Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:49 AM

MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (83354 Views)

Mmm Nigeria Reduces Poverty By 20%(bbc News) Pic / We Are Investigating MMM Ponzi Scheme — EFCC / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? (MUST READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by raindrop99: 10:29am On Oct 31, 2016
Zedoo:

Exactly....money to show off.. You musnt tell the whole world you bought a laptop and at receiving 145 and buying piece of land....you NEVER HELP ANYbody for your family with the money....why you dey rant?
Cooly and calmly encourage people to sign on...you dont have to flash it everywhere...

This is the thing about easy money....
Quote wisely. My comment is 4 those who still think its a scam or cant u read nd comprehend

#busy body
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Pinkyberry2(f): 6:50am On Nov 20, 2016
Yinn:
Been living in fear since, while my mates are making it big. Decided MMM is a risk worth taking, Ponzi or Pontiac, I choose to overlook that. MMM here I come.
grin
I can register u if u want.
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Zealoy(m): 8:14am On Nov 20, 2016
For ur information it is stated at d website to provide help with your spare money it might interest u that I've made back my initial capital 10x n d so called ponzhi scheme as u call it has made me a young millionaire, I've bought my first car, bought several lands n also I have an offline business with d money made from the so called ponzi scheme, n am sure there are a lot of people with so many testimonies. If MMM is a scam that means I love this kind of scam, pls let them keep scamming me
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by silvernus0: 12:54am On Nov 21, 2016
OP

That is a partial report a one sided report , you never told us the part when they became so succesfull and counted money in room fulls before the russian govenment became over worried with their success and impose a huge tax on them which fatrated them and people lost money

U dint aslo tell us that inspite all this he was voted into the russian senate called DURA because they belived he was not responsible for their predicament

U dint also tell us that the scheme is still running in zimbabwe and south africa

MMM grew rapidly. In February 1994, the company reported dividends of 1,000%, and started an aggressive TV ad campaign. Since the shares were not quoted on any stock exchange and the company itself determined the share price, it maintained a steady price growth of thousands of percent annually, leading the public to believe its shares were a safe and profitable investment.[citation needed]

An important factor in the scheme's success was word of mouth, but most of the company's success came from its extremely aggressive ad campaign, which appealed to the general public by using "ordinary" characters that viewers could identify with. The most famous of them, a "folk hero" of early 1994, was Lyonya Golubkov. Another notable marketing effort was a giveaway of free Metro trips to all Moscow citizens on a particular day. MMM also was one of the first well-known companies in Russia with a logotype and slogans ("Flying from shadow to the light" and others).[citation needed]

At its peak the company was taking in more than 100 billion rubles (about 50 million USD) each day from the sale of its shares to the public. Thus, the cashflow turnover at the MMM central office in Moscow was so high that it could not be estimated. The management started to count money in roomfuls (1 roomful of money, 2 roomfuls of money, etc.).[citation needed]

Regular publication in the media of the rising MMM share price led President Boris Yeltsin to issue a decree in June 1994 prohibiting financial institutions from publicising their expected income.[citation needed]

The success of MMM in attracting investors led to the creation of other similar companies, including Tibet, Chara, Khoper-Invest, Selenga, Telemarket, and Germes. All of these companies were characterised by aggressive television advertising and extremely high promised rates of return. One company promised annual returns of 30,000%.[citation needed]

On July 22, 1994, the police closed the offices of MMM for tax evasion. For a few days the company attempted to continue the scheme, but soon ceased operations. At that point, Invest-Consulting, one of the company's subsidiaries, owed more than 50 billion rubles in taxes (USD 26 million), and MMM itself owed between 100 billion and 3 trillion rubles to the investors (from USD 50 million to USD 1.5 billion). In the aftermath at least 50 investors, having lost all of their money, committed suicide.[citation needed]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMM_(Ponzi_scheme_company)

ITS A RISK WORT TAKING AFTERALL NOTHIN IS SURE ONLY DEATH
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by wealth123: 11:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
Just reading your uninformed write-up. Who told you MMM is a company? it is a movement against the unfair financial system of the world. All we do is to donate money to one another and get rewarded for doing so. Your reasoning is as a result of your half baked education. You can not decipher between a company and a Movement propelled by an ideology. Go back to school and start from JSS 1. Chief, the last time you gave money to your friend, did you register first with CAC in Abuja? Do you now see that your ignorance has NAFDAC number?

