Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) (44374 Views)

Rear Mounted Or Front Mounted Fingerprint Scanner. Which Do You Prefer? / Step By Step On Installation Of MTN Mast / Before You Vandalise That Communication Mast Next To Your House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 24, 2016
Why exactly is this fake stuff on the front page?
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by ogocology: 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lazyreporta:
Can the Mods help move this to the front page?
I think it's necessary..

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

Thank you!

Its a shame that folks copy nonsense with zero facts and bring it here to show how ignorant they are.
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by neocortex: 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2016
This story is pure fantasy riddled with extreme exaggerations.
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by TEYA: 10:33pm On Oct 24, 2016
Leopantro:

sigh.

Google is your friend. you use a smart phone? be smarter than the phone.

http://www.snopes.com/science/cookegg.asp
i can bet you did not visit the site to 'educate' yourself either. go there and read for yourself and watch the video too of 'cooking an egg with 100 mobile phones' on the same page.
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by Codes151(m): 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lazyreporta:
Can the Mods help move this to the front page?
I think it's necessary..

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

Thank you!
why Please all networks, come and put your mass In my property. Even if na 10 no wahala
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by dustar: 11:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lazyreporta:
In one of our training sessions,my mentor collected a Nokia torch hand set with fully charged battery. He brought a fresh egg. Then he puts the egg and the handset together and place them into a polythene bag. He tied the bag and told us to call the phone number..... Calling....calling.. ..busy.. busy.
When the battery is drained down, he gave the phone to the owner and cracked the egg.
Behold the egg was cooked!!.. done!!!. We were surprised and asked for the explanation. He told us that every handset emits electromagnetic rays. That it was the rays that was responsible for cooking of that egg. He also said that for device to be named " hand set " by international bodies is not by accident.
He said that it is never a pocket set. He went on to say that males (men) have egg resemblance in between their legs...scrotum. He admonished men to stop putting their hand set in their pockets, but to hold on hand. If you continue to put set in your pocket, the radiation from it will denature your spermatozoa and cook your scrotum . That is why our men will marry 2 to 3 years no Issues. They begin to blame their wife. They will visit men of God for fasting and prayers. God will answer them and reverse the condition, but coming out of the church, they put back the handset in their pockets and continued to denature their sperm and cook their scrotum again.
Before a communication mast is mounted in your property, you will be paid between 10 to 20 million naira as long as you sign a document the network provider gives you. People don't even read the document. Only sign and collect the pay. The document reads in part within the middle ( we are giving you this money to buy land in another place and relocate, because what we are about to mount here is dangerous to your health ) . If you continue to stay there in about 10 to 15 years period, you and others living there will be suffering from one cancer case to the other.

Please guys, don't be putting handset in your pockets. Inform your friends and relatives about the dangers. Ladies inform your brothers, male friends and relatives the same.

By putting sets in your pocket or inside bra Can cause prostrate and breast cancer respectively.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to discuss a little on one of the burning health issues.

Copied as received from a friend on whatsapp
N wat training will require an absurd experiment like dat..N wat kind of people will seat n watch a Nokia ba3 drain up completely just from calls? dat tin suppose take 48hrs or more..N which foolish person will carry his phone in his pocket or bra for more Dan 2hrs? except de ba3 is dead....I know about de electromagnetic rays bla bla bla..but its insignificant. if not plenty of us for Don get cancer..infact Y u de lie sef undecided
Lazyreporta:
In one of our training sessions,my mentor collected a Nokia torch hand set with fully charged battery. He brought a fresh egg. Then he puts the egg and the handset together and place them into a polythene bag. He tied the bag and told us to call the phone number..... Calling....calling.. ..busy.. busy.
When the battery is drained down, he gave the phone to the owner and cracked the egg.
Behold the egg was cooked!!.. done!!!. We were surprised and asked for the explanation. He told us that every handset emits electromagnetic rays. That it was the rays that was responsible for cooking of that egg. He also said that for device to be named " hand set " by international bodies is not by accident.
He said that it is never a pocket set. He went on to say that males (men) have egg resemblance in between their legs...scrotum. He admonished men to stop putting their hand set in their pockets, but to hold on hand. If you continue to put set in your pocket, the radiation from it will denature your spermatozoa and cook your scrotum . That is why our men will marry 2 to 3 years no Issues. They begin to blame their wife. They will visit men of God for fasting and prayers. God will answer them and reverse the condition, but coming out of the church, they put back the handset in their pockets and continued to denature their sperm and cook their scrotum again.
Before a communication mast is mounted in your property, you will be paid between 10 to 20 million naira as long as you sign a document the network provider gives you. People don't even read the document. Only sign and collect the pay. The document reads in part within the middle ( we are giving you this money to buy land in another place and relocate, because what we are about to mount here is dangerous to your health ) . If you continue to stay there in about 10 to 15 years period, you and others living there will be suffering from one cancer case to the other.

