Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

5 More Reasons Jibrin May Have Fled Into Exile - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 More Reasons Jibrin May Have Fled Into Exile (372 Views)

Ezenachukwu Okwudili, IPOB 'New Leader': "Nnamdi Kanu Fled To London" / Ben Bruce Poses With Plane Ojukwu Left Nigeria With & Fled To Ivory Coast / Tinubu’s Private Plane Flies Jammeh Into Exile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 More Reasons Jibrin May Have Fled Into Exile by RipplesNigeria: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2016
Latter day anti-corruption crusader, Abdulmumin Jibrin, who was suspended for 180 days by the Yakubu Dogara-led House of Representatives, on Monday announced, through a series of tweets, that he had fled into exile.
He spoke from far away London where earlier reports said he had gone to receive an award from African Voice, a London-based newspaper. Additional reports quoted Jibrin as saying, via a statement released on Sunday, that the award was in recognition of his “efforts in helping to eradicate corruption.
“The award is a huge morale booster because it is coming at a very difficult and challenging period.
“It’s a period I had to leave my post as Appropriation chairman of the House of Representatives, suspended through subterranean means by Speaker Yakubu Dogara and received several threats to my life by the highly placed public officials I accused of corruption,” Mr. Jibrin said.
He added, “Despite the difficulties I am going through, I will never be cowed to silence. I assure you I will never retreat from this worthy line of action. I shall remain committed to the fight against corruption in the House of Representatives and Nigeria as a whole.”
Jibrin’s rapid rise to national visibility began sometime in July when he, soon after he was sacked as Chairman, Appropriation Committee of the House, accused Speaker Dogara and a few others of perpetrating massive fraud running into billions of naira under the guise of vetting the national budget.
The crisis reached a head in September when the House, in apparent move to stem further embarrassments, suspended him without pay for 180 legislative working days, effectively barring him from accessing his office at the National Assembly complex.
Full Details: https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/5-reasons-jibrin-may-fled-exile/

(1) (Reply)

Man Vow To Do Anything Possible To Make Akeredolu Emerge In Ondo State Election / What About The Other Girl / Those Behind Fulani Militia (known As Fulani Herdsmen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.