Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds (4845 Views)

Poll: Is This A Good Move?

Yes: 42% (14 votes)
No: 57% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes / Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / Forensic Experts Find Non-human Prints In A/ibom Governorship Ballot Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Sagamite(m): 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

Waziri doesn't  know who stole money ?   grin grin grin grin grin

If your mother give you money to put in the bank and that money is never reported to have been deposited in the bank ? Will she hire a forensic scientist to figure out who took the money ? when it is OBVIOUS that you never deposited the money in the bank as a result YOU should be held responsible ?  

*shakes head*

This is not epa (groundnut) business.

The bank honchos have access to money that they have apparently loaned to themselves for investments. There are multiple ways (and multiple very complex financial instruments) they could have invested these sums. And there are multiple accounting techniques with varied outcomes they could have used to report the cost, revenue and profit of the investments in such a way to give them some gains.

You need strong accounting experts to build a case and trace the money to be optimal in your prosecution.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by POSAKOSA1(m): 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2009
ok, lets see what happens. No need to debate on "hypothesis" lets see what happens/ Lets see what results and actions will be made/gained or obtained from this investigation.  smiley
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by POSAKOSA1(m): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2009
jay bee:

typical nigerian reasoning, and you sure wouldn't be surprised abt how many people have suffered at the hands of inept police officers with such reasoning. now cos money wasn't deposited means he should be held responsible? yes he needs to be questioned but not necessarily held responsible for not depositing the money. he could have been robbed for all i care and or just stupidly misplaced the dough.

why do you think stone cold killers sometimes walk away from court in the western world? simple, without no staunch evidence the will be laughed at on the court. i have performed jury service in the UK and we are always told only to convict when we are certain beyond reasonable doubt and this is where evidence is needed

and if I tell you that I was never robbed ? and the money wasn't misplaced ? But because I know the mother is a rich woman, I know that this amount of money can be replaced easily.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2009
Investigation? hahahahaha.
U make me laff, like it does matter in a place where judgement is passed even before the crime was committed
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by cvibe: 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2009
Do we need expats to come and do the job for us?
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by CarlosVent(m): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2009
Only if they wont end up being bribed like in other Cases.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by jaybee3(m): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

and if I tell you that I was never robbed ? and the money wasn't misplaced ? But because I know the mother is a rich woman, I know that this amount of money can be replaced easily.
Then u r simply confessing to a crime. Now how many nigerians put their hands up and do the honourabe confession?
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2009
jay bee:

Then u r simply confessing to a crime. Now how many nigerians put their hands up and do the honourabe confession?

Lol.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by jaybee3(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Lol.
abi, babagida will still tell you today that he never stole a dime from Nigeria
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by POSAKOSA1(m): 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2009
jay bee:

There are many people in Nigeria who KNOW that they are untouchable. The fact you don't know that they confessed doesn't mean that they haven't. When they say godfathers are real they are.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by POSAKOSA1(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2009
jay bee:

abi, babagida will still tell you today that he never stole a dime from Nigeria

Most people don't steal outrightly. Its the CONTRACT SCAM that politicians use to make money.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by jaybee3(m): 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

There are many people in Nigeria who KNOW that they are untouchable. The fact you don't know that they confessed doesn't mean that they haven't. When they say godfathers are real they are.
No doubt but will they go on TV and say i diverted this amount of money into my private account? a big fat NO
people orchestrate fraud everywhere and clean up (in their own opinion) the act after having been successful.
It is now the job of foresinc professionals to uproot the truth.
Why do people burn memories of pc even after having wiped things off it? they do because forensic analysts can still use software widely available to resurrect those data you thought they are long gone
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by POSAKOSA1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2009
jay bee:

No doubt but will they go on TV and say i diverted this amount of money into my private account? a big fat NO
people orchestrate fraud everywhere and clean up (in their own opinion) the act after having been successful.
It is now the job of foresinc professionals to uproot the truth.
Why do people burn memories of pc even after having wiped things off it? they do because forensic analysts can still use software widely available to resurrect those data you thought they are long gone

Only a slowpoke will go on national TV to say they stole money. Anyhoo, no need to engage in useless conversation. Lets wait and see the results/actions of this investigation.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by POSAKOSA1(m): 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2009
If investigations find that Obsanjo stole money, will he be prosecuted ? a big FAT NO.  smiley

Atiku ? NO

Igbenedion ? NO

and co-------no, no, no,
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by jaybee3(m): 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

If investigations find that Obsanjo stole money, will he be prosecuted ? a big FAT NO. smiley

Atiku ? NO

Igbenedion ? NO

and co-------no, no, no,

u r getting it all so wrong.
them big wigs will not let any investigation see light of day. all i'm saying to you is in order to prosecute someone you need valid evidence and the only way to get that is by forensic accounting or proper auditing.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by semid4lyfe(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2009
Forensic analysis to discover the whereabouts of looted funds? I'm beginning to think Farida Waziri herself needs psychiatric evaluation.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by POSAKOSA1(m): 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2009
jay bee:

u r getting it all so wrong.
them big wigs will not let any investigation see light of day. all i'm saying to you is in order to prosecute someone you need valid evidence and the only way to get that is by forensic accounting or proper auditing.