Please guys, don't be putting handset in your pockets. Inform your friends and relatives about the dangers. Ladies inform your brothers, male friends and relatives the same.

By putting sets in your pocket or inside bra Can cause prostrate and breast cancer respectively.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to discuss a little on one of the burning health issues.

N wat training will require an absurd experiment like dat..N wat kind of people will seat n watch a Nokia ba3 drain up completely just from calls? dat tin suppose take 48hrs or more..N which foolish person will carry his phone in his pocket or bra for more Dan 2hrs? except de ba3 is dead....I know about de electromagnetic rays bla bla bla..but its insignificant. if not plenty of us for Don get cancer..infact Y u de lie sef
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by davidif: 12:30am On Oct 25, 2016
Leopantro:
you guys need to watch Myth Busters, this has been debunked so many times.
stop believing the gospel according to Whatsapp.

Nigerians and mythbusters?? Bro, you must be joking.
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by justmenoni: 12:38am On Oct 25, 2016
NONSENSE.
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by mengho(m): 1:01am On Oct 25, 2016
lol, I also use my phone to make omelets every Monday, just like I did yesterday
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by lanreni: 1:02am On Oct 25, 2016
tdayof:

Nice reply.
Since the person claimed the phone EM energy boiled the egg, then the sun should be able to do so.

I won't be able to type much but you can google Electromagnetic radiation and check NASA links. It should be brief compared to using Wikipedia.
Chai. too much unnecessary information would confuse you the more. who help you write your project in school? simply study blackbody radiation.
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by lanreni: 1:14am On Oct 25, 2016
linearity:

This is a myth, has been debunked millions times over, he even gave you a reference 'mythbuster', you can also google this.

Cell phone radiations used the in non-ionizing region of the electromagnetic spectrum of light. The non-ionizing electromagnetic spectrum does not interfere with cellular growth or processes.

People who spread this myth confuses the non-ionizing spectrum of electromagnetic radiation with the ionizing spectrum. The ionizing spectrum includes ultraviolate light, x-rays and gamma rays and these are carcinogenic, hence their importance in medicines, because their ionizing properties can be channeled medically to cure diseases.

It may interest you to learn that the light that enters your eyes and enables you to see, is also a non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation just like the radiation from your cellphone.

Perform the same experiment you just illustrated, but use a light source instead or another non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation, you will get the same result. In fact, subject the egg to repeated sound effects, you will also achieve the same results....The common denominator is all these is that, these activities displaces the particles around the egg, which then travels through the egg and subsequently displaces the egg particles, as the egg particular collides with each other, thereby gaining energy that will gradually heat them up...we were all thought these in elementary physic class.

Good write up, but recent studies have shown that certain materials used in making gadgets like phones can also emit ionizing radiation. Back to non-ionizing radiation. It is not completly safe! and remember, developing countries like nigeria have become dumping grounds for technology. who screens our mobile phones for example, to confirm that they meet up with global maximum levels?
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by Djtm(m): 1:17am On Oct 25, 2016
cutiepie25:
Thanks, i just learnt something new today.

You didn't learn anything, believe me. Take anything you see on NL front page with a grain of salt.
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by orisaoko: 2:01am On Oct 25, 2016
This has been a controversial debate in the field of microwave/radio wave generation and microwave and radio wave heating of materials. Theoretically, two basic parameters determine the heating capacity of generated em waves.

1. Power density 2. penetration depth

The two parameters are functions of the dielectric property of the material being heated. Microwave is a selective heating. This means that moisture content of the material is targeted by em wave because of its high dielectric constant and loss factor.

Egg has high moisture content and can be heated by faster by em wave. I have not done any experiment on egg but research work I carried out on cheese using microwave energy at 2.45GHz is not encouraging. It destroys basic minerals in cheese I cannot share more than this.

