Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures (18988 Views)

"I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments / Governor Udom Emmanuel Swears In 19 Commissioners, Special Advisers (Photos) / Governor Godwin Obaseki Sleeping At UN General Assembly (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by viviangist: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2017
@VIVIANGIST

Obaseki swears in 19 female aides, tasked them to improve women’s conditions

The Governor of Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has charged the 19 new female aides to do all within their power to improve the socio-economic conditions of women across the state.

Obaseki gave the charge on Monday during the swearing in ceremony of the Special Adviser and 18 Special Assistants on Gender, at the Government House in Benin City.

He urged the appointees not to see their appointments as an opportunity to make some people happy, but a chance to change the circumstances of women, who are about 50 per cent of the state’s population, for the better.

Congratulating the appointees, the governor said that any society that seeks rapid progress and development must not ignore or isolate the women.

“Women represent 50 per cent if not more of our population. There must be more women representation in everything we do if we want progress and development,” he said.

Obaseki explained that there are lots of gender issues in the society that the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development alone, cannot handle, hence the need for the appointment of a Special Adviser and 18 Special Assistants on gender, who will be reporting issues affecting women to his office.

“I need 19 sets of eyes to help me see and identify what is happening with women across the state. Women are powerful economic units and social mobilisers who can change our society. We should create the avenue to reach out to them, know what they are going through and not only to use them for political gains. We need to support them to do more for themselves,” he advised.

He urged the aides to report to his office monthly with the challenges facing women in their various local government areas.

“I want to know what is happening to our women in the market, hospitals, their children’s education and issues that relate to human trafficking in your local government areas.”

Speaking on behalf of appointees, the Special Adviser on Gender, Ms. Efosa Uyigue, expressed their gratitude to the governor for honouring them with the new positions and assured of their readiness to contribute their quota to improving the lives of women in the state.

BY VIVIAN GIST : http://www.viviangist.ng/godwin-obaseki-19-female-aides/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by Bolustical: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2017
Aides on what?

Let's know their titles and offices first!

Happiness, Reproduction, Statutes, Sexual Fulfilment?

Nigerians deserve to know.

26 Likes

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by 201320142015ob(m): 9:12am On Dec 12, 2017
Back then in school,
Apart from me, Who else pretend to be thinking of an answer whenever the teacher looks at u, but deep down, ur head is actually empty?

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by thesicilian: 9:43am On Dec 12, 2017
201320142015ob:
Back then in school,
Apart from me, Who else pretend to be thinking of an answer whenever the teacher looks at u, but deep down, ur head is actually empty?
It's just you. I guess it's still empty because your comment doesn't correlate with the topic.

88 Likes

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by adadike281(f): 9:46am On Dec 12, 2017
201320142015ob:
Back then in school,
Lol, mine is in secondary school. Model sch inside (kwara state college of education) Esp during Mrs Gambari's lesson. That woman is a Fulani female terrorist and from Emirs palace o.
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by Samusu(m): 9:50am On Dec 12, 2017
Him try
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by dukie25: 9:56am On Dec 12, 2017
“Women represent 50 per cent if not more of our population. There must be more women representation in everything we do if we want progress and development,” he said.

How about telling this to the Dullardeen of Daura?

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by agbonkamen(f): 10:02am On Dec 12, 2017
My fugly Governor is working grin

2 Likes

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by BamBella(m): 10:03am On Dec 12, 2017
19 of his girlfriends as special aids you mean

This is what Godwin Obaseki deserves.

8 Likes

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by Lomprico2: 10:03am On Dec 12, 2017
To aide in za oza room activities abi! grin
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by EngrMcDon(m): 10:03am On Dec 12, 2017
Hmmmm, so una dey comment before the post hits front page. Una well done oo

4 Likes

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by AishaBuhari: 10:03am On Dec 12, 2017
Commissioner for women affairs lipsrsealed
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by Bimpe29: 10:04am On Dec 12, 2017
Paid O******o with official schedules.
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by sammyj: 10:04am On Dec 12, 2017
Hope all of them will not go the way of Alison and Oduwa !!! grin grin grin
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by Northernonyenku(m): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2017
This ugly man wants to overpopulate the oza room
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by enemyofprogress: 10:05am On Dec 12, 2017
I'm sure half are his family members and the remaining half his concubines and those of his friends
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by Asuokaa: 10:05am On Dec 12, 2017
Do you know you can share rent or space and offer short lets where ever you are in Lagos, Accra, Cape Town etc.

Share Rent, Connect with users looking to rent an apartment in the same location you desire but cant afford the total package.

Share Space/ Short Lets. Share that empty space, shop, office space with someone so as to save cost and make more money.
Visit https://cotenant.com.ng/add-your-listing/ to get started
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by quiverfull(m): 10:05am On Dec 12, 2017
Waist...erm sorry, I meant waste.
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by manutdrichie(m): 10:05am On Dec 12, 2017
Bolustical:
Aides on what?

Let's know their titles and offices first!

Happiness, Reproduction, Statutes, Sexual Fulfilment?

Nigerians deserve to know.

Nigerians or Edo people?

You will not go and mind the business of your state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by kstyle2(m): 10:06am On Dec 12, 2017
Na wa. 19 aides? What is the individual job function required from them?
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by Evidence1000(m): 10:08am On Dec 12, 2017
thesicilian:

It's just you. I guess it's still empty because your comment doesn't correlate with the topic.

Lawd!!! I'm dead����

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by jericco1(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2017
nawa. it's good in one way.
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by dondo83(m): 10:15am On Dec 12, 2017
adadike281:
Lol, mine is in secondary school. Model sch inside (kwara state college of education) Esp during Mrs Gambari's lesson. That woman is a Fulani female terrorist and from Emirs palace o.
. My alma mater
Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by sunnyside16(m): 10:16am On Dec 12, 2017
Last time in the news, 70% of female libya deportees where from Edo state. So i guess this is a way of saying stay back you can be useful for us.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by abels(m): 10:17am On Dec 12, 2017
thesicilian:

i tire o

1 Like

Re: Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures by adadike281(f): 10:17am On Dec 12, 2017
dondo83:
. My alma mater
wow! Nice to meet you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alhassan Ado Garba Hires Thugs To Attack Community For Asking Questions - SR / Tsav, Others Accuse Obasanjo, INEC Officials Of Conspiracy To Rig Polls / Willie Obiano Celebrates His 66th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.