Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (809639 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 7:27am On Dec 14, 2016
Anyone wrote at huntsville 5;30pm yesterday? Well I did. Was a funny experience for me. This is my first time writing such a test. Man there were so many people. What!!! The girls on the queue behind me were funny. They were discussing about boyfriends, MMM, marriage and the frustrating feeling of never going pass the testing stage of these kind of tests.

Interesting experience for me. Let's see how it goes from here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by VMpi744: 8:25am On Dec 14, 2016
Fallacy of HASTY GENERALIZATION grin

famosh:
The test hard die, abeg. You can't COMFORTABLY solve 50% of the maths under the given time, except you're extremely lucky with easier questions.
The English na another story. Everything wey them ask man na passage o, which you can't even boast of clearing.
I just weak, but God dey in control. I wish everyone the best.

Free Advice: You dont always have to SOLVE anything. Just choose the correct option.
How you do it no one cares. Just dont giraffe sha grin
Nobody needs or care about your solutions.

Learn how to Eliminate Options. studying option format also helps. Eg.: while 'solving' you arrive at something like 457÷23. Before you enter #longDivisionMode, pause and look at how the options are presented. Are they in fraction? One decimal place? Or even the nearest whole number?

Back to the case of 447÷23, I know my answer would start with 1. If only one option has 1 at the beginning, that is my answer and case closed.

For those who complained about big number. Pls learn to ESTIMATE. Why? Cos it it save lives.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post that they gave a pie chart and asked them to compute the value of sector with 28.4°.

Let's assume the total of that pie chart is 150.
28.4° is approximately 30°
Hence we have (30°/360°) × 150 = 12.5
Cos I roundUp, i know my answer must be less than 12.5

Someone may ask what if the options are close? Well I would still be able to select an educated approximate and move on. #noTime.
Truth is they would never be close except calculators were allowed.

For the verbal.
Some people (category1) read once and they understand and remember everything while Others (category2) dont.
So before you take such test.
Pls practice and determine what strategy works for you.

For category1: simply read the passage as fast as you can and answer the questions that follow. Refer back to the passage if needed

For category2: the slow readers or the wanderers *those whose mind wander while reading (eg. Me)
Read the questions (& options).
Go back to passage and skim through it.
Select answer and move on.
Skip when the questions has taken more than 30s.
Finish early and cross-check
Answer those questions you skipped.

For those not in category1&2: define you strategy and become proficient at using it

With practice you become efficient in choosing the correct option.

For the analytical/logical:
When given a series of letters eg

MN5, KP4, ___

reason those letters in numbers (using their position in the alphabets) and thank me later

For general knowledge:
Make an habit of watching 9/10 o'clock news on local TV (NTA Network news or AIT, Channels News @10, Sunrise Daily, TVCNews @ 10, Channels Business News, NTA documentary like programmes, etc) everyday from you pry/sec school grin
You could add Aljezeera, CNBC, NatGeo and the likes too.
Listen to femi and the gang. TopSports, SportRadio. Koko Inu Iwe Iroyin. BBC Hausa. Etc

Just make sure you also install a filter in your ears else some on 'these people' would just brain wash you. grin

With that you can never be found wanting.

Note: it is never to late to catchUp. Make Google and Wiki your friends.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dolafunmi(f): 8:30am On Dec 14, 2016
Why didn't you call back on the number they called you with if really you missed their call?
spik007:
AnalyticEngine is just being scared of the Unknown. I can still recall what he did one time like that. Its regarding the Union bank aptitude test, the bank called me and I missed the call, Analytic engine stated it here on Nairaland that the bank called him. I reached out to him to provide help with the Union bank's number so I can call and explain why I missed the call. Guess what after I dropped the call with this Analyticengine guy he promised to send the number,at last I was happy that I won't miss the opportunity. Waited for over 25 minutes , i didnt receive any message from him,called him back he said he was going to send it right away.
Waited for anther 15 minutes,he didnt send it. I called him again,this time around he wasnt picking my calls anymore. Had to call him with over two different numbers,he didnt pick.

Around 6:35pm of that same day i called him and he picked ,he gave a flimsy excuse. All I was after was the Union bank number,you know what he did,he sent me a fake number. Telling me that was the number the bank called him with. It was another person on this forum that gave me the Union bank number and not Analytic engine.

I was just laughing,was like ,why he is this guy behaving like this. He has a fear of people overtaking him,which is bad, what you fear most will always happen to you,its just human nature.
Analytic engine is a very bitter person. No wonder he complained when people are posting the dragnet questions on here.