Always be careful the way you expose yourself to em waves. Investors pay researchers to publish robust papers about their products and suppress any conclusive data that are not favourable to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by patostation(m): 3:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Rita30:
If this were true many scrotums would have roasted before now

I don't know about any roasting of scrotums. But it is a well known and well reseached fact that communication and electricity grid lines are very hazardous to those who stay permanently under them.
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by jnrremedy(m): 3:15am On Oct 25, 2016
Oga sorry to say oo but u are the real ignoramus here. what you typed here is totally different from what the poor guy u called ignoramus said.
the main argument here is not whether electromagnetic waves is harmful to the health. what he is debunking is the heating effect of electromagnetic waves. he is more than 100 percent right about his opinion. Electromagnetic waves from phones( usually referred to as radiofrequency wave) does not have any biological heating effects whatesoever (even on a cell). SAR (specific absorption rate ) is the unit of measurement of the capability of phones to cause heating effect and all phones have their level (u can search online for the SAR of your phone model) No phones or mast (for now) have a SARs level that will cause a significant temperature rise in even a cell ( and mind u a cell is the smallest living things u can think of)
now back to your opinion, u might be a little bit right about some of the things u wrote,(health concern of mobile phone use and the conspiracy to cover up the evidence (pls note the word conspiracy)) but note that this is highly debatable even in the science world (i mean active research world). There are some large scale unbiased researches ongoing now in several countries to unravel the mystery about the true health effect of mobile phone use. meanwhile the WHO recommends that we should all be precautious on the use of mobile phones(exercise the precautionary principle; if u want to now more about that u can inbox me).
hope u are better informed now
NB am an authority on this issue. As a Public Health Environmetal Health Scientist and i have given a scientific presentation on this topic.
Gracias
mojeer678:

It's either you're being mischievous with the half-truths you typed here or you're truly and really an ignoramus.

Well, anyone who rely on mythbuster for facts and who was thought[/b] all these in elementary [b]physic class, you could be pardoned, slightly.

Let's open that narrow mind a little:

What is electromagnetic radiation?
When an electrical charge is accelerated, energy is released into space. This emission is called electromagnetic radiation (EMR). EMR carries energy that is usually invisible and that can move through space and penetrate most non-metal objects. Mobile phones use EMR to create an invisible wave that can carry your voice or other data. X-ray machines use such high frequencies that they can even penetrate most metals. Microwave ovens use EMR to heat food. Whenever moisture is present, such as when passing through a person, some radiation is absorbed, creating heat or molecular movement.

How did our government determine that cell phones are safe?

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) decided that cell phones are safe since the body temperature of a six-foot, 200 pound man using a cell phone for six minutes does not change significantly. The FDA has not conducted studies about how mobile phones, WiFi, antennas and wireless utility meters (alone or in combination) affect babies, children, pregnant women, the elderly, the infirm, or people with medical implants. Some scientists point to the non-thermal effects of using a cell phone:

• After 20 minutes of use, double-strands of DNA break into fragments. If the body's repair systems can't keep up with these breaks, cancer and birth defects can result.
• Cancer rates increase, especially when people begin using mobile phones as children and hen anyone uses one for 30 minutes or more per day for ten years or longer.
• After two hours of use, the blood-brain barrier begins to leak, allowing neurotoxins in food or from the environment (air or water) to affect brain and nerves, eventually leading to brain cell death.

My Comment: In Nigeria, the SON, NAFDAC and NCC have all been hijacked by vested interests. The NESREA has been systematically handicapped and starved of funds for training and capacity-building, hence Nigerian are on a long thing! You're O-Y-O!

Didn't the World Health Organization report that evidence of harm from cell phone use was not convincing?
Yes. However, the report was authored by Michael Repacholi, an industry consultant who received hundreds of thousands of dollars from corporations with vested interests.

