Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (809581 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by shola87(f): 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2016
I wish all those who have written the test all the best (including me ) Please does anyone have the idea of when the result will be out?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 4:39pm On Dec 14, 2016
agrovick:

LMAO...

LOOL it was crazy man. I know am not suppose to eavesdrop on people's conversation but they were right behind me nothing I could do. At one point I turned around and looked at one of the girls that made a really shocking statement about men and she smiled at me like ''boy take me number and call me after today''. I frowned back at her like ''nah i'm good. I dont have a phone'' lool crazy stuff man

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
Longman6:

lol

that is how we saw it ohhh

is not a laughing somethings lool
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 4:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
veronica23:

Lol..AMEBO tongue

hehehe i will assume you are one of the girls. did you write in lagos?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by clerics1: 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2016
My brother I am in the.same train with you. Mine they said my reg. Was not successful...telling me that I was supposed to receive a mail confirming my application was successful.

nivlek:
I've been offline for the past 2weeks due to phone issues but have been keeping tabs on my mail box and didn't receive any mails from either FBN or Dragnet, I'm surprised to come online here today and see that invites have been sent and tests are already taking place.

Please is there anyone who didn't get a mail too? Or are the invites being sent in batches? I met all the criteria and I'm not close to 26 , so I don't get why I wouldn't get the invite. Any other person in the same shoes please??
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
Okay here is my two cents yeah?

Dragnet this is for you: why waste so much resources on administering a test that requires candidates physical presence at a test center when you can administer the same test remotely. This will ensure that more candidates are afforded the opportunity to participate, unemployed graduates who do not necessarily have abundants funds to bankroll a journey thru and fro test centers especially when this is interstate will be relieved of this inconvenience, the perils associated with this kind of journeys will be alleviated as well. Ultimately, you will cuts costs at your own end. The backlog of increased entries can be dealt with by automating the entire process down to shortlisting of successful candidates. The process becomes more efficient, even effective.

Now, onto the test itself. This requires speed and accuracy. It cannot be overemphasized. Speed and Accuracy, my fellow soldiers in this battle to defeat the enemy, unemployment.

Really in these kinds of tests, what you are being guaged on is not necessarily how brilliant you are, however your Traditional cognitive intelligence is being put to the test. This is the ability to plan, reason, and use logical deduction to solve problems, but also the capability to apply abstract thinking while learning from and responding to the environment. So there is no time to calculate, ponder or even think as time is of the essence. As a gentleman shared earlier in a post before me, you use logic to address these questions. If you have to provide an answer to an arithmetic question, you do not have to solve the question right down to the end, ohhh no soldier you dont do that. Once you see the enemy, you hold that government issued M16 up right and shoot for the head. No questions asked. Look at your options, what is your most probable answer, if you can spot it, great stuff. If you can't, your village people have spotted you and are stabilizing the water pot so they can see you clearly. Do not let this happen. You can sort this out by eliminating options from the list starting from most unlikely. Your only other option is to try solving the entire question in 30 seconds. Is this really the option you want to take. If your answer to this question is yes then my fellow soldier you will remain a soldier in this battle and you will attain the rank of chief of army staff in the not so distant future.

When taking passage questions, learn how to employ finger to eye coordination. As mentioned earlier, referring to the young man's article, I find that reading using my finger to trace in the passage while looking for answers is quite resourceful and I am assuming it will be same for you. No one cares how you work towards getting your answer. Just get it. Find what works for you and exploit it. You have to practise as well. Clear your mind and familiarize yourself with these different scenarios. Not just when you have a test like this, just do this in your spare time you know. Listen to the news, interact with people, listen to them, read books, magazines, newspapers and what have you. These items are the manual for your government issued M16. You have to learn to use that machine adequately.

Is this a guarantee that you will ace this mediocre system put in place to inadequately test competences that are semi related to functions that you will need to perform on the job. You be the judge of that.

Truth is, there is no wrong or right way to address the challenges that we will encounter. I might try a difficult way and it does not work for me, it can however work for another individual. My simple way might not work for the same individual who already has his/her way doing it the difficult style.

