Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill (26121 Views)

South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) / Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails / There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by ianSweet(f): 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
Intrepid01:

Why do u really feel we are not taking any steps?

OMG!!! are you asking me why I feel we are not taking steps? You make me feel like an alarmist. If that's your view, then there is no need to complain about the state of the economy, there is no need to complain that a huge percentage of Fund allocation to Budget financing is being diverted in to personal coffers since 1979. There is no point to complain again about the dilapidated state of our infrastructure. There is no need to complain about the myriad of problems that ordinary Nigerians face everyday. Afterall to you, the country is doing fine.

I do not know who I am chatting with, I do not know maybe you are typing from the confines of your apartment in Banana island. But I do know that you are chatting with an average Nigerian who despite the fact that he pays Personal income tax on monthly basis yet still buys fuel on weekly basis to power his generator cos there is never light, pays for his own security because the safety of life and property isn't guaranteed, pays through periodic repairs of cars for the bad state of Nigerian roads....and on and on pays in multiple ways due to the ineptitude of some useless eediots called public office holders.......With due respect madam, we do not live in the same country....The Nigeria I live in and the states in it that I have seen isn't taking any meaningful step.

I know i appear overly optimistic in my comments, but pls dont misconstrue my words. I never said Nigeria was really doing fine per say, what i meant was that compared to fellow Black African countries, we are not doing very bad.
We all know that it seems like the black race or black african race is cursed or under a spell, (we are just naturally backward and not Nigeria alone), so that is why i compare Nigeria with only pure black african countries, (mind you, South Africa is not a pure black african country), yes i expect us to do better than all the other black african countries and even rub shoulders with other countries of the world but you cannot wish for a cat to be a Lion no matter how overgrown the cat may be.
Black Africa must move and progress together in one pace, or at least close paces, look at Europe. Don't expect Nigeria to be a Lioness when all her other sibblings of the same mother are still kittens. That would be magic and an unfair demand. There are black african countries that have more rescources than Nigeria and yet we are still ahead of them, but i believe our time is gradually coming.

Latin american nations are still very much behind despite the fact that they are older than we black africans with hundreds of years and the Europeans colonized them for a longer period and even settled with them. So why are they still behind? Except for only Brazil managing to come up?
What about the South Asian nations? Are they any better?
Thank God for the Arabs and the East Asians who have almost caught up with the Western world in development, many decades ago, nobody ever thought they would.
If you dont know where you came from, you will never know where you are going to.
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by MXrep: 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Firstly, I used Peter and Ibrahim because both are names of humans. Except you are saying otherwise.

Secondly, there is NO INCH of bigotry. Every region has their own demands and interest including the north and South south (where I am from). The PIB bill has been there since 2008 but nothing has come out because it doesn't serve the interest of the North. Now come the NEDC. Who destroyed the NE with Boko Haram? Is it the South? why use the resources of the South to lavish on NE while abandoning the South? Do you know what 3% VAT is? Was it not your Senators and mine that blocked Lagos bid for 1% VAT only 10days ago? Why can't NE use their share of allocation fix NE? Why can't they do fundraising as usually the norm?

You guys can't be increasing your purse through the backdoor
you call them "North" and call yourself 'South south", can you see why you will always lose This package was meant for NE but Kano found a way to include itself and they are OK with it, If Enugu include itself in NDDC through the backdoor is not you that will fight it Just shut up bro

2 Likes

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Sibrah: 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2016
mattobas:
And stop promoting stupidity too, did Nigerians tell the South to promote [b]deve deve at the expense of collective effort for development? [/b]Yet Nigerians paid for the NDDC used to develop the region.
Tribalism and religious bigotry at work
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by jbjustice(m): 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
Bad bele
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Igboid: 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
MXrep:

you call them "North" and call yourself 'South south", can you see why you will always lose This package was meant for NE but Kano found a way to include itself and they are OK with it, If Enugu include itself in NDDC through the backdoor is not you that will fight it Just shut up bro

grin grin grin
You have time to waste on a chameleon.
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Intrepid01(m): 11:09am On Oct 27, 2016
ianSweet:

I know i appear overly optimistic in my comments, but pls dont misconstrue my words. I never said Nigeria was really doing fine per say, what i meant was that compared to fellow Black African countries, we are not doing very bad.
We all know that it seems like the black race or black african race is cursed or under a spell, (we are just naturally backward and not Nigeria alone), so that is why i compare Nigeria with only pure black african countries, (mind you, South Africa is not a pure black african country), yes i expect us to do better than all the other black african countries and even rub shoulders with other countries of the world but you cannot wish for a cat to be a Lion no matter how overgrown the cat may be.
Black Africa must move and progress together in one pace, or at least close paces, look at Europe. Don't expect Nigeria to be a Lioness when all her other sibblings of the same mother are still kittens. That would be magic and an unfair demand. There are black african countries that have more rescources than Nigeria and yet we are still ahead of them, but i believe our time is gradually coming.

Latin american nations are still very much behind despite the fact that they are older than we black africans with hundreds of years and the Europeans colonized them for a longer period and even settled with them. So why are they still behind? Except for only Brazil managing to come up?
What about the South Asian nations? Are they any better?
Thank God for the Arabs and the East Asians who have almost caught up with the Western world in development, many decades ago, nobody ever thought they would.
If you dont know where you came from, you will never know where you are going to.

I hear you and understand your view but I do not share your view.Stating that we should not expect Nigeria to do well because other Balck African nations aint doing well is a huge excuse. Don't get me wrong, I share the thoughts that something is fundamentally wrong with the Black race, irrespective of location. But the point is, we cant take that as a consolation for non-performance or failure of the African countries. The North Africans are not Black in anyway but yet they are not doing well also, maybe better than the rest in the committee of failures. But the fact still remains that they are belong to that bag of bandwagons. We as a people (NIgeria) need to sit and decipher what the problem is, design steps to surmount the problems and make headway. There is no excuse for failure.

(Sorry I am replying this late, it is not in my character)...

1 Like

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by okwentency: 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
Sibrah:
Stop feigning stúpidíty. Did Nigerians destroy NE? You talk like the BH has changed mentality about Western system. SE deserves a develnpment commission 10,000,000 times more than the NE.
God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Benue Govt. Reacts To Apostle Johnson Suleman's Donation Of N5m To The State IDP / Modupe Odele's Passport Returned & Travel Ban Lifted After 9 Days / Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.