Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria (26872 Views)

Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Victims Of The Collapsed Three-Storey Building In Lagos (Photos) / Three Storey Building Collapses At Ilasa, Lagos (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 25, 2016
myners007:
Does this mean that Ghana is far more advanced than Nigeria?

One was built by slave owner's, the other by free men. One was built to house as many slaves as possible, the other a missionary residence. One was built in portuguese "Baroque" style the other in minimalisr/ spartan British style. Different times, different builders, different objectives - no comparison.
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by LaExpert: 6:58am On Oct 25, 2016
JingoOAU:

You people are mixing it up. The building in Badagry is not the oldest in Nigeria...its just the first storey building in Nigeria

We need to introduce history into our curriculum asap

Is the firstborn not the oldest child?

Oldest storey building, not building.
That of Ghana isn't the oldest building either.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by tetula123(m): 7:00am On Oct 25, 2016
nice
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by tetula123(m): 7:02am On Oct 25, 2016
YorubaStinks:
That building is the only reason why i don't use the "N" word (Nigga)

Imagine what my ancestors went through

They were shackled with a heavy chain, dumped in an overcrowded ship, stayed for about 8 months at sea, without food and water, they shiit where they were sitting, they didn't bath, they didn't brush their teeth, some died on the voyage and they were taken to America to do a hard labour and at the end of the day, those evil white people will call them "Niggers"

And some Foolish kids who can't stay without their phones or Internet for 3 hours, kids who doesn't know how it feels like to sit on one spot shackled with chain for 9 months will have the effrontery to use that word

If i ever hear someone around me use that word, I'm done being your friend or talking to you
nigger grin
YorubaStinks:

They were shackled with a heavy chain, dumped in an overcrowded ship, stayed for about 8 months at sea, without food and water, they shiit where they were sitting, they didn't bath, they didn't brush their teeth, some died on the voyage and they were taken to America to do a hard labour and at the end of the day, those evil white people will call them "Niggers"

And some Foolish kids who can't stay without their phones or Internet for 3 hours, kids who doesn't know how it feels like to sit on one spot shackled with chain for 9 months will have the effrontery to use that word

If i ever hear someone around me use that word, I'm done being your friend or talking to you
nigger

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by dajan03: 7:05am On Oct 25, 2016
DAVECENA:

No it doesn't... Just meant civilization took root there before Nigeria.
there was civilization in Nigeria and even Ghana before European Came. European only brought western civilization and not civilization in total
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by onatisi(m): 7:10am On Oct 25, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Elmina Castle was erected by Portuguese in 1482 as São Jorge da Mina (St. George of the Mine ) Castle, also known simply as Mina or Feitoria da Mina ) in present-day Elmina ,
Ghana (formerly the Gold Coast ). It was the first trading post built on the Gulf of Guinea, so is the oldest European building in existence below the Sahara. First established as a trade settlement, the castle later became one of the most important stops on the route of the Atlantic slave trade . The Dutch seized the fort from the Portuguese in 1637, and took over all the Portuguese Gold Coast in 1642. The slave trade continued under the Dutch until 1814; in 1872 the
Dutch Gold Coast , including the fort, became a possession of the British Empire

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/.../
Is this not osu castle in Accra?
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by APCmyheart(m): 7:10am On Oct 25, 2016
jasent:
What's the lesson in this op?

That building is over 600yrs
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 25, 2016
YorubaStinks:

The word Niggah is as bad as your moniker.

Send your address, I'll ask santa to send you a cone hat for Christmas.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by YorubaStinks: 7:26am On Oct 25, 2016
gbosaa:

The word Niggah is as bad as your moniker.

Send your address, I'll ask santa to send you a cone hat for Christmas.

Cone hat ??

I only wear helmets
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 25, 2016
YorubaStinks:

Cone hat ??

I only wear helmets

Cone helmet then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by sunboy(m): 7:32am On Oct 25, 2016
greenpasture:

One was built by slave owner's, the other by free men. One was built to house as many slaves as possible, the other a missionary residence. One was built in portuguese "Baroque" style the other in minimalisr/ spartan British style. Different times, different builders, different objectives - no comparison.

God bless your sense!!!
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by thaoriginator: 7:36am On Oct 25, 2016
YorubaStinks:

Bitttch asss nigger!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by Barigaboy(m): 7:37am On Oct 25, 2016
myners007:
Good morning, that's not advancement. Its all about how strong the building was when it was build and how good the citizens were able to maintain it. Old things have nothing to do with advancement. When we talk about advancement we mean those things we have that helps us to do or fit things easily n in line with other developed countries.
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by modsRbastard: 7:47am On Oct 25, 2016
YorubaStinks:

Millz404:

Watsup niqqa grin
Lol.... Blacks are only allowed to call themselves that
Its sacrilegious coming from somebody of another race. Na beating the person go collect

Niccur thanks for schooling that Niccur above you, I was just about to take em to school but you did that already.
It hurts hurts white folks who have blacks as friends when they having a convo and Niccurs be like:

Blackdude1: yo Niccur, I told y'all I was gone smash that bítch; Dawg I beat y'all to it cos y'all games ain't tight. Niccur!

Blackdude2: Niccur what you tripping for, ain't no body hustling you for that nappy headed ricketing skanky puşsy wench Niccur, word on the street is she screw a Cucumber over you. Dawg! You low balling Niccur.

Whitedude: *walks in overheard a few, excited to hit the convo* what are you Niccurs talking about?...

