Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari (1339 Views)

Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures / Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) / Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by 989900D: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
– Some Nigerians in Diaspora have asked President Muhammadu Buhari to sack the governor of Central BanK of Nigeria (CBN) Godwin Emefiele
– These Nigerians under the aegis of Nigerians in Diaspora Monitoring Group (NDMG) also threatened to lock down Nigeria’s High Commission in the United Kingdom
– The group accused Emefiele of converting the CBN into the personal bank of his business friends

Some Nigerians living in Diaspora have called on President Muhammadu Buhari to sac the governor of the central Ban of Nigeria Godwin Emefiele for incompetence and deliberate sabotage of the country’s economy. These Nigerians under the aegis if Nigerians in Diaspora Monitoring Group (NDMG) accused the CBN governor of handling the naira poorly. The group in a statement signed by its United Kingdom coordinator Adeka Oyinlo and made available to NAIJ.com said Emefiele through questionable monetary policy ruined the value of Nigeria’s currency. The group also threatened to embark on a massive protest at the Nigeria’s High Commission in United Kingdom if Emefiele is not sacked immediately. The statement also said other chapters of the NDMG have also been contacted to take the same action. Oyinlo said the problems caused by Emefiele are so grave.

He said, Emefiele should have been fired immediately while the president retroactively seek Senate’s backing but that the need to adhere to due process and the necessity of not spooking the economy were the only argument against such approach. He added that anyone with honour would have resigned as the governor of the apex bank without waiting for outcry from Nigerians. Oyinlo noting the recruitment scandal at the CBN said Nigeria’s dwindling economy is a result of Emefiele’s service of interest to his cronies in and out of the government. Oyinlo said: “We have seen Mr Emefiele converting the Central Bank of Nigeria into the personal bank of his business friends which he used to raise dollars for them to execute projects not just in Nigeria but also in other African countries without a thought for how this would affect the nation’s economy.” “The CBN has also largely abdicated his and the bank’s regulatory roles to the commercial banks under the Bankers’ Committee, which has consequently created a situation where a clique takes decisions to the detriment of 180 million Nigerians so long as their bottom line is met,” he said.

“This perhaps explains why Emefiele’s reactions to the troubled naira has been nothing short of knee jerking that has seen series of policy somersaults that occurred within days in some instances. The group also said Emefiele is only concerned about making life miserable for the populace while strengthening the hands of the forex cabal. “Round tripping and false declaration of forex application have continued unabated while Emefiele looks the other way as his buddies on the Bankers’ Committee make killings on hourly basis. “The CBN governor’s only intervention is to further compound the problem by removing those who stand in the way of his friends’ profit. “For the avoidance of doubt, Nigerians who have to seek medical treatment abroad are dying, not just because treatment has become more expensive in dollars-naira terms but also because they now face impossibly long delays in getting forex to commence treatment. “Too many youths have also been forced to abort their education abroad and consequently shatter their dreams. “These nightmarish scenario must end, which is why we are asking President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately approach the Senate to get the necessary backing for Mr Godwin Emefiele’s removal as CBN Governor.

“Where Mr President does not immediately remove him we will mass at Nigeria’s High Commission in the United Kingdom and ensure that the place remains on lockdown. “We have fortunately secured the understanding of our chapters in other countries to take similar steps to drive home the message. “Those of us in the Diaspora now bear untold burden because of the hardship trailing Mr Emefiele’s poor handling of the naira, which we have been able to establish as a deliberate act of sabotage,” Oyinlo said.

Meanwhile, two northern group had last week clashed over the call for the sack of the CBN governor. The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF) had slammed the Northern Youth Council of Nigeria over the latter’s call for the resignation of Emefiele. Also, members of the House of Representative at its sitting on Wednesday, October 5, demanded Emefiele’s removal.

Copied from Naij.
Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by 989900D: 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
There is fire on the mountain.
Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by seunmsg(m): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
Buhari cannot unilaterally sack the CBN governor without the consent of the senate. If he writes the senate to remove him on the ground of incompetence, the matter will be politicised and tribalised. The backlash will wreck more havoc on the economy considering the fact that Emefiele is from Delta, an oil producing state. Wailers will have one more reason to wail while avengers will have another reason to blow up pipelines. We just have to stick with him till 2019.
Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by ikp120(m): 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
Let me use this opportunity to appeal to my fellow guys in the house, please stop spending money on girlfriend o... Most naija girls of nowadays are out for money, not love... Please let's discourage it.