I am not disagreeing with you on this note. You make absolute sense. Evidence is needed in a court of law. Evidence is needed, you're right. Circumstantial evidence or hearsay is NOT enough to keep someone in jail or prosecute them for violating the law.

BUT IN NIGERIA, i see this as a waste of time. But then it could be World Bank requirement and im not surprised.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Sagamite(m): 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

If investigations find that Obsanjo stole money, will he be prosecuted ? a big FAT NO.  smiley

Atiku ? NO

Igbenedion ? NO

and co-------no, no, no,

Depends on the government of the day. no government is permanent.

semid4lyfe:

Forensic analysis to discover the whereabouts of looted funds? I'm beginning to think Farida Waziri herself needs psychiatric evaluation.

Why is that alien or unreasonable to you?
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Beaf: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2009
Until Nigeria changes from worshipping bullies and learns to keep records and statistics, hiring any type of forensic expert is a waste of time and a diversion.
The only thing that can work in Nigeria, is two or more witnesses.

If anyone had simply ordered vaults open and "transferred" raw cash into a car boot, what would forensics be able to prove? Nada!

This forensics thing is just another "contract".
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2009
Beaf:

Until Nigeria changes from worshipping bullies and learns to keep records and statistics, hiring any type of forensic expert is a waste of time and a diversion.
The only thing that can work in Nigeria, is two or more witnesses.

If anyone had simply ordered vaults open and "transferred" raw cash into a car boot, what would forensics be able to prove? Nada!

T[i]his forensics thing is just another "contract"[/i].

more money down the drain
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by axeman85(m): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2009
This is all absolute rubiish, i just wonder who advices them of such steps to take. do they think nigerians will tell them well done or give them a pat on the back for ? who are they fooling they seems to think that nigerians are daft and uninformed as them ?

Efcc and waziri know where this money is, they dont need a forensic scientist or financial scientist to trace the money for them. its just a matter of locating those involved in the approval of the said funds and take it from there.

Intelligent Nigerians who want a change for nigeria will do a more better and thorough job if they are allowed to do so and with less of the money which they are going to pay to the white men. which most of them dont even have proper qualifications and cant spell correctly. dont ask me how, because i work in the financial institution in the uk and i can testify well to this fact.

i just see this as an avenue for PR just to make it look like the government and efcc is doing something and we all know its just a smokescreen and pr purposes. how many people is mentioning anything about halliburton scandal again ?  

BULLSHITTTTT!!!!!!
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Princek12(m): 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2009
I won't be shocked if the forensic experts trace the loot to themselves, or that they trace it to their employers, who are most likely to be the culprits.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by koolchicco: 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2009
I still don't know how forensic would work in this case. undecided

Wouldn't it be better if they consulted a Babalawo, instead? grin grin
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by POSAKOSA1(m): 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2009
chicco lomo, them fit consult me ? I can tell them who don steal money

how you dey ?
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by koolchicco: 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

chicco lomo, them fit consult me ? I can tell them who don steal money

how you dey ?

I dey fine, Master!

You be Babalawo? grin
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by POSAKOSA1(m): 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2009
^^^^^ u no know ni. 

my name bi babalawo agbaadiara, obebelube of olumo of POSAKOSA land   smiley
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by POSAKOSA1(m): 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2009
hope say u enjoy ya weekend well well. work done start tomorrow be dat sad sad
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by koolchicco: 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

hope say u enjoy ya weekend well well. work done start tomorrow be dat sad sad

U dey fear work?

Me I dey happy 2 go 2 work ooo. U see na, u wan derail dis thread cos e no be urs, abi? grin
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by POSAKOSA1(m): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2009
^^^^^ abi na. wetin consign me tongue
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by koolchicco: 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

^^^^^ abi na. wetin consign me tongue

Selfish badi boi! grin tongue
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by EMMYLECH: 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2009
My concern is that, by the time they spend all this money on forensic expert
on investigation, are they going to deal with those looters? If NO
I don't think there is need 4 that.
Re: Efcc Hires 10 Forensic experts To Trace #1 Trillion Looted Funds by Fhemmmy: 11:15pm On Oct 25, 2009
EMMYLECH:

My concern is that, by the time they spend all this money on forensic expert
on investigation, are they going to deal with those looters? If NO
I don't think there is need 4 that.

u mean u actually blv that forensic examiners can catch those that has looted the public funds too? do u even know the duty of forensic examiners?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Fayose Moves Property From Govt House,allegedly insults GEJ / Disheartening: Nigerian Woman Assaulted On A London Buss / See Photos Of Some Of Diezani Madueke's Alleged Properties In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.