My Comment: WHO has now sensibly made a U-Turn, in 2011 it classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (emitted by telecom masts) as possibly carcinogenic! to humans. Need we say more? See WHO International Agency for Research on Cancer Report of May 2011 issuing its decision that non-ionizing radiofrequency radiation has been classified as a 2B (Possible) Carcinogen which is the same category as DDT, lead, and engine exhaust. Just google: IARC’s Press Release No 208 dated 31 May, 2011

Some city planners claim that radiation emitted from WiMax is much too weak to affect human health. Is that true?
In Dirty Electricity, epidemiologist Samuel Milham MD MPH Writes, “When industry apologists say that fields are too weak to cause biological effects, I point them to any number of electro-therapeutic devices, such as pulsed high-frequency field generators that are used to accelerate the healing of bone fractures. Anything that can stimulate cell division and growth is a potential carcinogen.” (http://sammilham.com/contact.shtm)

How does WiFi impact health?
According to environmental consultant Stan Hartman, having a WiFi antenna in a router on your desk gives you about the same amount of radiation that you'd get 30 meters or less from a typical cell phone antenna.
In isolated human cells, WiFi-like signals can activate the "cell suicide" response.6

Are trees affected by WiFi?
Trees in areas with high WiFi activity have been found to suffer from bleeding, fissures in their bark, the death of parts of leaves, and abnormal growth. In the Netherlands, 70% of urban ash trees suffer from radiation sickness, including a "lead-like shine" on their leaves, indicating the leaves' oncoming death. In 2005, only 10% of ash trees suffered radiation sickness.

Is there any relationship between mobile phones, antennas and bee colony collapse?
In India, a study conducted by Dr. Sainuddin Pattazhy shows that EMR emitted by antennas cripples the "navigational skills" of worker bees who leave their colonies to collect nectar from flowers. When a mobile phone was kept near a beehive, the worker bees did not return, and the colony collapsed within ten days.

How does living near a mobile phone base station (also called a cell tower or cell antenna) affect human health?

Studies find that people living within 300 meters of a base station experience fatigue, headache, sleep disruption, irritability, depression, decreased libido, memory loss, dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite, visual disruptions and overall discomfort.

Nearby at home, a study on sperm and radiation from telecom masts was conducted, A. A. Otitoloju, I. A. Obe, O. A. Adewale, O. A. Otubanjo and V. O. Osunkalu. (2010) Preliminary Study on the Induction of Sperm Head Abnormalities in Mice, Mus musculus, Exposed to Radiofrequency Radiations from Global System for Mobile Communication Base Stations. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. Vol. 84, pg 51–54

The conclusion and warning from the Professor is this: The observation in this study of an increase in frequency of occurrence of sperm head abnormalities in exposed mice therefore adds to the growing evidence within the scientific community of the potential reproductive health effects of the constant exposure to RF radiations especially from GSM base stations which currently dots the landscape of many developing countries including Nigeria. The real environmental concern in many of these developing countries is the nondiscriminatory manner in which these base stations are sited in close proximity to residential homes, offices, hospitals and schools therefore increasing exposure level. This high level of exposure may ultimately cause problem to the general populace in the long term since there is really no conclusive evidence that RF radiations are safe. Although there is inherent difficulty in extrapolating results obtained in mice to humans, the results from this study, notwithstanding, gives an indication of potential public health risks that can be associated with exposure to RF radiations and implies that regulatory agencies in these countries ought to adopt the precautionary principle—‘‘better safe than sorry’’ in dealing with matters related to human exposure to RF radiations.

So, oga mythbuster, take your sorry tale elsewhere!

2 Likes

Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by kenx1(m): 3:24am On Oct 25, 2016
Leopantro:
you guys need to watch Myth Busters, this has been debunked so many times.
stop believing the gospel according to Whatsapp.

They won't they are busy watching telemoudo and Zeeworld
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by linearity: 3:32am On Oct 25, 2016
mojeer678:

It's either you're being mischievous with the half-truths you typed here or you're truly and really an ignoramus.

Well, anyone who rely on mythbuster for facts and who was thought[/b] all these in elementary [b]physic class, you could be pardoned, slightly.

Let's open that narrow mind a little:

What is electromagnetic radiation?
When an electrical charge is accelerated, energy is released into space. This emission is called electromagnetic radiation (EMR). EMR carries energy that is usually invisible and that can move through space and penetrate most non-metal objects. Mobile phones use EMR to create an invisible wave that can carry your voice or other data. X-ray machines use such high frequencies that they can even penetrate most metals. Microwave ovens use EMR to heat food. Whenever moisture is present, such as when passing through a person, some radiation is absorbed, creating heat or molecular movement.

How did our government determine that cell phones are safe?