As for sex and romance. Abeg which day did sex and romance become exclusive to guys... Both guys and girls enjoy it... If tomorrow she say she no dey do again, you will be able to boldly tell her "Okay"... Was it not my Philippine gf that was eager to send me an iPhone, even when I was like I didn't care?

My guys wise up... Relationship is not a career... When a guy tells me that his girlfriend just jilted him, the only thing I ask him is "Did you spend money on her?". If he says "Yes", me myself go sack the guy sharp sharp. My opinion though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by psucc(m): 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
I disagree with them. Emefiele's sack cannot bring respite until Buhari gives freehand to run and also heed expert advice.

These are the only two factors that can revivie the economy.
Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by Volksfuhrer(m): 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
Truly, Emefiele has been a disaster!

But sacking Emefiele is highly improbable, because Buhari agrees with Emefiele's stone-age CBN policies!
Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by plaetton: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
Volksfuhrer:
Truly, Emefiele has been a disaster!

But sacking Emefiele is highly improbable, because Buhari agrees with Emefiele's stone-age CBN policies!

How really convenient it is for you bunch of cowards.
Blame everyone but Buhari , the real culprit.

I guess you buffoons are not aware that the many policy flops emanating from the CBN is because Buhari and his inner cabal are interferin g with the monetary Independence of the CBN.
Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by Funlordjnr: 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2016
undecided
ikp120:
Let me use this opportunity to appeal to my fellow guys in the house, please stop spending money on girlfriend o... Most naija girls of nowadays are out for money, not love... Please let's discourage it.

As for sex and romance. Abeg which day did sex and romance become exclusive to guys... Both guys and girls enjoy it... If tomorrow she say she no dey do again, you will be able to boldly tell her "Okay"... Was it not my Philippine gf that was eager to send me an iPhone, even when I was like I didn't care?

My guys wise up... Relationship is not a career... When a guy tells me that his girlfriend just jilted him, the only thing I ask him is "Did you spend money on her?". If he says "Yes", me myself go sack the guy sharp sharp. My opinion though.

And what the _fuck has this your epistle got to do with the content of this thread?

Abeg just take this sort of trash back to the romance section!
Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by Sealeddeal(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
The name of the leader of the so called, Diasporan Nigerians' is Adeka Oyinla.
We know Afonjas and their politics of hate. Afonjas thought that removing Emefiele will see them get the job.
Afonjas will not call for the removal of Adeosun.

1 Like

Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
plaetton:

How really convenient it is for you bunch of cowards.
Blame everyone but Buhari , the real culprit.

I guess you buffoons are not aware that the many policy flops emanating from the CBN is because Buhari and his inner cabal are interferin g with the monetary Independence of the CBN.

Typical, uncouth response from a 21st century Cro Magnon. If you had comprehension problems, picking up a cheap jss English Language textbook could have sufficed to get you updated.

In any case, if Buhari's cabals have been overbearing on the CBN Governor as you suggested, why didn't Emefiele use the honorable exit door? In stead, he stays and presides over policy somersaults and a foreign exchange fiasco.

Perhaps, you could have been less visceral and more cerebral with your submission.

Kindest regards.
Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by MadamExcellency: 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
Buhari and his kitchen cabinet remotely control CBN

Sack Buhari now, Nigerians at home advocate.

Presidency Passes Vote Of Confidence On Emefiele

www.nairaland.com/3397013/presidency-passes-vote-confidence-emefiele
Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by plaetton: 7:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

Typical, uncouth response from a 21st century Cro Magnon. If you had comprehension problems, picking up a cheap jss English Language textbook could have sufficed to get you updated.

In any case, if Buhari's cabals have been overbearing on the CBN Governor as you suggested, why didn't Emefiele use the honorable exit door? In stead, he stays and presides over policy somersaults and a foreign exchange fiasco.

Perhaps, you could have been less visceral and more cerebral with your submission.

Kindest regards.

And in typical fashion, you are more carried away by your own empty verbosity than in articulating common sense.
Re: Sack CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, Nigerians In Diaspora Tell Buhari by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
plaetton:

And in typical fashion, you are more carried away by your own empty verbosity than in articulating common sense.

Your non sequitur is enervating. It's obvious you are out of your depth.

(1) (Reply)

Intrigues As Ubah,obaze,ezeemo Test Run 2017 Governorship Ambitions / PHOTOS: Gov. Wike Attends Traditional Marriage Of Prince & Mrs Chinwe Ken Chiker / Caption These Photos Of Gov. Fayose And Pastor J. Suleiman In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.