Talking about maintaining wealth, how can you maintain what you don't have? MMM has over 2.4 million participants in Nigeria now, so stay there and continue forming fake wealthy man. When recession fever catch up with you, MMM will be waiting for you to deliver you.
abbey621:

Stop acting like an ignoramus, the person you are talking to does not need MMM to maintain his wealth. I've been there done that, so save me your blabbering! From your writing, it is clear you do not even know what MMM stands for, unfortunately people like you will only end up luring unsuspecting victims out of their hard earned cash. You have no evidence of what your money is used for,this company is not registered properly in Nigeria yet you want people to join,you must be sick!
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by LOVEGINO(m): 10:40am On Nov 22, 2016
Do you Know that you can invest and receive 3.60% of your investment daily forever. click on my signature to register.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by abbey621(m): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
wealth123:
Just reading your uninformed write-up. Who told you MMM is a company? it is a movement against the unfair financial system of the world. All we do is to donate money to one another and get rewarded for doing so. Your reasoning is as a result of your half baked education. You can not decipher between a company and a Movement propelled by an ideology. Go back to school and start from JSS 1. Chief, the last time you gave money to your friend, did you register first with CAC in Abuja? Do you now see that your ignorance has NAFDAC number?

Talking about maintaining wealth, how can you maintain what you don't have? MMM has over 2.4 million participants in Nigeria now, so stay there and continue forming fake wealthy man. When recession fever catch up with you, MMM will be waiting for you to deliver you.

Where do Nairaland get people like you from? Just read what you wrote, if you have any form of reasoning, you would realize certain people don't need MMM to make it in life. If half of the people participating in MMM have credible decent paying jobs, they would not participate. As for your theory on movement or business, answer one question: What happens when someone that received help decides not to give help? Save your sermon for people in your class and stay in your lane!
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by silvernus0: 3:30am On Nov 23, 2016
abbey621:

Where do Nairaland get people like you from? Just read what you wrote, if you have any form of reasoning, you would realize certain people don't need MMM to make it in life. If half of the people participating in MMM have credible decent paying jobs, they would not participate. As for your theory on movement or business, answer one question: What happens when someone that received help decides not to give help? Save your sermon for people in your class and stay in your lane!

you cannot get help when you have not given help ,and if you deceide to lev after geting your first help its your headache people always want reinvest it takes up to four months of consistent investment to realise a profit at hand

also every other person may not have the good pay job that you think yo have , dont expect every one to reason the same way with u.u can

only advice your friends here to trade with caution
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by jist2day: 8:21am On Nov 23, 2016
I am interested in helping you register for mmm bitcoin that pays 50% join me and my team on whatsapp
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by dagok(f): 9:29am On Nov 23, 2016
[/b]Hello my fellow Mavrodian if you have a GUIDER and the number is not reacheable or not picking your call or he didnt attend to you anytime you have issue with your MMM ACCOUNT...Am available for you 24/7 and respond to you any issue you may have with your MMM ACCOUNT....If you have any issue with your MMM ACCOUNT and you want to make me be your GUIDER.....CHAT ME UP ON WHATSAAP 08132355293 and my E-MAIL ADRESS is dagok2014@gmail.com.....TOGETHER WITH LOVE WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.[b]

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by OVERCONFIDENCE(m): 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by jist2day: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
guider is changeable if he is not behaving well. If he does not guide or respond to your issue, you can change your guider
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2016
Please, I want to leave my money for more than 35 days! Has anyone tried it before ??
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Demolavoices(m): 8:40am On Dec 14, 2016
Rita30:
Foolish boy
Wise man
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by SweetJoystick(m): 11:19am On Dec 14, 2016
misscall247:
hahaha.......may God Neva allow u to invest in mmm if like DAT.........abeg bros no invest make 4stil last more
Mentioned it here, it has happened. Fortunately for me, I registered but didn't redeem pledged amount grin
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by SweetJoystick(m): 11:21am On Dec 14, 2016
delerx:
Abeg Bros no invest in mmm so Tht it will not crash but u fit crash ur paper house.who cares
Mentioned it here, it has happened. Fortunately for me, I registered 2 weeks ago but didn't redeem pledged amount grin
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by SweetJoystick(m): 11:22am On Dec 14, 2016
adedayoadedeji:

abeg I take God beg you no invest ooo. mk e no go crash
Mentioned it here, it has happened. Fortunately for me, I registered 2 weeks ago but didn't redeem pledged amount grin
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by adedayoadedeji(m): 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2016
SweetJoystick:

na u cause am b DAT o

1 Like

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by dagok(f): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
[/b]Hello my fellow Mavrodian.....If you have any problem or issue with your MMM ACCOUNT or You want to CHANGE YOUR GUIDER to someone that will be there for you and pick your call all the time and attend to you if you have any issue with your MMM ACCOUNT....CHAT ME UP ON 08132355293.....I WILL ATTEND TO ANY ISSUE AND QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE WITH MMM......MMM IS NOT CRASH we are coming back fully on or before JANUARY 14th......CHAT ON WHATSAAP 08132355283....GUIDER CEO.[b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Full List Of Elon Musk’s Wives, Girlfriends And Children (Photos) / 6 Keys to Success in Setting Up Your Small Business / Man In Only Towel At Ecobank ATM Withdrawing Money (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.