some parts but they are designed for differenthe purposes .
The 2GR-FSE is designed to be mounted in Rwd and Awd platforms. And it's a little tuned and more powerful to the 2GR-FE...
That's why Mr egunmogaji always tell you to read and gets your fact right before saying things.

angry

6 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mayor2013: 8:50pm On Dec 16, 2017
Readonee35L:

I've always told you to always read my messages properly before quoting me. I go they carry cane Waka for here now.

I said it's almost the same with th 2gr-fe. Did you read the word ALMOST in my sentence.
Both engines 2GR-FE & 2GR-FSE under the 2Gr platorm.
All 2gr are under same platform and share some parts but they are designed for differenthe purposes .
The 2GR-FSE is designed to be mounted in Rwd and Awd platforms. And it's a little tuned and more powerful to the 2GR-FE...
That's why Mr egunmogaji always tell you to read and gets your fact right before saying things.

angry

What makes it almost same sir. Have confidently worked on both engines and I still find it obscure how both parts can be interchanged. Continue following the crowd and eschew the truth. For your piece of information I still have a dead 2GR-FSE engine lying on the ground at my workshop. Don't mislead people on this platform

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by Readonee35L(m): 7:27am On Dec 17, 2017
mayor2013:

What makes it almost same sir. Have confidently worked on both engines and I still find it obscure how both parts can be interchanged. Continue following the crowd and eschew the truth. For your piece of information I still have a dead 2GR-FSE engine lying on the ground at my workshop. Don't mislead people on this platform
You're the one who shouldn't mislead people.
It's a shame most technicians of today barely know their onions .
You can identify parts and replace but do you even know the bases of engine platforms?

My advice to you is to educate your self properly before saying things you're not sure off. Like egunmogaji once said.

Do not quote me again if you know you don't have something meaningful or with enough reason to discuss dispute what I've written .
Thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mayor2013: 8:25am On Dec 17, 2017
Readonee35L:

You can identify parts and replace but do you even know the bases of engine platforms?

My advice to you is to educate your self properly before saying things you're not sure off. Like egunmogaji once said.

Do not quote me again if you know you don't have something meaningful or with enough reason to discuss dispute what I've written .
Thanks.

I still maintain my statement. No parts fit for each other. Continue to argue blindly. You are misleading. The 2GR-FSE engine is a 6 cylinder engine with 12 injectors. 6 conventional injectors and 6 high pressure injectors which is controlled by the fuel injection module mounted just infront of the engine. The 2GR-FE only has 6 cylinders with 6 conventional injectors .Have looked at both engines closely and here you are still shooting yourself in the legs. I repeat no parts from both engines can be interchanged. Safe yourself the stress of this and embrace the lecture I have given unto you. Peace

4 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by elshanAutos: 8:38am On Dec 17, 2017
Readonee35L:

Thanks.
Omo those engines aren’t ‘almost the same’ o at all
The difference isn’t just ‘a few parts’, the 2GR-FSE utilizes direct injection while the 2GR-FE doesn’t. I mean, Toyota even developed a new style of injector specifically for this engine. Simply put- it would probably be a better idea to buy a GS350/IS350 for example, than to attempt upgrading a 2GR-FR to 2GR-FSE.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mayor2013: 8:47am On Dec 17, 2017
elshanAutos:

The difference isn’t just ‘a few parts’, the 2GR-FSE utilizes direct injection while the 2GR-FE doesn’t. I mean, Toyota even developed a new style of injector specifically for this engine. Simply put- it would probably be a better idea to buy a GS350/IS350 for example, than to attempt upgrading a 2GR-FR to 2GR-FSE.

He needs to be lectured tongue

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by Readonee35L(m): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2017
elshanAutos:

The difference isn’t just ‘a few parts’, the 2GR-FSE utilizes direct injection while the 2GR-FE doesn’t. Simply put- it would probably be a better idea to buy a GS350/IS350 for example, than to attempt upgrading a 2GR-FR to 2GR-FSE.
Elshanautos .
Kindly go and read my post properly.
Both engines are very different .
But they are built on the same platform. And they have few similarities.
2gr-Fse has direct injection and has a higher compression rate of 11.8 which is higher that 2gr-fe 10.8 ratio.