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) decided that cell phones are safe since the body temperature of a six-foot, 200 pound man using a cell phone for six minutes does not change significantly. The FDA has not conducted studies about how mobile phones, WiFi, antennas and wireless utility meters (alone or in combination) affect babies, children, pregnant women, the elderly, the infirm, or people with medical implants. Some scientists point to the non-thermal effects of using a cell phone:

• After 20 minutes of use, double-strands of DNA break into fragments. If the body's repair systems can't keep up with these breaks, cancer and birth defects can result.
• Cancer rates increase, especially when people begin using mobile phones as children and hen anyone uses one for 30 minutes or more per day for ten years or longer.
• After two hours of use, the blood-brain barrier begins to leak, allowing neurotoxins in food or from the environment (air or water) to affect brain and nerves, eventually leading to brain cell death.

My Comment: In Nigeria, the SON, NAFDAC and NCC have all been hijacked by vested interests. The NESREA has been systematically handicapped and starved of funds for training and capacity-building, hence Nigerian are on a long thing! You're O-Y-O!

Didn't the World Health Organization report that evidence of harm from cell phone use was not convincing?
Yes. However, the report was authored by Michael Repacholi, an industry consultant who received hundreds of thousands of dollars from corporations with vested interests.

My Comment: WHO has now sensibly made a U-Turn, in 2011 it classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (emitted by telecom masts) as possibly carcinogenic! to humans. Need we say more? See WHO International Agency for Research on Cancer Report of May 2011 issuing its decision that non-ionizing radiofrequency radiation has been classified as a 2B (Possible) Carcinogen which is the same category as DDT, lead, and engine exhaust. Just google: IARC’s Press Release No 208 dated 31 May, 2011

Some city planners claim that radiation emitted from WiMax is much too weak to affect human health. Is that true?
In Dirty Electricity, epidemiologist Samuel Milham MD MPH Writes, “When industry apologists say that fields are too weak to cause biological effects, I point them to any number of electro-therapeutic devices, such as pulsed high-frequency field generators that are used to accelerate the healing of bone fractures. Anything that can stimulate cell division and growth is a potential carcinogen.” (http://sammilham.com/contact.shtm)

How does WiFi impact health?
According to environmental consultant Stan Hartman, having a WiFi antenna in a router on your desk gives you about the same amount of radiation that you'd get 30 meters or less from a typical cell phone antenna.
In isolated human cells, WiFi-like signals can activate the "cell suicide" response.6

Are trees affected by WiFi?
Trees in areas with high WiFi activity have been found to suffer from bleeding, fissures in their bark, the death of parts of leaves, and abnormal growth. In the Netherlands, 70% of urban ash trees suffer from radiation sickness, including a "lead-like shine" on their leaves, indicating the leaves' oncoming death. In 2005, only 10% of ash trees suffered radiation sickness.

Is there any relationship between mobile phones, antennas and bee colony collapse?
In India, a study conducted by Dr. Sainuddin Pattazhy shows that EMR emitted by antennas cripples the "navigational skills" of worker bees who leave their colonies to collect nectar from flowers. When a mobile phone was kept near a beehive, the worker bees did not return, and the colony collapsed within ten days.

How does living near a mobile phone base station (also called a cell tower or cell antenna) affect human health?

Studies find that people living within 300 meters of a base station experience fatigue, headache, sleep disruption, irritability, depression, decreased libido, memory loss, dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite, visual disruptions and overall discomfort.

Nearby at home, a study on sperm and radiation from telecom masts was conducted, A. A. Otitoloju, I. A. Obe, O. A. Adewale, O. A. Otubanjo and V. O. Osunkalu. (2010) Preliminary Study on the Induction of Sperm Head Abnormalities in Mice, Mus musculus, Exposed to Radiofrequency Radiations from Global System for Mobile Communication Base Stations. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. Vol. 84, pg 51–54

The conclusion and warning from the Professor is this: The observation in this study of an increase in frequency of occurrence of sperm head abnormalities in exposed mice therefore adds to the growing evidence within the scientific community of the potential reproductive health effects of the constant exposure to RF radiations especially from GSM base stations which currently dots the landscape of many developing countries including Nigeria. The real environmental concern in many of these developing countries is the nondiscriminatory manner in which these base stations are sited in close proximity to residential homes, offices, hospitals and schools therefore increasing exposure level. This high level of exposure may ultimately cause problem to the general populace in the long term since there is really no conclusive evidence that RF radiations are safe. Although there is inherent difficulty in extrapolating results obtained in mice to humans, the results from this study, notwithstanding, gives an indication of potential public health risks that can be associated with exposure to RF radiations and implies that regulatory agencies in these countries ought to adopt the precautionary principle—‘‘better safe than sorry’’ in dealing with matters related to human exposure to RF radiations.