I know why the guy was complaining bitterly, it was because he wrote his test earlier thsn most people,so he wished he could have saw the questions before the test. So those who are lucky to have seen it,you complaining. If you were lucky as they were to have seen the questions before your test am sure you wouldn't complain.

You need to grow up man, its life,overtaking is always allowed.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by VMpi744: 8:36am On Dec 14, 2016
grin grin

Oya spik007 come and respond o.

dolafunmi:
Why didn't you call back on the number they called you with if really you missed their call?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by RAY12345(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2016
VMpi744:

MN5, KP4, ___

reason those letters in numbers (using their position in the alphabets) and thank me later

hello bro. kindly explain further on this. this thing gimme headache
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 14, 2016
dolafunmi:

lol...Your keeness is profound. I wouldn't have even noticed should you have not pointed this out.

oya, spik(JamesBond), come and atone for your mischief
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 14, 2016
VMpi744:
grin grin
Oya spik007 come and respond o.
grin
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ifeanyija(m): 9:14am On Dec 14, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

lol...Your keeness is profound. I wouldn't have even noticed should you have not pointed this out.

oya, spik(JamesBond), come an atone for your mischief
what are u feeling like?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by damilolaoloyede: 9:24am On Dec 14, 2016
You are very much on point, Boss.
One just has to be smart!!!! wink cool

Free Advice: You dont always have to SOLVE anything. Just choose the correct option.

Learn how to Eliminate Options. studying option format also helps. Eg.: while 'solving' you arrive at something like 457÷23. Before you enter #longDivisionMode, pause and look at how the options are presented. Are they in fraction? One decimal place? Or even the nearest whole number?

Back to the case of 447÷23, I know my answer would start with 1. If only one option has 1 at the beginning, that is my answer and case closed.

For those who complained about big number. Pls learn to ESTIMATE. Why? Cos it it save lives.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post that they gave a pie chart and asked them to compute the value of sector with 28.4°.

Someone may ask what if the options are close? Well I would still be able to select an educated approximate and move on. #noTime.

For the verbal.
Some people (category1) read once and they understand and remember everything while Others (category2) dont.

For category1: simply read the passage as fast as you can and answer the questions that follow. Refer back to the passage if needed

For category2: the slow readers or the wanderers *those whose mind wander while reading (eg. Me)

For those not in category1&2: define you strategy and become proficient at using it

MN5, KP4, ___

For general knowledge:
Make an habit of watching 9/10 o'clock news on local TV (NTA Network news or AIT, Channels News @10, Sunrise Daily, TVCNews @ 10, Channels Business News, NTA documentary like programmes, etc) everyday from you pry/sec school grin
Listen to femi and the gang. TopSports, SportRadio. Koko Inu Iwe Iroyin. BBC Hausa. Etc

Just make sure you also install a filter in your ears else some on 'these people' would just brain wash you. grin

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by agrovick(m): 9:29am On Dec 14, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:
Anyone wrote at huntsville 5;30pm yesterday? Well I did. Was a funny experience for me. This is my first time writing such a test. Man there were so many people. What!!! The girls on the queue behind me were funny. They were discussing about boyfriends, MMM, marriage and the frustrating feeling of never going pass the testing stage of these kind of tests.

LMAO...
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 14, 2016
VMpi744:

For the verbal.

MN5, KP4, ___

For general knowledge:

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by durojaiye06: 11:03am On Dec 14, 2016
Wrote mine at Hutsville, Lagos 5:30PM yesterday. I had 20 Verbal, 16 Business Mathematics, 20 Analytical and 20 General knowledge, totaling 76. The Verbal section demands that you are extremely fast in comprehending the passage and answer the 5 questions on each passage without going back to the passage for answers after the first reading. For the Business Maths, skip those that cant be solved within a minute and move on to easier ones, the truth is time is not sufficient. For the analytical, it was basically Synology and Alphabet series, those questions are very easy. The General knowledge is very cool, just be conversant with Nigeria financial system and politics. I wish everyone the very best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by veronica23: 11:17am On Dec 14, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

Lol..AMEBO tongue
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nafizzey(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2016
Just left Abuja now to Jos. unsure if I will get there before the stipulated time 3:pm. Oh God I put my hope in you..
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by okonji4real: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2016
Nafizzey:
Just left Abuja now to Jos. unsure if I will get there before the stipulated time 3:pm. Oh God I put my hope in you..
the time is not fixed....anytime u get there u will write so far as u have ur password and username and u meet other candidates writing.goodluck