And this happens.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 25, 2016
EWAagoyin:
how comes Nigeria is now more far advanced and develop than Ghana.... Dats means no be who first come class dey carry first-class.
How is Nigeria far more advanced?
They got independence first.
They have constant power supply.
They have National Unity.
A while back they even exported oil to us.
How again are we better?
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by omowumeee(f): 7:49am On Oct 25, 2016
YorubaStinks:

ma nigga grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by joinnow: 7:51am On Oct 25, 2016
That Elminas castle was built for slave trading.
We black really suffer too much for oyibo hand,
Just make me want to beat all oyibo with koboko tongue
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by Amanhasnoname: 7:54am On Oct 25, 2016
YorubaStinks:

sup Nigger

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by EWAagoyin(m): 8:01am On Oct 25, 2016
AnonyNymous:

How is Nigeria far more advanced?
They got independence first.
They have constant power supply.
They have National Unity.
A while back they even exported oil to us.
How again are we better?
what's the population of Ghana that they won't have all that not up to the population of northern Nigeria sef..... oga abeg 4get
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by SuperSupremo(m): 8:04am On Oct 25, 2016
onatisi:

Is this not osu castle in Accra?
Not at all bro,this Elmina Castle is located in Southern Cape Coast in Ghana,West from Accra and not even in the same region with Accra.If you have enough time you can read about it in Wikipedia bro,it has been Ghana's most visited tourist attraction for about 300 years.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by onatisi(m): 8:08am On Oct 25, 2016
SuperSupremo:

Not at all bro,this Elmina Castle is located in Southern Cape Coast in Ghana,West from Accra and not even in the same region with Accra.If you have enough time you can read about it in Wikipedia bro,it has been Ghana's most visited tourist attraction for about 300 years.
Ok thanks so much
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by onatisi(m): 8:13am On Oct 25, 2016
EWAagoyin:
what's the population of Ghana that they won't have all that not up to the population of northern Nigeria sef..... oga abeg 4get
Oga pls stop talking like this. Development has got nothing to do with population size ,china has over 800million people and yet they provide all these things ,it all boils down to leadership qualities and foresight.
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by ogboni76(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2016
ELMINA CASTLE..... I WAS THERE 3YRS AGO, I VOWED TO VISIT EVERY ROOM, BUT WHEN I GOT TO THE HALL (the first place the slaves assemble to be re-counted or addressed) MY LIVER FAILED ME, YOU CAN STILL FEEL THE STENCH OF FRESH BLOOD OOZING OUT OF THE INHOUSE CAVES, THE POINT OF NO RETURN WILL GIVE YOU GOOSE BUMPS... THOSE SLAVE MASTERS AND THIER WHIPS, THE HEAVY CHAINS AND SHACKLES ARE STILL THERE, YOU CAN SEE NAIL MARKS ON THE WHITE TURNED CREAM WALLS OF THE CELLS, THEY INSCRIBED THIER NAMES ON THOSE WALLS..... ELMINA CASTLE THE PLACE OF ANGRY GHOSTS....

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by SuperSupremo(m): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2016
onatisi:

Ok thanks so much
You are most welcome bro.... grin
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by Roon9(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2016
YorubaStinks:

Sup nigga

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by nigger009(m): 8:35am On Oct 25, 2016
dats a handsome castle strong and elegant.
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by SuperSupremo(m): 8:38am On Oct 25, 2016
EWAagoyin:
Wait oooh.....is population what you mistaken as civilisation or advancement
Then China and India must be more advanced by far in this world.

Ghana and Nigeria are almost the same in many situations but as a person like me who lived in both countries to compare and contrast I will give Ghana more points on advancement and civilization than Nigeria.

Lack of unity and the love of the nation has always drag Nigeria backwards whilst Ghanaians have an unconditional love for their country wherever they came from.
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by nigger009(m): 8:42am On Oct 25, 2016
But we blacks were something else too. Were we not the ones selling our fellow blacks to the white men
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by JayJayGee: 8:52am On Oct 25, 2016
YorubaStinks:

This guy na confirm Nigga.... You sabi...
Help me tell those niggas wey no know anything... grin
Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by kjhova(m): 9:04am On Oct 25, 2016
myners007:

Come on man, How does the existence of slave trade structure represent advancement? The El mina castle that is a tourist site today was a site of terror to Africans of that old era. El mina was the gateway to the end of your life as a captured African.

While the Portuguese were seizing Fante land unopposed and constructing slave holding structures like El mina in 1480s, The Oba of Benin, King Ozolua the Conqeror was busy expanding his kingdom from the "confluence to Kuramo" if you know what that means. The Benin established a permanent embassy in Lisboa, the Portuguese capital, in 1505 and expanded trade with Portugal on near-equal terms. King Ozolua had his two sons undergo mission training in Portugal and he himself was acclaimed to speak fluent Portuguese. The Portuguese did try to convert Benin to Christianity but failed woefully for various reasons bordering on politics, trade and tradition.

So again, I ask, do you really think the presence of a slave castle in Elmina connotes advancement of the people of that area?

I ask because I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Oldest Storey Building Over Three Centuries Older Than That Of Nigeria by saintdennis(m): 9:05am On Oct 25, 2016
DAVECENA:

No it doesn't... Just meant civilization took root there before Nigeria.

So you're saying our ancestors were savages?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africans Hijacked A Nigerian's House / Land For Sale At Badagry Call Me On 08032210506 Or 08020662341. / Anambra Government Demolishes Brothel In Kara, Ogbaru (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.