All am trying to say is, First Bank abeg if una dey select no forget me.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Enaren: 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

Dragnet this is for you: why waste so much resources on administering a test that requires candidates physical presence at a test center when you can administer the same test remotely. This will ensure that more candidates are afforded the opportunity to participate, unemployed graduates who do not necessarily have abundants funds to bankroll a journey thru and fro test centers especially when this is interstate will be relieved of this inconvenience, the perils associated with this kind of journeys will be alleviated as well. Ultimately, you will cuts costs at your own end. The backlog of increased entries can be dealt with by automating the entire process down to shortlisting of successful candidates. The process becomes more efficient, even effective.

Now, onto the test itself. This requires speed and accuracy. It cannot be overemphasized. Speed and Accuracy, my fellow soldiers in this battle to defeat the enemy, unemployment.

Really in these kinds of tests, what you are being guaged on is not necessarily how brilliant you are, however your Traditional cognitive intelligence is being put to the test. This is the ability to plan, reason, and use logical deduction to solve problems, but also the capability to apply abstract thinking while learning from and responding to the environment. So there is no time to calculate, ponder or even think as time is of the essence. As a gentleman shared earlier in a post before me, you use logic to address these questions. If you have to provide an answer to an arithmetic question, you do not have to solve the question right down to the end, ohhh no soldier you dont do that. Once you see the enemy, you hold that government issued M16 up right and shoot for the head. No questions asked. Look at your options, what is your most probable answer, if you can spot it, great stuff. If you can't, your village people have spotted you and are stabilizing the water pot so they can see you clearly. Do not let this happen. You can sort this out by eliminating options from the list starting from most unlikely. Your only other option is to try solving the entire question in 30 seconds. Is this really the option you want to take. If your answer to this question is yes then my fellow soldier you will remain a soldier in this battle and you will attain the rank of chief of army staff in the not so distant future.

When taking passage questions, learn how to employ finger to eye coordination. As mentioned earlier, referring to the young man's article, I find that reading using my finger to trace in the passage while looking for answers is quite resourceful and I am assuming it will be same for you. No one cares how you work towards getting your answer. Just get it. Find what works for you and exploit it. You have to practise as well. Clear your mind and familiarize yourself with these different scenarios. Not just when you have a test like this, just do this in your spare time you know. Listen to the news, interact with people, listen to them, read books, magazines, newspapers and what have you. These items are the manual for your government issued M16. You have to learn to use that machine adequately.

Is this a guarantee that you will ace this mediocre system put in place to inadequately test competences that are semi related to functions that you will need to perform on the job. You be the judge of that.

Truth is, there is no wrong or right way to address the challenges that we will encounter. I might try a difficult way and it does not work for me, it can however work for another individual. My simple way might not work for the same individual who already has his/her way doing it the difficult style.

All am trying to say is, First Bank abeg if una dey select no forget me.
No be bank job again? Abi na short service we dey discuss here? Na joke I dey lol
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by akinwolem: 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2016
When will they get back to us so as to know our fate
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by intrinsicniyi(m): 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

No one cares how you work towards getting your answer. Just get it. Find what works for you and exploit it. You have to practise as well.

Intelligent but yet, Funny Piece. #Nice_1_Bo$$.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by kemisho: 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
I think today is the last day of Assessment, I stand to be corrected
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
Enaren:
No be bank job again? Abi na short service we dey discuss here? Na joke I dey lol

no be only short service, na short time lool
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by agrovick(m): 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

LOOL it was crazy man. I know am not suppose to eavesdrop on people's conversation but they were right behind me nothing I could do. At one point I turned around and looked at one of the girls that made a really shocking statement about men and she smiled at me like ''boy take me number and call me after today''. I frowned back at her like ''nah i'm good. I dont have a phone'' lool crazy stuff man

Hahaha... Baba just went to catch trips instead of writing his test.

TeddyPendergrass:

no be only short service, na short time lool

Werey grin
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nivlek(m): 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2016
Structuralman:

Did you check your spam/bulk mail?

Yeah....Spam, Trash, social, promotions, nothing in all
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by kaka22(m): 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2016
kemisho:
I think today is the last day of Assessment, I stand to be corrected
No, it is not. I applied but didn't go for the aptitude test. I received a mail from dragnet through survey monkey titled "first bank mop up" and they asked me if I will be available for the test this coming Saturday (Dec 17th). They also asked me to pick my preferred location... I may not attend sef undecided
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nivlek(m): 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
clerics1:
My brother I am in the.same train with you. Mine they said my reg. Was not successful...telling me that I was supposed to receive a mail confirming my application was successful.

