Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice (2807 Views)

Married To A Man Based Abroad / Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) / Lady Dumps Nigerian Man Who Spent Over N950k 2 Marry Her 2wks After Marriage(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2016
Nairalanders I'm in need of your advice here. Please let advice be mature because every advice is important to me.

I met this guy in church December last year and we got talking. He actually came home to visit because he is based abroad. So he went back to his base and kept in touch. He calls me often and we chat often. Along the line he made his intention known which is to date me. And I considered everything, he's being abroad and all. So I said ok let me pray about it. Then he told me that he has an oyinbo live-in girlfriend who has been very good to him, in fact she has helped him out of trouble with the authorities severally because of illegal business. So he's that indebted to her.

So I asked him what he wants with me then. He said that he's telling me because something might come up along the line to make him marry the oyinbo girlfriend considering that she can help him out with the authorities. But that he seriously wants to marry a Nigerian girl.

So nairalanders this is my dilemma. Should I or should I not? It seems that some Nigerian girls actually do this knowingly.

Please mature advice is needed. Thank you all.

Lalasticlala mynd44 ishilove seun pls help move this to FP.

Pls I created this new acct for this purpose.
Y'all might want to see this
https://www.nairaland.com/3424731/why-nigerian-men-come-back/2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Talasuma(m): 6:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
Babe, that's a question you yourself can answer, nd not a public matter.

Cus it from your message, u already decided what to do.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Ziyadah(f): 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
Why/what does he need to be adviced abt dat? At least he knws wat he wants..wants to marry a Nigerian den go marry one
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
;Dyes o, its that time of the year again, abroad based bobos are coming home for Christmas and weddings grin

The guy is being honest with you,, its left in your court if u want that kinda marriage, you'd be his home based wife, the oyibo would be his abroad based wife D:

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by teemy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 23, 2016
missolivea would he tell the lady before marrying her of his intended marriage with you? if not that makes him a trickster and devoid of truth. if his answer satisfies you then the next would be if you would be ok to a third wife once he wants more.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by ireneidiva(f): 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
Missolivea:
Nairalanders I'm in need of your advice here. Please let advice be mature because every advice is important to me.

I met this guy in church December last year and we got talking. He actually came home to visit because he is based abroad. So he went back to his base and kept in touch. He calls me often and we chat often. Along the line he made his intention known which is to date me. And I considered everything, he's being abroad and all. So I said ok let me pray about it. Then he told me that he has an oyinbo live-in girlfriend who has been very good to him, in fact she has helped him out of trouble with the authorities severally because of illegal business. So he's that indebted to her.

So I asked him what he wants with me then. He said that he's telling me because something might come up along the line to make him marry the oyinbo girlfriend considering that she can help him out with the authorities. But that he seriously wants to marry a Nigerian girl.

So nairalanders this is my dilemma. Should I or should I not? It seems that some Nigerian girls actually do this knowingly.

Lalasticlala mynd44 ishilove pls help move this to FP.
are you that desperate? you want to marry a man that does illegal business and lives with a woman already? Go ahead. Mods pls dont put this rubbish on frontpage.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Sleekbaby(f): 7:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
Dear it's a decision you alone can take, it depends on what you want, many girls do it for reasons best known to them, either for money or to brag that my husband is outside but I tell you that the joy of marriage is not there. when you get close to such a person dt the husband is outside you will find out that they are passing through alot emotionally.
My colleague was telling me yesterday how their neighbor's husband that has been outside for 3yrs came back and stayed only 3 week and left and the wife was crying and complaining and worst is that she was given condition not add the husband on any social network bcoz if the oyibo wife finds out that he is married in Nigeria it will be war.
I'm not trying to discourage but if u truly love him you can go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by keepingmum: 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
Note this whilst making your decisions

You will NEVER be his legal wife (either in 9ja or in the abroad)
You will live your marital life as a married woman but single because hubby visits x1 a yr or x1 in 2yrs.
You will hv step kids who will probably be older than yours.
His legal wife will visit with him to 9ja and you will be relegated to maid position by him and ur in laws because them no want spoil their son chances of gaining papers.
There is no guarantee he will divorce that lady except she chooses to file......he will work to pay alimony and child support = less income to look after u and and children u birth.
Your income will be used to run the home in 9ja.
You can't visit and live with him.
He will only visit to get married 2 u. Then subsequent visits will be to get u knocked up
You will never live under the same roof as husband and wife for more than 1 month. So pray tell, what type of marriage, relationship do u envisage 4 yaself?
Oga will be banging his whitey daily yr in yr out whilst you can't even kiss a man without bn termed a cheat and adultere

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by ElsonMorali: 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
Please run for your life. He isn't the only man in this world that you can marry. His life is complicated and based on a foundation of lies, insincerity and deceit.

What happens If after marrying you he ends up in jail? Is he going to be a good role model for your kids?

Don't be desperate to get married.

Getting married for the wrong reason is the worst thing you can do to yourself.

Let him be and give yourself some peace of mind.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by crackhaus: 7:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
Missolivea:

Lala.sticlala mynd.44 ishi.love pls help move this to FP.
What are you looking for in FP?

Go have a talk with your mother, young woman.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
It depends on what you want of a husband, a marriage, and of course, how desperate you are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 23, 2016
ElsonMorali:
Please run for your life. He isn't the only man in this world that you can marry. His life is complicated and based on a foundation of lies, insincerity and deceit.

