Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (810942 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Mush: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2017
cloud9usher:

Look here, if basic and elementary comprehension is your problem you need to go back to primary school and brush it up.

My disgust at the elusive manner at which we handle salary issues was a general outlook at the entire issue and you can read where I kept on stating- "we Nigerians," I wasn't directing anything directly to the AY guy. And you claim facts about salaries are online if you research, dude or miss, those are basically assumptions and usual guesswork.

Its annoying that in my country salary is a guesswork when developed countries have gone past that stage, and yet we want to develop.

If everybody in the world happen to reason like you, trekking will still be the fastest means of transportation. And you said I'm typing poo, its you who should stop wasting his/her time typing the drivel you typed. Have a great weekend okay?

That line doesn't even make any sense.

Its people prerogative to reveal or not reveal what they earn to the general public, except under oath.

Enough with the comparison to developed countries already, even there people don't reveal their salaries.

If you want to know what first bank pays, go and do your research, you obviously don't read because I had posted the information here a few pages back.

Keep up with your slight its of no consequence to me. Have a good day yourself.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 10:40am On Jun 16, 2017
Hey fellas, brush your suits up and shine your shoes...get that haircuts. Look the part and feel the part too. Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 10:41am On Jun 16, 2017
Those of you fighting, I dont know what ur fighting for. You have not passed AC and ur disturbing ursef about salary. Thats how u will go there and mess urself up. Pls focus.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 10:46am On Jun 16, 2017
Mush:

That line doesn't even make any sense.

Its people prerogative to reveal or not reveal what they earn to the general public, except under oath.

Enough with the comparison to developed countries already, even there people don't reveal their salaries.

If you want to know what first bank pays, go and do your research, you obviously don't read because I had posted the information here a few pages back.

Keep up with your slight its of no consequence to me. Have a good day yourself.

So the line: "If everybody in the world happen to reason like you, trekking will still be the fastest means of transportation" doesn't make sense to you? grin I'm not surprised that line doesn't make sense to you, I'm not surprised at all! Jeez!

You claim developed countries don't reveal their salaries, I laugh! Go to job portals in the US or UK and check, even the job adverts state the exact salaries, so what are you saying please?

Take your parochial mindset to the cleaners please! Have a great weekend again!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Scented(f): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2017
cloud9usher:

So the line: "If everybody in the world happen to reason like you, trekking will still be the fastest means of transportation" doesn't make sense to you? grin I'm not surprised that line doesn't make sense to you, I'm not surprised at all! Jeez!

You claim developed countries don't reveal their salaries, I laugh! Go to job portals in the US or UK and check, even the job adverts state the exact salaries, so what are you saying please?

Take your parochial mindset to the cleaners please! Have a great weekend again!

can you pls stop wasting your time with people like this mush and others who sound so primitive? if they dont know the meaning of a thread meant for discussion for a job then they can go to the cave they came from, its surprising that at this time and age people can be acting like a "yes man" still, we need to learn and change from this if we want to be competitive in regards interacting with the world. i'm amused at the way we look down on ourselves here in this country and take anything thrown at us, those developed countries are where they are today because of how liberal and exposed they act.

6 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 16, 2017
Okay,enough already ,let's get back to the issue that brought us together, and let's stop behaving childish,must you answer back every ill word thrown at you folks? Eh? Anyways I've got questions for the serious ones here,first and foremost,for those of us coming from other states,where is the nearest place to lodge so we can get to our destination by 7am

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 11:10am On Jun 16, 2017
where r u coming from?
andergirl:
Okay,enough already ,let's get back to the issue that brought us together, and let's stop behaving childish,must you answer back every ill word thrown at you folks? Eh? Anyways I've got questions for the serious ones here,first and foremost,for those of us coming from other states,where is the nearest place to lodge so we can get to our destination by 7am
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Scented(f): 11:20am On Jun 16, 2017
andergirl:

What i wanna do is to arrive Lagos 2-3 days before my AC date, go to the AC center a day before to check the place out, and book for any hotel that's closest to that location, something of a stone throw away, so i wouldn't need to stress myself in the morning rushing town to the AC center by 5am to beat traffic, and Lagos is not even safe for such movement at such a time.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Asiri1991: 11:57am On Jun 16, 2017
Nchabuomo:
I know Fidelity Bank does. Maybe you need to put a call through to the HR
Thank you.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
oga, stop that thing. lagos is safe. The only state u can walk on the road at 3AM.
Scented:

What i wanna do is to arrive Lagos 2-3 days before my AC date, go to the AC center a day before to check the place out, and book for any hotel that's closest to that location, something of a stone throw away, so i wouldn't need to stress myself in the morning rushing town to the AC center by 5am to beat traffic, and Lagos is not even safe for such movement at such a time.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Baldg: 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
Guys, let's stick to the aim of this thread which is to be enlightened and connected.
Not everyone feels comfortable stating actual salaries.
Anyone, who is in the know of things, should gladly produce verified information as we are all hopefuls.

and Lastly, let's respect each others view. An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind.

cc xtanburg, Ay4sho, kaydagreat, tetegh

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ayifey(m): 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
Pls does FBN give targets during recruitment??
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Folabimi(m): 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2017
Its so annoying that people cant express their opinion without insulting or demeaning others undecided

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hope all the fighting and quarreling ends on the thread, you people shouldn't go and display such at the AC. Tolerance is key. Keep calm and remain focused
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by agrovick(m): 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
You guys fell my hand, I was expecting blood everywhere on my return to the thread not this relative sense of sanity. gringringrin

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 16, 2017
philvirus:
where r u coming from?
Imo
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2017
Scented:

That's a good idea,might do the same
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 1:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
From my findings about hotels within the AC venue, they are quite on the high side for the average job seeker, but for those who have assessment tomorrow and already in Lagos or on your way you guys can book a hotel using Jumia Travel which is currently offering a 50% discount on all hotels. So for a hotel that charges like N15,000 you'd just pay N7,500 and Jumia would pay the rest. No need for worries as I have been using Jumia Travel hotel booking service for my travels for over 6 months now and its totally hassle free.

