Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,092 members, 7,852,695 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:51 AM

Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds (4846 Views)

Poll: Is This A Good Move?

Yes: 42% (14 votes)
No: 57% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes / Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / Forensic Experts Find Non-human Prints In A/ibom Governorship Ballot Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Oct 27, 2009
oyinda.:

and what sources do you have that they are ineffective? why are we nigerians so easy to dismiss any positive move by the country? let's just wait and see first. or at least encourage them for once.
Look who’s talking . . .  Roflmao!!!

Let people dissect things as they will oooo!!! If anything it is Waziri’s job to prove us wrong, not our job to be optimistic in this case when we have been made fools of so many times in the past.  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

oyinda.:

lol. i don't think the investigation is very easy, fhemmmy.
for example, not many people knew about the looted money abacha stole until after his death when it all came out into the open.

You did not know of the Abacha family’s looting ways while he was in office? shocked You mean say you lived through the "e giri l eti, eyon lon je be" era in Nigerian history and you did not know what was going down? Na wa oo!!
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2009
EFCC is a bloody joke
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 27, 2009
Bleep forensics or whatever they are.

Why da hell do we need forensics when we clearly know who the culprits are and the location of the funds?

Waziri just dey do gra gra. She knows she is on to nothing.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by erico2k2(m): 1:47pm On Oct 28, 2009
Mamajama:

@Sagamite it's either you are a fool or does not know the difference between a forensic experts and a private investigator. Please go back and read the thread as well and explain why do you need a medical practitioner to investigate money laundry. Even my 8 years old child can read make better assumption as to this insensitive investigation
O Dear,O boy ,your Location says Yankee nah, no fall your hand,haba, this forensic thing originated from there nah haba.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by ogb5(m): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2009
Sagamite:

I guess so.

Most likely they would need a psychiatrist to convince you if you don't believe a bank that is going cap-in-hand to its nation's Central Bank for cash to fund its day to day activities (of paying staff and servicing liabilities) is not a bank in distress.

*Morons plenty!*

Your mumu nor get mate.
It's thesame banks both local and international agencies were rating highly a few months back. Every body was wrong only the CBN is right. Mumu

Even the predictions in March that some backs will be schemed out of the hands of the owners will not get you thinking about the real motive of the CBN gov. MUMU plenty for NL
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Sagamite(m): 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2009
ogb5:

Your mumu nor get mate.
It's thesame banks both local and international agencies were rating highly a few months back. Every body was wrong only the CBN is right. Mumu

Even the predictions in March that some backs will be schemed out of the hands of the owners will not get you thinking about the real motive of the CBN gov. MUMU plenty for NL

You are a retard!

If you know nothing about something STFU!

So the same rating agencies that were rating subprime mortgages as AAA before it brought down Lehman are the ones you want to use as better source over the Central Bank that has to shore up the banks operations.

Dimwit, you do not know that the banks pay the rating agencies to rate them and their products in most cases? So it was in the financial interest of the agencies to rate issuers and products (e.g. subprime mortgages) highly as the periodical productions required ratings which means revenue for agencies.

Dimwit, are you talking about the same rating agencies that were rating Enron as AAA 4 days before its collapse. Mosquito brain!

Dimwit, the Central Bank that is loaning money for the banks to stay alive is a better source than rating agencies.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by oyinda3(f): 10:50pm On Oct 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You did not know of the Abacha family’s looting ways while he was in office?  shocked  You mean say you lived through the "e giri l eti, eyon lon je be" era in Nigerian history and you did not know what was going down? Na wa oo!!

of course everybody knew of abacha's looting ways while he was in office. but did we know the sum he looted and the location of the money before he died? wasn't it until after his death that we started investigating to trace it? even the foreigners were the ones tracing it for us.  how would one go about finding out how much he looted if we wanted to know and recover it? you have to do some research right?

I think it's a nigerian thing to talk rather than act.we  talk about corruption but do nothing to stop it and then keep talking about people who are trying to do something. I know EFCC is not perfect but I think they've been doing a good job (at least better than nothing). I commend their efforts. however imperfect. it's better than sitting around and chatting.