What happens If after marrying you he ends up in jail? Is he going to be a good role model for your kids?

You can just imagine the kind of man a woman is giving serious thought to.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
keepingmum:
Note this whilst making your decisions

You will NEVER be his legs wife (either in 9ja or in the abroad)
You will live your marital life as a married woman but single because hubby visits x1 a yr or x1 in 2yrs.
You will hv step kids who will probably be older than yours.
His legal wife will visit with him to 9ja and you will be relegated to maid position by him and ur in laws because them no want spoil their son chances of gaining papers.
There is no guarantee he will divorce that lady except she chooses to file......he will work to pay alimony and child support = less income to look after u and and children u birth.
Your income will be used to run the home in 9ja.
You can't visit and live with him.
He will only visit to get married 2 u. Then subsequent visits will be to get u knocked up
You will never live under the same roof as husband and wife for more than 1 month. So pray tell, what type of marriage, relationship do u envisage 4 yaself?
Oga will be banging his whitey daily yr in yr out whilst you can't even kiss a man without bn termed a cheat and adultere
I have thought along these lines too. I was wondering what makes some other ladies do it and if their reasons are valid. Thanks so much for your advice
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
Talasuma:
Babe, that's a question you yourself can answer, nd not a public matter.

Cus it from your message, u already decided what to do.
No I've not decided or I wouldn't be seeking advice.
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ziyadah:
Why/what does he need to be adviced abt dat? At least he knws wat he wants..wants to marry a Nigerian den go marry one

Your are getting it mixed up. The question is should I agree to it or not?
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
;Dyes o, its that time of the year again, abroad based bobos are coming home for Christmas and weddings grin

The guy is being honest with you,, its left in your court if u want that kinda marriage, you'd be his home based wife, the oyibo would be his abroad based wife D:
Babe would you do it if you were the one?
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
teemy:
missolivea would he tell the lady before marrying her of his intended marriage with you? if not that makes him a trickster and devoid of truth. if his answer satisfies you then the next would be if you would be ok to a third wife once he wants more.
My dear if he has the probability of being a trickster, then any response he gives to such a question will be carefully tailored. I'm wondering why he even wants a Nigerian wife at all. Why is the oyinbo not enough?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2016
ireneidiva:

are you that desperate? you want to marry a man that does illegal business and lives with a woman already? Go ahead. Mods pls dont put this rubbish on frontpage.
Thanks for your advice. Its much appreciated
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 8:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
ElsonMorali:

I don't want to marry for the wrong reasons at all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Itukus(m): 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
Are you sure the oyinbo lady is not already a wife? Use your head

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Itukus(m): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ishilove please let this get more responses
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by crackhaus: 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
maxioptiultra:
It depends on what you want of a husband, a marriage, and of course, how [size=22pt]desperate[/size] you are.
Keyword

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Winneygirl(f): 9:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
The guy is obviously a criminal, engaging in illegal activities over there.
He will probably end up in jail, or dead in the streets.
This Babe knows, but as she heard "abroad" thingzzz, she can't sit still.
Is this story even real?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
Winneygirl:
The guy is obviously a criminal, engaging in illegal activities over there.
He will probably end up in jail, or dead in the streets.
This Babe knows, but as she heard "abroad" thingzzz, she can't sit still.
Is this story even real?
Babe its real. People find themselves in this position everyday, some unknowingly.
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by thorpido(m): 9:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Missolivea:

I don't want to marry for the wrong reasons at all
For you to even give his proposal a thought shows you probably don't know what you want.
He's into illegal business,lives with a woman already,doesn't have legal papers to stay and that's the kind of man you want?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Winneygirl(f): 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
Missolivea:

Babe its real. People find themselves in this position everyday, some unknowingly.

Did you unknowingly find yourself in this position?
This is bad fiction.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
thorpido:
For you to even give his proposal a thought shows you probably don't know what you want.
He's into illegal business,lives with a woman already,doesn't have legal papers to stay and that's the kind of man you want?

My dear. I know some people do it. Was wondering whether they had some valid reasons... Its good to ask questions sometimes before one will think one is being too difficult
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 10:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
thorpido:

My dear. I know some people do it. Was wondering whether they had some valid reasons. Its good to ask questions sometimes before one will think one is being too difficult
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by thorpido(m): 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
Missolivea:

My dear. I know some people do it. Was wondering whether they had some valid reasons. Its good to ask questions sometimes before one will think one is being too difficult
The major reasons they do it is because they get money from abroad(nothing like hard currency kiss),they dream of going there and they are jonsing(don't have suitors here in Nigeria).
Is that your situation too?
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Missolivea: 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2016
thorpido:
The major reasons they do it is because they get money from abroad(nothing like hard currency kiss),they dream of going there and they are jonsing(don't have suitors here in Nigeria).
Is that your situation too?
Like I said I don't want to marry for the wrong reasons, not for janding opportunity or hard currency and I know that there's a man out there that God made me for

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by Talk2Bella(f): 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
So glad others are seeing my point
Re: Nigerian Man Based Abroad Has Oyinbo Gf But Wants 2 Marry Nigerian Girl. Advice by thorpido(m): 11:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
Missolivea:

Like I said I don't want to marry for the wrong reasons, not for janding opportunity or hard currency and I know that there's a man out there that God made me for
Do you think this man abroad is the one God made for you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help My Uncle's Wife!!! / I Know I Will Be Mocked. But I Am Hungry / I Need Your Advice As Regards My Family Issue.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.