But the application was stated successful on their page after submitting. That's not fair
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nwakibie3(m): 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2016
nivlek:

But the application was stated successful on their page after submitting. That's not fair

I have same issue, I didn't knw why I was not invited. An insider in first bank will help me find out why by tmrw.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Larrystonez: 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
kaka22:

No, it is not. I applied but didn't go for the aptitude test. I received a mail from dragnet through survey monkey titled "first bank mop up" and they asked me if I will be available for the test this coming Saturday (Dec 17th). They also asked me to pick my preferred location... I may not attend sef undecided

I got the same mail too, December 17th, I'll honour it this time
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Adortem: 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
Those that didn't get an invite,are you below 27 years old? did you graduate with a second class upper division? if yes? may be you didn't fill your form properly. Just saying.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ABUSITE(m): 6:47am On Dec 15, 2016
Hello house,did anyone get a "Mop Up" invitation from Dragnet(first bank test).I was suppose to write the test on the 10th December which I was unable to,so I rejected the offer only to be texted a week later to come for the same. I want to know if anyone here got thesame text as I did.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by famosh: 7:27am On Dec 15, 2016
VMpi744:
Fallacy of HASTY GENERALIZATION grin

Free Advice: You dont always have to SOLVE anything. Just choose the correct option.
How you do it no one cares. Just dont giraffe sha grin
Nobody needs or care about your solutions.

Learn how to Eliminate Options. studying option format also helps. Eg.: while 'solving' you arrive at something like 457÷23. Before you enter #longDivisionMode, pause and look at how the options are presented. Are they in fraction? One decimal place? Or even the nearest whole number?

Back to the case of 447÷23, I know my answer would start with 1. If only one option has 1 at the beginning, that is my answer and case closed.

For those who complained about big number. Pls learn to ESTIMATE. Why? Cos it it save lives.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post that they gave a pie chart and asked them to compute the value of sector with 28.4°.

Let's assume the total of that pie chart is 150.
28.4° is approximately 30°
Hence we have (30°/360°) × 150 = 12.5
Cos I roundUp, i know my answer must be less than 12.5

Someone may ask what if the options are close? Well I would still be able to select an educated approximate and move on. #noTime.
Truth is they would never be close except calculators were allowed.

For the verbal.
Some people (category1) read once and they understand and remember everything while Others (category2) dont.
So before you take such test.
Pls practice and determine what strategy works for you.

For category1: simply read the passage as fast as you can and answer the questions that follow. Refer back to the passage if needed

For category2: the slow readers or the wanderers *those whose mind wander while reading (eg. Me)
Read the questions (& options).
Go back to passage and skim through it.
Select answer and move on.
Skip when the questions has taken more than 30s.
Finish early and cross-check
Answer those questions you skipped.

For those not in category1&2: define you strategy and become proficient at using it

With practice you become efficient in choosing the correct option.

For the analytical/logical:
When given a series of letters eg

MN5, KP4, ___

reason those letters in numbers (using their position in the alphabets) and thank me later

For general knowledge:
Make an habit of watching 9/10 o'clock news on local TV (NTA Network news or AIT, Channels News @10, Sunrise Daily, TVCNews @ 10, Channels Business News, NTA documentary like programmes, etc) everyday from you pry/sec school grin
You could add Aljezeera, CNBC, NatGeo and the likes too.
Listen to femi and the gang. TopSports, SportRadio. Koko Inu Iwe Iroyin. BBC Hausa. Etc

Just make sure you also install a filter in your ears else some on 'these people' would just brain wash you. grin

With that you can never be found wanting.

Note: it is never to late to catchUp. Make Google and Wiki your friends.
Mr man, all these strategy you mentioned, I know them; I'm that smart (not being proud) & I used them & even more. But I'm still telling you that you can't solve 50% of the maths questions including with the so called strategy you think we don't know about except you're lucky with easier questions , and by easier questions, I mean the ones which are more difficult than the pie chart question you talked about. What do you do when you are unlucky (like me) to be given a lot of questions with options close enough to defy the strategy you think should almost always work? Or what do you do when you're freaking given a lot of questions with very long word problems? How do you do you manoeuvre that? Or how do you manoeuvre compound interest questions that you already tried to solve to the point where you arrive at decimals raise to power another decimal and the options aren't helping matters by being too close to manoeuvre?
For the analytical questions you talked about, they were the easiest & quickest to solve; everything dey GMAT.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 15, 2016
I equally got the mail rescheduled for 17th at 4:30pm in Jos and I'm in Abj. Don't know if I can make it sha, but if I raise funds by then I might travel.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by kemisho: 7:36am On Dec 15, 2016
Pls ooo
who has gotten a feedback
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by kemisho: 7:44am On Dec 15, 2016
Pls I need urgent answer, my friend said she has gotten mail from first bank for interview
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jamaal07(f): 7:52am On Dec 15, 2016
Is der anyone who is rescheduled to write on the 17th at jos pls holla if u are driving down or want to go together.thanks

