Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,275 members, 7,815,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Recession. What Is The Lesson? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession. What Is The Lesson? (370 Views)

The Lesson For Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo / The Day Nigeria Landlords Gathered In Minna: The Lesson For The Tenants / Recession: What Fashola Posited In 2012. This Is The Reason We Did Not Save... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recession. What Is The Lesson? by Bonejr(m): 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
My previous post on youth & change for national development had stimulated me to write this one again. In these topics I talk about how we can help in bringing about the change, but unfortunately many youth are gripped in sins and vices.
Going with the current slogan “Change begin with me” Every Nigerian youth is the ambassador of change, in English they said "if you cannot change a situation you are challenged to change yourself" as youths we are blessed with exceptional talent, if we used it in a right direction good things will surely come.
If we take a look at our fore fathers they have more contentment in their poverty than we have in our wealth today that is why they sleep better in their hut than we sleep in the hotels.
There is this fire of sin that crossed the world. We have learned in our religious scriptures that whenever sin will become very common among people a divine trials, challenges and crisis will descend on them. Looking at the situation in our country corruption and deception had become so common and trivial in the eyes of people. Many youth envy corruption, they look at political and government thieves as role models, this makes it possible that when one leader left the one who will take over from him will do worse than him.
The nature of this crisis is such that it spread on the land and sea not minding the perpetrators and the noble ones. In essence everybody is feeling for himself.
Hence one American writer said it beautifull "we are nation who are blessed and burdened by our valued system" the very source of our income contributed to vices in our society. Has is not the same situation in Nigeria today?
With a painful tear in my eye today in Nigeria we are facing a crisis of who will police the police, judge the judges and guard the guardians.
What is Your Role as an Individual Citizen?
Briefly the role of you and I are:
1. Fear of God - inculcate the fear of God Almighty in everything you do. Do good anyway you will never regret. In English they said as human we cannot be sinless rather we can sin less. Try to avoid sins of adultery and fornication as their consequences are very destructive.
2. Give Charity – no matter how small don’t underestimate the power of giving charity. We are familiar with all this quotes “givers never lack” but do you know that giving charity (especially secretly) diverts calamity?
3. Pray – In respective of your faith never seize to pray for the betterment of this country. Prayer is a sword of a believer.
4. Mind your words – stop communicating evil about people especially the rulers, some people have venom in their in their tongues. Speak what is good anyway and always be optimistic.
5. Seek Knowledge – both western and religious knowledge are very important, try and strike a balance between the two your life will be great and blessed. The knowledge will also help you to admonish people when see them doing wrong (one sin can afflict the world).
The last thing I also want to touch is our role as business men. Last two days a senior friend was speculating something saying that is better civil servants not ask for salary increment because once a Naira is added to their salary everything will double its price in the market. As a business man/woman always remember these:
1. Have mercy on your costumers
2. Small profit is better than bigger interest
3. Be honest to those you deal with
4. Remember wealth is in contentment not in money

(1) (Reply)

Pres. Buhari's Speech At The NIPSS Parley / The $30 Billion Borrowing Gamble, By Olusegun Adeniyi / 5 More Reasons Jibrin May Have Fled Into Exile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.