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Longman6(m): 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

lol
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Mlegend(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
Any ibadan Candidate writing by 4.30pm today? Were at thou?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nafizzey(m): 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
okonji4real:

the time is not fixed....anytime u get there u will write so far as u have ur password and username and u meet other candidates writing.goodluck
Does my one start when I log in username and password or time start counting as soon as is 3:pm..?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by okonji4real: 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nafizzey:
Does my one start when I log in username and password or time start counting as soon as is 3:pm..?
ur time starts wen u login....the 3pm does not matter bro.....like me,my time was 12pm but i wrote b4 12pm.
This is from experience

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nafizzey(m): 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
okonji4real:

ur time starts wen u login....the 3pm does not matter bro.....like me,my time was 12pm but i wrote b4 12pm.
This is from experience
Thank you Bro, Sigh of relief I pray I make it... Barely 1 hour to Test, I never enter my state centre..My brother I'm worried o
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Iseoluwani: 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
When will the results be out

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Beautysplash: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
please kindly help me with past questions. daisykween1@gmail.com.Thanks.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Beautysplash: 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
Maclauren2:
Pls I really need d questions and answer....its urgent...ejalonibuabiola22@gmail.com
please I need past questions.. daisykween1@gmail.com.thanks
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Structuralman: 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
VMpi744:
For the verbal.
MN5, KP4, ___
For general knowledge:

Bro! You are a Genius!!! Rounding up the quadrant and choosing an educated answer for the pie chart is a brilliant idea. I didnt even think of it. I hereby award you full scholarship to Imperial college in the UK!!

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nivlek(m): 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2016
I've been offline for the past 2weeks due to phone issues but have been keeping tabs on my mail box and didn't receive any mails from either FBN or Dragnet, I'm surprised to come online here today and see that invites have been sent and tests are already taking place.

Please is there anyone who didn't get a mail too? Or are the invites being sent in batches? I met all the criteria and I'm not close to 26 , so I don't get why I wouldn't get the invite. Any other person in the same shoes please??
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by okonji4real: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nafizzey:
Thank you Bro, Sigh of relief I pray I make it... Barely 1 hour to Test, I never enter my state centre..My brother I'm worried o
dont be,u wil write....success

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by VMpi744: 3:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
Lwkmd. cheesy

Yeye no go kill nairaland peeps.

Structuralman:

Bro! You are a Genius!!! Rounding up the quadrant and choosing an educated answer for the pie chart is a brilliant idea. I didnt even think of it. I hereby award you full scholarship to Imperial college in the UK!!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by VMpi744: 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
You don blast am shey grin

Keep calm and wait your success mail. Result was ready the moment you clicked submit.

Iseoluwani:
When will the results be out

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Structuralman: 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
nivlek:
I've been offline for the past 2weeks due to phone issues but have been keeping tabs on my mail box and didn't receive any mails from either FBN or Dragnet, I'm surprised to come online here today and see that invites have been sent and tests are already taking place.

Please is there anyone who didn't get a mail too? Or are the invites being sent in batches? I met all the criteria and I'm not close to 26 , so I don't get why I wouldn't get the invite. Any other person in the same shoes please??

Did you check your spam/bulk mail?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by VMpi744: 3:31pm On Dec 14, 2016
A = 1; B= 2; C = 3; .... K = 11; M = 13; N = 14; P = 16; .... Z = 26

So solving our eg.:

MN5, KP4, ___

(13,14,5); (11,16,4); (....)

The first character reduces by 2
The 2nd increases by 2
The last number reduces by 1

So...

(13,14,5); (11,16,4); (9,18,3)

9 = I; 18 = R

Therefore: the next in sequence would be *IR3*

RAY12345:

hello bro. kindly explain further on this. this thing gimme headache

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Iseoluwani: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2016
VMpi744:
You don blast am shey grin

Keep calm and wait your success mail. Result was ready the moment you clicked submit.

I believe so.. .. I wanted to check d assessment stuff but the guy beside just tell me make I commit, say I haf do my best grin
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Iseoluwani: 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
VMpi744:
A = 1; B= 2; C = 3; .... K = 11; M = 13; N = 14; P = 16; .... Z = 26

So solving our eg.:

MN5, KP4, ___

(13,14,5); (11,16,4); (....)

The first character reduces by 2
The 2nd increases by 2
The last number reduces by 1

So...

(13,14,5); (11,16,4); (9,18,3)

9 = I; 18 = R

Therefore: the next in sequence would be *IR3*

Everything for that exam no be here.. ... Everything
hard

Na current affairs simple pass

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.