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 8:06am On Dec 15, 2016
kemisho:
Pls I need urgent answer, my friend said she has gotten mail from first bank for interview
haha mail for interview when exam is still going on, how can you fall for that

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by kemisho: 8:15am On Dec 15, 2016
Mayor seriously the guy just sent me a message that he should cone for interview
mayoor15:
haha mail for interview when exam is still going on, how can you fall for that
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2016
kemisho:
Mayor seriously the guy just sent me a message that he should cone for interview
Lol, if the message was for AC, I hear but interview, cant laugh enough, results will be out after saturday exam i.e next week so calm your nerves, keep drinking cold zobo or kunu

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by April012: 8:46am On Dec 15, 2016
AnalyticEngine:
I see that you guys are dealing out the questions out of solidarity. What foolishness! later, when they score higher marks and are selected and you guys are not, you begin to blame it on nepotism and village witches. whether you agree with me or not, this is a competition and not a fun fair. Be wise and accept this unpleasant truth.
I agree that it's a competition... But "... The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time..."

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by adexronik: 8:48am On Dec 15, 2016
mayoor15:
Lol, if the message was for AC, I hear but interview, cant laugh enough, results will be out after saturday exam i.e next week so calm your nerves, keep drinking cold zobo or kunu

That maybe for insourcing a subsidiary of firstbank or service executive(s) - D upgrade of FirstBank's contract staff.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dachaste(f): 8:57am On Dec 15, 2016
Guys una Dooh oh. A friend (colleague) was asking me casually how the test went, I tell am say e no easy ooh but we don do am, him come say hope I know say na contract jab, as I no wan argue, I tell am say e fit be since na dragnet(i just dey try end d discussion). Him come say na even marketing self. I come say na lie cos na GTP. Him come say e no mean cos him self don work for bank. I con ask Whc bank, he say FB, and na also GTB. Na so my eye com shocked . Him say na contract dem give dem and almost 80% of all d ppl na marketing. And say dem no go tell u it job description till u don finish training come even resign for ur present job say make I careful. I just tell am Ese gan. Cos I no wan believe.

Biko people, any atom of truth in this?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ciscon: 8:59am On Dec 15, 2016
ABUSITE:
Hello house,did anyone get a "Mop Up" invitation from Dragnet(first bank test).I was suppose to write the test on the 10th December which I was unable to,so I rejected the offer only to be texted a week later to come for the same. I want to know if anyone here got thesame text as I did.

Got same, don't think I want to honor it, cant be traveling for uncertainty at this stage of my career, want to explore other business options. Just my idea
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2016
famosh:

Mr man, all these strategy you mentioned, I know them; I'm that smart (not being proud) & I used them & even more. But I'm still telling you that you can't solve 50% of the maths questions including with the so called strategy you think we don't know about except you're lucky with easier questions , and by easier questions, I mean the ones which are more difficult than the pie chart question you talked about. What do you do when you are unlucky (like me) to be given a lot of questions with options close enough to defy the strategy you think should almost always work? Or what do you do when you're freaking given a lot of questions with very long word problems? How do you do you manoeuvre that? Or how do you manoeuvre compound interest questions that you already tried to solve to the point where you arrive at decimals raise to power another decimal and the options aren't helping matters by being too close to manoeuvre?
For the analytical questions you talked about, they were the easiest & quickest to solve; everything dey GMAT.
GBAM, I didn't want to talk before, but man you gave a good reply.
The thing is all those strategies and M16s and what have you are all cool and fun until you have close answer options like 44.67 and 45.23. Tell me how approximation wan help. The only thing approx can do for you is to reduce your options to maybe 2 or 3, but it can't give you the answer nor help you guess accurately. Those dragnet guys are smart/wicked. They would give you 2 very close options, lemme now see how your strategies go save you without a calculator. Though if we had a calculator sha, so men for they get like 90% for maths, cause those questions no too hard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.