Look who’s talking . . .  Roflmao!!!

Let people dissect things as they will oooo!!! If anything it is Waziri’s job to prove us wrong, not our job to be optimistic in this case when we have been made fools of so many times in the past.  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

I was just making a comment. lol not blocking his keypad. Yeah but I think the criticism is too excessive. how will people be encouraged to do good if they know that the whole world is waiting to yab them before they even start?
I don't think i've been made fool of by the EFCC so far so I guess I have a different perspective. I think they're doing a ok job for being a nigerian entity.

even foreigners who keep up with news of Africa make reference to the EFCC as being one of the more positive things out of Nigeria in the present. I agree with them.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by oyinda3(f): 10:59pm On Oct 28, 2009

Why da hell do we need forensics when we clearly know who the culprits are and the location of the funds?

<sarcasm> send an application to the EFCC so that you can produce the 1 trillion with the wave of a finger. we need people like you helping us rather than the clueless EFCC </sarcasm>
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2009
OMO IBO:

Bleep forensics or whatever they are.

Waziri just dey do gra gra. She knows she is on to nothing.

What are you on about? In order for the efcc to produce evidence against the suspects that will stand up in court and consequently secure criminal convictions they will need to produce a paper trail which would show proof of irregular accounting or financial transactions. Hence the need to hire the forensic experts who are presumably experienced in carrying out investigations which do produce this kind of evidence.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Sagamite(m): 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2009
tensor777:

What are you on about? In order for the efcc to produce evidence against the suspects that will stand up in court and consequently secure criminal convictions they will need to produce a paper trail which would show proof irregular accounting or financial transactions. Hence the need to hire the forensic experts who are presumably experienced in carrying out investigations which does produce this kind of evidence.

grin grin grin grin grin

Be wasting your time on illiterate retards.

He should inform us of the location of the money since he "clearly" knows. What a slowpoke!
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by erico2k2(m): 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2009
people seem to 4get what will hapen to these leaders if they are blacklisted internationally,I bet these investigators are comming either from the Uk or Us, Im very sure it would be the UK, we all know that all the thiving politicians love to show off thier loots in the Uk and Us, now just immagine if they can do that anymore lol ie,look at what is hapening to J,Ibori,the man no care if his cash gets siezed, he is more worried that his financial ability is dead and gone in the UK.SO once evidence are gathered, def Nigerian govt wont do nothing as usual but them investigators would surely keep the records,I think thats the backyard way she is trying to emplo,come to think of it, what use is a President and a vice President of Nigeria who cant visit the advance world?
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by FHEDIK: 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2009
For how long will our Government continue to let down our own experts in this country. why didnt Efcc hire Forensic experts from the Computer Forensic Institute Nigeria rather than spending a huge sum of money in hiring oyibo to come and tell us where our money is . Between oyibo and our own experts who will discover where the monies are, it is high time we start having confidence in what we have if re-branding must be successful.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by erico2k2(m): 1:30am On Oct 31, 2009
FHEDIK:

For how long will our Government continue to let down our own experts in this country. why didnt Efcc hire Forensic experts from the Computer Forensic Institute Nigeria rather than spending a huge sum of money in hiring oyibo to come and tell us where our money is . Between oyibo and our own experts who will discover where the monies are, it is high time we start having confidence in what we have if re-branding must be successful.
Guy I can understand ur fustration but here are the reason why we should hire Oyibo,
They can hardly be bribed,they wont be biased,they would tell you exactly as it is, the have access to forieng records which our investigators would be limited to, oh and most of these moneys are in forign accounts hence we need them to help us and the best bit is that thier findings would be made public, reason been that these people being investigated would end up facing fraud and money laundering charges in these forign countries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robbers Kill 5 In Ibadan •one Robber Killed, Another Arrested / My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! / Lose Weight With Ease Naturally Within 9 Days Without Any Side Effect.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.