The 50% off code is- EIDNG50. Just input that code when confirming your booking.

It expires soon though, just hours from now. Good luck to everyone travelling or already in Lagos awaiting tomorrow's assessment.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hi someone with a good knowledge of Lagos should please help with the following.
1. Distance from Ikeja to the first bank academy
2. Cheap hotels (< or = to 5k) within a stone throw of the academy.
Thank you.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by prettyboy5: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2017
To all those surprised with the little arguments concerning salaries and all, you guys must be joking, you think when you have the very best minds and intelligent brains in the country all scheduled for assessment you would not see arguments coming up? Do you know how many people applied for FBN GTP 2016 and how many wrote the tests all over Nigeria? Presently we that have been invited for AC are not more than 300 so i hail all the intelligent minds around on the thread, never forget you guys are some of the best brains out there, AC then would look to get the best out of the best.

But i support those who argued that knowing exact salary range is necessary, its a right that we job seekers deserve to know, anyone arguing against that fact is definitely still in the stone ages and needs to wake up. When i hear people say some people are not comfortable mentioning salaries i just cringe, like seriously this is an online forum so if you give people an exact range of it would your salary reduce? Nigerians need to grow up from this olden days way of thinking.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Joyintwos(m): 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
Will they provide laptop for individual to prepare the presentation?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Akpasomething: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
andergirl:

I'm confused with the schedule.. I keep seeing peeps saying the Assessment is scheduled for 7 am.

I got 2 mails.. One for 7 am... The other for 1.30 pm...

I also got a call from HCP trying to confirm my availability.. I asked the lady at the other end of the line which of the times should I work with.

The lady said I should disregard the 7 am mail and work with 1.30 pm..

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
Are we actually not more than
300? The crowd at Anthony was massive o...
prettyboy5:
To all those surprised with the little arguments concerning salaries and all, you guys must be joking, you think when you have the very best minds and intelligent brains in the country all scheduled for assessment you would not see arguments coming up? Do you know how many people applied for FBN GTP 2016 and how many wrote the tests all over Nigeria? Presently we that have been invited for AC are not more than 300 so i hail all the intelligent minds around on the thread, never forget you guys are some of the best brains out there, AC then would look to get the best out of the best.

But i support those who argued that knowing exact salary range is necessary, its a right that we job seekers deserve to know, anyone arguing against that fact is definitely still in the stone ages and needs to wake up. When i hear people say some people are not comfortable mentioning salaries i just cringe, like seriously this is an online forum so if you give people an exact range of it would your salary reduce? Nigerians need to grow up from this olden days way of thinking.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
Akpasomething:

I'm confused with the schedule.. I keep seeing peeps saying the Assessment is scheduled for 7 am.

I also got a call from HCP trying to confirm my availability.. I asked the lady at the other end of the line which of the times should I work with.

Just stay close,don't take chances
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
philvirus:
Are we actually not more than
300? The crowd at Anthony was massive o...
Don't rejoice yet,u still gat a long way to go
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
Not rejoicing o...Scared outta my mind.
andergirl:

Don't rejoice yet,u still gat a long way to go
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Akpasomething: 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
andergirl:
Just stay close,don't take chances
You're probably right
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
*Chai, Much dust in d building*,

Don't know why you guys are going fighting over salary for a job u never get, why not search first bank salary on Google, it will give you hints enough to make you decisions and BTW, who doesn't know that only GTB, DIAMOND and ACCESS pays above 200k for entry level, other banks pays between 140-180, put your mind @ 140 after tax and other deductions, many of us will understand when we get some of these jobs that you don't just come online and state your salary when you are still signed to the organisation, we've overblown the fact that this is a faceless forum, but who told you organisations can't find out d person under each moniker, let just face d real business, success to those having their AC tomorrow.

*sweeps my way out of the thread*

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
I dont know why they are 'going fighting' o...hmmmn
mayoor15:
*Chai, Much dust in d building*,

Don't know why you guys are going fighting over salary for a job u never get, why not search first bank salary on Google, it will give you hints enough to make you decisions and BTW, who doesn't know that only GTB, DIAMOND and ACCESS pays above 200k for entry level, other banks pays between 140-180, put your mind @ 140 after tax and other deductions, many of us will understand when we get some of these jobs that you don't just come online and state your salary when you are still signed to the organisation, we've overblown the fact that this is a faceless forum, but who told you organisations can't find out d person under each moniker, let just face d real business, success to those having their AC tomorrow.

*sweeps my way out of the thread*
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by beshiman(m): 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2017
Akpasomething:

Probably there will be two sets for the day 7AM and 1:30PM.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by pappyG: 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2017
Please how do i get to first academy from iyana ipaja?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
uber
pappyG:
Please how do i get to first academy from iyana ipaja?

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.