Of course it's not as if major parts are interchangeable.
But both engines are similar.

The mayor guy is being ignorant. If he'd take his time to understand what I'm saying and enlighten himself. This is the same guy that thinks 2spark plugs per cylinder was designed for more output. Even after we was corrected he kept arguing blindly .

I've said enough .

You can also visit https://mywikimotors.com/toyota-2gr

There are many engines which are under same platform with different outputs and tweaking.
Some engines have the normal aspirated variant while some of them have Direct injection With a supercharger to produce more output.

There are over 5 J35 from Honda all with different outputs , compression ratio e.t.c they are used in different applications.
That doesn't mean they aren't based on same platform .
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by elshanAutos: 9:12am On Dec 17, 2017
@Readonee35l point noted. We are aware they’re similar, but they are not almost the same. Oya you and mayor2013 should sheath your swords. Today is Sunday grin
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mayor2013: 9:14am On Dec 17, 2017
Readonee35L:

Elshanautos .
Kindly go and read my post properly.
Both engines are very different .
But they are built on the same platform. And they have few similarities.
2gr-Fse has direct injection and has a higher compression rate of 11.8 which is higher that 2gr-fe 10.8 ratio.

Of course it's not as if major parts are interchangeable.
But both engines are similar.

The mayor guy is being ignorant. If he'd take his time to understand what I'm saying and enlighten himself. This is the same guy that thinks 2spark plugs per cylinder was designed for more output. Even after we was corrected he kept arguing blindly .

I've said enough .

You can also visit https://mywikimotors.com/toyota-2gr

There are many engines which are under same platform with different outputs and tweaking.
Some engines have the normal aspirated variant while some of them have Direct injection With a supercharger to produce more output.

There are over 5 J35 from Honda all with different outputs , compression ratio e.t.c they are used in different applications.
That doesn't mean they aren't based on same platform .

Hehehehe. I like people like you. So quick to deny what you used your own bear hands to type. Hehehehe...... Even though I do not comprehend, does the man up there (Elsan autos) fall into that same category. Mention the parts that can be interchanged let's start with that.for your info the 2GR-FSE can only be confidently fitted into Lexus IS350 and the GS350 so therefore you expect parts to be interchanged. cool
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by nurey(m): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
Mayor2013 and readonee35L both of you are right so no argument the 2 engines are identical in that they have same engine block and they are from same family grin

But they are both different also in that it is not economically feasible to interchange both engine in there respective cars camry and avalon FE VS IS350 and GS350 FSE.

Though both engines have more differences than they do in similarities except you count bolts used and materials they are both made from as similarities grin
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by bravolad(m): 7:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
Well, I think what @Readonee35l means is that the engine fitted to the GS350 is similar to the one in Camry, which also implies that if the @op can maintain a Camry then, he can keep the GS350 long term as well.

Perhaps, his choice of words "almost same" invoked the anger in @Mayor2013 & hoping that settles the dust.

Definitely, as I pointed out earlier, the fuel consumption will be higher than what obtains in the Camry. I think the major problem @op will have with the car is misfire arising from the poor quality of fuel here. That said, he can also compliment the fuel with octane booster each time he refuels, which is an additional cost.

Spare parts will be scarce & will equally come at a premium cost as spare part dealers will deliberately inflate prices. Competent technicians or garages will constantly fleece you as the car luxury.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mikkyd(m): 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
bravolad:
Well, I think what @Readonee35l means is that the engine fitted to the GS350 is similar to the one in Camry, which also implies that if the @op can maintain a Camry then, he can keep the GS350 long term as well.

Perhaps, his choice of words "almost same" invoked the anger in @Mayor2013 & hoping that settles the dust.

Definitely, as I pointed out earlier, the fuel consumption will be higher than what obtains in the Camry. I think the major problem @op will have with the car is misfire arising from the poor quality of fuel here. That said, he can also compliment the fuel with octane booster each time he refuels, which is an additional cost.