So, oga mythbuster, take your sorry tale elsewhere!
Nice write up I must say and you definitely have some research, but you are stretching the truth. It appear, you picked a side of a coin and devote all your attention to it, clearly ignoring the other data.

I will like to use the international standard bodies you mention viz WHO and FDA to defunct your conclusions:

WHO did not conclude that, EMR is carcinogenic. There was concerns that it might be, hence WHO undertook the reach and by default, they must class it under five broad categories.

Group 1: Carcinogenic to humans.
Group 2A: Probably carcinogenic to humans.
Group 2B: Possibly carcinogenic to humans.
Group 3: Not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity to humans.
Group 4: Probably not carcinogenic to humans.

WHO/IARC interprets Group 2B as meaning, "There is limited evidence showing radiofrequency carcinogenicity in humans and less than sufficient evidence of carcinogenicity in experimental animals"

For perspective, WHO also classify Coffee as 2B.

I also noticed that, you copied and pasted some widely speculative internet sources without doing your own independent research. IARC did not clasify DDT and Lead in Group 2B, DDT is in 2A, and 2A is interpreted as 'There is strong evidence that is can cause cancel" which is different from 2A.

1 Like

Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by tdayof(m): 3:46am On Oct 25, 2016
EFX001:
This is not true...I work for a telecom mast company and that's not how it works sir!

I agree with you. Seun your mods are good at spreading lies. Why will you bring a false news to the front page? To show the world how foolish we NIGERIANS are? How dull we are that we do not know how EM radiation works?

If the radiation from the phone will boil an egg, then the sun shoukd do the same too. About telecommunications mass... What about photons from the sun??

We have got ionizing and non ionizing radiation. Visible light.. Gamma etc
Thrash
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by bidexmedia(m): 4:18am On Oct 25, 2016
Digital Solutions Available

Radio advertisement (Inspiration 92.3 in Lagos, Inspiration 100.5 in Ibadan and Inspiration 105.9 in Uyo)

Bulk SMS, GSM database, Email marketing, Blog design, SEO, etc

Call:- 08069073333, 07064642210

BBM pin - 7b8006db.

Website - www.bsms.com.ng
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by SpaceAngel: 4:53am On Oct 25, 2016
This is not true at all. What power do cellphones radiate to cook eggs, also try and see a copy of agreement for aquiring gsm site. Too much of anything may not be too safe, but not as it is out here.
angry

Lazyreporta:

Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by jnrremedy(m): 5:09am On Oct 25, 2016
the subject matter here is radiofrequency (electromagnetic wave from phones) everybody knows microwave has heating effect(more reason it is used to warm foods) note normal light too is electromagnetic (it belongs to the electromagnetic spectrum). The debate here is can electromagnetic wave from phones boil an egg? and the scientific true answer is an emphatic NO (it is scientifically impossible for now). Whether RF has harmful effect is entirely a different debate. Even the top scientist are divided over this(negative health effect of EM wave from phones) cause of insufficient scientific data. Insufficient data because mobile phone use is still relatively in its early days (less than 35yrs). It will take more time before enough scientific data will be available to succinctly give a final judgement on the issue. But this doesn"t mean its might not be harmful.
This ongoing debate and controversy is exactly a replica of the tobacco(cigarette) and abestors health concern. It took a while before science could reach a consensus on the harmful effect of tobacco use (that's y it is still difficult to totally ban tobacco use cause it took a while before science understood and agreed on the need to stop cigarette).
The issue here is not whether phone use has some harmful effect (it might, even my personal opinion here is "it has"wink its more about the misinformation of a phone or phones cooking egg. Science is the purest form of knowledge please dont corrupt it. Phones can not cook eggs. that is a scientific fact. U are free to believe it can cook egg (we all are entitled to our opinions) but please when u do dont qoute science (u can qoute religion or vodoo or atheism or ignorance)

orisaoko:
This has been a controversial debate in the field of microwave/radio wave generation and microwave and radio wave heating of materials. Theoretically, two basic parameters determine the heating capacity of generated em waves.

1. Power density 2. penetration depth

The two parameters are functions of the dielectric property of the material being heated. Microwave is a selective heating. This means that moisture content of the material is targeted by em wave because of its high dielectric constant and loss factor.

Egg has high moisture content and can be heated by faster by em wave. I have not done any experiment on egg but research work I carried out on cheese using microwave energy at 2.45GHz is not encouraging. It destroys basic minerals in cheese I cannot share more than this.

Always be careful the way you expose yourself to em waves. Investors pay researchers to publish robust papers about their products and suppress any conclusive data that are not favourable to them.

Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by streetzdreamz(m): 5:20am On Oct 25, 2016
MinorityTribe1:
How these stüpid whatapps message friends send self, I wonder what they gained from it. I receive another one telling me not to drink a certain Yoghurt that it explodes glass. Some people are just too stüpid to be called humans. How can handset cook an egg for God sake!
bro,i find it very funny,how one just wakes up conjure up some thoughts,start typing then begin to distribute, I delete any bs I find funny before I read through and block the sender, received one yesterday bout a perf,"lovely" the sender said its killed three people already hence Nigerians should stop using, man i just weak.
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by bay767: 5:22am On Oct 25, 2016
Lazyreporta:

Pls enlighten us more on that sir
Will b glad
Thank you

Please now that you have been enlightened do the needful and discredit this your story. Please

1 Like

Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 25, 2016
BULLPOO!!!

That's how hoaxes are perpetuated on Whatsapp...

Share with Friends and Family... grin grin grin grin
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by Dexema(m): 6:50am On Oct 25, 2016
skarlett:
This is all spoof, can't believe people actually fell for this hogwash undecided
I love intelligent ladies, not those that will copy this from NL and start broadcasting on whatsapp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by litaninja(m): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2016
The number of idiats in Naija tho....

Kachi188:
How can someone believe that the radio waves emitted from a phone can cook an egg? The kind of people we share the planet with sef.....
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by fakati(m): 7:20am On Oct 25, 2016
Thanks for the info

2 Likes

Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by asovital(m): 8:43am On Oct 25, 2016
thisPLS READ THE LAST 2WORDS IN THIS POST BEFORE U COMMENT. which is "FALSE INFORMATION"HE ALSO CROSSED EVERY WORDS TO SHOW U ITS FALSE or am i the only one seeing thisPLS READ THE LAST 2WORDS IN THIS POST BEFORE U COMMENT. which is "FALSE INFORMATION" or am i the only one seeing this
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by liquidsnake: 9:08am On Oct 25, 2016
Lazyreporta:
[s]In one of our training sessions,my mentor collected a Nokia torch hand set with fully charged battery. He brought a fresh egg. Then he puts the egg and the handset together and place them into a polythene bag. He tied the bag and told us to call the phone number..... Calling....calling.. ..busy.. busy.

Copied as received from a friend on whatsapp. [/s]

False information

Well done.

So how long did the fully charged Nokia phone last before the battery ran out?...SMH

I know some people will aggressively defend this as true and factual, but it takes a little thinking to see that this story isn't true.

For one, it would take more than a day for that phone's battery to drain completely. So the trainees waited, doing nothing but dialing a number for more than 24 hours? That must have been the most boring training session in history.

Second, the SAR, specific absorption rate, of phones is set at maximum 1.6 watts per kilogram. This is insufficient to increase measurably a body's temperature. Talkless of cooking an egg!!

Let's even assume that the SAR stated above is enough, it would require continuous exposure for long periods of time. From the story this is not possible. Only one call can connect at a time. And it takes about 20 seconds after which it disconnect. And a few seconds wait before another could get through. So very short periods of exposure.

So well done. The phone cooked your story well. Abi?
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by Fantastic2m(m): 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
lmao
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
Kachi188:
How can someone believe that the radio waves emitted from a phone can cook an egg? The kind of people we share the planet with sef.....
its physics bro, anything can happen
Re: Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) by Kachi188(m): 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
its physics bro, anything can happen

Bro, the EM waves generated from a phone cannot boil an egg, fullstop.....leave physics please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Free Polyphonic Ringtones To Your Phone / What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? / Today Is Black Friday! Share Your Online Shopping Experience Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.