Spare parts will be scarce & will equally come at a premium cost as spare part dealers will deliberately inflate prices. Competent technicians or garages will constantly fleece you as the car luxury.

Thanks for b honest and open with ur contributions. Apart from Camry which other car of same grade will u advice me to go for?
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mikkyd(m): 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
Readonee35L:
I don't know but.

Thanks
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mikkyd(m): 8:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
nurey:
Mayor2013 and readonee35L both of you are right so no argument the 2 engines are identical in that they have same engine block and they are from same family grin

But they are both different also in that it is not economically feasible to interchange both engine in there respective cars camry and avalon FE VS IS350 and GS350 FSE.

Though both engines have more differences than they do in similarities except you count bolts used and materials they are both made from as similarities grin

Thanks
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by bravolad(m): 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
mikkyd:

Thanks for b honest and open with ur contributions. Apart from Camry which other car of same grade will u advice me to go for?

It's a tight call though but ES350 won't be a bad option but you are likely to face the same faith as the gs350.

Any particular reason you don't want the camry and/or Accord? Both are good and are close substitute and would serve you better without breaking the banks. I can understand the desire to stand out of the pack but you need to consider the peculiarity of our society in terms of parts avalaibility, technical know how and your finances.

Again, Infiniti M35 would be another good option, however, fuel consumption and spare parts are at the opposing side of your choice.

Given the fragility of Nissan engines and gear box, I would honestly advise against it. You can also look at Kia optima, in which case u have technical support & parts can be sourced locally.

Perhaps you could expand a bit more on what you are looking at in a car so that other members of the forum can offer some hands as well.
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mikkyd(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
Alot of thinks to you guys apart from Camry which other car of same grade of GS350 I can go for? Pls advice...
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mayor2013: 10:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
mikkyd:
Alot of thinks to you guys apart from Camry which other car of same grade of GS350 I can go for? Pls advice...

Are you looking at it for a single use or family use. Single use Lexus is350. Family use get Lexus ES350
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by Readonee35L(m): 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
Heaven knows the love I have For Gs350 is for real.
I cherish that car. It's just a bigger version of is350.
The suspension is softer and the cabin is very quiet with less road noise.
If you drive it you'd never downgrade to a 4cyl car again.
I've not used this car personally but most technicians on the forum complain for scarcity of parts. But I don't believe it.

The truth is . If this car is properly used . What problem can occur aside regular wear and tear ??
The engine and transmission is built to last the entire life time of most cars. But our bad oils and poor maintenance culture kill this vehicles.

No 2 worry is also lack of premium fuel . The ecu will automatically adjust the system to work with the low octane fuel which will decrease performance a bit. (You won't really notice unless you've driven the car with premium fuel before).
Many acura, lexus, Mercedes even Amg tuned, Rolls Royce, Bentley , Ferrari in lagos run on our useless Regular fuel and they are coping with it.
So you shouldn't worry much.

It's a good car.
And if I'm ready to own one I won't think twice.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mikkyd(m): 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
mayor2013:

Are you looking at it for a single use or family use. Single use Lexus is350. Family use get Lexus ES350

It's a single use... If is350 share same part with GS350 what are d major cons and pros of is350?
Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by Readonee35L(m): 12:05am On Dec 18, 2017
mikkyd:

It's a single use... If is350 share same part with GS350 what are d major cons and pros of is350?
Starting to seem like this thread is a joke.
You've been giving more than enough information about this car.
Yet you ask question that has been answered.

If you are actually interested you'd have made a decision by now.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice On Gs350 2006-08 by mikkyd(m): 1:49am On Dec 18, 2017
Readonee35L:

Starting to seem like this thread is a joke.
You've been giving more than enough information about this car.
Yet you ask question that has been answered.

If you are actually interested you'd have made a decision by now.

I'm asking if d is350 share same pros and cons with gs350 so I can conclude with my choice OK

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord / Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! / Football Stars And Their Cars (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.